Karen Ashbrook Reviews

Silver Spring, MD
Rating 5.0 out of 5, 5 Reviews
View more information

• User1012236 2+ years ago
    I can't say enough about how magical our ceremony and reception were due in large part to the beautiful music provided by the 'Karen Ashbrook Trio'. We were worried that it may be too much to have the same musicians play both venues but they are so talented. Karen and Paul play more than one instrument so the music was so varied, our guests did nothing but rave about how wonderful the musicians were. The ambiance in the Wine Press at Mrs. Ks just made the musical experience that more intimate. They have such a great style range that I highly recommend them for any special event.
    Denise Married on 01/28/2012
    Karen was great. She provided different music chioces that I would enjoy at my wedding. She chose the perfect sets to do for each part of the wedding. She alternated between dulcimer and the flute for variety. My husband and I were very pleased.
    Rachael Married on 10/31/2011
    We hired Karen Ashbrook, Paul Oorts, and Andrea Hoag as ceremony musicians for our wedding on May 5th and were very pleased with their performance. Our ceremony was in an outdoor, un-amplified space which posed no problems for the group. My husband and I didn't know exactly what kind of music we wanted so Karen and Andrea were very kind to play some tunes for us and have us provide them feedback on what we liked most. The harp guitar, dulcimer, and fiddle were a beautiful combination. I'd highly recommend them if you're looking for something more unique than Pachelbel's cannon in D that is still accessible and fun.
    J Married on 08/22/2010
    Karen and Paul's music (hammered dulcimer and accordion in our case) was an absolute highlight of our wedding. Karen and Paul helped us pick the perfect repertoire of songs, and were a delight to work with from start to finish. We couldn't have imagined anything better to set the tone for our ceremony. We're so happy we found them!
    Shauna Married on 10/11/2009
    Karen plays the hammered dulcimer and she does so beautifully. The sound of the instrument and the songs that she played really added to the atmosphere of our wedding ceremony. She was easy to work with and did a wonderful job.