Kalioka Stables Reviews

13 | Eight Mile, AL

13 Reviews for Kalioka Stables

Judith Steele · Married on 11/17/2018

Happy grandmother

Recently my granddaughter was married at kalioka stables. It was beautiful. We rarely see some of our out of town family members but we were all together at the wedding site and took great family photos in addition to the great wedding photos. A big thanks to Fredna. Job well done.

Sent on 12/02/2018

Kristen · Married on 11/04/2017

Words cannot describe how amazing the venue is and the staff & owners. Through out the whole process the owners did everything they could to accommodate to our needs on what we were wanting for our wedding. We truly could not have chosen a better venue than this place! I am a picky person on how I want things executed and done, and the wedding coordinator and the owners did exactly everything I asked for and more. All to them, I had the most beautiful wedding I could ask for!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Beautiful venue. It rained on our wedding day yet the staff was very flexible to help us meet our expectations for the ceremony! It was a little tight in the barn for the reception but that was not the fault of the stables. With the rain, people were not able to utilize the outside grounds which kept everyone inside.

Sent on 04/23/2015

My husband and I got married in Summer 2014. The venue was beautiful and the people great to work with. I had a rustic, country wedding and it turned out the best I could've hoped for. It was a hot day (i did choose an outdoor wedding in July after all), but the staff at Kalioka Stables did their best to keep us and our guests cooled off. Over all it turned out to be a beautiful evening and I will always have great memories of that day.

Sent on 08/20/2014

I can honestly say I had my dream wedding at Kalioka Stables. The place was absolutely gorgeous and everything I imagined it would be. The venue went along well with my rustic theme. The people at Kalioka Stables were very nice and easy to work with and went out of their way to make my day as special as possible. I would definitely recommend Kalioka Stables to anyone who is looking for a rustic yet beautiful venue.

Lauren · Married on 06/22/2013

I cant say enough good things about K.O.S. and all of the people on staff who made our day so SMOOTH and perfect! Our ceremony took place outside (absolutely beautiful and so well kept up) and our reception inside. The Moberg's went above and beyond to accommodate my dream wedding! We also had family pictures taken there and they were flexible for the time and date we needed too! the only reason I have a 4.9 instead of 5 for flexibility is because its such a popular venue for not just weddings, but parties, dances, pictures, etc. and its important to have a few dates in mind if you dont get your first pick on a date. You will not find a more beautiful venue and/or professional, personable people for such a decent price to work with for whatever occasion for this venue.

Sent on 09/04/2018
  • Lake

Lake · Married on 03/17/2019

Kalioka Stables venue for Ceremony and Reception

The stables were beautiful, and the people were very easy to work with. They took a lot of stress off the wedding day planning and setup. They have a lot of cute decorations for couples who like more rustic themes, and they set everything up for you! I would highly recommend this venue especially for brides who are super busy outside of wedding planning!

Sent on 03/31/2019

MY DAUGHTER WAS MARRIED AT KALIOKA STABLES. IT WAS A BEAUTIFUL SETTING WE DECORATED IN FALL COLORS. THE OWNER WAS SO HELPFUL WITH EVERYTHING. WE DID A LOT OF PICTURES OUTSIDE. THE PICTURES WERE LOVELY WITH THE GREEN GRAS AND HORSES IN THE BACKGROUND.. I DON'T THINK I HAVE SEEN ANY WEDDING PICTURES MORE BEAUTIFUL. THEY HAVE A BEAUTIFUL LAKE WITH GEORGEOUS SURROUNDINGS. THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS WONDERFUL. I F YOU WANT A LOVELY WEDDING WITH BEAUTIFUL SURROUNDINGS AND KIND PEOPLE TO WORK WITH YOU, I HIGHLY RECOMMEND KALIOKA STABLES.

Amber · Married on 09/07/2013

3.5

Such a beautiful place for an outdoor rustic wedding!

Sent on 05/15/2014

3.6
      2.0
      3.5

Overall I have to say that I had my dream wedding at Kalioka Stables! It was a beautiful day and a gorgeous setting. It was exactly what I had pictured. However there were a few things that I feel they could definitely improve. There were some small things that did not get done how I wanted because of the limited time frame. In my contract we were only allowed 10 hours total on Friday and Saturday, if you wanted more time you had to pay by the hour and it wasn't cheap. It is really difficult to decorate that whole place in that limited amount of time. Our wedding coordinator got there early before the rehearsal and the owner came out and told her that if she wanted to start setting up it would take out of our hours. My family ended up having to stay until 11 or later to clean everything up so we ended up getting charged extra; this was partially the owners fault because he said that we had to clean up all of the tables and chairs because Mobile Popcorn wouldn't do it We asked Mobile Popcorn later and they said that they always pick up the tables and chairs that it is part of the delivery fee. Also don't bring any alcohol other than the wine and champagne agreed upon in the contract unless you want to pay! My father and groom had one bottle of whisky in the room while they were getting ready and the owner did not bother to tell them to put it away instead they hired a police officer for the whole reception at OUR cost even though none of the guest were served anything other than wine. The venue is just gorgeous and they have done a great job with the building and grounds, you can't ask for a more perfect country wedding setting. I just feel they need to improve upon their communication and maybe some contract terms.

Sent on 10/09/2014

2.8
      3.0
      2.0
      1.0

Kalioka is a beautiful, stress-free venue overall. However Chris upset my mother, mother-in-law, and myself. He waited until the week of the wedding to inform us we still owed for the venue. We were originally told it was $500 to hold your date and that would be applied to the payments, but the week of told it was a deposit and would be reimbursed. On the day of the wedding our bartender didn't have whatever license they required. Minutes before I was supposed to walk down the aisle I'm being told our bartender was asked to leave and we wouldn't be able to serve any of the wine we bought. Tip: get your bartender through your caterer!! Overall our wedding was perfect but the owner really is a piece of work. I would recommend the venue if someone else owned it.

Sent on 11/19/2016

0.6
      1.0

Chris told me I could plan the wedding as I wanted it & they’d do it all minus food, photo/videography & the officiant. As time went by they offered me less & less of what was initially discussed. Chris took back some things he originally included & told me that I needed to pay extra for them. He played different music than what I picked out, leaving my guests & my husband & I speechless. He ruined our exit song after we were pronounced husband & wife by choosing a song of his choice, after deliberately ignoring my phone call, voicemail & email telling him what song I wanted as the exit song (this was caught on video & our videographer had to cut a large portion of audio because of it). Chris asked me repeatedly if one of my guests could DJ my wedding, since he took out the DJ that he originally offered me & wanted to charge extra for. I had already exceeded my budget renting Kalioka Stables so I couldnt pay extra for the DJ that was supposed to be included, plus I already printed my invitations saying there would be music via DJ. I thought it would be rude of me to ask one of my guests to DJ my wedding, rather than spend time with friends & family, like wedding guests should do. Chris ended up being the DJ for the wedding, so Im assuming that since he didnt get the extra money he wanted, he decided to call the shots on our music. He also left a huge pause between when the last bridesmaid walked out, to when I was supposed to walk, leaving the guests questioning whether or not I was coming. My husband even said “uh oh”.
    Fredna wasnt the most pleasant person. I was allowed 6 hydrangeas, 1 dozen roses & a few bushels of baby's breath out of the thousands I gave to them. The decorations did not meet the standard at which we discussed. It was pretty (not beautiful) yet plain.
    In my experience, Chris’ priority was the money he would be getting, no matter if he had to ruin parts of our wedding & video to get it & we werent offered much for how costly they are

Sent on 07/11/2016

0.2
      1.5
      0.0

My older brother was wed at the stables in the fall of 2013. I have to honestly say I felt horrible for my brother and his new wife due to the fact the man an woman that owned the stables were extremely rude to my family and the brides. They complained about her grandmother coming at 3:30 pm the day of the wedding and the wedding was at 5:30pm. This should not have been a problem due to the fact the stables were rented from 3pm to 10pm and that was thirty minutes after the agreement for the rent started. Another complaint they had to my father was we had two limos and they did not want limos there at all. The owners were also caught in our limo by my mother who was very pissed. Well most weddings have one limo if not several more due to the fact people prefer not to drink and drive. I guess they prefer you to drink and drive than god forbid you bring a limo to place you paid good hard errand money for. The owners were at the wedding and the after party the entire time and policing the after party while they were eating our food for the after party! I may not speak for everyone but the after parties I have been to people tend to have fun and lay back a little, I guess that skipped their mind while calling a 65 year old deacon a loud mouth drunk. I am honestly highly disappointed in my accountings with them. They also complained to the bride several times on her wedding day and she was brought to tears twice. I would not recommend the stables to anyone. it is a beautiful place but the owners really ruin the outing. I was once told even a beautiful flower that smells sweet as hunny and beautiful as can be can be killed by the famer. I do believe I see what that saying meant now that I have been to gorgeous place that is absolutely horrible.

Sent on 09/19/2013