Kalifornia Entertainment Reviews

143 | Rochester, NY

143 Reviews for Kalifornia Entertainment

Traci B. · Married on 12/05/2020

Working with Josh was a great experience!

Josh, the owner of Kalifornia Entertainment, made sure he understood everything we wanted our wedding to be and he put all of the important details down that we were looking for to ensure it was the best day ever. He constantly kept in touch with us through out the planning phases and he helped us above and beyond plan out the perfect micro wedding due to covid. The day of, he was incredible! He checked in with us throughout the wedding to make sure everything was going the way we wanted it to, he got us drinks when he saw we didnt have any in our hands, he worked perfectly with our coordinator and other vendors and he was super attentive to the music tastes of our guests. His photo booth was perfect for our small wedding and with it being completely touch free really made things easy. We interviewed a few different DJ companies but when we met Josh we knew instantly we had to have him for our wedding and booked him immediately. If you're searching for the best DJ in Rochester that can give you certain things that no one else can, you will find it with Kalifornia Entertainment.

Sent on 12/23/2020

Heather L. · Married on 11/13/2020

Covid Wedding Was A Success!

Where do I begin, we were originally scheduled for to have our wedding in June and we had to postpone due to Covid. Josh took care of our rescheduling with ease, and assured us that we could easily rebook to a later date with no extra fee's. We ended up settling on a Friday wedding in November. Josh was great to work with and he made planning stress free and easy. He went above and beyond in so many ways that he was my savings grace through all this craziness. The day of the wedding, he was even more incredible. He played all of our requested music and I must say, he's a rockstar of a DJ. Even though a lot of people didnt want to be close to others on the dance floor, Josh was so much fun and kept our friends entertained the entire night. His lighting transformed the venue and made it beautiful. His touch free photo booth was awesome and everyone got to take home tons of pics. Kalifornia Entertainment was actually referred to us by our venue and we are so happy we chose Josh because our day wouldn't have been such a success without him. Thank you for everything Josh!

Sent on 12/31/2020

Karena B. · Married on 09/26/2020

Successful Pandemic Wedding

Having to plan a wedding during a pandemic was awful, but Kalifornia Entertainment kept in touch throughout and was very accommodating when I had to push our date out twice. Josh not only kept in touch with me but also with our other vendors and the venue to help replan everything so many times. I would like to say that our wedding happened and was a success because of Josh! When our day finally came and happened, he made everything run so smoothly! From the moment we arrived until the last song, Josh was so personable and went out of his way to ensure all of our needs were met. We were able to relax and enjoy every bit of our special night. Our guests had such a great time. Highly recommend Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment for everything he does, how he goes out of his way to make sure it's an amazing wedding for brides, grooms and guests and because of all of the extra work he does behind the scenes to assure your day is nothing less than perfect.

Sent on 10/04/2020

Kirsten A. · Married on 09/18/2020

DJ, MC, Coordinator, all of the Above

My husband and I were married last week. Both of us had no clue where to start when it came to looking for a DJ. Thankfully our venue suggested someone and a few emails/phone calls later and we were in contact with Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment. He asked us such great questions, regarding what we were looking for so he could provide us with exactly what we wanted. Josh gave fantastic suggestions for songs when we were stumped during the planning and really helped us along the way but the most impressive part of what Josh did was when we had to reschedule our wedding due to Covid-19. Josh was a complete life saver for us and not only coordinated with our venue and other vendors but he really gave us some great ideas for having a smaller scaled down reception. Once the day finally came, Josh wasn’t fantastic, he was beyond fantastic. He was the best possible DJ we could have hired. He took what we talked about with him about and did better than we could have ever imagined. Josh even went beyond the job of a DJ. During dinner he helped to usher tables and spent time talking with our guests. Never did our reception dance feel like every other wedding, and guests who don’t typically dance got out on the dance floor, including my husband who swore he might dance for one or two songs. He ended up dancing the night away. Many of our guests kept saying how amazing Josh was not just as a DJ but as person who genuinely cares about everyone who is there. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ and we will recommend Kalifornia Entertainment to anyone getting married.

Sent on 09/23/2020

Megan M. · Married on 09/05/2020

Best Wedding Reception Ever!

I cannot say enough about how awesome the music at our wedding was! Josh truly knows how to keep the party going and made sure our guests had a blast! After meeting with a bunch of different DJs, my husband and I were worried we were not going to find one that we truly were happy with 100%. We didnt want to settle for someone who was 70, 80, 90 or even 99% of what we were looking for. But Josh nailed it and hit 100% of what we were looking for exactly and he definitely brought the party and rhythm! Josh also worked with us during the ceremony and cocktail hour where we had a solo saxophonist play along with the DJ for an intimate live music feel. It was such a hit! We also got his photo booth through which everyone loved. Our guests have said over and over that our wedding was the most fun wedding they had ever been to. Money well spent!! If you're looking for someone who just gets it and will deliver on EVERYTHING you want for your wedding, you dont want to pass up meeting with and hiring Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment!!!

Sent on 09/16/2020

Kate S. · Married on 08/07/2020

Incredible DJ and Party Planner!

Where do I even begin? Josh was my savings grace. We originally planned to get married in the Spring but covid19 made us switch our date. Josh helped us so much and put my mind at east. He kept in constant contact with me, my husband, my venue and my photographer. We had to take our guest list down to 50 people but he still gave us an amazing wedding reception. He kept our guests entertained, created really fun table games and was able to do so much that our guests loved and still stay within state guidelines. If you're looking for an amazing DJ, I'm telling you right now that Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment is your guy, especially during the strange times we're living in now and having to change weddings drastically. Whether you are having a big wedding or a micro wedding with only 50 people, Josh can still give you everything you want plus more. Thank you Josh for everything and we can't wait to book you for our one year anniversary party!

Sent on 08/14/2020

Ciara S. · Married on 01/25/2020

One Word - WOW!

Our experience with Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment was very positive and he was my favorite vendor we hired for our wedding! We started by meeting with him to get a feel for what we were wanting from our big day and see what he could do to help us achieve that. We hired him on the spot without even thinking twice and we even had appointments set up with other DJs in the area. We are so happy we went with Josh because we received so many compliments on him and had an amazing time! At the end of the night everyone was sad to see it end which I believe speaks volumes on Josh's performance as a DJ. He helped take a lot of stress off from us as he worked behind the scenes on a lot of things for us. He took extra time to make our venue look beautiful with uplighting, an animated monogram on the wall and beautiful floral lighting that covered our entire ceiling. Our guests loved using his photo booth. His photo booth props are some of the best I have ever seen at a wedding which made using the photo booth even more fun. We were more than satisfied with our experience with Kalifornia Entertainment and I would highly recommend this business to anyone else looking for an incredible DJ for their wedding as well!

Sent on 08/28/2020

Andrea A. · Married on 01/17/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Josh was one of the best parts of our wedding. He went above and beyond what was asked of him. He went around and spoke with our guests and treated them all like family. When my timeline went a little array, he assured me we could be flexible and that there was plenty of time for everything we wanted to fit in. He followed our timeline and music requests to the T. If someone at the venue wanted to play a song that was not keeping in our He was very kind and respectful the entire night! I could not have asked for a better DJ. He was wonderful and even our venue coordinator said he was the best DJ she has ever worked with.

Sent on 08/20/2020

Catherine D. · Married on 01/10/2020

Highly Recommended

Josh was recommended by our venue, wedding planner and photographer. We chose his top package that included reception music, ceremony music, full room uplighting, and his photo and video booth! He did a phenominal job and we received positive compliments from all of our guests on him and his music. When we were planning things, he was easy to talk to, made us both feel very comfortable and helped us with a lot of things we were stuck on! Even though he came highly recommended by our venue, planner and photographer, we still compared a lot of DJ's so if you are currently doing looking for your entertainment...just go with Josh and dont waste your time with other DJs like we did. Josh is a great value for his personality, his experience, his planning, his customer service, his packages he offers and most of all, his talent!

Sent on 07/04/2020

Ashley T. · Married on 11/09/2019

Best choice you could make!

A DJ could either make or break your wedding. Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment definitely MADE my wedding day! I can’t say enough good things about him and this company! So professional and knows exactly what to do and how to do it! So very easy to work with too. Josh seriously put my worries to ease about everything. He gave great advice I needed, had every song correct down to the second for the whole night and was so friendly and professional! His communication is incredible and he talked with me almost daily on Facebook. He even gave me tons of ideas that I never even though of to make the reception way more unique and fun. His lighting transformed the venue and made everything beautiful. His photo and video booth was so much fun and our guests loved taking home prints from it. Josh is on a whole other level compared to other DJs and it's simple and quick to see why he has been labeled as the best in the business. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I would recommend Kalifornia Entertainment to anyone!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Mackenzie M. · Married on 10/11/2019

DJ Extraordinaire!

Josh was so awesome! Every time we talked on the phone or online, Josh was incredibly sweet, helpful, and down to earth. We actually booked Josh after terrible customer service/experience with another big local DJ company and dealing with Josh was like night and day compared to the company we were talking to before. On top of that, Josh played the best songs and was flexible when we had certain requests that was nowhere on the standard playlist. The guests danced ALL NIGHT and we had the best time. Another thing that made everything awesome was Josh didnt charge us for uplighting or a monogram which the other company wanted to charge for. I can't say enough how awesome it was to work with Josh and will recommend him to everyone I know looking for a DJ.

Sent on 10/14/2019

Shelly W. · Married on 09/15/2019

Great DJ and Photobooth!

We hired Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment for our Fall themed wedding. He was extremely professional from the beginning, making sure to respond within minutes when we had questions. His planning is impeccable and he makes sure everything down to the finest details are perfect. For the photo booth, I was so impressed with his willingness to customize the photo booth prints for the photos that fit with our style. I loved how it turned out! At the wedding, the photo booth was a huge hit and everyone loved the setup.

On the DJ side of things, he was incredible! He mixed music in a way I have never heard before and it was amazing. Many of our guests said they have never heard a DJ mix music so perfectly like Josh. He more than delivered at the wedding. He was super cool, funny, and played the perfect mix of music during cocktail hour, dinner and during the night. Our guests never once ever left the dance floor. His energy and positivity all night was so impressive!! Thank you Josh for giving us the wedding we dreamed of!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Angie P. · Married on 08/23/2019

Wonderful Experience!

Josh was a dream to work with and we would highly recommend Kalifornia Entertainment for your wedding DJ, lighting and photo booth. Our guests would not stop raving about how much they loved Josh himself and the music. From the beginning, Josh was so responsive via email, Facebook and texting and spent a lot of time getting to know what type of music we preferred. We held a call with him before the wedding and he was engaged and thoughtful and proved to us that he had the correct understanding of our wants and tastes. His photo and video booth was a huge guest favorite at the wedding too and everyone loved using it. We researched high and low for all of our vendors and spent a great deal of time doing our homework on many DJ's. We researched the big companies, the small companies and everything in between. It was important that we had vendors who were organized and responsive and just had a great interest in the success of the wedding. Many of the DJs we talked to and researched felt like salesmen who were feeding us lines of BS just to get our money. Josh is nothing like that and even offered to give us time to think things over before signing with him. There was no pressure what so ever from him. We knew instantly that he was the one after our first meeting and we are very happy we decided to have him as our DJ. We would definitely recommend him to anyone we know getting married. Thank you Josh!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Heather F. · Married on 08/03/2019

He's the best!

We recently had the pleasure of working with Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment at our wedding and can't say enough good things about his service. He was professional and answered every single question we had and then he customized our wedding reception to be the perfect mix for all of our guests. He made the entire evening so much fun and truly memorable for all who attended. Kalifornia Entertainment was also incredibly easy to work with from communication to booking to planning to lighting design to photo booth options and payment to the final days up to our event. We would definitely hire him again and will recommend him to everybody we know. Thanks Josh!

Sent on 08/06/2019
  • W

Wendy I. · Married on 07/13/2019

A perfect night!

Thanks to Kalifornia Entertainment, our wedding and reception were an absolute blast! Josh made the whole process so easy and seamless from our first meet and greet to the very last moments of our reception. Not only is Josh an exceptional DJ, but he is just a really genuine person — it is easy to see he really cares about his clients. During our first meet and greet, Josh took the time to get to know me and my husband on a personal level — how we met, our hobbies, what we envisioned for our day, etc. It made our future meetings and conversations feel more like catching up with old friends than business transactions. Josh was super organized, timely and always looking 5 steps ahead to make sure our big day was flawless. Josh also helped us with a sound system for our wedding ceremony and beautiful up lighting and monogram lighting for the reception. We have received so many compliments from our guests: “Your DJ knows how to throw a party!” and “I have never seen a dance floor so packed…all night!” and “My feet are so sore from dancing!” We cannot recommend Kalifornia Entertainment enough! Thank you for a most perfect and unforgettable day, Josh!

Sent on 07/21/2019

Shannon F. · Married on 06/29/2019

5 star DJ that everyone needs!

Josh was an amazing DJ for our wedding! From the very beginning of planning our big day, Josh was always there to give advice. From timelines for dinner, cake, flower toss, dancing/etc, to other stuff like ceremony songs. He was very helpful! We didn't have a wedding coordinator for the day of, which scared me, but Josh assured us that he will help direct & keep us on track for our timeline, which he did & was great at. He has an amazing warm personality and takes a lot of time to get to know his customers. Hes wonderful at throwing in fun things throughout the night to keep the event upbeat as well. Josh is incredible on the dance floor and probably one of the best dancers I have ever seen in my life. If you're looking for the best, hire the best and the best is Kalifornia Entertainment.

Sent on 07/07/2019

Rebecca L. · Married on 06/22/2019

You have to book him!

My wedding was perfect all thanks to Josh! He met my husband and I numerous times before the wedding and answered my many random texts and Facebook messages with weird wedding questions!! He was so eager to help me in anyway he could. Josh is way more than a DJ. He helped me create a timeline for the wedding day, he found me the perfect photographer and make up artist in a short notice, and he was a huge help before the ceremony when there were a couple of hiccups with my wedding party. The blue up lighting made my reception magical. I received so many compliments on our personalized monogram along with the music, up lighting, and photo booth! I can not thank Josh enough for all the hard work and effort he put into my wedding. I can’t recommend him and his company enough to anyone looking for an incredible DJ!

Sent on 06/25/2019

Enrique M. · Married on 06/07/2019

Best DJ In Rochester!

My wedding was a couple of weeks ago and everyone is still amazed at how awesome Kaliforna Entertainment was. My wife and I have heard a lot of DJs before but not one is as good as Josh (DJ Kalifornia). He had our wedding hype and our dance floor was like a Miami night club. Josh hit it out of the park with everything from his uplighting to monogram to photo booth to the way he introduced every part of the night to all of his planning. Josh is a rare breed and if you are looking for the best, there isnt anyone out there who can come close to matching everything Josh gives you and does for you. Hire him right now! 10 stars if I could give him that much! Thanks Josh!

Sent on 06/13/2019

Valerie W. · Married on 05/31/2019

Amazing Experience!!

We loved the professionalism given to us by Josh. A DJ can really make or break a special night and ours was wonderful. We've been to a few weddings as guests in the past couple of years and all of the DJ's were cringeworthy at best. But with Josh is totally different than all of those cheeseballs. First, he was really easy to work with. He's been doing this a long time and not only does he do weddings but he works in clubs and that's the vibe we were going for to have that fun upbeat atmosphere. Josh is a vendor you can fully trust to do everything he promises you during the planning stages and then some. We loved his client backend feature on his website that has lists of the most popular songs in each category (first dance, ceremony, etc.) That was really helpful when choosing music. We wanted to alter the tempo of a couple songs which Josh did with no problem or extra charges. He really captured the vibe of the night and had the right energy from beginning to end. I especially recommend Kalifornia Entertainment if you're like us and wanted a 90's throwback and old school hip hop dance party.

Sent on 06/14/2019

Angie C. · Married on 05/17/2019

Amazing! So Much More than Just a DJ!

Josh was absolutely amazing. He took a lot of time before the wedding talking to us and having a few in person meetings to make sure everything was sorted out and ready. The actual wedding went perfectly smooth, and many of our guests commented on how great the music was. He kept the dance floor filled the entire night, did a great job MC’ing, and really worked with us to make it our event with our music. Josh even came out on the dance floor and showed everyone how to do some hip hop choreopgraphy. He even set up live sound equipment so we could have live singers with guitars during the ceremony. We didnt know if we wanted to do favors so Josh recommended his photo booth so guests could take home pics as favors and it was the best thing ever. Everyone loved the idea and being able to use the photo booth all night. I will recommend Kalifornia Entertainment every opportunity I can and our photographer said he would do the same. He told us he's worked a lot of weddings and has never seen a DJ do what Josh does. Thank you Josh so much for everything. You truly made our wedding the greatest night of our lives.

Sent on 06/18/2019
  • W

Wendy S. · Married on 03/02/2019

He's A Professional!

I don't even know where to begin when explaining how awesome Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment is. From our initial meeting, to the planning process, to our wedding day, he went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect. When we met Josh for the first time, he explained that his goal is to make sure the bride and groom show up to their wedding feeling like guests so they can enjoy the day and not worry about anything. Let me tell you, he did just that, and more. My husband was so impressed with Josh's presentation, his demeanor and personality, his thoroughness, his client area on his website and planning forms that the minute we left our initial meeting he said we needed to book him immediately (which we did a few days later). Josh sat with us and we acted like best friends that have known each other for years. He made us feel very comforable and didnt come across like some sleazy car salesman like some other DJ's we met with. From that moment on, Josh was so on top of everything when it came to the lead up to the reception and kept constant communication open with us almost every week on Facebook. He also did a walk through at our venue with us prior to the wedding to ensure everything for the set up and logistics would be perfect (including uplighting, monogram, cake lighting, and his photo booth which we booked through him). I really don't know of any other DJ who would be willing to do so much that Josh did for us just to help make a day so special. When the actual day came, and the minute we stepped into the reception, we did not have to worry about a single thing. Josh made everything go SO smoothly and the dance floor was packed all night. We left him in charge of music creativity and it was amazing. I've been to other weddings where the DJ was just so bad in the songs they chose. You never have to worry about that with Josh. I wish I had more room to keep posting how great he is, but I will wrap up by saying booking Josh was the best decision we made for our wedding and he is truly one of a kind!

Sent on 03/03/2019

Maggie R. · Married on 02/09/2019

He wow'd us

I can't really say much more than what so many other reviewers have said about Josh at Kaliforna Entertainment. He lives up to his reputation of being the best and living up to what he promises you. His customer service is out of this world. His ideas to help you come up with special moments and plans for your wedding is out of this world. His DJ skills are out of this world. His monogram lighting, uplighting and dance lighting is out of this world. His photo booth is out of this world. His follow up and personality is out of this world. His dance skills and willing to help people do line dances is out of this world. Did I say Josh is the best and out of this world? Good, you should hire him for your wedding because he is amazing. Thanks Josh for all you did and continue to do for everyone else who books you.

Sent on 02/19/2019

Antonio R. · Married on 01/27/2019

Very happy with the services provided

I largely attribute the success of our wedding day to Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment. From the very first time we met with him, we felt confident that we were working with a top notch professional and that Josh was committed to making our day special for us. During our multiple meetings with him, he helped us choose all the little details that made sure our wedding was the best ever.

The day of our wedding, he showed up 3 hours before cocktail hour to make sure his equipment, uplighting, monogram and photobooth was set up and looked professional. In the time during cocktail hour, before announcing the wedding party he went over the details one more time. Josh was OCD about making sure names and everything was perfect and if there were any last minute changes, which we loved because it shows his dedication to his craft. Thank goodness!

We did have had a last minute change in the wedding party and he saved us a lot of embarrassment by being on top of things. The reception went wonderfully and Josh did a great job keeping things on track without being intrusive. He knew exactly how to engage our guests and just really went above and beyond all of our expectations. The price to book Josh and all the extras was much less than other companies but I can say you get your moneys worth with him. Kalifornia Entertainment will definitely be my number one choice and recommendation to anyone needing a carefree day without having to worry about if the DJ sucks or is unprofessional. Thank you Josh for making our day incredible.

Sent on 03/31/2019

Samantha P. · Married on 01/12/2019

Best DJ Ever!

Wow! I don’t even know where to begin. Josh was phenomenal. Hiring a DJ was one of our most stressful decisions. They either make the party or break it. Kalifornia Entertainment absolutely made our night. Not only did he make the reception run smoothly but Josh constantly made sure that the wedding party had everything they needed as well as our guests. He even checked with us during dinner to see if we need our drinks refilled. If you’re in the market for a fun stress free night, we highly recommend contacting Josh. Thank you for making our night the most memorable night of our lives. Josh also provided uplighting, a monogram and a photo booth with was a bit hit with all of our family members and friends. We had to book Josh 2 years out because we knew how popular he was and that so many people want him for their weddings so if you have him for yours, consider yourself very lucky and privileged to have him. Thank you Josh for everything you did for us and giving us the wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 02/06/2019

Amy C. · Married on 12/15/2018

My Favorite Vendor

Kalifornia Entertainment was amazing to work with. The process we went through with Josh to discuss the wedding details was great and so easy.

Josh talked us through all of his wedding packages offered, and we never felt pressured to overpurchase anything -- he just helped us select exactly what we needed without going overboard or upselling us on things we didn't need like the scenario we had with a few other DJs.

The DJ services provided by Josh in the leadup and during the wedding ceremony/reception were top quality. He knew the wedding plan and kept in communication with the wedding party, our coordinator, the catering staff, and the photographer to ensure that everything flowed seamlessly. In fact, we got compliments from guests that this was the smoothest wedding they'd been to.

And the music -- we had so much help from Josh to select music styles, artists, and specific songs to create a musically cohesive event. We were guided by him to really think through each wedding component. We truly felt the benefits of having a talented DJ create a playlist based on what we love, while also keeping the music throughout the night contextually appropriate to the cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. For the special moments, Josh played every song right on cue. We are so lucky to have been able to work with Kalifornia Entertainment for our wedding and will recommend him to everyone we know.

Sent on 01/09/2019