Kalifornia Entertainment Reviews

Kalifornia Entertainment 1
Kalifornia Entertainment 2

Nicole Hurley · Married on 11/09/2018

The best DJ ever!

Hiring Kalifornia Entertainment was without a doubt the best wedding planning decision we made. Josh was amazing to work with and made our wedding reception the best it could be. We hired him to do our ceremony music and to DJ our reception and his photobooth. He provided all of the equipment needed, including microphones and lighting (a monogram and uplighting). He also provided an initial detailed questionnaire that was a huge help in the planning process.

Josh was excellent at keeping the reception going and keeping everyone on our planned timeline but was still flexible with us as the night went on. He did an amazing job keeping the guests entertained and the party going, even my 80 year old grandmother got up and danced! We loved how comfortable it was for us to work with him and how he was willing to do whatever we wanted for our wedding. We had total faith that Josh would do an excellent job and he did not let us down. We definitely feel that we got more than our money's worth with Kalifornia Entertainment.

Veronica Cooks · Married on 10/12/2018

The Best DJ In Rochester!

So glad I chose Josh (DJ Kalifornia) and Kalifornia Entertainment to DJ my wedding. Both during and after the reception numerous guests told me how great the music selections were, and it was also evident by how much fun they were having on the dance floor. But what really sets Josh apart from other DJs is his professionalism in everything he does, his down to earth personality, his constant on-going communication, his ideas and concepts to make every wedding unique and of course, his nightclub and bar experience which makes his mixing impeccable and of course his sick dance skills. He also has very quick thinking and able to change things on a whim when schedules are thrown off and he has excellent execution in keeping the party upbeat and moving along in a timely manner. When we couldn't quite remember the steps to a line dance, he jumped onto the dance floor and gave us a brief review of the footwork so we could get back to just having fun. And when I realized at the last minute that I had no garter for the groom to toss, Josh found an improvised item in our table decorations that worked as a great substitute (nobody knew the difference)! He also managed to find and play a couple more obscure songs that had special meaning to me toward the end of the reception. I know very well that music can make or break a party, but Josh made it easy for everyone to have a good time. I definitely recommend him, his DJ services, his professionalism, his photo booth and lighting for any event.

Jenny · Married on 09/28/2018

comfortable and we talked like we had known each other for years. That was an important thing for my husband and I when meeting DJ's. We needed someone who didnt pressure us or pull shady sales tactics. Josh was very laid back and gave us amazing ideas that we never even thought was possible at a wedding. He was responsive to our needs throughout the planning process and the entire day of the wedding. Our friends and family loved him as much as we did. His mixing was AMAZING and if you're priviledged enough to see him dance with your wedding party, then consider it a treat. We wanted someone who could read our dance floor and mix music with perfection, which we got with Josh because he's a club DJ. We loved his uplighting and monogram and our friends and family had a blast in his photo booth all night. He also let us get pictures behind his DJ booth with his turntables which was so great! We absolutely recommend Kalifornia Entertainment and would give him 10 stars if we could! My husband plans to hire him again for his work Christmas party and my sister plans to hire him for a Sweet 16 next year.

Dana · Married on 09/14/2018

Josh was amazing. He was so flexible and very professional. We didn't have to lift a finger, he was organized and knew exactly what to do at every moment. Being the Bride, I was so busy during the reception and it felt good to have someone have my back and stay on top of the moments that were so important to me. He was detailed and knew the perfect music to play. I think my favorite part was his personality, he is an upbeat person that keeps the party alive and he himself is one of the most amazing dancers I have ever witnessed in my life. I was very impressed by his talent as a DJ and how he was able to do everything with so much ease. Through my experience it is not something you should get just anyone to do. You need someone with experience and talent and that is what we got from Josh. One more item that is so important to me was the trust part, I went through a few other companies that didn't stay true to their word. Then a relative told me about Josh and the honesty and trust was there right away - he actually cares about the client. There were no hidden costs or tacky promotions, it was one price for his DJ services, lighting, photo booth and that was it. He is true to his word and he communicated with us very well. He responds quickly and is there to help every step of the way. We were very lucky to have him! I will recommend him to every friend and family member in the future.

Kristin · Married on 09/09/2018

Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment was AMAZING!!! We loved him...our guests loved him...and he was beyond incredible to work with!!! "Best wedding music ever" was pretty much the most commonly heard phrase we got throughout the evening!!! The dance party went on well into the night, the dance floor was full, and he was everything we had hoped for. We said we didn't want a cheesy music type of DJ, but someone who our guests love, feel connected with, but also someone who keeps the timeline and sequence of events under control. He did all of these things and more!!!! And the hotel staff loved working with him. Our coordinator said she has never seen so many people on the dance floor all night with other DJs and she was going to refer all her brides to Josh. He was responsive, fun, innovative, resourceful, punctual, and perfect in every way!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND JOSHUA V. AND KALIFORNIA ENTERTAINMENT!!!!

Dawn · Married on 08/31/2018

Where do I begin with my praise for Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment? He was absolutely amazing and was hands-down the most talked about aspect of my wedding. People loved him! Josh went above and beyond as a DJ. We met several times leading up to the big day where we talked in detail about the reception. Josh is multi-talented. He not only is an incredible DJ and MC but he's an awesome dancer. He taught my entire wedding party how to pop & lock and breakdance. They LOVED it. He was an expert at adding additional lighting to the reception area. We used his photo booth and monogram lighting skills as well. The reception flow was outstanding, thanks to him. The introduction of the bridal party was a huge hit. The way he introduced each member individually with facts about each person was unique and personal. The love story he told of how my fiance and I met was beautiful and had the guests in tears. There was never a dull moment and several people wanted his name and number following the wedding. My husband and I couldn’t more pleased with Josh. Book him now! He’s worth it. Thank you Josh for making our wedding day something we will always remember.

Tracy · Married on 08/18/2018

Josh was WONDERFUL! The music was on so on point the whole night and our guests were out dancing and actually had to be told to sit down for a short time while dinner was served so that they wouldn’t be in the way of the waiters. He played our requests, took requests from our guests and transitioned songs so smoothly and flawlessly. Not only was he an awesome DJ, but also a great professional to work with. He was very responsive, timely, and made sure to check in with us periodically leading up to the wedding and even at the wedding. Not to mention he is an incredible dancer himself and taught my wedding party how to do this really fun hip hop dance! We will definitely be using him and his photo booth for any future events. My Maid of Honor is engaged and she said after the wedding she wants Josh and no one else. Thank you for everything!!

Emily · Married on 08/17/2018

Josh was amazing. He was one of the first venues we chose and he was there for us every step of the way with any questions we had. He had our dance floor filled the entire night. Our venue commented they hadn't seen that much energy on the dance floor before. The music he played was a hit with all of our guests!! People were commenting on how great it was all night!! And he did uplighting, ceremony music, cocktail hour music, a photobooth as well!! People were in the photobooth all night!!! He helped make our night perfect!!

Julia · Married on 08/10/2018

Josh was a pleasure to work with. His online planning forms made it easy to plan out our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. We had several specific requests that Josh was able to accommodate. We wanted an elegant and upscale feel for the majority of our cocktail and dinner hours and created a list of artists for Josh to work from which he played the perfect set. The music during party time was perfect and a true reflection of us which is exactly what we wanted. We had a great time dancing the night away with our family and friends.

The uplighting and monogram was beautiful and helped enhance our venue. His cake spotlighting made our wedding cake stand out and look perfect. The photo and video booth was worth every penny. Our guests could not get enough of it!

We would highly recommend Kalifornia Entertainment if music is important to you! The entertainment can make or break your wedding and Josh knocked it out of the park and we had so many guests talking about how much fun they had at our wedding! Josh is simply the best in Rochester so if you want the best, he should be at the top of your vendor search.

Brian · Married on 07/28/2018

Josh exceeded our expectations! He was very helpful and gave us full control of the music for our night. We had specific songs we wanted to hear, but left a lot of creativity for him. He did not disappoint. Any communication with him was prompt and professional. He was extremely helpful with everything, and paid very close attention to detail. He didn't let us down. He is incredibly personable and made our entire night so much fun. Our wedding theme was music related, and he brought in his turntables for us to stand behind and get pictures. It fit in perfectly, and our guests absolutely loved it. DJ Kalifornia is a must for anyone looking for top notch entertainment at a reasonable price. Thank you, Josh, for everything! You were absolutely fantastic.

Kalifornia Entertainment 3

Joanna · Married on 07/20/2018

Want to keep your wedding guests engaged, have your reception run smoothly, and have a heck of a party? We absolutely recommend Kalifornia Entertainment! Josh met with us twice before our wedding and did a walk through with us at our venue, going over our wedding day timeline to the minute to ensure everything was on time. Everything was planned out perfectly and smoothly! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for the reception! Many of our guests remarked how good our DJ was and how he kept everyone engaged all night long! A great DJ that knows how to run a wedding reception and keep a dance going, we promise Kalifornia Entertainment and Josh will be the best decision you have made! PS. Get his photo booth! It was so much fun!

Karen · Married on 06/16/2018

Josh with Kalifornia Entertainment is fabulous. We knew from our first meeting with him that we were in the best hands. He is extremely organized and on top of every detail, and he made myself and my husband feel so at ease! He walked us through every step of the reception and and made sure we got exactly what we wanted. He was so easy to get in touch with, and he made sure to clarify anything and everything beforehand. No detail was missed. He was even able to supply us with ceremony music and microphones the day of our wedding at a last minutes notice. He saved our ceremony! During the reception he was able to go with the flow and gauge the crowd at every moment, and was extremely flexible when we wanted to change up the order of things on the fly based on our crowd. It flowed seamlessly. Our dance floor was over flowing with our guests from beginning to end and we received so many compliments on how much fun everyone had, which had to do with Josh. I highly recommend this amazing company for any of your wedding needs! 10/10 stars.

Lisa · Married on 06/09/2018

We cannot say enough positive things about Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment. Let me start by saying we found him because he came highly recommended through friends. We met with a couple of DJ companies that have a bunch of different DJs that you can choose from and we couldn't understand why their prices were so high. Our friends told us that it's because those companies have an over head to pay so they pass those prices and fees on to you, which isn't very fair in my opinion. If you're looking for a DJ, keep that in mind when you do your search. So our friends told us to check out Josh and boy are we so happy we did.

From our first meeting until the very end of our wedding, he was wonderful. Always making sure we had everything we needed. He played an awesome variety of music and kept everybody on the dance floor all night long. Anything you want, he will try to make it happen for you! The photo booth was amazing and everyone loved having pictures as the wedding favors.

Josh worked with our officiant to help schedule our the ceremony too, which went off flawlessly. The reception was phenomenal. Josh was so on top of it he actually took the time to ask my husband and I if he could get us anything to drink from the bar. He was very aware of the time schedule and would find us if it was time to move on to the next formal portion of the reception. Another huge thing in my opinion is that he got along great with our other vendors and they loved him. Our photographer even said she was removing a DJ from her vendor list and putting Josh right at the top because he was so great. Thank you Kalifornia Entertainment for making our day PERFECT!

Bridget · Married on 06/08/2018

We hired Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment at the recommendation of our caterer, photographer AND VENUE, and we couldn’t have been more impressed. Josh was incredibly nice and professional. He was helpful throughout the whole process and followed up with several phone calls along the way to make sure we had everything we wanted included in the reception. I didn’t realize how helpful he would be moving the event along, coraling people for toasts etc. He was like having a second wedding coordinator! On top of all that, he played amazing music that kept the party going. If you're reading this review, let me give you some advice. When choosing your entertainment, make sure you pick a DJ that works at nightclubs, like Josh. My fiance and I have been 4 weddings in the past couple of years and the difference between a DJ that has played at nightclubs and a DJ that does not is a night and day difference. Josh mixed music from old to new, from 60s to today with perfect execution. He is a master at his craft when it comes to DJing, reading a room and MCing. He also supplied us with a really cool monogram, uplighting, a photobooth which our guests loved and used all night. We could not thank him enough. DJ Kalifornia is #1 in Rochester and in very high demand for so many reasons. If you have him for your wedding, consider yourself very very lucky!

Valorie · Married on 04/08/2018

Where do we even begin? I cannot thank Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment enough for the absolutely incredible job he did DJ'ing our wedding. We are still reliving every moment and coming down off the high of the reception...everyone had an absolute blast and we really credit that to Josh bringing the jams and creating a SUPER fun, lively and energetic environment. It's everything we wanted and more! Josh was wonderful to work with, flexible, accommodating, respectful, and professional. He made our day so memorable- the songs he played were PERFECT, and we LOVED the way he mixed songs so smoothly. I've never seen my dad get out on a dance floor in my LIFE! Thanks again to Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment, my husband and I both recommend him highly!! Worth every penny!!

Taylor · Married on 04/08/2018

After looking for the right DJ for 4 months we finally found Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment and knew he was the one that would make our wedding everything we dreamed of. I appreciated how responsive and timely Josh was in all of his communications. Every email or phone call was responded to extremely quickly, usually getting back to me the same day. Josh is hands down the best DJ I have ever seen or heard. Not only does he keep the crowd on the dance floor all night, but he is an excellent MC, has superb mixing skills, and is a great guy to work with! EVERYONE had an amazing time and loved the music, vibe and energy all night.

In addition to the DJ services, Josh also provided the uplighting, photo booth, and photo scrap book, all of this at an incredible value that was half the cost of anyone else we talked to!!

We had such a wonderful wedding thanks to Kalifornia Entertainment!! Our guests are still raving about the DJ! Great music, awesome photo booth, and priceless times!! I heard at the end of the night from the bartender that the reception staff and venue owner took down Josh's contact information because they commented on how energetic he kept all of our guests for the entire evening to the point he has never seen any other DJ do as well as him. They are going to refer all of their brides to him only going forward. Thanks so much for an amazing wedding!

• W

Wendy · Married on 03/25/2018

Kalifornia Entertainment provided exceptional service throughout our entire wedding planning process. From the very first meeting with Josh we knew that he would be a great partner for us to work with. Initially we were on the fence about getting a photo booth, but Josh made it so easy and affordable to bundle together.

We are so grateful that we had Josh as our DJ for our wedding. He kept the night moving and energized. We received so many compliments immediately following the night that the music and Josh himself were awesome. One of our friends who is getting married in December said to us, "I am so mad I already booked my DJ because now I want Josh!" She went with one of the bigger DJ companies in the area and she is paying TRIPLE what we paid for Josh.

Midway through the night, our wedding coordinator said usually she sees one or two tables sitting down, but that was not the case at our wedding. Every single table was up and having a great time.

The lighting and the photo booth topped off the entire night from the look of the room to adding an extra element of fun.

So many guests commented that this was the best wedding they attended and it would not have been possible without Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment!!

Joanne · Married on 03/24/2018

Josh is the best! Before I was referred to him by our florist, I spent hours and weeks meeting with 9 to 10 different DJ's and felt like I was never going to meet a DJ that my husband and I liked. Josh listened to all of our wedding wishes, came to our rehearsal and did a walk through with us at our venue, played all of our requested songs and our guests' requested songs, and got every single guest up and dancing! His personality is great and we felt like we have been friends with him for years. He just understood us. We heard he was an amazing dancer himself so we even pulled him out on the dance floor to show us his hot moves. He didn't disappoint. He did an incredible job mixing songs from oldies to motown to recent hits to 80's. All of our family and friends loved him and we got so many compliments after our wedding. His photobooth was so easy to use and a lot of fun. We really liked the fact that guests could take home pictures from the photobooth because we didn't have favors to give. So the photobooth pics acted like the favors. If I had to plan a million more weddings, I would book Josh every single time. He's that amazing at what he does. If you're planning your wedding right now, save yourself some time and stop meeting with other DJ's because Josh is truly the best out there.

Lynne · Married on 03/18/2018

Josh was very easy and very professional to work with. He responded to all of our emails, calls and Facebook messages promptly, and met in person twice to plan the details. Once in the beginning and once at the venue to do a walk through. He is a VERY experienced DJ from working at nightclubs to doing different kinds of events to all types of weddings. He takes his job very seriously and treated us like we were VIP customers and not like we were just some number that was assigned to him like some of the other area wedding DJ companies do (we know they do this because we met with 4 of them and this is something a lot of them do). Josh helped us with the ceremony music, provided the soundtrack for the dinner service, and was the emcee for the reception events. He really helped us set the tone for the wedding from start to finish. The dancing was so much fun and no one wanted to leave the dance floor because every song was hit after hit and mixed smoothly and flawlessly. If Kalifornia Entertainment is not your #1 DJ to book, you are missing out because he is incredible and has perfected making everyones wedding the best. Thank you Josh for everything you did for us and your friends and family.

Paula · Married on 03/10/2018

This was the best night of our lives and it had so much to do with Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment. We wanted everyone to be up and dancing and having fun and Josh is incredible at playing music that gets EVERYONE up and moving. The dance battle he had everyone doing with each other was so funny and our photogher got the best shots ever because of it. There wasn't a single time where there was ANYONE sitting down. Even our 94-year-old grandma was up and dancing with her walker. Josh took everyone's requests with a smile and he mixed everything perfectly. I cannot recommend him enough to anyone who is looking to make their wedding so much fun and engaging. He was wonderful about helping make the day run smoothly. He was also very quick to get back to us when we have questions and ideas. It was exactly what we wanted and more people complimented us on our DJ than anything else. My Maid of Honor said many times she wished she had Josh for her wedding instead of the DJ she chose from a bigger company. Thank you so much Josh for all you did for us.

Kirsten · Married on 03/09/2018

If you are looking for a professional, high quality, and responsive company for your music needs, look no further! Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment was phenomenal from the time I sent an email to inquire about services to days after our wedding! Josh went above and beyond to help fit my music needs in our time crunch for the wedding! He was easy going, kept the energy alive all night with a full dance floor, did a dance battle between guys and girls which turned out very fun and hilarious and checked in with us through out the entire night to make sure we were doing ok. He even gave us a little gift to say thank you for hiring him which my fiance and I will use every weekend. Everyone loved taking pictures in his photo booth and in front of the custom monogram. I am so glad we came in contact with this amazing company! Hire Kalifornia Entertainment if you want the best day ever.

Sherry · Married on 02/04/2018

My wedding night was AMAZING & SO FUN thanks to Kalifornia Entertainment! It was an absolute pleasure and the best decision ever to have Josh DJ my wedding! He did such a great job getting the crowd going and keeping people out on the dance floor literally all night long! The song selections were great and he was very accommodating to my personal requests! Hiring an amazing and top notch DJ for such a memorable event in your life is a big part of the memories that you make and what people remember most - dancing and having fun! Kalifornia Entertainment IS that company you want to call to help with you making those everlasting memories. I would most definitely recommend Josh for a DJ and his photo booth if you want the best night of your life!

Julia · Married on 02/03/2018

We danced non-stop all night. I am so happy that I made the decision to have Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment DJ our wedding. When searching for a DJ, we were looking for someone who understood weddings and had plenty of wedding experience, but who was a real DJ, in an artistic sense. I wanted to feel like I was out on the town with all my best friends and I did not want to be stuck doing the Cha Cha slide and the YMCA all night. I also didn't want the cheese that some wedding DJs have. Facilitate the reception events, read the crowd, and play awesome dance music. We found this in Josh (DJ Kalifornia) because he's an actual nightclub DJ and not a DJ that presses play without mixing or a DJ that plays old people music.

Josh arrived early to the venue 2 hours ahead of time and got to work right away. He went above and beyond the call of duty and helped ensure that our guitar player could amplify his sound and that the officiant had sound as well. Once the reception started, I heard nothing but compliments about the music. When the dance floor opened for everyone, it stayed full literally the whole night. I never wanted to leave it because every song was so good. It seemed like every time I would step off the dance floor, I would have to run back onto the dance floor because "my favorite" song would come on! All of our guests had such a blast. And Josh is an AMAAAZZZIINNGGG dancer himself who I forced to come out on the dance floor and show everyone his wild break dancing moves and how to do some dance choreography. I can't thank Josh enough for making my wedding the one from my dreams and believe me when I say Josh is above 99% of the DJ's in Rochester. If you want the best, you need to hire him right away!

Trish · Married on 02/02/2018

Josh helped us create the night we were dreaming of. He was very helpful through the entire process and made things fun and simple. During our meeting together we gave him very little direction and mostly put our faith in him as a professional. It was a success, everybody was dancing all night and had a great time. So much so that people didn't eat as many cookies and dessert as we thought because they were having too much fun dancing. He even surprised my husband by sneaking in a Punk Rock song from his favorite band in at the end of the night. His photo booth was a big hit and our guests loved being able to take away pictures of our wedding. We can't recommend Kalifornia Entertainment enough and if you choose to use Josh at your wedding, I am 100% positive you will be one happy bride.

Christie · Married on 01/27/2018

I don’t even know where to begin, other than I wish I could give more than five stars! From the moment I first met Josh I knew he would be the perfect fit for our wedding. He was so in tuned with our needs and wants for our day and did everything in his power to make it happen. His calm demeanor and ability to flow with the day was key in our wedding going off without a hitch. Having a small group (65 people) I was very worried about not having enough people to truly get the party started. Josh turned the party up and I received a TON of compliments from our guests about how impressed they were with him! He kept the perfect pace to the day and worked flawlessly with our other vendors which was amazing!! I would recommend DJ Kalifornia without hesitation to anyone planning an event! Thank you, thank you, thank you Josh for making our day so perfect!!

Kalifornia Entertainment 4