Kalifornia Entertainment Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Molly D. Married on 12/11/2021

Highly Recommended to Ensure Your Wedding Vision!

We got in touch with Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment because our venue coordinator referred him immediately. Our officiant recommended him also. Josh replied quick to our request and after meeting with him, we saw pretty quick why he is in such high demand and why our venue and vendors recommend him strongly. He complemented our vision in music tastes and wedding theme and was able to adapt to all of our guests musical requests and selections. Even for specialty songs that are not what you would normally hear at most weddings. He also surprised us with some awesome party LED foam lights that pushed our night forward even more! His video booth was a very big hit with our guests, especially with the guests who were not big dancers. It gave them something fun to do and they loved it. I wish I could give Josh a hundred stars. He is incredible at what he does. If you're able to reserve him for your wedding then consider yourself very very lucky because you absolutely will not find a better DJ that does what Josh does or a better company that gives you the level of customer service and detail that you get with Kalifornia Entertainment.
    Heidi P. Married on 10/23/2021

Wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

Josh is the ultimate professional and was awesome. He more than delivered than we could have possibly wanted! Not only is he an incredible DJ that uses turntables, but he comes with a ton of great wedding planning experience to make sure your night runs as smooth as possible. The way he was able to read the crowd and keep the party going was something I have never seen before at other weddings I attended. A DJ can make or break any party and Kalifornia Entertainment made my wedding the best party of my life. We asked for a "club" at the reception and he did just that! Everyone loved the atmosphere during the last 2 hours and honestly everyone was dancing all night. Josh is also very prompt in getting back to you just about immediately and he offers a special touch of customer service that is out of this world. He also goes through your music choices and timelines with you to makes sure you are satisfied and offers tons of suggestions if you are not sure what to do. RECOMMENDED! RECOMMENDED! RECOMMENDED!! He will be my go to DJ company for any event I’m apart of going forward.
  • Courtney
    Courtney C. Married on 08/21/2021

Amazing!

Josh by far is the best DJ there is! He is professional and accommodated all of our requests. 3 months later people are still raving about my wedding and how awesome our DJ was!! He really pumped up the atmosphere and made our reception the best it could be. I’ve known Josh for a long time and he is great at what he does! I would recommend him to any couple looking for an amazing DJ!!!
    Abby L. Married on 08/06/2021

Thank You!

A huge thank you to Kalifornia Entertainment for helping us have an amazing wedding! Josh was so patient as we postponed our celebration several times and had a few last minute changes the day of the wedding. Josh is amazing at what he does and you learn very quickly why he books up so fast and why he is in such high demand. Consider yourself very lucky if you are able to secure him for your wedding. Everthing he does is on a whole other level to make sure your wedding is a total success. The music, the lighting, the planning and customer service, and the photobooth were all an enormous success with us and our guests and he truly enhanced the whole experience. This is without an absolute doubt the best company and DJ in Rochester to have on your side. Thank you again!
    Paula H. Married on 06/04/2021

Choose them!

My husband and I are so glad that we hired Kalifornia Entertainment for our wedding reception. Josh provided excellent advice and professional recommendations for almost every part of the wedding which I greatly appreciated, and personal touches that really made his company stand out above any DJ service I have experienced before at other weddings we were guests at. He was both great to work with and extremely professional. Most importantly, the music selection was perfect and he kept people dancing all night long. So many friends and family members said their feet were really sore the next day from dancing all night. So happy we went with Josh, and will be recommending Kalifornia Entertainment to everyone we know.
    Jennifer N. Married on 04/23/2021

Josh is your #1 guy in your planning corner

I’m overjoyed to finally be married and to have had the honor of working with Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment! He was patient and accommodating to the ever changing covid environment and very understanding of the need to rearrange at a moments notice. He has exceptional communication, high attention to detail, is an extremely talented DJ in the way he mixes music, let my husband and I play on his turntables so our photographer could get fun photos, takes extra care in making all of his lighting look flawless and impeccable, and most importantly has excellent knowledge of the nights wedding flow. Our families and friends loved him and the way he interacted with everybody, all had a wonderful time using his photo booth, and never once ever stopped dancing the entire night. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing a strong DJ in your corner to help your wedding go smoothly and create a night filled with fun!
    Sharon C. Married on 03/13/2021

Made Our Day Amazing

I don't even know where to begin and what to say that is anything different than what a lot of people have said and reviewed Josh. He is amazing at what he does and his reputation is spot on. He goes above and beyond, his customer service is 10 stars, he takes the time to add small touches and elements to his weddings, his planning and being OCD about everything being perfect is incredible and Josh himself is just a wonderful man. His DJ skills, lighting, photobooth and everything else he offers are miles ahead of anyone else you could even think of to talk about your wedding. Our venue coordinator, photographer, and limo company all referred Josh and told us there is no one better. That is so true. Thank you Josh for everything you did for us, our family and friends on our special day.
    Natalie S. Married on 02/20/2021

He was fantastic!

I hired Kalifornia Entertainment on the recommendation of my photographer and videographer. Not only did Josh deliver excellent customer service, communication, and planning prior to, during and even AFTER the wedding, my guests all said it was the best DJ they have ever heard and they had so much fun. A few of my guests had blisters on their feet because they couldnt stop dancing and were on the dance floor all night long. Josh had great audience participation and everybody loved him like he was part of the family. He helped to make things run very smoothly, and was actually more helpful and in control than some of the staff at the venue. He included everyone and has a great personality for his job. Josh knew exactly what to do and play to make sure everyone had a great time and our reception was a huge hit. I would recommend Josh to anyone needing a professional, experienced and fun DJ and photo booth company.
    Traci B. Married on 12/05/2020

Working with Josh was a great experience!

Josh, the owner of Kalifornia Entertainment, made sure he understood everything we wanted our wedding to be and he put all of the important details down that we were looking for to ensure it was the best day ever. He constantly kept in touch with us through out the planning phases and he helped us above and beyond plan out the perfect micro wedding due to covid. The day of, he was incredible! He checked in with us throughout the wedding to make sure everything was going the way we wanted it to, he got us drinks when he saw we didnt have any in our hands, he worked perfectly with our coordinator and other vendors and he was super attentive to the music tastes of our guests. His photo booth was perfect for our small wedding and with it being completely touch free really made things easy. We interviewed a few different DJ companies but when we met Josh we knew instantly we had to have him for our wedding and booked him immediately. If you're searching for the best DJ in Rochester that can give you certain things that no one else can, you will find it with Kalifornia Entertainment.
    Heather L. Married on 11/13/2020

Covid Wedding Was A Success!

Where do I begin, we were originally scheduled for to have our wedding in June and we had to postpone due to Covid. Josh took care of our rescheduling with ease, and assured us that we could easily rebook to a later date with no extra fee's. We ended up settling on a Friday wedding in November. Josh was great to work with and he made planning stress free and easy. He went above and beyond in so many ways that he was my savings grace through all this craziness. The day of the wedding, he was even more incredible. He played all of our requested music and I must say, he's a rockstar of a DJ. Even though a lot of people didnt want to be close to others on the dance floor, Josh was so much fun and kept our friends entertained the entire night. His lighting transformed the venue and made it beautiful. His touch free photo booth was awesome and everyone got to take home tons of pics. Kalifornia Entertainment was actually referred to us by our venue and we are so happy we chose Josh because our day wouldn't have been such a success without him. Thank you for everything Josh!
    Karena B. Married on 09/26/2020

Successful Pandemic Wedding

Having to plan a wedding during a pandemic was awful, but Kalifornia Entertainment kept in touch throughout and was very accommodating when I had to push our date out twice. Josh not only kept in touch with me but also with our other vendors and the venue to help replan everything so many times. I would like to say that our wedding happened and was a success because of Josh! When our day finally came and happened, he made everything run so smoothly! From the moment we arrived until the last song, Josh was so personable and went out of his way to ensure all of our needs were met. We were able to relax and enjoy every bit of our special night. Our guests had such a great time. Highly recommend Josh and Kalifornia Entertainment for everything he does, how he goes out of his way to make sure it's an amazing wedding for brides, grooms and guests and because of all of the extra work he does behind the scenes to assure your day is nothing less than perfect.
    Kirsten A. Married on 09/18/2020

DJ, MC, Coordinator, all of the Above

My husband and I were married last week. Both of us had no clue where to start when it came to looking for a DJ. Thankfully our venue suggested someone and a few emails/phone calls later and we were in contact with Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment. He asked us such great questions, regarding what we were looking for so he could provide us with exactly what we wanted. Josh gave fantastic suggestions for songs when we were stumped during the planning and really helped us along the way but the most impressive part of what Josh did was when we had to reschedule our wedding due to Covid-19. Josh was a complete life saver for us and not only coordinated with our venue and other vendors but he really gave us some great ideas for having a smaller scaled down reception. Once the day finally came, Josh wasn’t fantastic, he was beyond fantastic. He was the best possible DJ we could have hired. He took what we talked about with him about and did better than we could have ever imagined. Josh even went beyond the job of a DJ. During dinner he helped to usher tables and spent time talking with our guests. Never did our reception dance feel like every other wedding, and guests who don’t typically dance got out on the dance floor, including my husband who swore he might dance for one or two songs. He ended up dancing the night away. Many of our guests kept saying how amazing Josh was not just as a DJ but as person who genuinely cares about everyone who is there. We couldn’t have asked for a better DJ and we will recommend Kalifornia Entertainment to anyone getting married.
    Megan M. Married on 09/05/2020

Best Wedding Reception Ever!

I cannot say enough about how awesome the music at our wedding was! Josh truly knows how to keep the party going and made sure our guests had a blast! After meeting with a bunch of different DJs, my husband and I were worried we were not going to find one that we truly were happy with 100%. We didnt want to settle for someone who was 70, 80, 90 or even 99% of what we were looking for. But Josh nailed it and hit 100% of what we were looking for exactly and he definitely brought the party and rhythm! Josh also worked with us during the ceremony and cocktail hour where we had a solo saxophonist play along with the DJ for an intimate live music feel. It was such a hit! We also got his photo booth through which everyone loved. Our guests have said over and over that our wedding was the most fun wedding they had ever been to. Money well spent!! If you're looking for someone who just gets it and will deliver on EVERYTHING you want for your wedding, you dont want to pass up meeting with and hiring Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment!!!
    Kate S. Married on 08/07/2020

Incredible DJ and Party Planner!

Where do I even begin? Josh was my savings grace. We originally planned to get married in the Spring but covid19 made us switch our date. Josh helped us so much and put my mind at east. He kept in constant contact with me, my husband, my venue and my photographer. We had to take our guest list down to 50 people but he still gave us an amazing wedding reception. He kept our guests entertained, created really fun table games and was able to do so much that our guests loved and still stay within state guidelines. If you're looking for an amazing DJ, I'm telling you right now that Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment is your guy, especially during the strange times we're living in now and having to change weddings drastically. Whether you are having a big wedding or a micro wedding with only 50 people, Josh can still give you everything you want plus more. Thank you Josh for everything and we can't wait to book you for our one year anniversary party!
    Ciara S. Married on 01/25/2020

One Word - WOW!

Our experience with Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment was very positive and he was my favorite vendor we hired for our wedding! We started by meeting with him to get a feel for what we were wanting from our big day and see what he could do to help us achieve that. We hired him on the spot without even thinking twice and we even had appointments set up with other DJs in the area. We are so happy we went with Josh because we received so many compliments on him and had an amazing time! At the end of the night everyone was sad to see it end which I believe speaks volumes on Josh's performance as a DJ. He helped take a lot of stress off from us as he worked behind the scenes on a lot of things for us. He took extra time to make our venue look beautiful with uplighting, an animated monogram on the wall and beautiful floral lighting that covered our entire ceiling. Our guests loved using his photo booth. His photo booth props are some of the best I have ever seen at a wedding which made using the photo booth even more fun. We were more than satisfied with our experience with Kalifornia Entertainment and I would highly recommend this business to anyone else looking for an incredible DJ for their wedding as well!
    Andrea A. Married on 01/17/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Josh was one of the best parts of our wedding. He went above and beyond what was asked of him. He went around and spoke with our guests and treated them all like family. When my timeline went a little array, he assured me we could be flexible and that there was plenty of time for everything we wanted to fit in. He followed our timeline and music requests to the T. If someone at the venue wanted to play a song that was not keeping in our He was very kind and respectful the entire night! I could not have asked for a better DJ. He was wonderful and even our venue coordinator said he was the best DJ she has ever worked with.
    Catherine D. Married on 01/10/2020

Highly Recommended

Josh was recommended by our venue, wedding planner and photographer. We chose his top package that included reception music, ceremony music, full room uplighting, and his photo and video booth! He did a phenominal job and we received positive compliments from all of our guests on him and his music. When we were planning things, he was easy to talk to, made us both feel very comfortable and helped us with a lot of things we were stuck on! Even though he came highly recommended by our venue, planner and photographer, we still compared a lot of DJ's so if you are currently doing looking for your entertainment...just go with Josh and dont waste your time with other DJs like we did. Josh is a great value for his personality, his experience, his planning, his customer service, his packages he offers and most of all, his talent!
    Ashley T. Married on 11/09/2019

Best choice you could make!

A DJ could either make or break your wedding. Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment definitely MADE my wedding day! I can’t say enough good things about him and this company! So professional and knows exactly what to do and how to do it! So very easy to work with too. Josh seriously put my worries to ease about everything. He gave great advice I needed, had every song correct down to the second for the whole night and was so friendly and professional! His communication is incredible and he talked with me almost daily on Facebook. He even gave me tons of ideas that I never even though of to make the reception way more unique and fun. His lighting transformed the venue and made everything beautiful. His photo and video booth was so much fun and our guests loved taking home prints from it. Josh is on a whole other level compared to other DJs and it's simple and quick to see why he has been labeled as the best in the business. Thank you, thank you, thank you! I would recommend Kalifornia Entertainment to anyone!
    Mackenzie M. Married on 10/11/2019

DJ Extraordinaire!

Josh was so awesome! Every time we talked on the phone or online, Josh was incredibly sweet, helpful, and down to earth. We actually booked Josh after terrible customer service/experience with another big local DJ company and dealing with Josh was like night and day compared to the company we were talking to before. On top of that, Josh played the best songs and was flexible when we had certain requests that was nowhere on the standard playlist. The guests danced ALL NIGHT and we had the best time. Another thing that made everything awesome was Josh didnt charge us for uplighting or a monogram which the other company wanted to charge for. I can't say enough how awesome it was to work with Josh and will recommend him to everyone I know looking for a DJ.
    Shelly W. Married on 09/15/2019

Great DJ and Photobooth!

We hired Josh at Kalifornia Entertainment for our Fall themed wedding. He was extremely professional from the beginning, making sure to respond within minutes when we had questions. His planning is impeccable and he makes sure everything down to the finest details are perfect. For the photo booth, I was so impressed with his willingness to customize the photo booth prints for the photos that fit with our style. I loved how it turned out! At the wedding, the photo booth was a huge hit and everyone loved the setup.

On the DJ side of things, he was incredible! He mixed music in a way I have never heard before and it was amazing. Many of our guests said they have never heard a DJ mix music so perfectly like Josh. He more than delivered at the wedding. He was super cool, funny, and played the perfect mix of music during cocktail hour, dinner and during the night. Our guests never once ever left the dance floor. His energy and positivity all night was so impressive!! Thank you Josh for giving us the wedding we dreamed of!
    Angie P. Married on 08/23/2019

Wonderful Experience!

Josh was a dream to work with and we would highly recommend Kalifornia Entertainment for your wedding DJ, lighting and photo booth. Our guests would not stop raving about how much they loved Josh himself and the music. From the beginning, Josh was so responsive via email, Facebook and texting and spent a lot of time getting to know what type of music we preferred. We held a call with him before the wedding and he was engaged and thoughtful and proved to us that he had the correct understanding of our wants and tastes. His photo and video booth was a huge guest favorite at the wedding too and everyone loved using it. We researched high and low for all of our vendors and spent a great deal of time doing our homework on many DJ's. We researched the big companies, the small companies and everything in between. It was important that we had vendors who were organized and responsive and just had a great interest in the success of the wedding. Many of the DJs we talked to and researched felt like salesmen who were feeding us lines of BS just to get our money. Josh is nothing like that and even offered to give us time to think things over before signing with him. There was no pressure what so ever from him. We knew instantly that he was the one after our first meeting and we are very happy we decided to have him as our DJ. We would definitely recommend him to anyone we know getting married. Thank you Josh!
    Heather F. Married on 08/03/2019

He's the best!

We recently had the pleasure of working with Josh from Kalifornia Entertainment at our wedding and can't say enough good things about his service. He was professional and answered every single question we had and then he customized our wedding reception to be the perfect mix for all of our guests. He made the entire evening so much fun and truly memorable for all who attended. Kalifornia Entertainment was also incredibly easy to work with from communication to booking to planning to lighting design to photo booth options and payment to the final days up to our event. We would definitely hire him again and will recommend him to everybody we know. Thanks Josh!
  • W
    Wendy I. Married on 07/13/2019

A perfect night!

Thanks to Kalifornia Entertainment, our wedding and reception were an absolute blast! Josh made the whole process so easy and seamless from our first meet and greet to the very last moments of our reception. Not only is Josh an exceptional DJ, but he is just a really genuine person — it is easy to see he really cares about his clients. During our first meet and greet, Josh took the time to get to know me and my husband on a personal level — how we met, our hobbies, what we envisioned for our day, etc. It made our future meetings and conversations feel more like catching up with old friends than business transactions. Josh was super organized, timely and always looking 5 steps ahead to make sure our big day was flawless. Josh also helped us with a sound system for our wedding ceremony and beautiful up lighting and monogram lighting for the reception. We have received so many compliments from our guests: “Your DJ knows how to throw a party!” and “I have never seen a dance floor so packed…all night!” and “My feet are so sore from dancing!” We cannot recommend Kalifornia Entertainment enough! Thank you for a most perfect and unforgettable day, Josh!
    Shannon F. Married on 06/29/2019

5 star DJ that everyone needs!

Josh was an amazing DJ for our wedding! From the very beginning of planning our big day, Josh was always there to give advice. From timelines for dinner, cake, flower toss, dancing/etc, to other stuff like ceremony songs. He was very helpful! We didn't have a wedding coordinator for the day of, which scared me, but Josh assured us that he will help direct & keep us on track for our timeline, which he did & was great at. He has an amazing warm personality and takes a lot of time to get to know his customers. Hes wonderful at throwing in fun things throughout the night to keep the event upbeat as well. Josh is incredible on the dance floor and probably one of the best dancers I have ever seen in my life. If you're looking for the best, hire the best and the best is Kalifornia Entertainment.
    Rebecca L. Married on 06/22/2019

You have to book him!

My wedding was perfect all thanks to Josh! He met my husband and I numerous times before the wedding and answered my many random texts and Facebook messages with weird wedding questions!! He was so eager to help me in anyway he could. Josh is way more than a DJ. He helped me create a timeline for the wedding day, he found me the perfect photographer and make up artist in a short notice, and he was a huge help before the ceremony when there were a couple of hiccups with my wedding party. The blue up lighting made my reception magical. I received so many compliments on our personalized monogram along with the music, up lighting, and photo booth! I can not thank Josh enough for all the hard work and effort he put into my wedding. I can’t recommend him and his company enough to anyone looking for an incredible DJ!