Kakes by Katie Reviews

Kakes by Katie 6
Kakes by Katie 7
  • Cherity

Cherity · Getting married on 09/28/2019

Katie was recommended to me from a friend who is also a wedding planner. I went and had my tasting and it was some of the best cake I had ever tasted... my sister had a massive wedding and a very expensive cake and it was nowhere as good as the one Katie made for my wedding. She was able to create exactly what I was envisioning, and what I found on Pinterest haha... The cake was moist, the filling was delicious and she is just the sweetest thing! I loved it sooooo much that I reordered the top tier of the cake for our 1 year anniversary!

Linda · Married on 12/15/2018

White Chocolate Cake with Raspberry filling is awesome

A themed wedding can be hard to execute and pinterest can make you feel inadequate when you can't have what you're looking for (that isn't over budget). Katie was able to provide exactly what my daughter in law asked for, delivered within our budget AND WAS FABULOUS!! The cake was delicious, moist and beautifully decorated. Every guest commented on the taste and texture, and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend Katie. She'll even make you sample cupcakes so you can taste test!!

Toyya · Married on 09/22/2018

Delish!!! We ate cupcakes for days it was sooo good and Katie was very responsive and friendly. I would def refer her!

Beth · Married on 07/01/2018

Katie provided a beautiful and delicious cake for my daughters wedding. All the way from the cake tasting appointment through the wedding, Katie provided great customer service and an amazingly delicious cake!! I called Katie about a week before the wedding because I was nervous about the size of the cake. She was so accommodating and agreed to add another layer to the cake to ease this nervous Mother's mind! (And I have to say, there was not any cake left!!) I highly recommend Kakes by Katie for any special occasion cake you may need.

Kakes by Katie 8

Betty · Married on 04/22/2018

We were thrilled with the wedding cake that Katie made for our daughter’s wedding. It was exactly to the bride and grooms specificationsand just ike the photos she had shown us. The cake tasted delicious and all the guests were raving about it. A big thumbs up and THANK YOU, Katie!!

Caroline · Married on 04/13/2018

Our wedding cake was to die for! It looked and tasted AMAZING! Our guests are still raving about how wonderful the cake was! You truly will NOT be disappointed if you book Kakes by Katie. The cake was everything we hoped for and more!

• ET

Beth · Married on 03/29/2018

We met Katie at our venue's catering/tasting event, where we sampled some delicious mini white chocolate cupcakes. We planned on ordering our wedding cake through Publix, but when we tasted those little cupcakes, we decided to do a little research and schedule a tasting with for the following month. The tasting was so fun and laid back, and the tasting portions were absolutely huge! We got to try nine different flavor combos, all of which were delicious, to the point that we had a hard time settling on just two combinations for our small cake. In the end we went with one tier of almond cake with amaretto cream filling, and a second tier of lemon cake with blackberry mousse. Both were delicious, and the cake itself was beautiful, a perfect reflection of our original cake inspo picture. We ordered the minimum required fifty servings of cake, though our guest count wound up being lower, and were glad to have so much extra cake on hand when everyone started requesting second helpings! By the end of the night, it was all gone, and my husband and I were happy to have some generous pieces packed away to eat on our honeymoon the following day! Thanks Katie for a gorgeous and delicious wedding cake!

Kakes by Katie 9

Karina · Married on 12/16/2017

Our wedding cake looked and tasted amazing. We received so much feedback from guests about how wonderful the cake was and nothing went to waste . It was a beautiful triple level cake with three different flavor and filling combinations. Katie was also very receptive to all our requests .

Kakes by Katie 10
    Kakes by Katie 11

Kelsie · Married on 12/09/2017

After the wedding, we called Katie "an angel in the night" because she literally swooped in, made the cake with perfection, and left without a sound. She was great, communication was great, and execution was great! She made the before process easy and all her cake flavors were delicious it made it hard to choose. We asked for a plain white cake with rainbow inside and that's exactly what we got. Loved it!!

Sent on 12/16/2017
    Kakes by Katie 12

Kakes by Katie's reply:

Awww, thanks so much for your kind review. I’m so happy y’all enjoyed your cake!! I had a great time working with you both!!

Amanda · Married on 11/17/2017

Katie made the most delicious cake I've ever tasted. Everyone from our wedding raved about how good it tasted and looked. She did exactly what we wanted for the decoration and made it absolutely beautiful!

Robin · Married on 09/16/2017

Kakes by Katie made our wedding cake for our “Notebook Themed” wedding at the Winterbourne Inn. Our cake was so perfect and absolutely delicious. It was a huge hit! Katie was so professional and easy to work with. We met with her for a tasting which was fantastic. Funny story, neither my husband nor I are big cake eaters so we weren’t really excited about this part of our wedding, but we went to the tasting, trying to keep a positive attitude. When Katie brought out many different samples, we took the first bite, we looked at each other and were blow away. This was cake? It was absolutely delicious. Better than any cake we had ever had. We tried to contain ourselves during the tasting but I know we looked like vultures going through all the samples. We booked her immediately. We did a three tier cake with Traditional Vanilla, Champagne Strawberry filling, and Key Lime. She also provide incredible cupcakes as part of our desserts. Everyone loved all she made. She was prompt to respond during the process and delivered on time. We would HIGHLY recommend Kakes by Katie for your wedding or any event.

Sent on 10/02/2017
    Kakes by Katie 13
    Kakes by Katie 14

Kakes by Katie's reply:

Thanks so much!! I’m so happy you and your guests enjoyed the cake. I loved working with you guys and like turning “not big cake eaters” into cake lovers! Lol
    The venue was beautiful and your decorations was on point!!

Maureen · Married on 07/01/2017

Katie is very accommodating and a very busy Baker! I was going to use Publix for my Wedding Cake but they wouldn't do anything but Chocolate or Vanilla on the cake itself and I wanted Champagne for my cake. I called Kakes by Katie and told her I wanted a Champagne cake with Strawberry Glaze filling and Vanilla Buttercream icing and that I had my own "Topper" and that I also wanted fresh strawberries cut like Roses and placed around the cake as garnishment and she said "No Problem"!

Rachel · Married on 05/06/2017

Katie's cakes are delicious! Lemon with blackberry filling was to die for, as was the strawberry cream cheese and chocolate. The cake was beautiful, delicious and Katie was very accommodating and easy to work with!

Nicole · Married on 04/23/2017

Katie is amazing and I am so pleased we decided on her cake services for our wedding. Our guests are still talking about great our wedding cake was. She offered so many options during our tasting and it was so hard to narrow the flavors down! She's very professional and her pricing is unbeatable! Thank you again Katie!

Laine · Married on 03/11/2017

The cake was gorgeous and tasted amazing! Most cakes dry out after a couple of days, but a week later and it was still very moist. Her flavors are also different than basic cake shops so you can personalize it!

Kathryn · Married on 12/29/2016

My daughter's cake for her wedding was so beautiful and delicious! We had tons of compliments, especially the quality of the icing! My only thing was, and not sure why, because I never actually saw her, but she didn't use our cake stand or her wedding topper! But we didn't realize it until it was all over, and it looked and tasted delicious regardless!

• Scribner Wedding

Gabby · Married on 12/16/2016

Katie is an amazing baker. I booked her for the grooms cake and I can't wait to see the look on my Fiancé's face. Her flavors are so delicious, I couldn't stop eating the samples she gave me. I'm super picky about icings, but hers was spot on. Her prices are really great too!

Shelley · Married on 12/10/2016

Katie made the most delicious white chocolate cake with raspberry filling for my parents' 50th anniversary! I simply sent her a photo of my vision for the cake and she made it happen! It was exquisite!

Sent on 12/14/2016

Kakes by Katie's reply:

Thanks Shelly! So happy you and your parents enjoyed the cake!!
  • F

Francesca · Married on 10/23/2016

Our cake was gorgeous AND delicious!! We scheduled a tasting a few months before our wedding, and Katie brought out a plate full of cupcakes, all different flavors!! They were all delicious, but we ended up choosing the first one!! Our cake was coconut with coconut cream filling. YUM!!! Katie also drove our cake from her location in Jacksonville all the way to our destination at Fort Clinch State Park on Amelia Island!!

Brent · Married on 06/18/2016

By far the best cake I have ever tried. You definitely want be disappointed choosing Kakes by Katie. She was hands down by far the best she is so flexible with the flavors does not have to be 1 flavor. Very professional, you can truly tell she loves her job.

Lynette · Married on 04/23/2016

Katie's cakes are SO GOOD! She was our first cake tasting - and our last. Her icing is incredible and the flavors were out of this world. We were able to have a four tiered cake with four different flavors. Our favorite was the white chocolate cake. Our quests were amazed by how wonderful the cake was (a few of the guests were looking her up while they were eating their slices). The cake itself was very moist and matched the icing perfectly. We decided to have a cake made for the rehearsal dinner and it was a chocolate cake with chocolate covered strawberries. The strawberries themselves were tremendous and the cake was out of this world! We decided to take the top layer with us on our honeymoon and it was VERY good. Thank you Katie for an amazing cake! We will see each other again for birthday cakes!

Amber · Married on 11/15/2015

I had my mind set on who was going to do our wedding cake from day one of meeting Katie. I changed my mind several times regarding the design throughout the process and she was always happy to accommodate me and give great suggestions. She responded quickly to any questions I had and was always so professional. Our cake turned out absolutely beautiful and we received so many compliments on how good the cake was! She is absolutely amazing at what she does!

For my wedding reception, my Fiance and I wanted a baker that would provide delicious cakes for our wedding. There were only few wedding items that my fiance wanted to have a decision in and the cakes was one of them. When we had our consultation with Katie, my fiance loved her numerous cake flavor and had a hard, but fun time choosing the flavors for our wedding cupcakes. I also loved the various cake designs she also had for our two-tier cake. As an out-of-State bride, Katie was prompt to in responding to my emails and the cake and cupcakes were amazing for our wedding day. Our guest loved the cupcakes and we would recommend Kakes by Katies for any wedding.

Mindy · Married on 10/03/2015

Katie is AMAZING! My daughter's wedding cake was beautiful and delicious. It was just perfect!. Thank you Katie!

Mindy

absolutely amazing! So fun and easy to work with! My guest could NOT stop bragging about how GOOD the cake was and how fun the grooms cake was. I was told guest had multiple pieces.

Sent on 12/29/2015

Kakes by Katie's reply:

So glad you and your guests enjoyed the cakes!! Thanks so much for taking the time to let me know!!