K.L.W. Design Co. Reviews

52 | Waterford, CT

52 Reviews for K.L.W. Design Co.

K.L.W. Design Co. 1
K.L.W. Design Co. 2
K.L.W. Design Co. 3
K.L.W. Design Co. 4
K.L.W. Design Co. 5
K.L.W. Design Co. 6
K.L.W. Design Co. 7

Katie Short · Married on 10/20/2018

Get creative and have fun planning your wedding with KLW

Katey and Leigh are so incredibly talented. It's amazing how they are able to help transform your wedding to be uniquely "you". No wedding is the same, no cookie cutter styles, KLW right away focuses on getting to know you so you can have your own wedding look - and honestly that's how it should be. KLW is so professional and creative, you know right away that you're in good hands and best of all they are really fun to work with ! Yes, they make planning your wedding fun .. shocking, I know. KLW put together such a thoughtful and beautiful proposal for my wedding. I would daydream about the big day. I was just so excited to see what KLW would do, and sure enough everything was absolutely perfect. To see it all come together on the Big Day was truly amazing. I love everything about KLW and their work. You're going to have a lot of fun!

ariel · Married on 10/06/2018

Stunning Florals

WOW - I don't even know where to begin. The KLW team truly transformed our venue into the wedding of our dreams. The flowers were perfect, the ribbon for the bridesmaids was out of this world and they did not miss a single detail we discussed.

This team executed my vision even when sometimes I couldn't explain what I wanted but somehow they still understood. 10 out of 10.

• Ariel

Ariel Connarton · Married on 08/25/2018

The best of the best

If you're looking for flower/detail magic, you've come to the right place. Katey & Leigh are not only inspo wizards, they are truly the sweetest, most genuine people to work with. They always responded to me in a timely manor and they made everything I envisioned come to life, and then some. I cannot thank them enough for being the absolute BEST! Don't bother looking anywhere else, this is who you should choose! HANDS DOWN.

Christine Colella · Married on 07/07/2018

Superb floral design!

KLW Design was a dream to work with! So professional, so responsive, and really made my vision come to life...They will work with you every step of the way from an initial mood board to the final arrangements...their attention to detail is unmatched!

Lindsay · Married on 06/23/2018

I cannot say enough good things about K.L.W. Design Co.
    From the exquisite centerpieces to the bouquet and flower grown, I cannot imagine my wedding without them. My husband and I had a beautiful surprise during our wedding planning - we were expecting! - and K.L.W. worked with us to secure a new date so we wouldn’t be without flowers.

I feel truly lucky to have worked with this group and would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat.

Kelley · Married on 06/22/2018

I could not have been happier with the work this amazing team did. They are not just a floral/design team, but true artists. I mostly worked with Katey who was sweet, helpful, responsive, and flexible. When we went to find a florists, KLW was hands down my first choice because of the gorgeous work I saw from them. However, I was hesitant because (rightfully so), this gorgeous work comes at a price. Nevertheless, we were able to customize what we had them do and ultimately, everything was very reasonable - especially given the exquisite quality. If you're looking for natural beauty and two amazing women to work with for your wedding, look no further!

K.L.W. Design Co. 8

Nicole · Married on 06/01/2018

I don't know where to begin, I cannot say enough great things about KLW! My sister found them on the preferred list for Saltwater, and I knew from viewing their website and our initial contact that it was the perfect fit. Katey and Leigh truly made my vision come to life; they are INSANELY creative and exude the most positive, down to earth vibes. They were attentive to detail, budget, and ensuring our wedding was so unique to us. I enjoyed all contact with them prior to the big day, and they were so encouraging and helpful the day of with some last minute changes due to weather. I recommend KLW to anyone and everyone; our guests are still talking about their amazing work! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Annie · Married on 05/27/2018

Katey and Lee were just absolutely wonderful to work with. They went above and beyond to fulfill my vision. They are both so down to earth and some totally rad ladies I am blessed to call my friends!

Sarah · Married on 10/21/2017

Katey & Leigh were incredibly sweet. I emailed with them, talked on the phone with Leigh, and sent them pictures of the type of floral crown I was looking for and they made it perfectly. They were also very accommodating when I had to reschedule the date I needed the crown due to weather. Next time I need any décor or floral pieces, I will be using K.L.W. Design Co.!

Andrew · Married on 09/09/2017

KLW Design Co. is not only one of the most professional designers, but also some of the most talented and kind people you will ever meet.

We hired KLW to do the floral arrangements and decor for our wedding at a private residence, and to say that we were beyond happy would be quite the understatement. Not only was the process leading up to the event both simple, and stress free, but they were one of the only things we did not have to worry about the day of our wedding.

The arrangements and decor were stunning and wonderful, and they did an amazing job transforming a simple patio with a tent into a whole other world. All of our guests were just as enamored with the space as we were. Anyone can hire a local florist and get the same thing: Pick arrangement X, Y, Z; insert flowers A, B, C based on color choices. KLW not only curates every piece of decor and each individual flower, but it is done in a way where it feels special and unique to your wedding, not this color by numbers way of doing it most local businesses use. The result is absolutely breathtaking

The fact is, I could go on and on with praise, but I think it comes down to the fact that it is sad to say that in most cases when you hire a company to do work for a wedding you end up holding their hand through the process; with KLW we had a sit down meeting about what we wanted, and our mood board presented to us perfectly captured the feel and look we were going for. From that point on, we didn't have to do anything. They took all of the stress, and work out of our hands, and that is something you cannot put a price on, especially with the all the stress the big day brings.

I can say without hesitation that KLW was the best money we spent on our wedding. Impeccable work, extremely talented and professional, and genuinely sweet people that made our day so very special.

K.L.W. Design Co. 9
    K.L.W. Design Co. 10
    K.L.W. Design Co. 11
    K.L.W. Design Co. 12
    K.L.W. Design Co. 13

Jennifer · Married on 08/26/2017

If you are looking for a floral design company that is highly creative, has a keen design sense (beyond just florals), goes above and beyond, and has the sweetest team, then book K.L.W Design Co. We came across K.L.W's work for a wedding that had taken place at our venue and we instantly fell in love with how they transformed Handsome Hollow's already beautiful barn into a romantic setting. We had connected with so many florists and even toyed with the idea of doing our own florals but Leigh and Katey were so amazing - from the first call to their follow up proposal - we knew we had to work with them. We were instantly impressed with how organized they were, their understanding of our inspiration and vision, and we greatly appreciated their willingness to work with our budget. Despite our somewhat minimal budget, Leigh and Katey managed to create the most wonderful woodsy whimsy tablescapes for us which featured a moss and fern runner and bud vases with the most gorgeous colored flowers as well as beautiful arrangements for our arbor and seating chart. KLW also has amazing rentals including table card holders, votives, and an awesome bar sign - all of which we used. As a bride, the process of finalizing florals was one that gave me some anxiety because it's the only thing you can't fully experience until the day of, but Katey and Leigh made themselves available to talk things through with and to share their ideas or hear mine out and I really appreciated that. Leigh & Katey, we can't thank you enough for your patience throughout our year long conversation and for taking our vision and inspiration and creating something more beautiful than what we even hoped for. We are truly so grateful and would give you the highest recommendation possible.

K.L.W. Design Co. 14
    K.L.W. Design Co. 15
    K.L.W. Design Co. 16
    K.L.W. Design Co. 17

Stephanie · Married on 07/29/2017

I don't even know where to begin in describing how amazing it was to have K.L.W Design Co. on our vendor team for our wedding day. Not only do they offer a beautiful variety of floral design but their decor and rentals are absolutely timeless and stunning. K.L.W did all of our florals & they were extremely flexible & understanding with their time, patience, and effort in making my vision become reality. We also rented items and they made our ceremony & reception look like an absolute dream. I highly recommend K.L.W to any bride & groom, I promise you will not be disappointed!

Kelly · Married on 07/07/2017

Working with Leigh and Katey was a dream come true. From the very beginning, they listened to exactly what I wanted, gave their advice/recommendations about what they thought would look good, and were always readily available to answer questions. On the day of my wedding, I was overcome with emotion when I walked into my venue to see that my vision had come to life, thanks to KLW Design Co. My bouquet (which had a lot of meaning to it) came out better than I could have ever imagined, as well as all the other bridesmaids' bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages. KLW Design Co. made wedding planning that much easier and I knew I was leaving my flower arrangements in good hands. I would recommend KLW Design Co. to anyone and EVERYONE that is looking for a florist. Thank you so much for making my special day that much better!

Katy · Married on 07/02/2017

I loved everything about my experience with K.L.W. Design! I had a non-traditional, indoor venue that I wanted to bring the "outside in to" and really needed someone who would be able to appreciate and understand how to work the venue and my vision. K.L.W. Design completely understood my slightly ambiguous direction and offered their professional insight in how to make the space, literally, magical. They helped really personalize the space and created a mood and a beautiful tableau that suited my style and the venue perfectly through their floral decor and use of candles, etc. Additionally, the bouquets were beautiful and classy without being fussy, which is exactly what I wanted. I got SO many compliments on everything!! Additionally, I found Katey and Lee to be a true pleasure to work with - which was a top priority of mine when looking for vendors - most of the time for your wedding is spent planning it so spending that time with people who are friendly, responsive, professional and happy is a true joy. I would highly recommend K.L.W. Design!!

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2017

From the moment my mom and I met Katey and Leigh we were drawn to them and their beautiful work! Growing up among many ladies who have a strong love for gardening, flowers were something that were extremely important to me. Leigh completely took our vision and exceeded my expectations in the flower arrangements and bouquets. Every single arrangement looked flawlessly and perfectly positioned throughout the venue and ceremony space.

Katey was such a delight to work with. Her creativity and willingness to make suggestions for decor based on our vision truly made the process seamless. All of the details from the ceremony backdrop to the display of our family wedding photos, to the placement of the driftwood table numbers, to the bistro lighting... were absolutely perfect! I cannot express enough thanks to Katey and Leigh for making our dream wedding come to life. Every single penny we spent was worth it and we are forever grateful. Love this mother and daughter team :)

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

I don't even know where to begin. Katey and Leigh are a dynamic duo bursting with creativity, warmth and true passion for their craft. Working with them from the very start was so easy-- every time we sat down to chat it felt like I was talking to old friends. They balance each other and truly collaborate to make the perfect team.

Now onto my wedding: when those bouquets walked through the door as my girls and I were getting ready we were all speechless. They were absolute perfection-- Katey and Leigh took every detail I asked for and gave me the most beautiful unique bouquets that I couldn't stop staring at all day. They are true artists.

Now the reception. They took a plain white tent and turned it into something magical. I walked into the tent on my wedding day and again, was speechless. They exceeded my every expectation and curated something out of a dream. Beautiful flawless work, and NO ONE could stop talking about it. I still have people tell me how amazing the flowers and styling were. I rented a few of their antique pieces are they are just simply stunning. These women have an eye for style and they are so dang creative with how to use each piece. Every piece styled to perfection.

If you can snag these two gems, expect to have the most beautiful wedding you could ever imagine. Also, get ready to enjoy the ride because these two are truly special and the sweetest ever. I'm so thankful to have had Katey and Leigh such a big part of my wedding-- because of them it's a day I'll never forget!!!!!

Sarah · Married on 06/03/2017

From the moment we met Katey and Leigh, we knew we were going to hire them. Not only are they extremely professional, they are excited and passionate about what they do! We always felt like our vision would come to life by them, and they more than worked their magic! And it was magic! I can't even count how many of our guests came up to us and told us it was the most beautiful wedding they ever went to (including our photographers!) and that was thanks to them!! Once you meet Katey and Leigh you will cancel all your other florist meetings, go with them and you will have the most beautiful day! Thank you guys so much!

Angela · Married on 05/28/2017

Working with Katey and Leigh was a dream, they are both very talented.

Leigh's flowers were stunning, she understood exactly what my vision was and was able to put me into a bouquet. The touches of flower decor around the wedding were tastefully done.

Katey was extremely responsive to my emails and ideas. She was great at coming up with design concepts that fit our wedding concept as well as our personal love story.

They were able to do both wedding flowers and decor for our wedding within our budget and I truly felt like we were getting a lot for our money. I am SO glad I didn't try to too many DYI projects. Katey and Leigh made the process very stress free which is always appreciated when planning a wedding.

These two are a great team <3

meghan · Married on 05/06/2017

Wow, where do I even begin?! When my wife and I were planning our big day, we wanted the vibe to be boho-chic with some southwest flair, so obviously the flowers and decor had to be similar. My wife found Katey and Leigh at the Connecticut Wedding Expo in January of 2016 and she immediately had amazing things to say about them right away since I wasn't originally there. When we looked at their website and photos it was clear that K.L.W was by far the perfect fit for our wedding. From the very start they were both extremely responsive and were also kind enough to drive out to us even though they live over 2 hours away (they did this on multiple occasions!) We had some ideas about what we wanted and they took those ideas and formed them into something better than we both could have imagined. They listened to our ideas but also provided significant input that we almost always ended up going with! From the amazing decor, flowers, head bands, arm bands, center pieces, welcome sign, and more, it was just PERFECT! We have received nonstop comments about how amazing everything looked. K.L.W. made us feel like we were the only wedding they were doing! They put their focus 100% into our big day and that lasted all the way till the final song of the night. I barely saw them working the day of the wedding as they worked seamlessly to do their job.....not to mention they also cleaned up their materials faster than a speeding bullet!

We cannot say enough amazing things about K.L.W. As someone who is in the wedding industry, I have always appreciated their communication, responsiveness, work ethic, and passion. On top of all that both Katey and Leigh are incredibly genuine people who made us feel like we have known them for years. We would and will recommend them to everyone we know for years to come!! This experience could not have been any better from us from the very beginning. Thank you so much!!!! You're the best!!

Genna · Married on 11/12/2016

K.L.W. Design epitomizes professionalism, creativity and good ole’ fashioned customer service. I found this this mother/daughter duo while searching for rustic rental props online. Not only does K.L.W. Design do rentals, but they also specialize in floral and design services. A rare find! A culmination of all the things I needed under one roof; so I contacted Katey.

In full candor, my trust is not easily won over. To spare you details, I put Katey and Leigh through the ringer after one in-person meeting. In another words, I drove them nuts before I agreed to sign on the dotted line. I still have no idea why they decided to work with me! Nonetheless, Katey and Leigh listened intently to every idea I had. Katey and I built a relationship where I trusted her entirely. Leigh is a floral genius who hit it out of the park. Katey’s eye is such a God-given gift I have no idea how I ever second guessed working with them. K.L.W. went ABOVE AND BEYOND with every element of my wedding.

Unlike myself, if you don't know what you want, call K.L.W. They will counsel a bride to help her find her vision and make her day uniquely her. Also, Katey doesn’t sleep. She answers emails and texts at all hours of the day/night. It proves she truly cares about every client and loves what she does. Leigh is simply a rockstar. Give her an idea then let her run free. Lastly, value. I quoted MANY vendors from ME to NY for floral, design and props. K.L.W. wasn’t just a pleasure to work with, but their prices are remarkable.

It’s only a matter of time before K.L.W. Design becomes one of the most sought after wedding vendors in New England. If you’re exploring K.L.W. for one or all of their services, don’t think. Give them a call; you will not be disappointed.

Rita · Married on 10/08/2016

We were so unbelievably happy with KLW Design's services. Katey was so accommodating and flexible with us. When we lost our venue 5 weeks before the big day, she was super easy going, came to see the new venue twice and totally reworked the plan to fit the new physical space. We couldn't have asked for anything more!

Kate · Married on 10/07/2016

Katey and Lee did an incredible job with our flowers, they were absolutely stunning! They were incredibly helpful in planning and were so accessible and responsive when we had questions. I honestly cannot recommend them highly enough!

Maura · Married on 10/01/2016

Working with KLW Design was one of the best decisions for our wedding. They were incredibly professional, responsive and flexible - they came up with great ideas and really listened to what we wanted our reception to look like. All of our guests commented on the beautiful design they put together and it was more than we could've asked for. I couldn't recommend their services more and only hope we can work with them again.

samantha · Married on 09/24/2016

What I can I say? Katey and Leigh are professional, kind and so creative. I had my wedding a month ago and truly they are so talented. Everyone at my wedding was talking about how unique and beautiful the flowers and decor were. Our seating chart was unbelievably unique and perfect. I strongly recommend them for your wedding. They executed the wedding day so beautifully and stress free. They also allowed all the dreams and ideas that my husband and I wanted to come to fruition. They are wonderful listeners and ask very good questions. They followed up with us and kept us on track with our spending budget. The best vendor I worked with the entire wedding. Their work speaks for themselves, but also meeting them and seeing how passionate and excited they are is the best part about them. They are great to talk to in times of stress, as well. I truly wish we lived closer, so we could hang out. I am sure i will visit them next time i come to CT. Thank you KLW for making it the most special and amazingly beautiful day. Everyone said it was the best wedding they have been to and I know thats partly due to K.L.W.

Amanda · Married on 09/17/2016

KLW Design Co is AMAZING!! The moment we met Katey and Leigh, we knew we had to work with them for our wedding. They are incredibly creative and thoughtful in their approach to designing the wedding of your dreams. Together, we brainstormed ideas, each one better than the last...working together was so easy and seriously so much fun. The day of our wedding, they exceeded our expectations in bringing our vision to life. Everything was absolutely stunning! From the ceremony decor, rentals, florals, escort cards and all of the details they put into our event, my husband and I were simply blown away. All of our guests raved about the decor and florals and how it felt very 'us' as a couple. We seriously could not be happier that we chose KLW Design Co and would choose them again and again....they are fabulous!