JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa Reviews

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa 5
JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa 6
JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa 7

Jamie · Married on 11/22/2015

I still can't believe what a deal we got on our wedding package! The grounds are gorgeous and impeccably kept, the hotel is so beautiful and the rooms were way beyond what you could ever have imagined for the price (walk-in closets, huge jacuzzi tubs, etc.). This was a destination wedding for us so we were planning from across the country. When I saw the venue, I knew it was the one but when Andrew went over the package with me, I couldn't believe what an incredible value it was. Our cake was included (as was our incredible room) and we added on the vendor package - all the vendors were amazing. Donna, our coordinator, was an absolute superstar the day of the event! And our banquet captain at the reception, Jeremy, seemed like he was everywhere at once! Just awesome! No one missed a beat the day of our wedding and it only helped to make it the most wonderful day of my life. I only gave 4.5 stars for responsiveness because sometimes it was hard to get a response from our team in advance of the wedding when they were busy. But now I can see why they are so busy. I want to go back and spend every anniversary at the JW Marriott!!

Sent on 12/08/2015

The staff at the JW Marriott is amazing they made our big day so special and stress free! I would recommend them in the future and use them again for any future events I may plan.

Sent on 06/19/2014
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 04/17/2012

We had our wedding a the Lodge on the Lawn at the JW on a perfect Tuesday night in April. We had around 50-60 people from all over the world come and it could not have been more perfect. Their vendor list helped us with florists, DJ, and lighting and all were great. The wedding planner Jennifer Reyes is heaven sent. I am flexible but she is on top of everything! The chef made sure I had a vegan option for everything as I am vegan adn a few freinds were vegetarian. Everythign tasted amazing and there was so much food and drink you couldn't have even contemplated hunger. The lawns were perfectly manicured. The kids had fun dancing and playing. Even my grandmother walked around easily with nothing too far away. The best part was the assistant to us the day of whene Jennifer had to leave, he did everythign from grab me a dish or a drink to tell someone to go to the smoking area away from teh other guests. I loved him! They even found out that I left my hanky on the bus when I couldn't find it on site by calling and asking around with my other vendors. Above and beyond. The only hiccup was they took forever to return the deposit which was several thousand. Thats a lot to freeze in someones account. Otherwise amazing!

Sent on 05/30/2012

Chelsea · Married on 03/07/2009

We had looked at having our Ceremony and Reception on the Strip somewhere, but after speaking with the JW Marriott Catering Department, we changed our mind in a heartbeat. Julie and Michael were amazing as we went from booking with them initially to finalizing small touches to our reception and our wedding cake decorations. Our guests were treated amazingly well during our event, and we felt like the stars of the show! Every bride and groom should take a hard look before booking with anyone else!! The JW Marriott went above and beyond our expectations! Thank you so much!

no worries,
    Chelsea Chytka

Sent on 03/18/2009

Courtney · Married on 04/14/2018

Working with Keri at the JW was a wonderful experience. Throughout the process, she went out of her way to respond to our many questions and accommodate all of our requests. We were planning our wedding in Las Vegas from the east coast and Keri and the JW made what seemed like a daunting task, conquerable and enjoyable. We consider ourselves lifetime JW customers because of our experience and our wedding guests couldn't stop raving about the property and our event. Thank you for all the time and effort Keri and the JW team put into our wedding-it shined through during our wedding weekend!

Sent on 05/01/2018

JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa's reply:

Thank you so much! You were a dream couple to work with and we were so fortunate to be a part of your special day.

Erica · Married on 03/31/2018

I worked with Donna at the JW Marriott Las Vegas and she was absolutely amazing. She always kept me very well informed and her response time was impeccable. On the day of the wedding, Donna was present which was a nice surprise and she gave me her cell phone number and I was able to call at anytime on the day of to ask any last minute questions. Her staff (banquet Captain Jeremy and DOC Angelica) were awesome as well. Every request was met with a smile and I never felt like I was intruding. I highly recommend the JW Marriott if you are looking for a Vegas wedding location.

Sent on 04/04/2018

Hi Erica,
    Thank you for your review. This means so much to my staff and I here at the JW Marriott Las Vegas. Captain-Jeremy and Day of Coordinator - Angelica with Green Orchid Events will be thrilled when I inform them. It was an absolute pleasure working with you on making Francesca & Levar's special day magical. It was an AMAZING Wedding! I look forward to possibly working with you again in the future, all the best!

CATHERINE · Married on 09/16/2017

Great team. Professional. Responsive. Easy going. Able to make last minute changes. Wonderful to work with. Would book another event there.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Dr. Geri · Married on 12/10/2016

My December 10th, 2016 wedding was perfection personified. Everything about this venue was superb. I had several venues in mind, but after meeting Keri Macanas and being shown around, I knew this would be the only setting I wanted. I am very organized, detail oriented, and finding someone "on the same" page as me would have been quite a challenge. I found the JW Marriott to be most accommodating. What impressed me the most was the myriad of details Keri had to keep up with, and she did it with an outstanding attitude and beautiful smile. She explained all the different packages and different (might I add GORGEOUS) suites, ballrooms, and grounds. Everything that evening was perfect. The food was delicious, staff-outstanding-as if poetry in motion. I knew this was the most wonderful decision (other than marrying my hubby..lol) I had made working with the JW Marriott. I need to stress to those reading this review that what made the evening so magical was the exemplary staff. All Banquet servers were fabulous. They could not have done enough for my guests--from children to grandparents. No request, large or small, was denied. They made sure every guest felt special and enjoyed their evening. It was as if the staff were were invited and "helping". I was so impressed with the level of customer service--the epitome of excellence. If you are "on the fence", I highly recommend the JW Marriott and their amazing staff. My guests remarked that this was the best wedding they ever attended. While I hired "Elvis" and he may have been the reason, I was thrilled and delighted with the entire evening. As I stated in the beginning of this post, "Perfection Personified"!!!
    Thank you Keri and the entire banquet staff--know how much your efforts and great service were appreciated.

Sent on 05/26/2017
  • christine

christine · Married on 09/21/2013

We loved our location for the ceremony and the reception. The whole property here is beautiful, and well taken care of. Our ceremony was in the evening of September and it was perfect because none of our guests had sun in their eyes. Our reception took place in an old nightclub and it had the best set up to throw the best party ever! They have a lit up bar and a large dancing area, even a DJ box! Ultimately, we loved how well JW Marriott took care of us. One minor thing occurred, we had a switching of our wedding coordinator 2 weeks prior to our wedding date, but it was an easy transition! Thank you Marriott!

Sent on 10/15/2013
  • Leilani

Leilani · Married on 08/02/2013

Gorgeous grounds, Great staff & Delicious Food!
    This is not your typical Las Vegas location for wedding. Which is exactly why we selected this location for our ceremony and reception.

Location - The grounds of the JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort are lush and gorgeous. Definitely makes for great wedding photos. It was also kept well and had relaxing feeling throughout. Plus you are near some great shopping areas for you and your guests to enjoy off property and you are not too far away from the strip if you need to get into the action.

Staff - The staff that assisted with all the preparation were informative, helpful, made suggestions and help you and guide you through the complex process of weddings. They do a great job at following up and make sure you have all that you need and all your questions are answered.

Accommodations - all our guests (including ourselves) that stayed at the JW Marriott were very pleased with their rooms. No matter whether they were facing the golf course or the pool or the tremendous botanical grounds there was not a bad view for anyone. Plus the rooms are spacious as well.

Food - I was not able to do a food tasting before the wedding, but we received so many compliments on how GREAT the food was and how everyone enjoyed. That is not something you always hear when you attend weddings. I was very happy with the selection and they also made special items for us to accommodate our needs.

Overall - this was the PERFECT location for us to have our ceremony and wedding. Especially since our wedding was VERY children heavy. It made for a great location for families and friends. Great family atmosphere and great things for the single going out people, because we were not too far away from the strip.

Sent on 08/21/2013

nichole · Married on 05/18/2012

My Husband and I chose JW Marriott as our venue for the ceremony & reception. We had many out of state guests and this was helpful to have everything in one location and have our guests able to stay in the hotel as well. We looked at many different venues all over Las Vegas and JW has the most beautiful grounds. All of our guests were blown away by how beautiful everything was. Jeni was our wedding coordinator and she is the absolute best! She answered all of my questions (I had a lot) in a timely manner and was happy to help. She put me at ease because I felt like I was in good hands. The wedding day was so smooth and organized. We didnt have to worry about a thing. I would recommend having a wedding or any major event here. The food was fantastic and we had many people say it was the best wedding food they ever had! The staff was so helpful the day of the wedding as well. They make you and your guests feel like royalty. We got married May 18th 2012.

Sent on 06/09/2012

Veronica · Married on 10/06/2007

We got married on the front lawn, it was very private and peaceful. The reception was in the Ceres restaurant which is a beautiful room, so we didn't have to do any decorations or dress it up. Even though this price didn't include the dress, the DJ, the flowers and so many other additional expenses it was so easy for us that it was worth the cost.

Sent on 10/02/2008

Nadine · Married on 06/17/2017

The grounds of the venue is beautiful. The service and the event team were excellent, especially our Catering Director. She was awesome, very attentive to every detail and made planning less stressful.

Sent on 07/03/2017

Madeleine · Married on 04/29/2017

The JW Marriott is a beautiful place to get married! Everybody we worked with was very responsive to questions my husband and I had and worked hard for our dream wedding to come true! It was beautiful! Would definitely recommend!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Riley · Married on 11/05/2016

3.5

Keri went over and above for our day. Matched up with Angelica, and the incredible staff that was included in our all inclusive package, we were blown away by the amount of detail.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Margaret · Married on 04/06/2014

The JW Marriott Resort and Spa in Las Vegas was the perfect place to host our wedding. Our wedding coordinator, Donna, was absolutely amazing and willing to deal with some of our last minute changes with ease. They made sure the day went very smoothly for us and were always there with a drink or a bite to eat for us and our wedding party. The venue was breathtaking and our guests had an amazing time. The food was to die for and worth the expense right there. Our guests said they had never had better food at a wedding. The only reason we docked any stars was because we did have to change wedding coordinators 3 times, sometimes causing confusion and frustration. But once we had Donna it was smooth sailing. It was on the more expensive side, but so much of the wedding "extras" were included in the package price and left us feeling stress free - so it was worth it.

Sent on 04/14/2014

Kristine Lock · Married on 04/16/2011

We had our ceremony at the JW Marriott Gazebo and reception in their Edge Lounge, which used to be a nightclub. Everything was beautiful! The Gazebo and outdoor setting was breathtaking, and the landscaping made for a picturesque event. The reception lounge was amazing as well, very different and unique from your typical ballroom. We had a minor hiccup with our catering manager, who was changed at the last minute, but the transition was smooth and our event turned out perfect! The resort is absolutely stunning and the service exceptional. We were treated like royalty during the reception and throughout our entire stay. The catering staff was impeccable!

Sent on 05/12/2011

Jamila · Married on 07/07/2007

3.5

Wonderful Staff!! Wedding coordinators were very helpful. There were so many choices for where on the property you chose to hold the ceremony. The location is beautiful and there is lots for guests to do! There is also a complimentary shuttle that takes guests back and forth to the Las Vegas strip. Rooms were gorgeous! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Sent on 01/06/2008

NORMA · Married on 06/11/2016

"I DO". THAT'S ALL I SAID. THEN THIS BIG WONDERFUL EXTRAVAGANZA BEGAN AT THE J W MARRIOTT. OUR WEDDING RECEPTION WAS BEAUTIFULLY DONE WITH THE MOST ELEGANT CARE. OUR GUEST LIST WAS 250 FRIENDS. WE ATE THE MOST WONDERFUL FOOD. THEN CAME THE DANCING. MY NEW HUSBAND AND I DANCED THE NIGHT AWAY. OUR PHOTOGRAPHER, MATT WAS THE BEST. MATT AND KERI MADE OUR WEDDING A DAY TO ALWAYS REMEMBER. OUR FRIENDS ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT. THANK YOU JW MARRIOTT MRS. NORMA DAVIS

Sent on 05/27/2017

Cristina · Married on 09/07/2008

3.0

The buffet food was great, the ceremony was on time, my coordinator is nice and efficient.
    The complimentary room the hotel provided is very nice.

Sent on 10/08/2008

Heather · Married on 09/27/2008

3.5

The food was excellent. The grounds are beautiful!

Sent on 10/01/2008

Tatiana · Married on 05/28/2017

3.0

Amberly Collins, my catering sales manager was amazing to work with! Everything turned out beautiful! Service was great!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Melissa · Married on 03/23/2018

4.2
      3.0

Tammie Burneo was extremely nice and attentive. Although things didn’t go as planned, Tammie, herself Was amazing.

Sent on 04/08/2018

Hi Melissa,
    Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It was such a pleasure working with you, I will miss our communication. You looked so stunning the night of your wedding please share pictures when you get them back.
    Wishing you and John the Best!

3.5

The JW Marriott provided a great location for our wedding. Our first meeting with Nicole in sales had us very reassured in our decision to go with the Marriott. We, unfortunately, were passed around to a few wedding coordinators which wasn't great but we were still able to end up with a beautiful event. If you're lucky enough to get Devon as a banquet manager, you're in great hands. He made us feel so confident and happy the night of our event. Very helpful.

Sent on 11/24/2015

1.0
      2.0

I did love a lot about the venue yet had some bad experiences with the planner. Let me start by saying the maitre d for the reception was INCREDIBLE along with the Marriott staff who worked the reception. We were planning this from out of town as we were not Vegas residents. I was by no means a pushy bride yet did have questions as the process went along. When I would email the planner I would receive an out of office response 100% of the time. 9 out of 10 times I would have to send a "friendly reminder" to her to get some answers. Her response time on a simple question averaged about a week and a half, unacceptable in any job. About two months before the wedding we decided that the ceremony should be inside rather than outside, at that point we found out that our back up room had been rented out to a business lunch in. In my opinion a wedding is a bit more important and I asked if they would go back to the client and just ask if they would move the lunch to another room and she refused. All I would of liked was for them to ask since they were the ones who rented out the back up space. She promised she would find another room for us and eventually did....... Fast forward about a week to the wedding, my parents were in Vegas and went to the Marriott to check out the new room. On their personal visit they saw how small the room was and that the max capacity was only 75 people, we were having 125 and she knew that! We then ended up getting placed in another room thank god that had not yet been rented, however had my parents not gone my ceremony would of been a mess. Lastly, my veil was left accidentally in the reception room the night of the wedding. I emailed and called her to ask her for help locating it and of course heard nothing. My mother went that next day and had help from the Marriott staff and found it. The Maitre D had said he emailed our planner that we had left it and she never reached out to us even after I reached out to her.

Sent on 05/09/2016