Justine Castle Photography Reviews

Justine Castle Photography 5
Justine Castle Photography 6
Justine Castle Photography 7

Ann · Married on 07/14/2018

If I could give Justine 1000 stars I would. I cannot speak highly enough about her! The very first thing she does is meet with you to make sure she is the right fit. From the second you meet her, she puts you at ease while also making you smile and laugh! I didn't think pictures could get any better than what she did for our engagement photos, but then BAM our wedding photos showed up and HOLY SMOKES! She literally captured all the happiness and love I felt throughout the entire day. The reason she is able to do that is because she is busting her butt to make sure you get every photo you want. I had no idea what would look good, but she knew what I was going for and she literally made magic happen. She is so versatile, and she just really gets it! Like I said, she just can capture the moments perfectly throughout the day. She does not make you feel rushed, she just wants to make sure you are happy. I am BEYOND GRATEFUL! THE BEST EVER!!

Sent on 07/18/2018
    Justine Castle Photography 15
    Justine Castle Photography 16
    Justine Castle Photography 17

Danielle · Married on 07/22/2017

Justine is an incredible person with an insane ability to capture the most raw and genuine candids, composed with beautiful composition and light. My husband and I saw her photograph a friends wedding and immediately knew we needed her to photograph ours. Not only does she have a great personality, but she can command a room in the nicest way, all while being calm and collected (which every bride needs!)- all while taking amazing photos! I'm so thankful we found her and so glad she became our friend. She is very, very talented and I highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 10/13/2017

Liz · Married on 05/20/2017

We absolutely LOVED Justine! She is very personable and easy to work with. She touched base with us many times before the wedding to make sure she was catering to our specific needs. Our pictures turned out absolutely amazing! She pays attention to all of the detail and truly made our vision come to life. We would definitely recommend her!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Cameron · Married on 05/13/2017

The whole planning process and vendor management that goes into a wedding is extremely stressful and time-consuming. We can wholeheartedly say that Justine was the easiest, most responsive and nicest vendor we dealt with.

We were very particular about the style of photos that we wanted (more candid than the staged poses) and that was exactly what she was able to accomplish. She got to know us and how we interacted with each other so that none of the pictures looked forced. As we looked through all of the photos, there were so many perfect images of us laughing or just sitting together that turned out perfectly. If our experience with her was not great enough, she sent us some proofs the next day after the wedding and had all of our photos hands within a month which is unheard of!

It's been two months since our wedding and we are still getting daily compliments about our photos and how great our photographer was. I cannot say enough nice things about her personality, talent and overall experience! If you are getting married and are in the search for a great photographer, reach out to Justine; I promise you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/24/2017

Breanne · Married on 01/28/2017

Justine was absolutely amazing to work with! She did our engagement shoot, as well as our wedding and we couldn't be happier about how all our pictures turned out! She captured one of the best days of our lives and made it so effortless and easy. We weren't nervous about being on the camera and it never felt like she was posing us. Everything felt natural and wonderful. She's also fun to be around. If you want a photographer who will not only give you AMAZING pictures, but also one who will put you at ease and make you feel like it's just your friend taking pictures, than Justine is the woman you need! HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 03/18/2017
  • Alessandra

Alessandra · Married on 12/10/2016

I highly recommend Justine!!! I can't say enough about Justine and her incredible photography! We had the pleasure of having her take engagement pictures and also our wedding. We've received so many compliments that I've lost count. Her work in natural light is stunning and she really captures emotion in her pictures. I reached out to her after seeing a wedding pictures of a friend of a friend on Facebook and loving all the pictures. I emailed Justine immediately and asked for a quote. She sent me all the information and included a slideshow of pictures of a wedding she had recently done. I did not know these people and cried as I watched the slideshow, it was so beautiful. I talked to my fiancé, showed him the video, and he was also sold and we contacted her right away for engagement pictures. We wanted snow in our pictures which was very elusive this past year but Justine was very responsive, flexible, and willing to travel when it had snowed. Our engagement pictures are some that I will cherish forever. She is very laid back and made the process really easy. She loves to test out new things during her shoots which I really enjoyed because then your pictures are unique. She found beauty in Toledo that I had never expected or known about. Immediately after our engagement session, we called her for our winter wedding. We had a couple of emails back and forth and a brief call scoping out places to go. She was so easy to work with and I was so excited to see her the day of my wedding. She brought a second shooter who was also wonderful (and actually helped the guys get ready in their tuxes which we are all very thankful for). Justine was very clear with directions and made taking pictures comfortable for everyone involved. She worked really well with the videographer we had which made for a great day. Justine gave us 5 preview pictures the day after our wedding. Can't wait to see them all!! I can't thank her enough for being a part of our special day and capturing it!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Elise · Married on 09/17/2016

Working with Justine was a dream. During the intake process, she was very responsive and very patient, totally willing to answer any additional questions not already answered by her info sheet/website. We did an engagement session with Justine as well as wedding day pictures. For engagement pictures, we decided to meet in our college town of Ann Arbor and spend the afternoon together exploring/catching some light. We rode with Justine in her car and let her lead to spots she thought was best, but she made sure to solicit our input/feedback as well. For our wedding day pictures, Justine had us fill out a form with all the day of details (timeline, contact information, relevant addresses, important family members/friends, etc) well in advance of the big day. This helped lay the foundation for continuing discussions about pictures and locations for the big day. It ended up raining the morning of our wedding day which put a kink in our original plans for photos outside, but Justine had left her place early that morning to scope out a contingency location. When she arrived (very much on time) to meet us, she let me know that she had found a greenhouse nearby and already gotten the management's permission for us to do photos there. We ended up getting so many great pictures in the greenhouse, and, as the rain started to clear up, we also got some great pictures in various outside locations near our ceremony and reception venues (metro-Detroit and Detroit).

I love Justine's photography style. She will certainly make sure to get you the beautiful staged photos of your bridal party/family/friends as you need/want, but she has a real eye for capturing beautiful candid moments and natural light. Some of my favorite pictures from Justine are of the moments between poses. Looking at our pictures from our wedding day, we have a great timeline We cannot recommend Justine more highly.

Sent on 06/10/2017

Maha · Married on 07/31/2016

Justine agreed to cover our wedding at extremely short notice and we couldn't be happier that she did. Both she and her team were fantastic and made our wedding that much more memorable. Her ability to add a personal touch to everything and make us feel completely at ease was fantastic. She captured our wedding so beautifully that looking at the photos still gives me goosebumps!

Excellent service for a reasonable price! You're the best:)

Sent on 05/21/2017

Lara · Married on 07/30/2016

I was a pretty laid back bride in most things, but I was very picky about choosing a photographer. I knew that I wanted pictures I would still love looking at 30 years down the road. Justine has a certain way of capturing not only the "things" of the day, but also the feelings, emotions, atmosphere, etc. It's now been 9 months since my wedding, and I've been starting to feel like the memories of the day were starting to slip, and I was desperately wanting to go back and relive the day; experience the nerves and excitement and happiness all over again. Then, I went through my wedding pictures (for about the 100th time, but it was the first time in several months) and I felt like I was there again! The memories (and even more so, the emotions) of the day came flooding back to me. I instantly get butterflies when I look at them. She delivered A LOT of photos and I love each and every one of them. My wedding would not have been the same without her, and I cannot recommend her enough.

Sent on 04/10/2017

Justine Castle Photography's reply:

You are the sweetest! I am so happy that i was able to be there with you, Joe and your families and share in the excitement of your unwavering love. Thank you!

Rachael · Married on 06/04/2016

My husband and I chose Justine as our wedding photographer based on a blog post we saw from our wedding venue, Hidden Vineyard Wedding Barn in Berrien Springs, MI. We fell in love with her photos immediately! After comparing her to others, we decided that what we loved the most about her pictures was the way she captured the "little moments" between people through her lens. We set up a Skype session with her since we live in another state and we were so pleased with her personality and excitement to help make our wedding very personal through pictures. She wanted to understand us as a couple and made sure to know what we expected of her the day of. On the day of our wedding, she felt like an old family friend! Everyone loved her! She was able to direct our wedding party with ease and efficiency. She captured SO many beautiful "little moments" and looks like we wanted. She became our advocate in more ways than just a wedding photographer. She handled situations that were beyond a photographer's job description to ensure our day was perfect. She went above and beyond and treated us like a good friend that helped make our day a success. She respects how valuable your time is on your wedding day. We love looking back on our photos and the way she captured our beautiful day. We feel very grateful to have had her there with us. You will not be disappointed!!

Sent on 04/22/2017

Justine Castle Photography's reply:

Rachael, I am blown away! Thank you SO much for all the kind words. You are Joe are such wonderful people and I can barely even wait to meet that little Seida baby!!! Come visit us soon!

Justine was a wonderful, professional, and very talented photgrapher for my wedding in October 2015, and also our engagement pictures. She presented herself in a way that made everyone feel very relaxed on a very busy day. Her pictures can be described in many ways, my personal favorites being: natural, candid, elegant, and breath-taking. My husband and I wanted a photographer that would capture intimate moments, we wanted pictures that showed the spontaneity of the day. There many gorgeous shots of our wedding where we don't even remember seeing her take the pictures, yet everyone in them looked amazing! Her prices were very fair. Our engagement pictures were taken at locations she recommended and she has an amaazing artistic eye. I have kept up with her photography sessions as she does family, senior pictures, etcetera, and I always recommend her!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Johanna · Married on 10/10/2015

Where do I begin? Justine deserves a 1,000 stars. Justine is an incredibly talented photographer who knows how to use light and her surroundings to create the most stunning pieces of art. My favorite thing about Justine's photography is her way of capturing beautiful candid moments. Justine isn't your typical wedding photographer in that she didn't have my husband and I pose in a bunch of cheesy positions, and that is exactly why we chose her to begin with. Our photos looked very natural and artistic.

Aside from her style, Justine's personality is noteworthy. When she captured our engagement and wedding photos she was very calm and collected and also warded off our nerves by cracking jokes and smiling the entire day. It is important to choose a photographer who makes you feel comfortable and also shares your enthusiasm of this special day, Justine is that photographer.

Lastly, after our wedding was complete Justine editted the photos beautifully and wrote a special blog post just for us fully equipped with songs! It made me cry happy tears and I was able to share her blog post on my social media channels. She also mailed us prints, a USB, and a beautiful wedding box to put our prints in — she went ABOVE and BEYOND her photography duties and we are so grateful. If I had to choose Justine a thousand times over, I would.

Thanks for sharing your talents with the wedding community!!

Sent on 08/10/2016
  • User6892060 · 2+ years ago

If you want a photographer who has an eye for capturing emotion and moments Justine is a great choice. There was nothing staged or generic about our photos. She brings a unique perspective that tells a story and her photos take you back much like a video would. Very happy with Justine's work and we contine to receive compliments about how beautiful our wedding photos turned out.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Jennifer · Married on 08/08/2015

My husband and I were so lucky to have found Justine for our wedding in August 2015. She is a wonderful photographer who loves what she is doing. At our first meeting with Justine, we instantly clicked with her friendly outgoing nature. She listened to what we wanted and gave feedback that only enhanced our vision. We loved her portfolio, which is filled with natural, candid moments in the most beautiful settings. Justine found the location for our wedding photos, and we could not have been happier with the results. She was physically active, going above and beyond to get the best angles for the shot. When our wedding was over, Justine realized some of our wedding ring photos did not turn out, so she even met with us after to photograph them again. With a simple fresh cut slab of wood and mirror, she featured our rings beautifully in the sunset. We were so impressed with the quality of Justine’s service, especially at a reasonable price. We can’t wait for Justine to capture our next special event. I continue to recommend her to all my friends!

Sent on 06/23/2016