Justin Trails Resort Reviews

14 | Sparta, WI

14 Reviews for Justin Trails Resort

Meghann · Married on 05/20/2017

Donna and her team at Justin Trails were amazing to work with. In the months prior to the event, she was very helpful in providing names and recommendations of vendors that have done well at Justin Trails in the past. She was very responsive to all email questions, often responding within a few hours. During the wedding weekend, the weather was unfortunately cold and rainy but Donna went out of her way to make sure our guests were comfortable. The staff always had smiles on and breakfasts at the lodge were great. Highly recommended! Dusty and Rusty were a huge hit with the guests as well.

Sent on 05/29/2017

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

Thanks Meghann and Ben for choosing Justin Trails Resort for your wedding celebration! Don, Dawn, Chuck and I all wish you many happy years together!

Jen · Married on 05/10/2017

The cabin was absolutely everything we could have asked for. The elopement package was a great deal and best of all they covered all the arrangements. The ceremony was the perfect way to express our love and I would definitely do it all again without changing a thing. As an added bonus, the food was wonderful. We will be returning with our family to celebrate our anniversary next year. Absolutely wonderful!

Beautiful venue and great people to work with!

Sent on 09/30/2016

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

It is always a pleasure to host a "Love Fest". aka wedding celebration!

Megan · Married on 07/30/2016

When we started planning our wedding, we had no idea what we were doing. We saw this location and instantly knew this was the place. They were very quick with answering any questions and were happy to give us any recommendations. I absolutely loved that they let us come look at the venue multiple times and had pictures to show us. It was a fantastic place and all of our guests commented on how wonderful it was. I would definitely recommend it to anybody as a place for a wedding. It's so versatile and very accommodating. We definitely had the wedding of our dreams and couldn't be happier.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

Thanks Megan! You and Evan were a total delight to work with providing the perfect venue for your wedding celebration!

Dani · Married on 07/16/2016

I am so happy that we decided to have our wedding at Justin Trails Resort. We first were thinking about it due to it being equal travel distance for both sides' families. Once we saw the actual venue there was no turning back. It is such a gorgeous place; you really don't need to decorate much at all. Our guests were talking about how beautiful it was the entire time, plus days after! Don and Donna were very helpful with answering my questions and helping out when needed. Thanks again Don and Donna!

Andraya · Married on 06/18/2016

Donna and Don at Justin Trails were the most hospitable hosts. They were so incredibly helpful every step of the way. It is an incredible value for everything that you receive and we did not stop hearing about how beautiful and perfect our venue was from our guests! I would recommend this place in a heartbeat.

Sent on 07/15/2016

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! It was a pleasure to be your host venue for you and Joe's wedding celebration with guests from all across the country!
  • User5342080 · 2+ years ago

We just had our wedding yesterday at Justin Trails Resort and it was amazing! Don and Dona are very helpful, and their venue is beautiful! Highly recommended!!

Shelly · Married on 05/21/2016

Great venue in a country setting. Nice to have the rehearsal, rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony and gift opening all in one place. The lodging was very nice and Don and Donna Justin were great to work with . We were very satisfied with everything

Patti · Married on 09/10/2016

The gardens and barn were as beautiful as we had hoped for. Our guests loved the setting and the hosts were very accommodating and welcoming. The wedding party enjoyed their stay in the great cabins. The wedding pictures turned out gorgeous!! Thanks to the Justin's!

Sent on 09/17/2016

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

Thanks Patti! It was a pleasure working with you to host your daughter's wedding celebration!

jane · Married on 06/03/2017

justin trails was a beautiful outdoor experience and a memorable weekend event, which our families will remember with fondness for years to come. There aren't words to express how perfect this whole wedding was. Nature added to the magic, with a double rainbow, and rolling green hills. Donna, the owner, granted every little request I asked, which really eased my stress. To make things even better, Justin Trails is a local bed and breakfast, which we will be able to visit on anniversaries and other special occassions.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

Jane, It was my pleasure to work with you to create the perfect wedding for your daughter. It's heartwarming for me to see your families connect and reconnect on this wedding weekend, especially when cousins fly all the way from Shanghai, China.

Megan · Married on 06/04/2016

Justin Trails was AMAZING. As a laid back, country loving, bride, this was truly a dream venue. I love the blank slate to work from. The renovated barn stands beautifully alone, so little decor is needed to make it special. Bringing in all the rentals didn't bother me; as you are still able to keep costs to a minimum with a little bargain searching skills. Donna's granola is the best thing to wake to - along with some of Don's early morning jokes.
    I don't regret a thing... except to stay a bit longer. Can't wait for our 1-Yr Anniversary back at the JTR.

Sent on 06/17/2016

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

Thank Megan! You and your family were a delight to work with! It was an honor for Don and me to host your wedding celebration!

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2017

Justin Trails was a perfect venue for our country chic wedding. The scenery is beautiful for an outdoor wedding. The wedding barn is perfectly original, but still has new hardwood floors and nice bathrooms. We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception on site. Also, we were able to have our entire wedding party, their SO, and our parents stay on the property Friday and Saturday (about 24 people). This place is a photographers dream. Donna provides lemonade and water for the event. They also light the path leading to the parking lot.

Sent on 09/18/2017

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

Thank you Jessica! Dawn, Chuck, Don and I are so honored to host your beautiful wedding celebration! We look forward to your return visits! Donna Justin

Bill · Married on 10/08/2016

Donna and Dawn are fantastic to work with! This is an absolutely magical place - you will be lost in the experience. I honestly don't have much other experience, this being our eldest daughter and first marriage :-) but the ability to have the entire location to your family and friends for the entire weekend must help so much in alleviating conflicts and issues. The lodging on site (being a Bed & Breakfast) also lends itself to the relaxing centered event that I know that my daughter strove for. Well worth the expenditure - be sure to visit Justin Trails to see if the location is right for your special day!

Sent on 11/12/2016

Justin Trails Resort's reply:

Thanks Bill for the thoughtful review! It was our pleasure to serve your family's wedding celebration!

Hope · Married on 06/28/2014

This is an absolutely beautiful venue! The cabins on site are perfect for families to stay together and relax in between the events. I had my rehearsal at the venue as well and it was just the perfect space for everything. The Justin's were really flexible and let me come out to see the venue multiple times before our wedding date. They always answered the phone and responded to emails too.

Pros:
    -beautiful outdoor space
    -beautiful barn/indoor space
    -blank slate, can decorate any way you like!
    -when you rent the venue, you get it all weekend!
    -camping on site, cabins on site
    -homemade breakfast served daily!
    -can bring in your own liquor (venue has wine/beer license so you have to purchase that through them)

Cons:
    -you have to rent EVERYTHING (chairs, tables, spoons...)! The cost adds up quickly
    -disc golf course... there were people playing all day. Just random people walking around while we were trying to take pictures & get ready. Right before our outdoor ceremony I was stressing that these people would be walking through our ceremony.
    -New venue, they're still working out the kinks. (they had multiple events going on during the day of our wedding. People were so confused, I was stressed out... I figure if you pay to rent the venue for the weekend, it should be yours exclusively.)

In general, it was beautiful and went really well. I think the things I had an issue with will work themselves out as the venue learns how much they can handle in one day. I would just be firm and get everything in writing.