Justin Critz Photography Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 19 Reviews
View more information

Malorie K. Married on 05/15/2021

Best Wedding Photographer!

Where do I even begin describing how great Justin is? He is amazing! My husband and I were referred to Justin by our wedding coordinator. Initially I wasn't sure what style I was looking for, until I checked out Justin's website and saw all of his amazing work! Coming from someone who knows nothing about photography, I was so impressed that he has such a way of capturing the uniqueness of every couple, while also being super consistent with beautiful angles, backgrounds, and overall feel of a photo. After talking to him and looking at his work, I knew that his style was exactly what I was looking for.

He did not disappoint! We did engagement photos first, and Justin was so easy to work with. I told him I was nervous since I never had professional photos taken before and I feel awkward having my picture taken, but Justin was so nice and understanding and knew exactly how to make us feel comfortable! There was never an awkward moment, and he has honestly mastered the art of making you feel like you're working with a friend who also happens to be a professional photographer!

For our wedding day, he worked with his wife Nikki who is also amazing. They are both so nice, talented and such a pleasure to work with. I have been so grateful to look back on all the meaningful moments that they captured on a day when everything goes by WAY too fast and you don't always get to see all the details. Now I can look back on our wedding day and not feel like I missed a thing! I couldn't be happier with our photos, and I would 100% recommend Justin Critz Photography!
    Sean Y. Married on 05/02/2021

Justin was amazing

Justin was absolutely fantastic and made us feel so comfortable. We are so happy with his work and his dedication to make our wedding day so special. If you're looking for a photographer, look no further, he's the guy for you. Thank you so much for everything!
  • Jim
    Jim H. Married on 05/01/2021

We couldn't be happier with our choice of Justin as our photographer

We could not have been happier with the photos Justin and Niki took on our wedding day. We have nothing but positive things to say, from Justin's prompt and thoughtful responses in the planning phase of our wedding to the amazing photographs on our wedding day. We really appreciate the care and attention they took during our first look photos at Griffith Observatory and how well they captured the intimacy in the photos from our small backyard zoom wedding.
    We are left with photos we will cherish for the rest of our lives and that is all thanks to Justin.
    Jessica Y. Married on 02/21/2021

Scintillating Wedding Photographer

Justin is my favorite photographer. I was referred to him by one of my good friends and he was the perfect wedding photographer! My husband and I messaged several photographers and really liked Justin because he took the time to want to webcam (very personal) with us and get to know us and what we were looking for in a photographer. He was very professional, on time, affable, and easy to talk to even on the first meet! He wanted to know our story of how we met and was willing to work with our budget. That was a super plus!! He has won a lot of awards and yet is very humble. He truly enjoys his job and it shows in his work.
    Justin is also very organized and messaged us in the weeks leading up to the wedding to help us stay on task in putting together a picture schedule and layout of the day. He also let/welcomed me to send pictures of angles I did not like that someone else took.
    On our wedding day, Justin and his wife were super helpful and flexible in helping us keep track of schedule and giving instructions to our family of where to stand and how to pose.
    Justin naturally has the funniest expressions & sounds and makes it easy to smile when the camera is pointed at you! I couldn’t stop laughing!!
    My mom and brother thought Justin and I had been friends for awhile because he was that easy to talk to and we got along so well! :0) I highly recommend him for all couples who need their special day to be captured professionally and done well. We also got our picture previews pretty soon after (maybe less than 10 days). We were very pleased with the memories captured and would definitely hire Justin again!!
  • Jessica
    Jessica M. Married on 02/29/2020

Justin is the best!!!

I can't say enough good things about Justin! Justin took our engagement photos and our wedding photos, and he went above and beyond. He is so kind and fun, which made us feel so relaxed and comfortable during the photoshoots. He is very organized and responsive, which put me at ease during the wedding planning process. The pictures turned out beautiful and they capture our day perfectly. We've received so many compliments from friends and family!

We could not imagine our wedding day without Justin taking our pictures. You will not regret hiring Justin to capture your big day!
  • Francesca
    Francesca Married on 08/17/2019

Photographer Dream Come True!

Where do I even begin with how Justin made all my wedding photo dreams come true? Well, first of all I discovered his gorgeous work on Instagram and found his lovely website. I tried not to get my hopes up that he would be free for my wedding this last summer. When I reached out he was so warm and welcoming and even came to meet me and my the fiancé for coffee. He asked us about how we met and made us both feel so at ease (especially my husband who was like “people can just take pictures on their phones” OMG!)

Anyway, Justin includes a free engagement photo session with his wedding package. I CANNOT stress how important and wonderful this session is! You get the chance to feel out any quirks and get all your super awkward poses out of your system before the big day. Speaking of, on the big day Justin came with his partner and they did such an amazing job that everyone thought our wedding photos were from a bridal magazine. His attention to tiny intimate details, planning ahead, and gracefully managing all the stress and family drama made me so happy to not only have him at our wedding as a photographer but also as a guest. We love you Justin and hope we have more excuses to work with you again soon!
  • Christene
    Christene B. Married on 03/03/2019

California to Washington

Amazing photographer! Went out of his way to shoot my wedding in Everett, Washington. We did our engagement photos with him in December and the photos turned out well and working with him felt natural that we had to hire him for our wedding!

Planning - Justin talks to both groom and bride, asking a series of questions in order to prepare for the wedding. He comes up with a timeline which definitely helps out on the day of.

Wedding Day - Justin follows a timeline that makes the day flow smoothly. There were a couple of times where we had to change some things but he was always flexible and made every effort to tend to our needs. We didn't know what to do when it came to cutting the cake so we asked him and he guided us through it; what a life saver.

If you need a photographer I recommend this vendor because he is professional, dedicated, and provides quality product that meet our expectations and more.
  • Eva
    Eva L. Married on 01/31/2019

The best photographer ever!

I cannot say enough about how talented Justin is as a photographer. I have used him numerous times as a photographer for my styled shoots. He always comes up with the most beautiful images that really capture the essence of what we are trying to shoot. He also works great with people. He has always been so kind to the models and really knows how to put every body at ease so he can get the most out of them. I am sure we will continue to use him!
  • Pam
    Pamela P. Married on 10/20/2018

JustIncredible!

When we first talked to Justin, he explained his shoots as being like "hanging out with a friend who happens to have a camera". And he was just that. Our engagement shoot was each of our firsts and Justin helped us feel so comfortable and at ease. This came right through the pictures. Justin's photos bring out genuine and natural moments that totally represent us as a couple. His editing was simple, precise, and only helped to amplify these moments. Throughout the process, from engagement shoot to wedding shoot, Justin was kind, fun, patient, and professional - we couldn't have asked for a better photographer nor could we have been happier with the photographs.
  • Jane & Daniel
    Jane D. Married on 06/23/2018

Personal, Talented, and Phenomenal

Finding the perfect wedding photographer who will capture your special day beautifully and at the right price point can feel daunting to couples. When we met Justin, we instantly knew we had met the right one.

Justin was referred to us by a friend who was a wedding florist. When we emailed him to inquire, he responded promptly and our first impression was that he was incredibly warm and friendly. When we met him in person, our impression was confirmed and we instantly felt a connection to him, like he was an old friend. He made us feel so assured that even if we were awkward at taking photos, that he would make us look natural and great!

During the engagement shoot, he was encouraging and helpful in suggesting poses, locations, and different kinds of shots. When he showed us sneak peeks, we were amazed at how good and natural we looked!

Justin was always prompt in answering any questions I had over email or text. Before our wedding, he was so sweet in sending us a little gift which included print-outs of our engagement photos on really nice card stock. We set these up on our party favors table during our wedding and it was perfect. It was just another small layer of detail that Justin had done himself to make sure his clients felt special.

During the day of our wedding, he was right on time and got straight to work, capturing all of the beautiful details and moments of our wedding that allows us to now look back and remember that special day. He worked so well with our videographer and was courteous to other vendors while also getting the shots he needed. We really loved having so much time with him to take portraits in a variety of settings at our venue.

Justin truly cares for each of his clients and makes them feel special and loved. He is incredibly talented and a wonderful human being to work with. We are so grateful to have met him and have now gained a new friend.
    Leslie Married on 06/01/2018
    While planning our destination wedding, I stumbled upon Justin's Instagram account while researching wedding photographers. I loved how he captured couples naturally and beautifully. After meeting with him for our engagement session, we knew right away we wanted him to document our wedding as well. He was easygoing, super fun, and just a really great guy all around! We were floored when we received our engagement photos -- the way he captured our personalities, our vibe, and his use of natural light. We received so many compliments after sharing the photos with our friends and family that we had no doubt our wedding photos would also turn out beautifully. We trusted him fully from the get-go and that's so important when choosing a wedding photographer. I promise you will be ecstatic to work with him and recommend him 100% to document special occasions such as your wedding day.
    Kate Married on 03/23/2018
    Justin and Niki are everything you need for the big wedding day. He is professional, passionate, knowledgable, and artistic. His photos are very soft, romantic and not over posed. He curates his poses carefully to make sure they come genuine and sincere. He captures the love and the physical attraction between a couple so accurately, and he is not afraid to go in the bushes or turn you around just a little more to capture the perfect angle. What makes his photography so unique is his use of a variety of lenses to give his photos depth and variety. It has been a pleasure working with both of you through our engagement and wedding photoshoots. You made my stiff husband feel in ease with your friendly mannerism. 120% Satisfaction Guarantee!
    Kim Married on 02/03/2017
    My husband and I were lucky enough to have Justin as our wedding photographer. We would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone planning their wedding. Justin and Niki were absolutely wonderful to work with. They made us feel comfortable and natural in front of the camera. They captured every moment and detail, big or small, perfectly. His photos were absolutely stunning! They highlighted us as a couple as well as the beautiful nature we were surrounded by. Justin is quick to respond to any questions you have and is flexible with location and personal preferences. To top it all off, we got our photos back in record tmie and were blown away with the beauty that he captured. We cannot recommend him and Niki enough.
    Stephanie Married on 10/09/2016
    The advice I would give couples when they're trying to decide to book with Justin Critz Photography is, BOOK HIM!! Justin and Nikki are absolutely amazing and their work is breath taking. They captured every moment perfectly. When I received my photos I was able to re live every step and moment of that day. I can not thank them enough for such beautiful photos.
    Alexa Married on 01/09/2015
    Love Love Love Justin!! He is very professional, talented, and a great sense of humor! I hired him to do my engagement and wedding photos, and it was a true pleasure to work with him. He took his time to make sure that everything was perfect. He also got our engagement and wedding pictures back to us in a very timely manner. I would recommend him to anybody that is in need of a photographer!
    Christine Married on 12/07/2013
    We absolutely LOVED having Justin as our wedding photographer! He was very professional, but also super fun to be around! We had an engagement photoshoot with him a few months before our wedding day, and he was able to capture great photos of us that we used at our sign-in table on our wedding day! He took time to get to know our personalities, which helped make the photo sessions fun and enjoyable.

Totally recommend him if you are looking for a photographer!! :)
    Millicent Married on 10/18/2013
    We seriously can’t thank you enough for your amazing work, we feel so lucky to have found you. You are truly an amazing photographer and we are so happy that we choose you to capture the first happiest day of our lives as husband and wife. Your cheerful, friendly and calming presence and just how all around awesome it was to work with you and your assistant Rochelle. You totally made us feel so comfortable being photographed and it was like having dear friends at the wedding. We are gonna go back in time whenever we look at the pictures, they are all so artistically beautiful, we could just stare at them for hours. We love the mix of the classic shots and candid shots. The formal shots which are so many to choose from are sooo pretty I could and might just dedicate a photo to a single page because the picture just deserves to be on a page of it's own. Thanks again for responding to any and all questions that we had and also for catering to our pug Bambi in the engagement photo shoot locations. It has truly been a true pleasure working with you both. Would definitely recommend Justin and Rochelle to anyone looking for a photographer.
    Rachel Married on 04/06/2013
    Justin and Rochelle were AMAZING. Not only was he super pleasant and excited about our wedding, but he and Rochelle made us feel so at ease the day of! They posed us naturally, listened to what we wanted, and was an amazing deal compared to anyone else I looked at. But most importantly, the photos are AMAZING. He had sneak peeks for us the day after and every single photo that we've seen has taken my breath away. We took pictures indoors, outdoors, at sunset, during the day, at night -and each one is truly incredible. His use of light is amazing and I just loved everything about working with them. I would recommend them to anyone in a heartbeat! Thank you Justin and Rochelle for documenting our most important day in such a wonderful way!
    Haley Married on 02/22/2013
    Justin Critz Photography​ is amazing! I highly recommend him for any photography, especially engagement and wedding! My husband and I won a couple's photoshoot from an instagram contest and I'm so happy we did! We've never had a professional photoshoot and if you're considering it, it's absolutely worth the investment. He was really easy to work with, clearly explained poses and angles that he knew would look great, and he went above and beyond to get specific shots that he knew I wanted. He's really nice, talented, and a PHENOMENAL photographer!