Just Desserts Reviews

160 Just Desserts Reviews
  • Megan

Megan Richter · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely amazing

Melinda was a dream to work with! From the first tasting we really hit it off! She was professional and honest. The eclair cake is to die for. All of our guests loved it. I could not wait to eat the left overs the next day. We opted to pick the cake up ourselves and she told us the best way to decorate it. I would highly recommend her, you won't be disappointed.

Just Desserts 1

Jess · Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing wedding cake

We met Melinda at the OBX wedding expo, she had samples of her cake to try and we immediately fell in love, her cake was so good we signed a contract that day! Melinda was so fun to work with, she helped us with our cake design and finalizing flavors. She is very responsive to emails and made the whole process so easy. Our guests were raving about how amazing our wedding cake was and we can’t wait to have our anniversary cake next year!

Cynthia · Married on 07/13/2018

Melinda is not only an artist, but a simply wonderful and caring person. Our daughter's wedding cake was extraordinary in design and flavor. Melinda also provided chocolate-covered strawberries and extra white chocolate candies in beach-themed shapes for that extra-special touch at the reception.

Just Desserts 2

Chelsea · Married on 05/25/2018

Just Desserts was an amazing cake designer! I was the wedding coordinator for Katie & Mark's wedding and I picked up the cake the night before the wedding. This team was incredible. I easily coordinated a time for pick up. They were incredibly responsive and helpful with directions. I arrived a bit early and they welcomed me into their cute space and made sure I had everything I needed. Ok now the cake, that was amazing!!! Everyone raved about it and the bride was so happy. Which made me very happy. As a vendor, I would highly recommend Just Desserts to anyone getting married in the Outer Banks.

Katie · Married on 05/25/2018

I planned my Outer Banks wedding at The Mark Twain House (5/25/18) from my home in Connecticut. Melinda came highly recommended by our caterer so I figured I would look into her. I knew I didn't want anything extravagant, but I am a cake lover and wanted something that I would remember. Melinda was so responsive and helpful with my cake order. My wedding planner was able to pick up our cake the day before the wedding and it was all ready for her to take. I literally could not believe how delicious this cake was. After the first bite I turned and looked at the caterer who happened to be standing there and all i could say was "omg this is amazing". All of our guests commented on how good the cake was, most saying "that was the best cake I have ever had". I can't thank Melinda enough for this cake and we hope to be back to the Outer Banks soon and will 100% order another cake!

Katlin · Married on 05/18/2018

Melinda did an amazing job. She did both the rehearsal dinner cake (South Florida Bulls) and our wedding cake. She is extremely busy but made sure our cake is just as we had planned (flavors and design). Our guests raved about how great the cake tasted. I already can't wait to eat our anniversary cake!

Just Desserts 3
    Just Desserts 4
  • plangalCG

C · Married on 05/17/2018

Everyone RAVED AND RAVED about our wedding cake, and it was well deserved! Let's put it this way, we had 20 adult guests and 3 kids, and a cake designed to serve 40 I think, and there was very little left! Everyone had more than one serving....except me. Dang shapewear! Anyway, I would definitely plan to get my cake from Melinda for other events if I am in the Outer Banks. I wish I could have cake from her every day! She was so sweet too. She gave my husband extra carrot cake to take because she knew he loved it. And when our anniversary tier went missing at the venue, she gave us another. The cake was also gorgeous...no reservations in recommending her. No need to go anywhere else!

Jenna · Married on 05/14/2018

I truly cannot say enough great things about Melinda and Just Desserts!! I reached out in a bit of a panic, as (to make a long story short) we originally wanted cupcakes for our wedding, but just couldn’t find a vendor we were comfortable with. So about 3 weeks before the wedding – I connected with Melinda. She was like a true godsend. She was SO easy to work with – she eased any concerns I ever had – and immediately confirmed availability and assisted me with all the specifics. She is witty , kind, cool, calm, collected – a brides dream come true!!! Not to mention, she makes a PHENOMINAL cake!! I remember during our initial correspondence she told me my guests would remember two things – the bride & the cake. Well to be honest, I think people only remember the CAKE (it totally stole my thunder and I am OK with that – because it was that good). The flavor, the frosting, the consistency – everything was perfect. And everyone was raving about it (and still is to this day). We had a 3-tiered cake and went with (2) layers of chocolate mousse and (1) layer of fresh strawberries & Italian buttercream!! YUM!!! We couldn’t have been happier with our overall experience with Melinda and Just Desserts. We vacation in OBX and will definitely be utilizing Just Desserts again in the future. I highly recommend Just Desserts – you will not be disappointed! P.S – if you are even considering cupcakes – DON’T – Melinda, Just Desserts and CAKE are all you need for your special day!!

Just Desserts 5

Jaime · Married on 04/28/2018

Melinda with Just Desserts not only made us a delicious, gorgeous wedding cake but was so kind and accommodating to me and my family. We came down to the OBX to meet with vendors several months prior to the wedding. Miranda welcomed us into her home office and served us sample after sample of cake. She was so down to earth and friendly - my parents LOVED her! We decided on the vanilla cake with fresh berries, and a simple ombre design. I am not a huge fan of wedding cake overall, but hers were delicious. MULTIPLE guests told me during the reception and weeks later after the wedding that it was the best wedding cake they ever had. The fresh berries really were unique and so light - perfect for a beach wedding! I can't recommend Melinda and her beautiful cakes enough!

Just Desserts 6

Kristin · Married on 04/26/2018

Just Desserts is the BEST!! Melinda made our rehearsal cake (key lime) and our wedding cake (fruit and eclair) - hands down THE BEST cakes we (and our guests) have ever had. Melinda is a creative genius who puts her personal touch on each cake she makes because she truly cares and wants this to be your best day ever. She is funny, personable and puts all her positive energy into making your cake exactly what you want. My husband and I loved partnering with her and can't wait to have another occasion to work with her again!!

Just Desserts 7
    Just Desserts 8

Kara · Married on 04/07/2018

Melinda was an absolute dream to work with, not to mention the cake was beautiful and the best I’ve tasted! She also carried out our vision with our non traditional topper. Most definitely not your average wedding cake. She answered all my questions promptly and made time to meet on our schedule (we are out of state) I wish I could give more stars!

Just Desserts 9

Ashley · Married on 12/02/2017

From the first time I tasted Melinda's cake at the OBX wedding expo I knew she was my girl! He cakes are absolutely amazing and she is so talented. She made our wedding cake for our wedding at The Sanderling earlier this month and it was devoured in minutes! We received so many compliments on our cake and we can't thank her enough!

Tiffanie · Married on 11/11/2017

Melinda was a dream to work with!! She made the most delicious cake I think we have ever tasted! You can not go wrong with Just Desserts!!!

Nicole · Married on 10/20/2017

This cake was everything we expected and more!! We picked the eclair flavor and it was so delicious. It looked beautiful as a part of our wedding and was flawless. Melinda was super sweet and helpful figuring out what we wanted - definitely recommend!!

Katie · Married on 09/22/2017

Holy cow! We had our wedding the past summer in Corolla, NC and had the best cake imaginable. We were going for a tropical, clean look for our wedding so we wanted a very simple cake. We chose a single 'top tier' cake with white frosting and had our florist add some flowers to the top. After going to a tasting, we decided on the key lime cake and I could not be happier with our decision. I'm not a huge sweets person and I devoured it. I highly recommend Just Desserts for creating not only a gorgeous cake for your wedding, but a DELICIOUS ONE! THANK YOU!!!!

Just Desserts 10

Lee Ann · Married on 09/14/2017

WOW!!! It looked fabulous and tasted even better. If I could give Melinda 6 stars we would...it was the best cake we have ever had...and that's the truth. We got the traditional vanilla and chocolate éclair....our group of 65 people ate almost the entire 3 tier cake (it was that good!) Presentation was outstanding as we had a beach theme and the cake was coordinated perfectly to our wedding colors. Melinda was also extremely organized and pleasant to deal with....this added no stress to our day at all. Can't wait to eat our anniversary tier!!

Karley · Married on 09/09/2017

I had a destination wedding in Nags Head in Sept. 2017. My husband and I are from Northern Va. We started planning 2 years in advance and took our family to the cake tasting. When we arrived we had so many different options. When I say no cake that she made was bad I truly mean it. We had trouble decided which cake to choose from. She had everything to plain generic wedding cake to chocolate eclair cake. Even the generic wedding cake was not so generic. We ended up choosing the chocolate eclair cake. I have never in my life tasted a wedding cake so good. She matched the exact design that we wanted and the taste was amazing. Cakes by Just Desserts are to die for. Best cake I have ever had. We can't wait to dig into our anniversary cake topper.

Amanda · Married on 09/02/2017

We met Melinda from Just Desserts at the OBXWA Expo in January & ordered our cake on the spot. We were amazed at how delicious the cake samples were, and she had so many beautiful designs from past events on display! We communicated with her a handful of times prior to our wedding, and she was just so very nice, kind, patient and charming! The cake was BEAUTIFUL and AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS; we were quite pleased that there was some leftover for us to eat on the days following our event! With our cake also came a small top tier, frozen, ready for us to place in our freezer and eat on our first anniversary. Thanks Melinda, you're wonderful!! xoxo

Takeetha · Married on 08/05/2017

Melinda was very tentative and great to work with. The groom's cake was delicious.

Cynthia · Married on 07/17/2017

Melinda is my favorite vendor to work with. She gave not only the bride samples ,my daughter but also some for me and her dad. She also even delivered the grooms cake under special circumstances. The key lime cake which was the grooms flavor got great reviews from all guest. The wedding cake was delivered and set up promptly and beautiful. My guest not only loved the looks of the cake but truly loved the flavor. Melinda is a real treasure.

Heather · Married on 06/24/2017

So much talent & everything that we wanted for our wedding cake!! It was delicious. Not even a slice was left over after the reception!

amanda · Married on 06/22/2017

This cake was the HIT of my wedding! Mine and my husband's families are BIG cake people, between the both of our families, we have seriously tried it all. EVERY single person at the wedding made a point to tell myself or my husband that it was the BEST cake they've ever had!!!! I ordered the cake for 150 people, but my guest count only ended up being 100- the entire cake still went! Every last piece, gone! We got key lime and traditional with fresh fruit filling. WOW! I mean I just can't say enough about how good this cake was. Just amazing!!! It looked beautiful too!!! She has amazing attention to detail, it was perfect!! My guests are STILL talking about the cake today! And on to Melinda, she is an AMAZING person!!! She is so friendly, and super easy to work with. I went to Melinda completely unsure of what I wanted and she was so patient with me and talked over all of the options. I changed my mind 100 times during our meeting and she happily made the changes. She always answered my emails in a timely manner and she is just so pleasant!!! I am SO happy that I found Melinda!!!! Thank you Melinda for making my wedding experience wonderful!!!

Liz · Married on 05/26/2017

Melinda is the best! Not only did our cake look amazing but it was soooooo delicious. We went with the eclair cake which did not disappoint. On the night of the wedding we received so many compliments on the cake. Every piece was eaten! Thank you for making our dream wedding cake!

a · Married on 05/06/2017

"Best wedding cake, ever!" That is what we heard all night and into the next day! After trying a few of Melinda's desserts, our daughter and son-in-law knew exactly what they wanted; the Eclair cake. Not only was it delicious, but Melinda worked with our daughter's vision and created a beautiful, elegant cake. Knowing that Melinda's business is extremely popular, we asked our wedding planner, Brenda Zeigler, to act on our behalf to get the ball rolling and then, when the time was right, Melinda worked with our daughter on the details. If you want a cake that is thoroughly enjoyed, the Eclair cake is it!