Just a Taste Catering Reviews

21 | Bozeman, MT

21 Reviews for Just a Taste Catering

Sophie · Married on 09/15/2019

I would get remarried every year to eat their food

Wow. Great people, superb food, very professional and easy going. Fair pricing. Yes all over the place

Sent on 10/15/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen Smith · Married on 07/13/2019

So impressed with Just a Taste!!

Liz catered our wedding outside of Missoula a few weeks ago and everything was absolutely perfect. From the passed appetizers at the cocktail hour to the seated dinner for 90- our guests could not get enough and were raving about how delicious everything was all night. She and her team took such great care of every person and every little detail, we could not have asked for a better experience! We would recommend them 1000% and thank them for helping make our wedding so special!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Bri

Bri Nottingham · Married on 06/08/2019

Liz is the best!!

Could not have had anyone better! Liz is amazing and the food is incredible, she made our wedding day. People are still talking about how great the food was. Her entire staff was on point. Book them, you won’t regret it!!!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Just a Taste Catering's reply:

Thanks Bri! It was so much fun working with you! All of your guests were so nice and thankful. The weather took a turn for the better and couldn’t have asked for a better night! Xo

Allison · Married on 10/13/2018

Liz and team were the caterers for our entire weekend. We had a large rehearsal dinner, wedding, and Sunday breakfast. Our events were handled in the utmost professional manner, with great quality food and service. Liz also helped us find more economical options for auxiliary pieces for our events. In Bozeman, you find that when you say wedding, most vendors just tack on more cost, with Liz you get amazing quality and support at a a competitive rate. I would recommend her services 10-times over for any Bride.

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Sue

Sue · Married on 06/01/2018

Just a Taste did such a beautiful job with my wedding catering! My guests couldn't believe we weren't eating at a Five Star Restaurant! We decided to go with their Elegant Menu! The Bison tenderloin (HOW MONTANA!!!) recieved so many complements from my guests and people couldn't stop talking about the Baby Rack of Lamb! They even offered vegetarian options for my guests from out of state! The ladies serving the food were so happy to be there and polite! I couldn't have asked for anything more from my caterer. If you are getting married in Montana, use Just A Taste!

Sent on 09/08/2018

ANNA · Married on 09/02/2017

We had an amazing experience working with Liz to cater our wedding at the Big Yellow Barn this summer. We planned from out of town and Liz was very responsive via email and phone to work out the details. I wanted to keep it simple but elegant and the menu Liz proposed for the buffet was perfect. My mom and a friend who live in town did the tasting with Liz and we hardly changed a thing because it was all delicious. On the day of, Liz and her staff were very attentive, professional, and relaxed and made sure both the groom and I got the passed appetizers and drinks (and they weren't even the bartenders). They also made sure the band got their food and drink and were able to relax before getting the party started. Liz and her staff went above and beyond and it was a bit like having a day of coordinator and caterer all in one. I can't imagine anything having gone better and both the groom and I were able to just enjoy our people and the evening. I also went through Liz to get linens and had her make some quiches for brunch the next day which she DELIVERED. She and her staff are pros and all you need to do is make a few decisions and let them do their jobs, which they do perfectly.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Tiffany · Married on 01/07/2017

I cannot possibly write a review that does Just A Taste justice for the amazing food at our wedding. Liz was incredibly easy to work with and changed the menu with me many times until we got it perfect. The food was simply out of this world. We wanted our wedding menu to include Montana game and be a reflection of the destination, and it was spot on. The lamb lollipops, grilled cheese with tomato soup shooters and elk tenderloin were just a few of the amazing appetizers they created. Our entrees and sides were also phenomenal. We had three choices for the adult entrees, including a vegetarian option (which was unbelievably delicious) and we loved them all. We also had kids at the wedding, and she created chicken fingers and mac and cheese that were absolutely delicious. In fact, the four cheese mac and cheese was the best macaroni and cheese we’ve ever had.

Our wedding was in a home, and Liz and her team cooked in the kitchen. It was such a great touch to our intimate reception. She and her team were well-organized, calm and professional, even when they realized the oven wasn’t working. They quickly improvised, cooking everything on an outside grill. It truly showed Liz’s talent as a chef. The team was also incredibly neat, which was very importance since the cooking was visible to everyone at the reception, and everything was perfectly clean when they left.

Everyone has been raving about the food since the wedding, and we cannot wait to get back to Montana and hopefully have Just A Taste cater another event!! My advice to any couple is to book Just A Taste for their wedding and then make sure you actually eat on your big day!!

Sent on 03/02/2017

Rebecca · Married on 08/13/2016

Liz is an absolute joy to work with. She's energetic, flexible, and of course an incredible chef. She helped plan and coordinate our rentals, and did so much behind the scenes on the day of the wedding, it was amazing. And she plated food for us and kept us fed and hydrated on our big day, so we just can't say enough about how organized and attentive she is.

Sent on 12/08/2016

We used Just a Taste Catering for our July wedding. Liz and her staff were wonderful to work with. She created the perfect blend of food to celebrate Montana and Texas, our homestates. Our guests are still raving about the bision tenderloin, huckleberry lemonade, jalapeño grits, and the Texas and Montana shaped pimento cheese sandwiches!

Liz is an amazing chef and an extremely thoughtful person. We served a buffet style dinner, she had plates waiting for us at our table ensuring we had time to eat dinner at our own wedding. She also brought us out beverages while we were taking photographs.

If you are looking for a catering company for your upcoming wedding- look no further!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Cooper · Married on 06/16/2016

Liz did the best job catering our wedding, family style for 300! Everything was delicious and on point. She completely catered to our every want and need and more! Cant wait to have another party and use Just a Taste again.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kim · Married on 05/29/2016

Liz and team at Just a Taste really are the best! We knew we wanted BBQ for our wedding -- a casual, fun celebration -- and Liz knocked it out of the park. Everyone raved about the food and we've got some pretty big BBQ snobs among this crowd. Seriously, the mac and cheese is amazing. From the beginning, Liz was always responsive and helpful even when we didn't know exactly what we wanted. Because we were visiting from out of town, she went out of her way to squeeze in a tasting on one of our trips AND made time for another so we could taste other menu options later. If you want great food with no drama, Just a Taste is the way to go.

Sent on 09/29/2016

Taylor · Married on 09/12/2015

Ok, yum. I hired Liz and her crew to cater my wedding at The Woodlands, and let me just say that every single thing they made was mouth watering delicious. Liz is great, as is her crew! They are so friendly and help out in any way they can. We did not have to worry about anything as they were obviously knowledgeable, accommodating, and professional So many people told us that the food was some of the best they'd ever had at a wedding. They also pack up all of the leftovers for you to bring home AND they make plates for you and your significant other to eat after the wedding so that you can actually eat some of it, since you barely have time to eat during the actual event. All in all, they hit it out of the park.

Sent on 09/17/2015

My husband and I are huge "foodies", it was the most important part of the reception to us. Liz did an awesome job with the catering, all our guests were impressed with the food and so were we! All her staff were kind and easy to work with and Liz made sure everything was perfect down to the last detail.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Natalie · Married on 12/14/2013

Definitely choose Just a Taste Catering for your wedding! We loved it! Liz and her team are amazing. We are so grateful that we went with Just a taste catering. We changed wedding venues a week before the wedding and Liz was just so helpful with everything. She even brought in one of her friends who is a wedding planner and they had super creative ideas to add to our decoration. Liz is really thoughtful and easy going! Her food is delicious and our guests were impressed. I 100% recommend just a taste catering. Natalie & Nathan

Sent on 12/22/2013

Casey · Married on 07/13/2013

Liz and her team from Just A Taste Catering weren’t just our caterers they felt like old friends. Liz was born to be a chef and her love of cooking and catering weddings shine through in her food. To say her cooking is delicious would be an understatement and my guests agreed. I lost count how many guests commented that we did not serve normal “wedding food”. Liz took the time to get to know us and on the day our wedding she went above and beyond. My husband and I will always be grateful. I cannot express my appreciation and the impressive, intuitive service, the deliciousness of the food, and the love and support felt from Liz and her crew. They were amazing and I enthusiastically recommend Just A Taste Catering to EVERYONE!!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Skyler · Married on 09/08/2012

Liz and her team were amazing! The food was beautiful and delicious! And a great price.

Sent on 01/28/2013

Liz · Married on 08/22/2015

I loved working with Chef Liz. The food was delicious, we got a lot of compliments on it, and the price was great. The staff seemed completely on top of things, for example, bringing us a plate of hors d'oeuvres before we even realized we wouldn't have time to get them ourselves. Chef Liz even lent a hand with our clean up while she was there picking up her supplies. There are a lot of things I would do differently if could plan my wedding all over again, but I wouldn't hesitate to book Chef Liz again.

Sent on 09/09/2015

Liz and her team were wonderful! They put my mind at ease from the beginning and I knew she would do a good job. The food at the wedding exceeded my expectations! The presentation was beautiful and all our guests were raving about the delicious food. I would recommend "Just a Taste" to anyone! In my opinion, Liz is the best caterer in the Bozeman area.

Sent on 06/01/2015

Sara · Married on 09/06/2014

Liz and her team were calm and collected through our entire wedding planning process. Since we live in Oregon, we had to plan the wedding day remotely which was a little nerve racking. I immediately felt confident in Liz to create tastey dishes and a beautiful presentation. Just A Taste followed through beautifully with a diverse and flavorful meal (vegetarian style) that even our cattle rancher guests loved. As soon as they arrived at the venue, they put any worries at ease, and as a bride on her wedding day, that means the world. Thank you all for your lovely work. If I had it to do all over again, I would absolutely choose Just A Taste.

Sent on 12/18/2014
  • Kara

Kara · Married on 08/05/2012

3.5

Chef Liz is absolutely amazing. Originally, we were deciding between Just a Taste and another place in Bozeman, and we're so happy that we went with Just a Taste. Her menus are really creative, and she seems so invested in the weddings that she caters. Of all of my vendors, I felt like Liz was just as excited about making my day perfect and unique as I was. The food was fabulous, and all of our "big city" guests were so impressed with the quality, attention to detail and presentation, and flavor coming from a chef in Montana. I would highly, highly recommend Just a Taste!

Sent on 08/14/2012
  • User4951912 · 2+ years ago

Liz from Just a Taste was a dream to work with! The food was simply amazing, and I got multiple compliments from our guests throughout the night about how good the food was. Appetizers, dinner, and late night snacks were all set up on time, and they even cut and served the cakes that were made by another vendor. I highly recommend Just a Taste to anyone planning a Bozeman wedding.

Sent on 09/24/2015