163 Reviews for Jump Start DJ's

Sound/PA System (10)
Consultation (9)
Uplighting (9)
Photobooth (3)

We were very pleased with DJ Chris Delgado! He was so helpful with keeping us on schedule and very friendly and professional. We would highly recommend Jump Start DJ’s!

Profile Picture Karli, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Love, LOVE this vendor! They did an amazing job from our first interaction. Chris is very efficient and seemed to be available by email any time, any day. He was very personable and stayed in contact during the entire year from the first time we spoke until a couple days before the wedding to ensure no questions or problems. Tim our DJ was awesome! He was high energy and kept the night going. We received a lot of compliments! Also loved having a photo booth organized by them, no extra work or stress for us. Everyone had a blast at our wedding and it wouldnt have been the same without Jump Start! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Natalie, 3/3/18, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Chris was super helpful and flexible. My husband and I are fairly simple and didn’t have a certain style or taste in mind. Chris really helped us fill in the gaps so that not only us, but all of our family and friends had a great night.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My guests and I were so impressed with our DJ on Saturday.

I have gotten so many compliments on what a great job he did and I have never seen so many people so consistently on the dance floor!

I know a DJ can make or break a wedding and I give a lot of credit to ours for keeping everything so fun! I am so happy that Jumpstart has lived up to their excellent reputation.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris was a delight to work with! He was helpful from the start of our process of simply finding the right DJ for our wedding. The moment I first spoke with him, he was invested in finding a match for us, turns out it was him :) We FaceTimed a few times and met in person once, and he was incredibly receptive and quick with response; he even helped us on pricing. My wife had always wanted a band, I had wanted a DJ. Chris can do it all! He provided both some live music, specifically for our first dance, and was an amazing and fun DJ. He made it a priority to give us what we wanted and what we always saw ourselves having. Our guests were very happy with the music that was played and how much he tried to give everyone what they requested. I'd definitely recommend Jump Start DJs to anyone.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We wanted to be really careful in our search for a DJ. We looked around for weeks and took different references for DJ companies. We had a good feeling about Jump Start DJ's. We met with Chris, who was great to talk to and he gave us all the information that we needed. He contacted us throughout and made sure to answer any questions that I had. Our DJ for the wedding was Hunter. We could not have asked for a better DJ. He was kind, willing to be flexible, yet always keeping the timeline in mind. The party went the entire night and there was rarely a time when the dance floor was not full. Everybody that we talked to complimented on the great music that we had. We would definitely recommend Jump Start DJs and Hunter to anyone who asks!

Profile Picture Rebekah, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris was the best DJ I could've ever imagined for our wedding. Chris played all our favorite songs, he catered to our older crowds and younger crowds. He kept the dance floor packed and his acoustic sets made our reception unique. We received so many compliments from our guests saying our DJ was simply amazing and the funnest reception they have ever been to, and the comments came from a variety of ages. You will not be disappointed when booking Jump Start DJ's.

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

I highly suggest Jump Start DJ's. Their team is great at communicating and confirming all the details for your day. They also have a nicely organized website where you can request all your songs and plan out your timeline ahead of time. On our wedding night, the DJ assigned to us (Tim) really kept the party going. He was flexible with any changes we had throughout the night, was very entertaining, and the quality of the sound system and music he played was great! I had numerous people come up to me to tell me how impressed they were with Tim and requesting his contact information. I couldn't have asked for a better DJ for my wedding or better communication with the owner, Chris, behind the scenes. Thank you!

Profile Picture Kayla, 8/19/17, 1 Review

Awesome Night!

Chris Delgado rocks! We knew from first conversation with Chris that he was the DJ for us. Chris made the whole process stress free for us with his professionalism and excellent communication. Chris provided a unique experience with a combination of acoustic music during cocktail hour and a mix of acoustic and DJ during our reception which was exactly what we had hoped for. Chris was very easy to work with and his style and flexibility help ensure the entire night was perfect. Chris did a great job reading the crowd, getting people on the dance floor, and keeping the energy up all night. Thanks Chris for making our night very special!

Profile Picture C, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

We had an amazing experience with Jumpstart DJ's. Our originally dj we had booked for our wedding bailed on us and We were only a few months away from our wedding and Jumpstart was able to give me everything I wanted in a dj. Our dj was nick and he was super helpful and did an amazing job at our reception as well. He was very good about keeping events moving along throughout the night and was also very professional as well!

Profile Picture Janell, 8/5/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Uplighting

Chris Delgado, owner of Jump Start DJ's was our DJ for our ceremony and wedding at the Grand Rapids Public Museum. He absolutely made our day complete and did such an amazing job! We were so thankful for all that he did and the event turned out just perfect! Also, when he was playing his guitar and singing live, people were amazed!!! Chris did such a fantastic job and would highly recommend him to any bride! Not only did Chris come highly recommended from my co-worker and another friend of mine, after our wedding, I found out he was the DJ for a couple other friends' weddings and everyone was just amazed at his talent.

Profile Picture Bethany, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

After seeing and hearing about a friend's great experience with jump start DJs a couple years prior, we decided to go with them for our wedding. We are so happy we did! They were super easy to communicate with and very helpful. Nick kept the party going all night long!

Profile Picture Amanda, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely love Jump Start DJ's! I worked with Chris on the payments and booking and he was wonderful. He was always available and answered all the questions I had. During out initial booking we met with Chris and discussed everything we wanted in a DJ and he did not disappoint us. We had an incredible DJ, Joseph, that kept the party alive and was very personable. He got to know my husband and I and understood exactly what we wanted. He played the perfect music and our guests loved how much he interacted with them. I was extremely picky when it came to a DJ because they can make or break your wedding and I am SOOO happy we chose Jump Start DJ's. They exceeded our expectations and made our wedding wonderful!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 7/8/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jump Start DJ's did an excellent job at our wedding! Our DJ did a great job of reading our crowd, and the dance floor was never empty! Communication prior to the wedding was top-notch! Jump Start DJ's make sure to supply the music and atmosphere that their clients want! Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Kelsey, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Jump Start DJs was great to work with! They had a very easy to use site to select songs, special dances, etc. Our DJ Tim was wonderful and kept us on schedule. I would highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Lisa, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were lucky enough to have Chris as our DJ. He really felt out our crowd and kept the dance floor alive with music that we and our guests were loving! He was receptive to timing suggestions in the moment and coordinated things well with the other vendors! We also booked a photo booth which was a total hit -- we LOVE the keepsake book of pictures! We are so happy to have booked Jump Start DJs!

Profile Picture Elliot, 6/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Photobooth, Uplighting, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Jump Start DJ's was awesome! They were fun, easy to work with, and the music was great! We received so many compliments from our guests, and I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a DJ for their wedding! :)

Profile Picture Rebecca, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

They kept the dance floor alive all night. Tim did a great job of gauging the crowd and keeping everyone involved. They did an absolutely fantastic job.

Profile Picture Joshua, 5/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

We loved having Jump Start DJs for our wedding reception. We had a DJ as well as the photo booth, and both were awesome (if you're on the fence about getting a photo booth or haven't considered it, definitely do it!).

Chris was really flexible and easy to communicate with throughout the whole process, and always very helpful. We were able to pick "love", "like" and "do not play" songs on their website, which was convenient for us. It took a little bit to understand how the site worked, but was overall a nice feature.

Our actual day of DJ, Tim, was really good about working with us. I was able to text him with last minute requests the week leading up to the wedding, which was great since we had plenty of other things stressing us out that week. Tim did a great job of keeping the reception moving along smoothly, and improvising when needed.

Our photo booth was a hit with our guests, and we loved that we got full size digital copies of all the pictures that we could share with everyone. It was also nice that they brought along a box of props (there were a LOT) to use in addition to the ones we had. It would have been helpful for us to know ahead of time that they were providing them, but it was okay since we had some pretty funny ones we were excited to have out (shake weight from goodwill, who would have known it would be such a hit).

Overall, great experience! Wish we could do it over again.

Profile Picture Heidi, 5/13/17, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jump Start DJs is absolutely incredible! My husband and I chose them to DJ our wedding in June and we made a great decision. We live in Florida and had our wedding in Michigan where I am from. From the first meeting to our wedding reception, Jump Start was 100% professional and made us feel relaxed and excited for our wedding. JS helped us stay organized by providing a planning chart, song list, and event timeline that was easily accessed online. Through their wide variety of songs we could select what we wanted played at our rustic, vintage themed wedding. JS contacted my husband and I during our engagement to keep in touch and get a feel and understanding for how our reception would be run. The day of the wedding, Chris was our DJ. Chris arrived at the venue in a timely and organized fashion. He set equipment up, took equipment down, and was our MC for the evening. Chris took charge and allowed us to enjoy our evening WORRY FREE!!! Not only did we have a blast at our wedding, but our guests did too. When the night ended no one wanted to leave, everyone wanted more! I highly recommended Jump Start DJs for any event!! Did I mention Jump Start is extremely affordably priced! Thank you Chris, Thank you Jump Start!

Profile Picture Jessica, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We had a fantastic experience with Jumpstart DJs for our Ann Arbor wedding. Chris, the owner, is responsive, fun, professional, and shows genuine interest in making your event run smoothly. The music library is extensive and well organized. We received tons compliments on the music from our guests. Chris is truly able to read the crowd to keep people on the dance floor. We also loved having some acoustic music played. It made for an awesome night!

Profile Picture Anne, 3/25/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris (the owner) and our DJ, Nick, were very concerned with the vibe we were trying to go for. Nick NAILED it! I am very impressed with how tailored our wedding music was to us as a couple and to my older relatives too.

Profile Picture Emily, 12/31/16, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris with Jump Start DJ's was great to work with. He provided us with information to plan our evening and he worked with us to make sure that he played the music we loved. He went above and beyond my expectations for our wedding. On the night of the wedding, he kept the party going by playing great music and entertained our guests. All of guests commented on how great the music was and how much fun they had.

Profile Picture User6801458, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Chris was absolutely incredible and made the night so easy for my husband and I to enjoy. We would 100% recommend him to anyone. He knew how to get people up and dancing and when to play the right songs.

Profile Picture User5504927, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews