18 Reviews for Julie Michelle Cakes

Consultations (3)
Cupcakes (1)
Fresh Fruit (1)
18 Julie Michelle Cakes Reviews

Julie Michelle Cakes, words can't express our experience. From meeting Julie at the cake tasting is an experience to Julie designing our perfect wedding cake, she is a producer that makes the experience fun and engaging. We knew from the first moment our biggest day was in the best hands. Our cake exceeded our expectations and became the centerpiece of our reception. Our guests raved about the beauty and how delicious, we chose each of our favorite flavors....red velvet and a vanilla bean chocolate ganache.....both were tasted and loved! I would recommend Julie Michelle to anyone looking for an extrodernary experience from start to finish.

Profile Picture BARBARA, 7/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Julie is the most talented and creative wedding cake artist I have ever seen. You can tell there is passion in her heart, and she truly makes you feel like such a special bride! She invited us to a cake tasting, and my husband, family, and I were blown away by how AMAZING her cakes and fillings were. I was clueless when it came to how I wanted my cake to be designed, but Julie took my ideas and made it a masterpiece! Our guests were raving about how amazing the cake was. A huge shout out to Julie for creating the wedding cake of our dreams!! Brides - if you are looking for a beautiful, custom, delicious wedding cake - Stop here. Julie Michelle Cakes is the place for you!!

Profile Picture Robyn, 1/27/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

We absolutely loved Julie Michelle Cakes. She did a wonderful job making our expectations reality. The cake was wonderful and our guest said it was the best wedding cake they have had! We would definitely recommend and will use her in the future!

Profile Picture Janay, 9/30/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

Thank you Julie for making our jaws literally drop when we saw our wedding cake! You are so talented and we are speechless when describing how perfect our cake was. Every guest was commenting how they've never seen such an elegant cake before. Julie took our ideas and turned them into a masterpiece. My husband and I are obsessed with Oreos, so Julie created an Oreo filling for us. She helped us design the cake of our dreams and we are so thankful!

Profile Picture Tabby, 9/23/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Let me start by saying that Julie was so GREAT to work with!
I had so much to do with planning a wedding in 7 short months, that designing a wedding cake was a task too big for me to handle! So I explained my vision to her, and she created such an amazing cake for us! There were nothing but compliments on the aesthetics AND the flavors of the cake!
If you choose Julie- you will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Sara, 7/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

Loved meeting and doing the cake tasting with Julie! She is located in the Starline Factory and she has a great relationship with the venue allowing no additional charge to use her cupcakes (Starline has a rule that any outside cupcakes are an additional $2 fee/cupcake, so thank goodness her desserts are delicious!) We wanted to do cupcakes for about 220 people and have our own smaller cake to cut and the bridal party would share that cake. We also did a mix and match of the red velvet, chocolate, and banana cake flavors with cream cheese, Nutella, and peanut butter frostings. Our cake was a 6 " cake with lemon and boysenberry buttercream. She made additional cupcakes in these flavors too and they were everyone's favorite! The cake was beautiful with a gold shimmer ombre effect which was gorgeous! Julie was very professional and replied quickly with every email. If your wedding/event is at the Starline Factory, you would be just crazy not to go with her!

Profile Picture Alison, 6/10/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I cannot possibly describe in words how wonderful it was to work with Julie in planning for our perfect wedding cake. Due to long-distance planning, I was quick to jump into a contract with Julie via telephone to ensure she would be available for our date. She was organized, receptive, professional, and most of all, she shared our excitement and had fun with us throughout the creative process. Our tasting at her beautiful shop blew us away! Her cake and buttercream flavors are unique, but mostly, they're absolutely delicious. We decided on chocolate cake, each slice with three buttercream flavors-- peanut butter, espresso, and champagne! We had multiple guests, including our catering coordinator, tell us it was the best wedding cake they'd ever tasted. And we agree! Lastly, I want to stress how wholeheartedly she throws herself into the design you're envisioning for your day. She has the creative eye and the skillful hands to execute your dream cake!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 5/27/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

What an amazing idea to have cotton candy at your wedding. I was so excited for it and everyone kept talking about how much they loved it. We had six different flavors! Such a fun thing and what a great company to work with. They made everything so easy.

Profile Picture Maddy, 4/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

After meeting with Julie to discuss the cake (at our own home) we did not talk to any other people She offered such a wide variety of offerings. I didn't know there were that many cake options I called her many times to increase the number of people attending and she had no problem adjusting our order. The cake was beautiful! I would highly recommend "julie michelle cakes".

Profile Picture Renee, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

After having two different people recommend Julie, I knew I had to check her out for myself for cake and cupcakes for my wedding. They were right, she is AMAZING and one of the nicest people I have ever met! Not to mention her cakes, fillings, and frostings are seriously some of the best I have ever tasted, it was so hard to make our final selections. I would highly recommend her to anyone for her professionalism, kindness, helpfulness, and willingness to go out of her way to make your wedding dreams possible!!! Secret gem of Harvard, IL! Thanks for everything Julie, I'll miss working with you!

Profile Picture Amanda , 10/1/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We love Julie! Plus, her cakes are AWESOME! We had such a great time choosing flavors at the tasting and she is truly so sweet.

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/17/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

Julie Michelle Cakes was wonderful. Julie is super kind and was really accommodating to mine and my husbands needs as we were both deployed when we chose JMC. When we returned home from deployment we did a cake testing at her great place and everything that we tasted was absolutely wonderful, we had a very hard time deciding what we wanted. We ended up with 150 cupcake and a two tier cake. For our cupcake selections we had a simple vanilla with vanilla frosting, red velvet with cream cheese, and chocolate with chocolate frostings, to make sure we met all guest likes. For our two tier we had a buttercream frosting with chocolate ganache, espresso ganache and chocolate, it was incredible. All of our guest raved about the cake and cupcakes and I cannot wait until our first anniversary to eat the cake again. It was wonderful and if we lived in Illinois instead of Virginia I would definitely go there for all my cake and cupcake needs. Thanks JMC!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/9/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cupcakes

We had the BEST experience Julie Michelle Cakes!! My finance and I brought my parents to her shop and had the most memorable and delicious cake testing...in fact it’s one of my top memories of the whole wedding planning process. Julie’s space is beyond adorable, and she made everything so personal and special. The toughest part of the experience was having to choose which flavors to go with, though we never felt rushed, and Julie even took time to make some additional options for us we hadn’t selected originally. All of her ingredients were so fresh and original, and the cake was absolutely stunning on the big day. We loved our cake so much were purchasing another (smaller version) for our 1 year anniversary.

Profile Picture Emily , 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with Julie was an absolute pleasure from start to finish. She was extremely professional via email and meeting her at our cake tasting was a delight. She has such a warm way about her, when we left the tasting I was sad we didn't get to spend more time together. Not only is she wonderful, her cakes are ridiculous. We had a naked cake that was so beautiful and individualized to exactly what we had talked about. And not to mention how insanely delicious it was! My husband and I have different tastes in cakes so Julie was able to alternate the cake and filling per tier. Julie and her cakes are as good as it gets!

Profile Picture Maggie, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

It was such a pleasure working with Julie! The tasting was lovely (she even made us fresh coffee) and the cake/cupcakes were a hit at the wedding! Truly wonderful person and yummy cake!

Profile Picture amanda, 6/12/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We heard about Julie Michelle Cakes through our wedding venue and booked an appointment to have a cake tasting with her. We met with her and she was just so easy to work with and not to mention very nice. We went with a chocolate cake with a champagne buttercream which was outstanding, probably the best cake I ever had. Julie was so easy to work with and we highly recommend Julie Michelle Cakes for your wedding!

Profile Picture Jessica, 1/16/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes

Julie Michelle Cakes is a must for your wedding! We knew right from the cake tasting that she was the perfect choice. I still rave about the cake tasting to friends who have recently gotten engaged. Julie helped make my cake dreams come true! We had a hazelnut cake with white chocolate hazelnut, boysenberry, and espresso filling. It was delicious! We even had a guest come up to us and say that he is not a fan of cake and didn't even eat cake at his own wedding but ate two pieces of our cake! Julie was great to work with and even made two small specialty cakes for the brunch the next day to help celebrate my mom's birthday. She's still raving about how delicious they were! We highly recommend Julie Michelle Cakes for your wedding/event/sweet tooth craving!!

Profile Picture User4524662, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

When it came to finding our wedding cake, I became a total bridezilla. I planned our wedding in Lockport from afar here in Florida and finding a cake was the hardest outstanding task. No one had the care or quality ingredients I was looking for...and I'm not kidding when I say I contacted just about any and every option in Chicagoland! I did numerous tastings at bakeries when I came into town and had no luck.

That all changed when I found Julie Michelle Cakes. I placed the utmost of trust in Julie as I did not have the option to visit her location to do a tasting. After speaking with her, I could tell would bake and create our cake as if it was for her own family event. I knew immediately from her gorgeous creations on her website that she would understand the simple perfection I was looking for. She created the perfect wedding cake with tiers of white rustic buttercream and edible gold foil. We mixed in some fresh florals to add to the simple elegance. The cake was EXACTLY what I had imagined for our wedding -- Julie absolutely nailed the execution. Our cake tasted just as wonderful as it looked too! We had a fresh tasting lemon cake paired with alternating layers of fresh raspberries with buttercream and a champagne buttercream. It was supremely divine!!

The looks, the taste...this is what cake dreams are made of. A wedding cake is such a huge tradition and it was very important to me that this be a showpiece that represented my husband and I. Our memory of cake cutting on the dance floor is one of our favorites. I would do it all over again with Julie Michelle Cakes!! I highly, highly recommend Julie Michelle Cakes. She provides a personal touch that you certainly can't find just anywhere -- and that is priceless.

Profile Picture Rachel, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes