Julie Dietz Photography Reviews

Julie Dietz Photography 5
Julie Dietz Photography 6
Julie Dietz Photography 7

Stephanie · Getting married on 05/25/2019

Julie was an absolute delight to work with on our engagement shoot. From when we initiated the conversation with her and right up to when we received our photos; Julie was professional, pleasant and wonderful. She provided us with timely feedback whenever we reached out to her for questions and radiated with warmth and positivity in every correspondence and conversation.

The day of our engagement shoot was hot and humid; as we all know, these two do not create a good mix! Throughout our session, Julie was a trooper who kept us going. She had an eye for the perfect shot and captured us perfectly. We are incredibly happy with our photos and could not have been happier knowing Julie put a lot of hard work into them. Looking at our photos is a testament to how talented Julie is and how much care she puts into every session; she is dedicated to ensuring her clients are happy and we are definitely very happy! We highly recommend Julie if you are planning on having your shoot in or around the Chicagoland area.

Thank you for all of your hard work, Julie! We can only hope that we have the opportunity to work with you again in the near future!

Love, Tony and Stephanie

Sent on 07/09/2018
    Julie Dietz Photography 8

Julie Dietz Photography's reply:

Thank you, Stephanie and Tony! What a great review, and you can turn it around on yourselves because you two were TROOPERS! You battled the heat with grace and smiles on your faces. I hope you have a beautiful wedding, and I also hope to work with you both again in the future. <3

Kate Rusnak · Married on 10/27/2018

Absolutely perfect!

Julie, made our whole day run smoothly. She was great to work with ahead of the date with coordinating times/places/must have photos and an absolute pleasure to have around on our day. She is very friendly, organized, responsive, timely, and professional. She made us comfortable from our first meeting, to our engagement shots and day of our wedding. She was great to help with planning the details and talking things through. The photos are stunning and she was able to get all the shots I had requested with ease and without me even realizing we were checking things off the list. I have nothing but rave reviews for Julie! If you need a photographer, don’t hesitate go with Julie! We had someone in our bridal party contact her within a week to do some maternity shots. She’s wonderful!

Michael Shay · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Quality Photography

Julie was excellent. She did an incredible job organizing our families and friends to get the pictures we wanted. She was friendly, professional and nice in the way she did this, not bossy like some photographers we have experienced at other weddings. The photos speak for themselves. She has an excellent eye and I honestly think these are some of the best wedding photos I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing quality and service. 5 stars and even this review are not enough to describe how great she was. Going with anyone else would be a mistake in my opinion.

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2018

Julie is a joy to work with

Julie Dietz did our engagement and wedding photographs, and she was phenomenal. She helped set my day-of timeline, had great location suggestions, was extremely responsive and kept us on schedule. I always felt confident in Julie's vision and expertise. Her work speaks for itself.
    I could not recommend Julie Dietz enough!

Julie Dietz Photography 9
    Julie Dietz Photography 10
    Julie Dietz Photography 11

Tamara · Married on 08/04/2018

Julie was an amazing professional and fun person to make our engagement session so memorial. Extremely pleased with the photos and her ability to work with our dog in the photos as well!

Charlean · Married on 07/29/2018

Julie was very easy to work with and flexible. We came to Chicago from out of town to take our engagement pictures, and had to push the time back twice. Julie still made it work and our pictures came out beautiful!

Shayna · Married on 06/30/2018

Julie was incredible! My husband and I are so glad that we chose her to be our wedding photographer. From the first time we talked with her on the phone she made us feel so comfortable and like she understood what we were looking for. When we met her on the day of our wedding it felt like we had known her forever. Our wedding day was about 95 degrees with 90% humidity and we took photos outside... Julie did an excellent job keeping things moving along and had a great eye for where and when to shoot. She was incredibly professional, positive, supportive, and really helped bring out the best in us. She found beautiful spots for photos and made sure everyone was doing ok in the heat. Throughout the whole night Julie was unobtrusive but still ended up with fabulous photos. She was also very flexible and stayed late when the evening ran a little long. We were thrilled with the images we received and were very impressed by the turn around time. Overall, we cannot recommend Julie enough. She was wonderful from start to finish, made everyone feel instantly comfortable, and captured our wedding perfectly.

Julie Dietz Photography 12
    Julie Dietz Photography 13

Charlotte · Married on 06/16/2018

Writing this review I'm realizing that my husband and I already knew we would love Julie's photographs because we had seen her work on her website. Now that our wedding is over I also see the importance of having someone with her professionalism and steady calmness around during the whirlwind of our wedding day. Julie did such a beautiful job with our photographs and capturing the special moments throughout the day! Thankfully she knew the city where we were getting married well, and actually picked out a nice area for our first look pictures. To me this was going the extra mile. We would have never known about it otherwise. The time leading up to the wedding she was always available to discuss anything about the wedding day and the photos to be taken. The day of the wedding she did such a nice job taking care of everything during the photoshoots of the wedding parties and family shots. She was organized and willing to deal with the extreme heat with a smile. She has clearly been doing this for so long that when I was starting to worry and stress about timing its like she would read my mind and simply state, "Just so you know we are totally fine on timing." She completely put me at ease.

Steve · Married on 06/16/2018

Julie was unbelievable. Coordinated, organized, professional, creative and efficient. Things could not have gone smoother, and we'd highly recommend her to anyone who prefers their photos to be amazing.

Elihu · Married on 06/09/2018

Julie was amazing to work with. She was professional, and she made my fiancee and I feel really comfortable even though posing can feel a little awkward. She had great ideas and she clearly has a great eye. We also had the final pictures in less time than we thought we would. Thanks for everything, Julie!

Nicole · Married on 06/02/2018

We absolutely loved Julie and could not be more thrilled with our photos! She was very organized, helped direct the chaos that was our family and friends all while capturing all of our specific asks. She was a pleasure to work with and we hope she will capture more memories of ours in the future. Thank you again, so much for everything, Julie!

Kris & Lily · Married on 05/25/2018

Wow! What can I say, Julie is absolutely amazing! She was one of the easiest and best decisions we made in planning our destination wedding. When getting married there are so many things to think about and some that are just completely out of your control. Pictures are definitely that special something that all you can do is hope that they are perfect! Julie delivered on everything we could've imagined and more. We were absolutely speechless and in awe of her professionalism, dedication, and quality of service. My wife was blown away about how confident and comfortable Julie made her feel! There was NOT ONE SINGLE picture or moment that was missed. Her communication was timely, clear, and concise. Her price is too humble for the quality. She carries an extremely awesome and unique quality in that she just becomes a subtle part of the party, while capturing the most intimate moments. So many of our pictures made my wife and I say, "wait, she was right there too?" So many candid moments were captured and we couldn't have asked for more. Her easy going nature, worked like a charm around the kids that were involved in the wedding. We never felt like she was "working", but every time we looked up there's Julie capturing more unique moments and details that we couldn't have expected. Julie is simply THE BEST! My lovely wife and I couldn't have made a better decision than to have her become a part of our special day! Thank you Julie!
    -Kris & Lily

Julie Dietz Photography 14

Matt · Married on 05/12/2018

Working with Julie for our big day was everything we could have asked for in a photographer! Leading up to our big day, Julie was prompt, detailed, easy to contact. Julie made sure she she knew exactly what we were looking for and delivered. On the day of our wedding, she was easy to work with, professional, and timely. Julie delivered great quality photos capturing the memories of our big day! Would absolutely recommend Julie to newlyweds-to-be!

Alex · Married on 04/27/2018

Julie is the best, wouldn't want anyone else to photograph our wedding!

Alli · Married on 04/27/2018

Julie is great! I have and will always recommend her to anyone looking for a photographer! I have never seen a bad shot, and love working with her through the process. Easy, friendly, and always great photography!

Craig · Married on 12/01/2017

Julie was fantastic to work with - highly recommend her for any event.

Michael · Married on 08/11/2017

Julie did an amazing job, especially because she did our entire wedding while 8 months pregnant (congrats!). We were able to get all the shots we needed, and she even helped us figure out how to cut our cake (we never rehearsed that part). Thank you Julie. We recommend her 100%

Michele · Married on 08/11/2017

Julie was a dream photographer for our wedding. A friend of mine, who was very happy with the work Julie did for her wedding, recommended Julie to us. I viewed her photos and loved them instantly. My husband and I still interviewed and considered other photographers, but no one else compared in terms of quality. Furthermore, Julie is pleasant and a joy to work with. She's very professional, very accommodating, and she made me feel comfortable, both in the planning stages and on our wedding day. You can trust her to capture the biggest and most candid moments of your all-important day. We are so happy with our photos and pass along our highest recommendations. Thank you, Julie!

Kara · Married on 07/22/2017

Julie is great - she makes you feel at ease right away and is so easy to work with. Our engagement pictures came out beautiful!

Eric · Married on 07/22/2017

We had Julie shoot our wedding and engagement photos. Simply put she is the best! She captured all the right moments and the pictures turned out incredible. A lot of fun to work with too!

Annie · Married on 07/15/2017

I knew Julie from college so naturally I had her in mind when it came to choosing a photographer for our wedding. Throughout the entire process, Julie was incredibly helpful, energetic, and seemed to have a clear vision. She was very professional in helping us select what we required for the day of, suggesting shots, and communicating up to the big day.
    The day of our wedding went very smoothly in big part due to Julie's direction, vision, and calm demeanor.
    Keep in mind she was doing all of this in 80 degree and in her final weeks of pregnancy! She was a champ!
    She was quick, focused, and organized during our family shots. And during the ceremony and reception she took some fabulous candid shots while practically being unnoticed.
    The photos speak for themselves. She truly captured the joy and love from the day! She has encapsulated one of the most important days of our lives and we couldn't be happier with the result! I highly recommend Julie for any event and look forward to working with her again in the future!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Julie Dietz Photography's reply:

Thank you so much, Annie! This means a lot to me. I had so much fun working with you two and your gorgeous event & venue. <3

Lily · Married on 06/10/2017

Julie did a great job with our engagement photos! We always seemed to end up with goofy pictures of us in the past, but Julie managed to stay un-silly while still capturing our personalities. Also, I worried posing for photos would be awkward, but it was totally fun.

Nicole · Married on 04/30/2017

Julie did both our engagement and wedding photography. We were extremely happy with her work and so much so that we have had her do pictures of our twins and our family recently. She is great at capturing wonderful moments and getting the perfect shot. We highly recommend her!

Megan · Married on 10/15/2016

My husband and I used Julie Dietz for our engagement pictures. She was great to work with during our session and the photos turned out excellent. I've never received so many compliments on pictures before. Julie is a true artist and the best in the area!

We already have another photo session booked with her!