Julie Allen Bridals Reviews

167 Reviews for Julie Allen Bridals

• Amy

Amy · Married on 04/07/2019

Everything and more

I had an amazing experience with Julie Allen Bridals. I had the pleasure of visiting the store when looking for my twin sister's wedding dress and knew I'd be going to the same place for my own. Every single person there is kind, caring, and compassionate. Admittedly, I was not excited about dress shopping on the first trip. I don't like to be the center of attention, didn't have a good idea of what I wanted, and wasn't confident that I would find THE dress that day or anytime soon. Melanie was so kind and patient with me throughout the process. After a few try-ons -- as we were about to leave -- she and her daughter pulled the most beautiful Kitty Chen dress that they thought would fit my style (with the very little information I gave them). I loved the dress as soon as I saw it. When I started going to fittings, it got even better. The seamstress is such a sweet and talented woman, and she made the process so easy and tailored the dress beautifully to fit my body and preferences. I can't say enough about this bridal shop. I felt so beautiful and comfortable each time I was there and had such a positive experience.

Sent on 04/23/2019

Amanda B. · Married on 10/12/2018

Absolutely amazing!

I could not have chosen a better bridal shop to find my dream dress! I went in with my mind set on a certain look and color and left with something completely different. The staff there knew exactly what would be perfect for me and it was!! I cried the first time I put my dress on! The staff is all so friendly and caring. I highly recommend Julie Allen’s to everyone looking for their dream dress!

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • F

Fallon · Married on 09/01/2018

A fantastic Bridal Boutique. Great selection of Bridal Dresses, Bridesmaid Dresses and Special Occasion Dresses and accessories. I could not begin to say enough about good things about this boutique. I found the perfect wedding dress and went back a second time for a special occasion dress. The attention to detail and professionalism on the part of Melanie and her staff is nothing less than incredible! My mother traveled from NYC to this boutique and said it was well worth the trip. You will definitely find what you are looking for here.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Stephanie · Married on 07/21/2018

I went into Julie Allen today with one of my bridesmaids to begin the search for bridesmaids dresses. We had a great experience here! All of the saleswomen were eager to help and they all checked in with us and worked as a team as we tried on dresses. We had an opportunity to try all the dresses we were interested in. There was never any pressure to decide on anything or purchase anything in that moment. Overall, a very positive experience, and I left feeling much more confident in my vision for my bridesmaids. Thank you!

Sent on 11/24/2017
  • Caitlin

Caitlin · Married on 07/21/2018

Made finding the perfect dress fun and stress free!

Very professional. Had one on one help. Found the dress that I loved! Order it, came in on time. Do alterations in the store. Steemed my veil. Even put my dress in my car. Would go there again!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • BoudreauToBe

Mary · Married on 07/20/2018

I loved my experience with Julie Allen. I went in 2017 to purchase a dress for my 2018 wedding. Jessica made me feel so comfortable during the shopping experience and listened to all of my thoughts and requests. I ended up purchasing the first dress I tried on!

I picked Julie Allen because of the range of designers they carried, and their policy of a $295 fee for alterations. I needed some extra work, so it ended up costing $345, which is hundreds less than what my friends have paid. Cathleen was so professional during alterations and I left feeling like she was my family. I would recommend Julie Allen to anyone!

Sent on 08/02/2018

Sharon · Married on 06/02/2018

I came into the store with so much anxiety about picking out a dress and was so sure I’d end up just picking something up at Macy’s. The ladies there were so supportive and understanding and made me feel so comfortable. They were so flexible and so accommodating with my schedule when it came to fittings. Selection was also amazing, I wanted all the dresses! Thanks guys!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Stacie · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so happy I found this place and I will recommended everyone to go see Jess. This was my first stop to try on wedding dresses (I am a very anxious person) Jessica made me feel so comfortable and made my family feel welcome. I told her the type of style I had in mind and seriously I love all the dresses she pulled for me (and there were a lot). Never once did I feel rushed in fact I asked her if I was taking too much of her time which she replied no I wasn't. She pulled a dress for me that stood out than others but I didn't want to say yes to the dress at the first place I went to without giving other places a try first. Well it only took me to go to 2 other places to realize there isn't any other place I would want to get a dress from than Julie Allen. After being told from other places that the style of my dress wouldn't work for my body type, my family being treated unkindly, and being told by someone they didn't want to waste their time with me if I already feel in love with a dress I called Julie Allen right away and of course they were able to get me an appointment with the person I wanted on the day I wanted it on. It was just a plus that representatives from the designer I was going to by my dress from was on site that day to help answer any questions. Jess and Melanie were so helpful to the point where my mother asked about mother of the brides dresses. Melanie pulled one dress after listening to my mom and what she wanted and it was perfect. My mom and I both said yes to our dresses on the same day. It was a great experience - I can't wait to know look at bridesmaids dresses, I am sure they will be just as helpful picking the perfect dress for my bridesmaids also. it is worth the visit you will not be disappointed they have a wide range of styles that I'm sure anyone will be able to find something they love. Thank you again Jessica and Melanie! I am still smiling!!

Sent on 02/25/2017

Shauna · Married on 04/20/2018

I cannot thank the staff at Julie Allen enough for all that they did in helping me choose my wedding dress. I had been pressured into buying a dress that I didn’t love at a different location, and was heartbroken. About 7 months before my wedding, I made an appointment at Julie Allen to see if they could help. They got me in for an appointment quickly, and could not have been more understanding and sweet. They helped me find my dream dress and veil, as well as the perfect flower girl dress. The seamstress was fantastic, and my dress fit perfectly. Because of the staff, I truly felt like a princess on my wedding day!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Taber · Married on 02/24/2018

Julie Allan Bridal is exceptional! I planned a wedding in under 6 months and was able to obtain my dream wedding dress and getting fitted due to the store and these women! The moment I walked in the door I knew I was in good hands. I showed the team a few pictures and had several dresses pulled within the moment. The second dress I tried on was the one I bought within the first visit with no hesitation. I highly recommend you make an appointment for your dress.

Sent on 04/17/2018
  • buttercup4224@yahoo.com

Tiffany · Married on 12/30/2017

Everything has been absolutely perfect from the start! Even when I had bumps in the road with my bridesmaids having trouble paying the owner Melanie worked something out with one of my girls and said to me money does not stand in the way. Generous, genuine, good hearted and very sweet woman Melanie is. The whole crew is great made me feel very comfortable and helped me where I have felt lost in my decisions. No matter how many times I changed the dresses for the bridesmaid and what color everyone was helpful and patient and made it happen! My fairytale wedding is possible because of their dedication and love for what they do. Thank you ladies!

Sent on 09/30/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/05/2017

Julie Allen Bridal was amazing! I had been to a couple of other stores before them, but they were definitely my last stop. The women there are wonderful and they were so accommodating to my crazy work schedule. They made the process so easy and were not pushy at all! They even picked out my dress to have me try it on! They knew exactly what I would want; even before I knew! I highly recommend them to everyone!

Sent on 11/11/2017

Sara · Married on 09/23/2017

I got married in September and loved working with Julie Allens. I bought my wedding dress, our bridesmaid dresses, flower girl dress, mother of the bride and grandmothers dresses here. We initially worked with Danielle who was AMAZING! I had narrowed my search down to two dresses, one at Julie Allens and one at another store. Melanie, the owner came into the room and told me she was able to borrow my second dress from another store so that I can try them on together.. which was so awesome. I ended up picking the second dress which she was able to order for me! Everything about all of the dresses were so easy!!! Not only did Melanie do this for my dress, she was amazing and flexible with helping my Mom find a dress she truly loved!!!!! She truly went above and beyond! Angela was our seamstress! She was so patient and amazing as well! I would not hesitate to have any of our family or friends go to Julie Allens to look for their dresses! =)

Sent on 01/15/2018

Hilary · Married on 09/16/2017

I can't praise Julie Allen Bridal's enough! From picking out my perfect dress, to all of my fittings and finally picking up my dress, they were amazing. They worked with my schedule for the fittings. When picking out my dress I had a very specific idea of what I wanted and she absolutely nailed it. You definitely feel like part of the family when you're there and you are completely taken care of. Thank you ladies, you are THE best.

Sent on 09/11/2017

Missy · Married on 07/21/2017

Julie Allen's is the best! I made an appointment on a weekday and worked with Melanie, the owner. She could not have been more kind, listening, and attentive to my needs. I told her I had a low budget and she was extremely willing to work with me. I also brought my 20 month old daughter with me and they gave her a stuffed animal to play with while we were there. Melanie must be a mind reader because the first dress I tried on was exactly what I was looking for and it was in my price range. It was THE dress, After trying on two other dresses, I knew the first one was my dress. Everyone was so kind and welcoming at Julie Allen's, I'm recommending this place to all of my friends when they get married!

Sent on 02/26/2017

Carly · Married on 07/21/2017

I found my gown at Julie Allen! I went for a Black Friday trunk sale and got an amazing gown for an even better value! With what I saved on the dress, I was able to get a belt and alterations and STILL came in under budget! The alterations staff was professional and did a beautiful job-- it fit like a glove. Just expect to go in a few times before you finally pick up the dress-- they make sure every detail is perfect before you bring it home. Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/21/2017

Justine · Married on 07/16/2017

When I started looking at dresses I was looking on Pinterest, I found this incredible dress by Allure Bridal. I felt that it was perfect and I could not get this dress out of my head until I tried it on. Other dresses were not giving me the "wow" factor that I was hoping for. We went to many bridal stores that were in our local area, but none of them had it. We extended our search and were told it was on a trunk show in Massachusetts, except when we got there we were told it wasn't there.

We started calling more bridal salons around CT, my mom contacted Julie Allen Bridal and they were fabulous! They located the dress, which was at the time getting ready to go to another trunk show. A store Melanie had contact with was able to ship it for one day only to Julie Allen so I could try it on, before they had to send it to the show. I will always be thankful to Melanie and the staff at Julie Allen Bridal, they went above and beyond in helping me to get this dress. It all worked out, my gut feeling was right - this was my dress! We ordered it that day and it came just as i imagined it. Cassie helped to do the alterations and make it fit perfectly to my size. She was kind and was attentive to every detail on my dress. Melanie, Cassie and the staff at Julie Allen Bridal helped to make my wedding a dream. I am so thankful for the amazing experience I had working with them and would highly recommend their business!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Kayla · Married on 05/29/2017

The ladies at Julie Allen Bridals really know their craft. We had our appointment last July and had a great experience. It was the first shop I went to when dress shopping and I wasn't sure what to expect. Melanie greeted us and assisted at my dress appointment. She started by asking what my vision was and what I liked and disliked. I tried on a few that I had chosen and we discussed what I loved and didn't love on each. Melanie took all of this into account and then proceeded to go in back and pick THE PERFECT DRESS!!! My mother, aunt, and I all cried and my sisters and best friend were teary eyed. Since it was only the 5th wedding gown I had ever tried on I went to two other stores that same day to make sure that was the dress I wanted and I was back at Julie Allen Bridals by the end of the day to order my perfect dress from them.
    I had all my alterations done with Cassie who is one of the seamstresses at Julie Allen Bridals and she was wonderful as well. Very knowledgeable and easy to work with.
    I love that this business is a family affair. Melanie's mother started the shop and she now runs it with her daughter. They all truly love what they do and have a gift for finding you the perfect dress. It is easy to call and schedule dress appointments and alterations appointments which I appreciate as I live out of state. After going to three stores I can assure you they have the best selection and nicest kept dresses. I would recommend them to anyone in the area looking for a dress. You can be sure that when my sisters and friends get engaged this will be our first stop for their dresses! Thank you for finding me the perfect dress!!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Jessica · Married on 05/20/2017

Me, my mom and bridesmaids arrived on a busy Saturday morning with no appointment made. Despite the craziness, we were accommodated and treated just as special as any other customer. I showed a dress from a magazine clipping.. and found my perfect match within three tries!! The girls there especially our lovely, sweet, and caring seamstress made our experience at Julie Allen's memorable!

Sent on 06/05/2017

Amanda · Married on 05/13/2017

I found Julie Allen Bridals on Wedding Wire and based on all of the positive reviews I knew this had to be my first stop for bridal gown shopping. It turns out that Julie Allen Bridals was also my ONLY stop for bridal gown shopping!

Melanie helped me during my appointment and I literally only had to answer 2 questions, do I want strapless and what is my price point. I didn't show her any pictures and yet every dress she pulled was exactly my style! After about 7-8 dresses, I knew I found the one!

The whole process was very seamless, I had as many fittings as necessary to make sure my dress fit as perfectly as it could. The day of my wedding, once I put my dress on I did not want to take it off ever!! I loved it so much, and received so many compliments that night. Thank you Julie Allen Bridals for providing me with such a breathtaking dress for my wedding day!!

Sent on 05/22/2017
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/09/2017

I have never felt so beautiful in my life! The staff at Julie Allen are kind, professional, welcoming and overall awesome!!! I could not be happier! (Or my groom! ??)

Sent on 04/23/2017

Talia · Married on 11/04/2016

I can't say enough nice things about Julie allens. After visiting multiple bridal shops that just didn't seem to understand what I was looking for.. within 5 mins of being there Jess knew and came out with my dream gown. I also purchased my bridal party's gowns from here. The owner Melanie is wonderful and helped me so much between all the craziness of my huge bridal party that were all different sizes. The seamstress's are great as well. I can't thank this bridal shop enough! Without them I may have had a mental breakdown lol ..: I highly recommend Julie Allen bridals for your wedding gown of your dreams!

Sent on 02/14/2017

Kimberly · Married on 11/04/2016

This was the first Bridal Shoppe I went to, and oh I am so glad I did! Everyone was so nice and friendly! Never complained about how many dresses I put on. I told them what I wanted, and by the second dress I had my wedding gown! Of course i had to try on some more just because I had to be sure! The wedding gowns are beautiful and very affordable. It's a big Shoppe with plenty of room. The dressing rooms have chairs for family. I felt so good going in, they treat you like you are family! It was just an amazing experience.

Sent on 11/19/2015

Lauren · Married on 10/15/2016

I had a great experience purchasing my dress and getting alterations from Julie Allen Bridal. All the girls working there were awesome- very helpful in pulling dresses to find the perfect dress. I made another appointment after the initial one because I was undecided. I had staff members helping on the different days but they were both great. I was looking for a dress with short sleeves and although they didn't have many they had great solutions to tailor other dresses to meet my needs. Dress arrived about 6 months after we ordered it. All alterations are done on site. One thing to note is that you pay the seamstress separately from the shop. The seamstress was AMAZING! At my last fitting she hugged me and wished me luck. Everyone at the wedding commented how they loved my dress and how well it fit me. Thank you to everyone at Julie Allen Bridal for everything!

Sent on 10/31/2016

Jessica · Married on 09/10/2016

Just had my wedding this past weekend and I absolutely LOVED my dress. The staff at Julie Allen's did everything to make my dress so perfect including allowing me to come in for an extra fitting. The dress was gorgeous and everyone else loved it too! The ONLY down side to Julie Allen's (that doesn't change my review at all) is that I wish they had more accessories in store to go with my dress. They did have some jewelry/belts/veils however I had to go elsewhere for under garments and shoes. Would have loved if it was a one stop shop, however I also understand that is just something they do not do. Just thought that was important to point out for others. Thank you so much for making my day so special :)

Sent on 09/12/2016