JSH Music Productions, Inc. Reviews

61 | Solvang, CA

61 Reviews for JSH Music Productions, Inc.

JSH Music Productions, Inc. 1
JSH Music Productions, Inc. 2

Cecily · Married on 08/25/2018

Jon and the Stir Father musicians were amazing! Picking the songs for our sets of music was one of my favorite wedding tasks. As a bride I did not have to worry about them day of at all, they were completely professional with their sound check and set up, and all communications. Plus they ROCKED and had everyone on the dance floor. I would definitely hire them again and recommend them to anyone!

Jeremy · Married on 08/18/2018

Jon was the perfect match to our party. He delivered quite a show, and was really interactive. He also gave many suggestions which we appreciated. If you are looking for a professional, fun, genuine and ENTHUSIAST DJ, Jon is your guy!!
    Jeremy

Corinne · Married on 08/18/2018

We interviewed 10+ DJ and music vendors before John came to our rescue. Do you know how hard it is to find a DJ that can get every guest dancing from babies to grandparents from a variety of cultures? It’s like finding a needle in a haystack. John is your needle in the haystack.

John will go out of his way to make your wedding the event of the year. His energy and charisma is unbeatable, and he’ll tailor your music needs to exactly what you’re looking for and make added suggestions on top. Some DJ’s just want to play the type of music they are comfortable with vs. what you need. We were a multicultural French American wedding with unique tastes and he made our playlist exactly right for our special day. John found us amazing live musicians to also play what we wanted, and then busted out his DJ skills in the late evening. He even suggested adding an electric drum set set to his sound system and busted out rythm in conjunction to the tracks. I didn’t even know this was possible and it was amazing!!!

Very highly recommend. Save your time with the rest, and just contact John.

Dependable, responsive, above and beyond, great sound system, and extremely reliable.

Lisa · Married on 07/28/2018

We hired the three piece jazz band for a 50th wedding anniversary. They were a pleasure to work with from start to finish! The entire team was very professional, polite and amazing follow up from the moment we reached out to inquire about their services. I would have no hesitation hiring them again for any future event and can't say enough how happy we were with JSH! They are a class act!

Leslie · Married on 12/12/2017

Jon has done the Fess Parker Company holiday parties for a few years and brings his A-game to each and every one. Our employees enjoy his music selections and have a great time on the dance floor. Jon always checks for any special requests we may have, but truly we leave it all up to him and he has never let us down. Jon will always play anything an employee asks for at the party and watching Jon, he puts his all into his job and is very well liked. I can't imagine having our annual event without JSH Music.

Catherine · Married on 12/09/2017

Using Jon and his group was the best investment I made. This was our first time hiring live entertainment for an event and I was very apprehensive. Jon took care of everything. His band, Stir Father, was great and he arranged for other entertainment as well. Our party went off without a hitch and was our best ever. Will definitely hire them again and refer.

TRACY · Married on 09/23/2017

We got married on September 23, 2017 in Solvang at K'Syrah. Jon provided music for our Friday evening cocktail party as well as the Saturday wedding event. Jon was so great to work with, from the initial email and phone discussion and then an in-person meeting. Based on our desires, he proposed several options to accommodate our wants and budget. Once we agreed on both, and I continued to work on the details of both Friday night and Saturday nights events, he was responsive to my questions and very helpful in making sure the flow of the music was to perfection. I told him my idea of a special song I wanted to walk down the aisle and he said he would have his vocalist learn the song and do a version that worked with our theme. I asked him to do two additional special songs throughout the evening, in which he was more than happy to have his band accommodate (all surprises to my fiancé). My fiancé had asked him to surprise me with an instrumental serenade based on one of my favorite movies, and again, Jon out did himself! Music is so important at a wedding and it can make or break the vibe and mood of the guests. One concern we had was the noise level of the band in the venue, during dancing as we had some older people and didn't want them being overwhelmed by the loud music; Jon assured us he could modify the noise level and he did a great job of that Saturday night! I highly recommend Jon and his team for any event. Thank you to you and the other band members. The vocalist was wonderful as well!
    Tracy & Mike Murchison, Long Beach, CA

Noa · Married on 09/09/2017

Jon's band The Free Radicals made our wedding a non stop dance party! I am so so glad that we decided to spend more and get a band, it was worth every penny. Not only was the band fantastic, playing hits that everyone at the wedding could rock out to, Jon was also super easy to work with leading up to the wedding. From our first conversation, we immediately could tell that he would be trustworthy and reliable, and we were not disappointed.

Besides the band learning a new song for our first dance (and a couple extra favorites), Jon also helped us select songs for our ceremony music which was really clutch as we were getting down to the wire with no strong ideas. So other than being a great band manager and drummer, he was awesome at consulting with us. He even took time out to meet with us in person during one of our pre-wedding planning trips.

In addition to the band, Jon also provided a solo guitarist to play the ceremony music and cocktail hour, and Erich was great! Walking down the aisle to acoustic Elvis instead of pre-recorded old fashioned orchestra music was so much more special!

Can't say enough good things about Jon, his band, and his overall service. You will not regret working with him!

Sent on 09/30/2017
    JSH Music Productions, Inc. 3
    JSH Music Productions, Inc. 4

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks Noa and Andy! From all of us in the band, and crew, we really enjoyed working with you guys! Thanks so much, ~JON

Anne-Marie · Married on 10/09/2016

My husband I just got married at the Coral Casino in Montecito and I can't tell you how unbelievable our music was! Jon and JSH did an absolutely amazing job! From our initial contact with Jon he was professional and made the entire process of choosing our music so easy. For our wedding we had a small jazz trio play during dinner, Jon mc'ed during the night and then we had the Free Radicals band play. The Free Radicals band has a great play list and Jon and the band played all the exact songs we picked from a lengthly song list that Jon provided to us to choose songs before the wedding.
    The jazz band during dinner was perfect not too loud but really nice background dinner music. We highly recommend it. The Free Radicals band is high energy and all of the musicians are so talented and the vocals are amazing! Our guests came up to us and told us how much they loved the band and how good they were all night. When the band took a break music was dj'ed and the exact songs we picked were played. We highly recommend splurging for The Free Radicals, jazz band and dj services to add a variety of music to your wedding or event! The best wedding band hands down in the Southern California area!

Deanna · Married on 07/16/2016

Our event was an 80th birthday celebration for my mother. It took place at our ranch where we have an outdoor dance floor, so we wanted dance music. I was able to choose all of the songs from the 6 page list. Also, we added the 3-piece horn section because my mother loves the sax. A particular song of hers they were able to play that was not on the list, Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass, "A Taste of Honey". This was the opening song. They also accommodated our desire for a tribute song for her brother who passed away 30 years ago. All along the way, over a period of 6 months, Jon Harris, the band manager, was professional, timely, upbeat, and accommodating. Our guests said it was the best band they have ever heard. Choosing the band Stir Father was the best decision I made. Their performance was fabulous. We also compiled our own music selection for the cocktail/dinner hour and band break DJ music (cocktail/dinner hour was chosen along the theme of bassa, samba, Sergio Mendez type beat and band break music was laid back 70's choices) which Jon was able to accommodate, setting the tone for the different periods of our party. I highly recommend choosing JSH Music Productions and Stir Father for your next event.

Melinda · Married on 07/09/2016

JSH music was such a pleasure to work with! Jon was so easy to communicate with and he didn't need much in order to understand my style of music. It was easy to let go and let him and his band handle things. The acoustic guitarist during the ceremony and cocktail was spectacular. He covered Beattles songs, at my request, and just nailed it. The energy that the band brought to the reception was seriously what made the entire night. No one left the dance floor and so many guests came up to me to ask for the bands contact. The Stir Fathers were just incredible. They nailed every song. They're vibe fit the crowd and we all just had the best time listening and dancing. They're playlist flowed with the evening just right. Don't hesitate to book this company, they're worth more than they charge! So incredibly grateful to have had such talented musicians on such a special day. Thank you JSH!

Sent on 07/27/2016

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Melinda and John! We really had a great time performing for you, your family and friends! This wedding featured STIR FATHER and Erich Schneider on acoustic guitar/vocals to start

Pamela · Married on 06/20/2016

Our celebration was enhanced by the wonderful jazz band that JSH offers! On time, appropriately dressed, all music as requested. I think they enjoyed playing at the event as much as we enjoyed having them!

Allison · Married on 06/18/2016

Jon was the perfect DJ for our wedding. He helped us build the best playlists for each part of the night (cocktail/dinner/dancing) and he was a pleasure to work with. Highly recommended!

Christian · Married on 05/22/2016

Jon provided a killer sonic landscape for our wedding! He paid close attention to the type of vibe we wanted and totally nailed it by creating a custom curated playlist for the entire evening. Jon also brought in a guitarist, fellow musician Erich Schneider, who was perfect for what we envisioned for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Erich even created a customized acoustic version of one of my favorite songs for when I walked down the aisle. We received multiple compliments on the music throughout the night and days following. When we look back on our wedding, music factors heavily into our favorite memories, I'm very happy we chose JSH Music Productions!

Sent on 06/09/2016

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thanks so much Christian and Ben! Really enjoyed working with you on your wedding music! My best to you both! This wedding featured JSH DJ/MC services and acoustic guitar/vocals by Erich Schneider

Jon did an exceptional job of DJ'ing our wedding. We met with him in person about 6 months before the wedding, and he presents himself very professionally, and personable. We discussed the vibe for the wedding, our music tastes, guests, and things of that nature. Before the wedding, we exchanged a few emails, with some songs for specific parts of our wedding, along with a general list of songs for the dancing part of the reception, so he could get a feel for the type of music we would like. Our guests all had a great time, and Jon was a major part of that experience!

Shane · Married on 04/15/2016

If he has the availability book him! He was so great with our event and all the guests! He played a great variety of music that got everyone on the dance floor! I gave him a list of things I wanted him to announce and he stuck to my requests and got everything I asked in. He was all we could have asked for and more! Don't pass Jon up!

Mass Media · Married on 12/18/2015

Best holiday party ever!!! JSH knows what they are doing and knows how to keep the party going from beginning to end!!!

Carl · Married on 12/04/2015

Jon and Erich were absolutely fantastic! They exemplify top-notch, professional music service that genuinely care about the experience and memories for their clients. My wife and I could not be more pleased with the experience we had, and all of our guests had an absolute blast on the dance floor. The music was specifically tailored to our tastes, the announcing was witty, and no one could be pulled off the dance floor all night. Thanks again, and I would highly recommend Erich and Jon at JSH to anyone!

Jon is AWESOME! He's an amazing DJ - everyone was dancing ALL NIGHT LONG! So many people commented on how much fun our wedding was, which was partially due to Jon's DJ skills! We were amazed by how many people danced and kept dancing at our reception and that was entirely due to him. We also hired Erich, a guitarist, through Jon to play music during our ceremony and he was also great. Can't say enough good things about Jon and Erich! Thanks so much to both of y'all!!

Cody · Married on 05/09/2015

Jon was amazing he was our dj, the drummer in band "Stir Father" and also provided the acoustic guitar music for the ceremony. They were epic and made a memorable wedding!!!

Our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be and the music was no small part in that. Matt and the Vineyard Byrds brought just the right energy to our event. The music was familiar but delivered in a fresh and fun way. The dance floor was packed and the crowd was into every song. The band was gracious and Matt's infectious personality made everyone feel like family. Working with Jon was a delight. I could not imagine having a better experience than Jon provided.

Demory · Married on 10/04/2014

Stir Father was an amazing band! They rocked our outdoor country wedding that had all the guests raving about about them. They are skilled and talented musicians. Many guests asked for their name because they wanted this band at their next event! It was our main goal to support local and knowing Jon personally I knew he would make it happen and he did. Thank you for making our wedding memorable. The music was epic!!!! It went by so quick, but a great time. We love good music and appreciate all your hard work! Cheers and Thank you, Darin and Demory Fordyce

Sent on 10/10/2014

JSH Music Productions, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Demory and Darin! It was a complete and total pleasure to perform for you at the ranch a few weekends ago! My best to you both! This wedding featured the 5-piece STIR FATHER classic rock/country/dance band, Erich Schneider playing acoustic guitar for ceremony, and DJ/MC services

Jesse · Married on 07/26/2014

I cannot put into words how pleased I was with JSH music. Their professionalism and skill are beyond compare. They made my entire reception an unforgettable event.

Susan · Married on 07/12/2014

Our guests are still raving about the band. From the pre-ceremony and ceremony instrumental, the cocktail hour duets, dinner background music, and a wide variety of dance music...the band was just what our son and daughter-in-law wanted. Jon was easy to work with and understanding of our needs. I highly recommend JSH music. The addition of Dave Bernal for country vocals and harmonica was fabulous. I wish I had another event so we could use the band again.