JPW Productions Inc. Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Kim
    Kim S. Married on 09/05/2021

We loved our dj!

DJ Chris was a fantastic addition to our September 2021 wedding! Jon was the first and only DJ vendor we spoke to, and he made us feel so at ease & so confident in his team's ability that we felt the need to look no further! DJ Chris was our go-to leading up to and during the wedding, and he was just perfect! He totally understood my vision and seamlessly took the night from ceremony to midnight dancing- without missing a beat (ha!) If you are looking for talented, dependable, trustworthy DJs be sure to check out JPW! Thank you Jon and Chris!!!
    Viviana A. Married on 03/13/2021

Covid bride

We hired JPW for our DJ services and we could not be happier with the decision. Jon was our DJ and he did an amazing job. He made sure that the dance floor was always full and knew exactly what song to play to keep the party going. We were the on the dance floor the entire night. We needed a mix of Spanish music in our line up and he fit it in seamlessly with a good balance. His equipment also looked very professional and clean, he also brings double of everything in the unlikely event that something does break. The pricing was very reasonable especially for everything you get in the package. We added the uplighting and Monogram and it helped add a beautiful ambiance to our hall. If you choose JPW, the only thing you won’t like is your sore legs in the morning from all the dancing and fun you had. We promise you will not be disappointed.
    Morgan M. Married on 10/11/2019

Hands-on, best DJ you'll ever hire!

What can we say, Jon is the BEST wedding DJ we've ever experienced! We were thrilled to hire him for our wedding day on 10/11/19 because we knew he'd get the party started. He made our night fun for not only us but for our guests as well, including the awesome cube photobooth. His energy, personality, and professionalism are what make him a phenomenal DJ. He was the first vendor we hired and he did not disappoint! We still have people asking for our wedding playlist. I wish we could have him at every wedding we attend because he's just THAT good. Thank you Jon for killin' it at our wedding! Would highly, highly recommend hiring JPW Productions Inc.
    Lindsay C. Married on 10/05/2019

Best DJ ever

I cannot say enough good things about DJ Keith! My husband and I have complete opposite tastes in music, yet somehow he was able to pick out music that we both loved. The dance floor was full the entire night! So many people have said to us that this was the best music they have had at a wedding, and I owe that all to Keith! JPW productions was always fast at responding to emails and made the planning process so easy. I would definitely recommend DJ Keith to everyone!
  • Erica-FutureMrsTacchia
    Erica Married on 10/04/2019

Best dj on the planet!

Jon WAS FREAKING AWESOME!! Everyone is still talking about our DJ and the garter dance him and my husband have been plotting. Will use him again and all my friends want him for their weddings, when that time comes!! We had the photo cube and book which was a use highlight of the whole evening. Got married 2 weeks ago and everyday the wedding gets brought up and so does Jon! He helped coordinate also because we had 0 idea what to do! Couldnt have done it without him!!
    Kelly Married on 08/10/2019

Amazing!!!

Jon was recommended to us by a family friend who had him at their wedding, once we met with him we knew we had to book him! He is super knowledgeable about music and he made the process so easy! All night he had the dance floor full of people and everyone keeps talking about how great he was! He kept everyone entertained and was so good at reading the crowd and moving seamlessly from era to era and genre to genre! We also had the CUBE photo booth and got the memory book to go with it! All of our guests loved the photo booth and had a great time with it and the memory book is a great memento for us to have! Jon and his crew were definitely one of the highlights of our wedding!
  • Austin
    Austin F. Married on 02/23/2019

Best decision!

Jon helped us with booking JPW for our wedding date and all the initial paperwork. He was extremely easy to work with and answered all of our questions quickly. He made sure to check-in to see if we needed any help along the way. Keith was our wedding day DJ and did a phenomenal job! He met with us to get a sense of the type of music and vibe we wanted at our wedding. He provided the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception music (on two different floors, with two different setups no less) and brought uplighting for our reception that made the venue glow perfectly. The music was beyond perfect. We had a general idea of the type of music we wanted for the cocktail hour, dinner, and reception and he delivered, plus some! We received so many compliments on the music and him as a DJ. He played all the essential hits and people still talk about the music at our wedding two months later. I can not recommend JPW Productions enough. They truly made our wedding day.
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 06/16/2018
    Jon was absolutely incredible, I will forever recommend him to anyone that I know getting married in the Chicago area!

I have gotten so many compliments about the DJ for our wedding, he kept people out on the dance floor all night long! We was able to read the crowd really well and determine what music was/was not working for the group of people that we had. He would encourage people to get out on the floor and encourage the different crazy types of dancing by many of my college friends (some sort of alligator dancing). Jon listened to all of our requests and no not play songs as well! We told him no country and one friend really wanted one song at the end of the night, which he politely told her no to until we came him the go-ahead for the song. We had a mix of everything from 70s music until current radio playing music to appeal to everyone and keep us on the dance floor all night. We also had Jon for the ceremony music and that could not have gone better.

We rented a photobooth through Jon as well, and were very pleased. There was an attendant at the photobooth all night helping to run it and get everything printed out. She would print out as many copies of the pictures as people wanted. Have a group of 8 people go into the booth together? She would print out 8 copies of the pictures. She took all the pictures and put them together in a scrapbook for us with people writing us messages as well, which was a very cool souvenir and reminder of our day. In addition, we got a USB drive of all the photos taken during the night. We got many compliments on it being the best photobooth that people had ever seen at a wedding. He had a full table overflowing with props to use as well!
    Starr Married on 02/25/2018
    Great from the very beginning. He was hired for a school dance and was such a hit with all the students and dads.
  • Jordan
    Jordan Married on 12/29/2017
    Initially, my husband did not want to have a DJ. Having a band was the only option. After doing some research, we quickly realized that having a band was way out of our budget. Not knowing much about local DJs, we fell back to the packet provided by our venue with their preferred vendors. After looking over prices and packages, we were down to 2 DJs for our wedding. We asked our venue coordinator which she preferred and her immediate response was “JPW. We contract him for our own family gatherings.” That was enough for us to make the initial contact with Jon.

We actually didn’t meet Jon until about 4 months after contracting due to a family members passing. Once we physically met with Jon, my husband was floored with Jon’s personality and professionalism. Jon was honest with us on what equipment we would need for our size wedding and venue. We were originally looking at one of his higher packages but he assured us a smaller package would do everything we wanted and more. We appreciate that he was genuinely looking out for what was best for our wedding and not just what would make him the most money.

The day of the wedding was great! We had Jon DJ, provide the CUBE photo booth and a Gobo with our names in it. Jon made sure everything stayed as close to our timeline as possible and the guests LOVED him! Even our aunt that dislikes everything commented on how much fun she had on the dance floor. The music was good all night and there were a ton of people still on the dance floor when the night ended. We LOVE the photo booth book Jon provides and used this instead of a guest book at our reception. The Gobo provided a great photo backdrop for reception photos and added that personal touch we were looking for.

I (the bride) became a professional wedding planner about a year into our 2.5-year engagement. Out of all of the DJs I have now worked with, Jon is my favorite. I will be recommending him to all of my clients for years to come.
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/08/2017
    Jon was highly recommended to us by our coordinator at our venue and since he was a much less expensive then the company we were originally looking at and since his reviews were great, we thought we would consider him instead. Once we made an appointment and met with him we were both sure we would be going with him.
    From some of the reviews I had read I was worried he would be a bit "cheesy" but he wasn't at all. His bubbly personality is perfect for keeping the dancing going and he is very clear about avoiding the traditional, though played out, wedding tunes you hear at every hokey wedding. His website made it very easy to lay out the songs you like for specific parts of the day/night. There is a great place to list songs to avoid as well.
    We used him for our ceremony music as well as our photo booth and everything went really well!
    Jon knew the layout of the venue and clearly has his wedding DJ plan very laid out and ready to go!
    (While I went searching for the toss bouquet he had it waiting for me.)
    The photo booth assistant was attendant and helpful, making sure the props and the space are laid out nicely. My husband and I could not have been more pleased with the music and photo booth for our special day!
  • KeVicky
    Vicky Married on 09/16/2017
    We used J.P.W for our photo booth for our wedding in September. Jon was very responsive to my emails and easy to work with. Our guests had an amazing and fun time with the booth. The attendant was friendly. We also received a flash drive with all the photo booth pictures that we enjoyed viewing. I would recommend them if you are in need of a photo booth.
    Riley Married on 09/09/2017
    Jon was absolutely amazing!! Everything we went over on our meetings was exactly what happened. No surprises or anything. He did an exceptional job!! Our dance floor was packed with so many people and the variety of music had everyone dancing from beginning to end!! Guests contacted me days after the wedding raving about how awesome our DJ was! I am definitely referring Jon to all of my friends and family getting married! We also rented the 10 person photo booth through JPW and that was a huge hit!! Everything was amazing and we can't thank Jon enough!!
  • Lesley
    Lesley Married on 05/20/2017
    Best DJ ever!! So much fun to work with. We had so many compliments about Jon and he kept the party going all night.
    Valerie Married on 12/17/2016
    I'm biased because I'm personally friends with Jon.
    But I knew as soon as I got engaged that I needed to make sure we booked him, hadn't even set our date yet but we had our DJ ;)
    Seriously though, Jon was amazing, everyone loved him, and he can definitely read the crowd and interact accordingly!
    The photo booth was also a HUGE hit!!
    Tanaz Married on 10/29/2016
    JPW Productions was amazing. The prop selection was wonderful! Everyone had a blast. They were quick, responsive, and understanding. I was planning this wedding from afar. I had inquired about their photobooth early during the planning but never followed through. JPW was recommended by my sister since she has worked with Jon before. He was doing an event with her and mentioned how he hadn't heard back in months but was still holding that day open for me. I emailed him right away (and said I'm sorry at least a dozen times) and we booked.
    Everything ran smoothly it was set up on time and I all my guests enjoyed themselves.
    Definitely recommend Jon. The price was amazing for the quality of service we received.
    Nicole Married on 10/15/2016
    Awesome photo booth! Loved the book that came with it :)
    Natalie Married on 10/08/2016
    JPW services provided our photo booth for our wedding night 10/8/16. Jon was so affordable, much more so than any other company I had seen. I immediately booked him. Jon was quick to respond to emails, followed up with us when we had any questions, and everything truly was seamless. We upgraded to the "cube" style photo booth, and guests seemed to like that a lot of people could fit in there. We requested an add on that didn't work out, and Jon sent us a refund check only a few days later. Have no complaints whatsoever, and had a great experience with his company!! Thanks, JPW Productions!
    Jillian Married on 09/24/2016
    I wish I could give Jon 10 stars! He is absolutely amazing!!!! We will make your reception the best party ever. I know several people that used JPW and every single person has had the same thing to say. He made every step of the process as easy as could be. The photo booth was so cool everyone loved it! Seriously Jon you are the absolute best!
    Erik Married on 08/13/2016
    Jon was fantastic, I would highly recommend his company for DJ and photo booth.

We were looking for a DJ who would take the mood of our party guests and run with it, and Jon did an awesome job we got so many compliments on the music selection(most of which he chose based on how the crowd was responding).

He also ran the evening perfectly allowing us to sit back and enjoy our reception and not worry about if cake cutting or speeches were next, Jon took care of that. Also he was flexible we had a few special song requests that were last second and he was accompanying.

He was energetic, fun, and professional. We really can't say enough good things about JPW PRODUCTIONS.
    Ellen Married on 06/24/2016
    HIRE JPW IMMEDIATELY! Jon DJ'd our wedding in June and I cannot say enough positive things about him. Jon's pricing was very reasonable and he did an incredible job. I was out with some friends last weeking and was seeing them for the first time since the wedding - they couldn't stop raving about how great our DJ was. One friend even said "your DJ was way better than mine." Jon is super professional and made our night flow seamlessly. He also listened to the types of music we wanted to hear. You can provide him a list, but we just gave him genres and types of music we like - he knocked it out of the park. Jon's company also did our photo booth and uplighting for the event. I recommend him and his services to anyone planning a wedding!
    Kristina Married on 04/30/2016
    Jon did a wonderful job for our wedding this weekend. Everyone danced the entire night. He was fun, up beat, and easy to work with.
    Emily Married on 04/08/2016
    Jon is amazing!! I would highly recommend JPW to anyone looking for DJ services, uplighting or a photo booth. Jon was super easy to work with the entire time - we felt confident and at ease from the moment we met him. The dance floor was a party all night long! Our reception area looked beautiful with the uplighting. If you want something fun and different, the photo booth is the way to go! Our guests loved it and the props. We had a great time looking at all the photos afterwards and the attendant was super friendly. We are so happy we went with JPW for our wedding!
    Katie Married on 03/19/2016
    We worked with Keith through JPW Productions and had an absolutely wonderful experience! He is very professional, yet extremely down to earth. We met with him once as well as a few phone conversations before the wedding to get a plan set for our reception. He sounded great announcing and kept the introductions running smoothly throughout. The dance floor was packed the entire night, and we had SO many compliments on the type of music he played. He took our requests seriously, yet was spot on with other musical choices as well. He snuck in music we loved into the cocktail hour that wouldn't have been big hits on the dance floor, but meant a lot to us. We would highly recommend him and any other staff from JPW productions!
  • Katie
    Katie Married on 10/02/2015
    Jon made our wedding! We had so many guests tell us they have never danced so much in their life. Jon was very prompt and kept the party going on time. He's a crowd pleaser and well worth the money. He gave us the updated photo booth called the cube that's lot up by led lights and that was a huge hit. We added the dj front board screen, monogram laser gobo and uplighting. Jon had our room looking incredible! We couldn't have asked for a better dj and a couple of our guests took his card for their events. He even gifted us a photo album and flash drive with all the pictures taken in the photo booth. If you want a fun upbeat wedding you can't go wrong with jpw productions!