JPG Photo & Video Reviews

150 | Philadelphia, PA

150 Reviews for JPG Photo & Video

Gabriel · Married on 11/05/2011

Write down the three words that you hope to describe your Wedding Photographer. Excellent? Fun? Role models? Great eye? Engaging?
    I’ve been to a lot of weddings – and have seen plenty of wedding photos. NOBODY’s photos are better than JPG’s. If you want a photojournalist who is going to capture the beautiful moments that make your wedding weekend / day / few hours …. Do whatever it takes to get these photographers.
    If you want more details as to why, read the other reviews. If you’re still curious, contact JPG and tell them you want to talk to Gabe. I’ll gladly have a candid conversation with you as to why JPG is the best wedding photographer I’ve ever seen.
    Oh, my wedding was in North Carolina… so, don’t be worried if you’re getting married outside the PA area. JPG will travel.
    At least click here and checkout their website: http://www.jpgphotography.com/

Sent on 03/01/2012

Marissa · Married on 10/15/2011

Ashley, Corinne and the rest of the JPG Photography team were nothing short of professional, creative and fun! From our initial meeting to our engagement shoot and our wedding day to contact before and after the big day, JPG continued to prove that we had made the right decision in regards to our photographer. Ashley and Corinne made us feel extremely comfortable and open with them, which resulting in pictures that absolutely stun and amazing our friends and family. I hope we can find a reason to use JPG again as soon as possible and plan to recommend them to everyone I know who might be looking for a photographer.

Sent on 11/08/2011

Katie · Married on 10/01/2011

My husband and I were specifically looking for wedding photojournalists who could capture the fun and candid moments that a bride and groom don't always get to see. And JPG totally nailed it! We are so excited by our pictures, and we loved our photographers Tracie and Matt, who put us at ease. We have had nothing but compliments about the pictures. At the risk of sounding selfish, they were the best wedding photos I've ever seen! They were worth every penny, and that's saying a lot when photography costs as much as it does. It's probably one of the best investments we made in our wedding!

Sent on 12/19/2011

Anne · Married on 09/17/2011

They are the absolute best. Beyond creative and personal with every shot they take. They capture our spirit and personalities with class. They are great when working with large families that have lots of opinions. They are patient, kind and so much fun. We love them, our guests loved them and we would recommend them in a minute.

Sent on 10/09/2011

Samantha · Married on 09/16/2011

JPG provided me with great photos and allowed me to work with some wonderful people. I enjoyed having Ashley as my photographer, she was a perfect match for me. Very satisfied with the journey as well as my finished product! Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/22/2012

Colette · Married on 06/25/2011

Adam and Tracy did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding day....not only did they take some amazing pictures, they also were great at connecting with me and the guests. I was extremely overwhelmed at the reception, and Adam picked up that and helped me feel more comfortable. Joe, the company owner, was above and beyond in service and guiding me through the entire process. Five Stars all around!!!

Sent on 07/05/2011

Marianna · Married on 05/29/2011

Joe G. and the entire JPG team has been unbelievably wonderful to work with since the very first phone call we had with them. Not only are they professional, responsive, well-informed, well-staffed, well-priced and an absolute PLEASURE to work with, but Joe has the most remarkable eye for images that I have ever seen. He is RELENTLESSLY creative and original, and will do anything/go anywhere for a great shot (his photojourno roots coming out).

He is also just a great guy!!!! My husband and my family all fell in love with him -- he was such an outstanding presence to have at the wedding (although completely unobtrustive) and really seemed to love the work he was doing. That was what sold us the most on him from the start -- this is not just a job for him, clearly. He really takes the time to get to know you and make sure that you are a good fit for his style of photography.

EVERYONE has complimented us on our engagement photos, and although we haven't gotten our wedding photos and albums yet, I have no doubt they will be outstanding.

Don't hire Joe G. if you want tons of typical, posed wedding pictures, or cliche images that could look like any other wedding, with the faces changed. Joe and Co. will capture your unique event and family for what they really are!! He will do more than document your wedding -- he will preserve the emotion of the day, and capture the spirits of your loved ones honestly.

For God's sake, hire this man now, and thank me later.

Sent on 06/14/2011

Sara · Married on 04/16/2011

Jpg was the best decision I made while planning my wedding. Joe and his staff were fabulous. The photos are fantastic. They really capture the honesty and genuine emotions of the day.

Sent on 06/09/2011

P · Married on 09/25/2010

Joe was fantastic from the first phone call! He listened to us and learned what we like. The engagement shoot was a blast and then the wedding day was easy! He told us exactly what he needed from us and was very responsive to our requests. He walked us through the day the week before and the pictures were quite enjoyable on our wedding day. And of course, the photos are fantastic!!! Incredible photographer! Definitely worth the money. All our guests were very impressed as well at the slide show he had up at the reception before the end of the evening. Truly a very gifted and talented photographer and the perfect vendor to work with!

Sent on 10/07/2010
  • chau

Chau · Married on 09/05/2010

Joe and his team, Sarah and Corinne, were, simply put, awesome!! They were very professional as well as fun. The engagement and wedding photos were amazing and we had a blast working with them. Having the engagement session definitely helped calm our worries about being photographed all day. They made us feel at ease and were even able to get the groom to smile! Although they like to limit the number of formal portraits they take (so that they can take more “in the moment” shots), they accommodated the bride and her MASSIVE family because it was important to her. Joe was very willing to work up a special package for us since we had a 2-day affair in different locations. They were also vital to our coordination efforts before the wedding and on the day of. We highly recommend Joe and his team and are so happy we chose JPG Photography!

Sent on 11/29/2010

Maura · Married on 08/27/2010

loved them!

Sent on 10/29/2010

Jordan · Married on 07/30/2010

Amazing Pictures and extremely helpful for getting through the big day!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Sarah · Married on 06/05/2010

Honestly, you will not find better photographers than JPG. Joe and his crew make you feel like your best friends have shown up to take your wedding pictures! In fact, our e-session was so much fun, I couldn't wait to see him on our wedding day! JPG makes you feel like the most important couple on the planet, and then to have incredible pictures as a result, well, my husband and I really couldn't have asked for anything more.
    JPG was worth every penny and I couldn't be happier with every aspect of our photography experience. Book them. Book them now!

Sent on 08/02/2010

Russell · Married on 05/29/2010

JPG Photography did a phenomenal job capturing our wedding. Joe knows all of the important details to shoot as well as making the bride and groom feel comfortable during the formal photos. I really liked the creative, out of the ordinary shots he came up with to capture our unique personalities.

Frankly, he should be charing more for his unique talent and uncanny abilities.

Sent on 06/10/2010

Kristina · Married on 05/29/2010

They did a great job. We LOVED our engagement and wedding photos. We had Ashley and Rob as our photographers and they were so nice, made us feel SO comfortable. They were also very flexible, and really active. Many of our guests kept saying, "wow your photographers are so active-they don't want to miss anything" and that's how it should be on this very special day! If you're thinking about whether spending a little more on great pics is worth it when you have so many other wedding expenses....the answer is YES. You can re-live your day over and over. JPG photography is awesome at capturing human emotion-they got it all from the pre-wedding jitter faces, to pure joy on the alter to silly dance faces and teary eyes at the speeches. They are great!

Sent on 08/30/2010

Elena · Married on 05/02/2010

The best! We loved Ashley and Adam - unobtrusive, caring, happy to be there. They came early and left late, encouraged us to relax (I am camera-shy), and were a joy to have around.
    Our friends commented: who are these guys? They have an EYE!
    Don't hesitate to hire these people. I can't recommend them highly enough -
    Elena from Gaithersburg, MD

Sent on 05/06/2010
  • O

Rose · Married on 01/17/2010

We wanted to invest in a great photographer and JPG was it. We did our share of shopping around for a photographer and nothing compared to the quality we saw in Joe's pictures. They captured the right moments from the sentimental toasts to the hilarious dance moves. Our friends and family absolutely love our photos.

Another great thing about JPG was how responsive they were. They were easily accessible by phone and would respond to emails within a day.

Sent on 04/06/2010

Jeremiah · Married on 12/30/2009

All I can say is that JPG Photography was awesome!They were every need and so patient with us.Their photography style was unique yet classic, and you will definitely be satisified with their work.

Sent on 02/17/2010

Devon · Married on 10/30/2009

You can stop your search for photographers now. Seriously, stop. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, stop and book these guys ASAP.

Joe and Rebecca are two unbelievable artists that are also two of the most amazing humans I've ever had the pleasure to meet. Their eye for those amazing magazine quality photos and their joyful spirit has yielded the most beautiful photos I've ever seen ( and I've been doing weddings for over 10 years).

I feel lucky to have these works of art in my home and even more lucky to have found JPG Photography.

Don't waste another second without JPG in your life.

Sent on 01/04/2016

Monet · Married on 10/24/2009

We worked with Faye Murman and were absolutely ecstatic about her great attitude, approach, work ethic and final product! We did our engagement photos at a city park and Faye was crawling over rocks and fallen trees to capture the right light, angle, look ... she committed to getting it just right! We had a fabulous time working with her at our wedding! I would highly recommnd Faye and JPG who have been nothing but professional and fantastic to work with!

Sent on 11/16/2009

Kate · Married on 10/17/2009

If I could give JPG a 6 stars out of 5 I would. What can I say, the were amazing! Their professionalism and attention to detail were superb. Joe is a true artist! We couldn't be happier with our photos!

Sent on 09/20/2010

L · Married on 10/03/2009

Joe, Becky, and Dan are awesome! They will go beyond any expectations you have with their beautiful photos, fantastic service, and wonderful personalities.

From the first call to Joe to the final dance at the reception, they guided us through our entire 2 year wedding process. That's right! 2 years. We actually had to postpone our wedding because I was deployed last minute to Afghanistan. Joe was great and rescheduled us for the following year. Throughout the planning process, Joe offered great wedding tips. He listened to all our comments and ensured our pictures fit our personalities.

Our wedding wasn't an easy one to photograph either. It was over 12 hours starting at 5:30 am and lasting until 11:00 pm. We had over 400 guests. Joe, Becky, and Dan captured everything. Not a moment was lost. They took both formal and informal shots of all our guests. They made sure everyone was relaxed and had fun. In the end, all the photos were gorgeous and we'll cherish them forever.

Sent on 12/17/2009

Nate · Married on 09/06/2009

From the day we first had a consultation with JPG to the time we received our photos, my wife and I felt completely comfortable with our choice. Joe was so professional with us, and walked us through every step of the way. They definitely went above and beyond the call of duty. We could not be happier!

Sent on 12/02/2009

Katy · Married on 08/29/2009

JPG photography was one of the best decisions we made about our wedding. I knew that photography was one of the more important decisions for me. Joe's work is beautiful. He did such a great job of capturing moments and emotions from the day. All of our guests have commented on how wonderful all of the pictures were and some friends told me they wished they had found him for their wedding! His demeanor was also great. he is very accomodating, makes everyone feel at ease and makes the bride feel special! I am so happy that I decided to go with JPG photography and would recommend them to all couples looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/23/2009

Laura · Married on 05/09/2009

I would recommend JPG photography to anyone who is getting married, and I hope to have them photograph future events in our lives as well! Rebecca and Joe did a fantastic job shooting our wedding. Leading up to the event, Joe spent quite a bit of time with us on the phone, discussing the photography aspect of things but also helping us hash out our general timeline. He and Rebecca traveled for our wedding, and made it in for the rehearsal. Despite being invited as guests themselves, they brought their camera and took some extra shots for us. They went above and beyond the whole weekend, and really were a pleasure to work with. They each gave enough direction to help make great photos, and were completely non-intrusive when getting candid shots. My husband and I really enjoyed working with them! I didn't realize before the event just how much your photographers impact the day-- Joe and Rebecca were wonderful people!

The icing on the cake is that they are both extremely talented photographers. We had sought them out based on their website and portfolio, and were thrilled with the results! The photographs captured such wonderful moments, looks, gestures and emotions. We were captivated looking back at the photos that gave us another view of the evening. The colors were spectacular, the photos were beautifully composed, and they have a great sense of color and lighting in general. They're also creative, really capturing some clever shots using mirrors, reflections, different angles and such. A huge proportion of their photos are ones that we could easily enlarge and put on our wall. We'll have a hard time putting together our albums because there are so many amazing photos. The are artistic and really capture the moment. We're thrilled to be able to look back and remember the day through these shots.

Finally, our friends and family LOVED the photos -- we got comments about our "stunning" and "beautiful" wedding photos. Even "the best wedding photos I've ever seen" from a recent bride herself, wondering how expensive JPG was. All in all, we paid the same amount that we would have for a local photographer, and we feel like they were worth every penny!

Sent on 07/06/2009