Joyful Video Reviews

63 | Ossining, NY

63 Reviews for Joyful Video

Kari · Married on 03/14/2015

By far the BEsT video ever!!! It's like a real movie with credits and all!!! SO worth the money!!

Sent on 03/23/2015

Mary Kate · Married on 03/14/2015

I would highly recommend Joyful Video. Michael and Jesse are amazing to work with! After watching their sample videos I immediately fell in love with their style. I contacted them right away and Michael was a pleasure to talk to. He was able to send me a sample DVD of a wedding so I could get the real feel of how everything would come out. The next day I booked them. Throughout the time leading up to my wedding Michael touched base with me often. Which I really appreciated. I often felt some vendors forgot about us...this was not that case with Michael.
    The day of the wedding they showed up right on time and started shooting right away. They blended in with everyone perfectly. Never once did they get in the way or did I feel awkward being recorded.
    What I love the most was how quick they got our video to us! I have many friends who waited months upon months for their video to be ready. This was not the case with ours!
    Reach out/ book Michael and Jesse... you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Heather · Married on 11/14/2014

Michael and Jesse at Joyful video helped to make our wedding day unforgettable with the most amazing video imaginable. The video was a gift to us from my wife's bridal party and siblings so it was a unique set up and Michael and Jesse did such a great job, so nice , so professional. I would recommend them and their videos to anybody 1000 times!!

Sent on 02/21/2015

AMAZING!!!! From the cost, friendly and consistent communication to make sure everything was what I expected and/or asked for...to making sure every moment was captured, yet making themselves unnoticable while recording/videoing and creating a movie (WITH CREDITS) that has become our Academy Award winnning debut!
    Not only would I recommend JOYFUL VIDEO to anyone who asks (or doesn't hehe) But my sister used them for her wedding years ago and they have only make their videos BETTER!!!! BY FAR, the BEST production company ANY BRIDE SHOULD want to capture their day AND always have to watch!!!!

Sent on 03/04/2015

Joyful Video was perfect! They captured all the most important moments and entire feeling of the day. The video quality was great and they even provided a full video of the entire ceremony. They were priced much better than the competition too! I would highly recommend them to everyone :)

Sent on 12/08/2014

Dan · Married on 08/02/2014

My wife and I can give our highest recommendation to Joyful Video for wedding videography services. They are highly professional and the finished product they provided is truly impressive. At first, we did not intend to record our wedding on video. However, many of our friends and family members told us that they regretted not recording their own weddings. We initially decided to work with Joyful Video because their price seemed much more reasonable than other vendors in the area and because many of the reviews said that they were unobtrusive and out of the way. This definitely turned out to be true: my wife and I hardly noticed their presence at all at the wedding and ceremony, and I believe that many of our guests probably didn't even realize the wedding was video recorded. When we watched the finished video, it was amazing to see the kind of footage they got, especially since we hardly noticed them during the event. We have had a chance to watch the video several times with my family and my in-laws, and everyone has been truly impressed with the quality of the video and the editing. It has allowed us to re-experience the day, and I know it is something we will revisit many times in the years to come. The one-hour video contains a good portion of the wedding ceremony, and then tons of footage from the reception. It includes all of the speeches and footage of the special dances (father-daugher and mother-son). There is also lots of footage of the venue and we were able to see details that we missed during the event itself. We live in Baltimore, so we had to coordinate with Michael from a distance, but he was nothing but helpful and professional over the phone and through email. We would absolutely recommend Joyful Video to our family and friends.

Sent on 01/12/2015

Joyful Video did a wonderful job being the videographers for our daughter's wedding. They were very professional and unobtrusive. The videos are well put together and give a wonderful synopsis of an amazing day. We couldn't be more pleased.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Douglas · Married on 08/01/2014

Terrific job videotaping our daughters wedding. It was well worth having a second cameraman. We love the finished product. Joyful Video did a great job capturing and editing all the essential moments of the day. They made a short and long video that makes the wedding seem like it was the event of the century, certainly to our family. Thanks so much Michael.

Sent on 12/09/2014

Stefanie · Married on 06/27/2014

I am so happy that I choose Joyful Video for my wedding video! I would give them more than 5 stars, but the computer won’t let me… My photographer recommended Michael and I couldn’t be happier that I made the decision to book them. From our first meeting, Michael was very professional, easy to communicate with, and was quick to respond to our questions. Every request we had, he did not hesitate to fulfill. Michael and Jesse were very much in the background the entire day, but somehow managed to capture every moment. I even had guests comment on how unobtrusive they were and how nice it was to not have a camera in your face. After the wedding, Michael was wonderful in keeping me up to date on the status of the video and being available for any questions we had. As to the video, we just watched our highlights video and I am completely in love with it! They did such a wonderful job of capturing the emotion of the day, from the background music to the conversations they included. There were so many moments that I couldn’t have been a part of on the wedding day that I now have captured forever! I feel like Michael really understood who we are and what we were looking for because it is perfect! And we haven’t even watched the full video yet…. To anyone thinking about booking a wedding videographer, I say book Joyful Video. They are wonderful!

Sent on 10/17/2014

Melanie · Married on 04/13/2014

We are so happy with the video from our daughter and son-in-law's wedding filmed on April 13th, 2014 at the Tappan Hill Mansion. You both, as a team, captured the essence and spirit of the day and then managed to produce it in a flawless production. Throughout the wedding day we never noticed the lights or cameras. We even wondered at times if you were there, but of course you were, and you left us with a precious gift to watch and relive an unforgettable day in our lives. Thank you for your high quality professionalism!

Sincerely,
    Debra and Steven Keshner

Sent on 07/20/2014

Diane · Married on 03/01/2014

We had our wedding at the Cadet Chapel at West Point. Although the chapel lighting was dark, the video was extraordinary. There were two cameras but I never noticed either. I chose Joyful because he was very professional from the first phone call. They arrived an hour before the event and were completely ready to start well before the time we arrived. The delivered 5 videos were perfectly packaged in our wedding theme and colors. We are blissfully happy with Joyful Video.

Sent on 04/08/2014

Marlena · Married on 09/21/2013

After seeing my friend's wedding video, I knew I wanted to use Joyful Video to capture our wedding. Weddings go by so fast it's hard to remember all the details -Joyful Video captured all the wonderful moments of our special day to be enjoyed for years to come. The editing and quality of the video was phenomenal. In addition, Michael and Jesse were personable and friendly while remaining in the background. They got some amazing shots without us knowing they were there. I would recommend them to anyone. Watching our video brought us back to that special day, we laughed and we cried-- we will forever have these memories Thanks to Joyful Video! And in the words of my husband "They were truly amazing"

Sent on 12/31/2013
  • F

Fay · Married on 08/25/2013

This review should have been done weeks ago but better late than never. We can not express how happy and pleased we were to use Joyful Video for our wedding. Michael and Jesse were not only professional they were friendly and very courteous. They were unobtrusive both during the ceremony and reception and went above and beyond in every aspect of the finished product. We have watched the video alone and with several family members we all laughed and we cried it was edited perfectly. I know some couples don't want their weddings videotaped for one reason or another but when you do it allows you to revisit a wonderful magical day over and over again. Thank you again Michael and Jesse for a wonderful and memorable wedding video.

Sent on 12/22/2013

Anita · Married on 07/05/2013

Michael and Jesse are real pros. They really care and it shows in the quality of their work. The video exceeded our expectations. It was a pleasure to work with them. The video captured so many special moments. There is no comparison of the end result of our video to others I have seen. They are true artists.

Sent on 09/15/2013
  • User2190726 · 2+ years ago

Michael is the best! Originally I wanted a wedding video but my main concern were the pictures... Now, I love the video more than the pictures! I found Michael online, met with him, loved him and booked with him immediately. He made everything so simple and was friendly and very courteous. On the day of the wedding i barely saw him. Obviously noticed him in the bridal suite but during the reception I didn't see him once. I even forgot he was there till he came up to my husband and I at the end of the night. He informed of us what he got and asked if we wanted him to stay. After the wedding I had some questions and concerns about the video. He quickly responded back to me and assured me that if we didn't like anything they would make any changes. I was concerned about what music they would use and what shots they would include. When the video came I couldn't believe how amazing it was. The music, the flow, the editing, the special effect they added, it was perfect. They captured every emotion of happiness. We are beyond pleased with the work they did and we would highly recommend them!! Thanks again!!

Sent on 01/06/2014

Rachel · Married on 05/18/2013

Michael and the Joyful Video team were fantastic! I found them through a Groupon-type deal for a 30-minute highlight video. When we received the DVD's, we immediately realized that they were above and beyond our expectations and what we paid for. The DVD contains a 40 minute video with full editing including sound, a separate clip of the groom's long speech, and a 6 minute "trailer" shorter version which I could share with friends via social media. The trailer is a big hit! You can tell that they put a lot of time, hard work and skill into the videos. Don't hesitate to hire Joyful Video, I'm so thankful I did!

Sent on 08/06/2013

Joy · Married on 03/23/2013

I choose Joyful Video for several reasons: I loved the sample videos on their website, I needed to spend as little as possible yet still get quality (because my protesting husband thought wedding videos were cheesy), and I had a coupon. :-) I was nervous to try a company that wasn't referred to me, but I took a chance and was SOOOO glad I did. Joyful Video is an amazing boutique company that will work with you to deliver exactly what you want in a very high quality, chic way. I got married at an aquarium with sharks and such swimming all around us. It was a dim environment, with the little light reflecting weirdly off the huge tanks. I worried that it would show up poorly on film, but Michael and Jesse did astonishing work. My main goals in planning the party were for it to look rich (in spite of the tons of coupons I used), elegant (could've been a stretch with a children's venue), and fun. The two of them captured the day exactly as I experienced it. They highlighted what was important to us and strung it together in an amazing way. I was especially impressed at the post-production editing. After I hired them, I began producing commercials for my job and realized exactly how much went into editing a film. I became even more impressed at the effort put in AFTER my wedding to capture the day's magical feel. They didn't just film the day's events. They filmed and created a story. They went above and beyond in every way possible. I have already recommended them to others! When the credits rolled, my husband turned to me and gave me a high five. "Good call on the wedding video," he said. He was so impressed with Michael and Jesse's work that he admitted he was wrong. :-)

Sent on 07/21/2013

Amanda · Married on 12/22/2012

Choosing a videographer was one of the hardest vendor searches I undertook (much to be chagrin, I found the quality of videographers in the NY area to be abysmal), but it was well worth the wait because I stumbled across a true gem - Joyful Video! From the moment I first spoke to Michael, I was 100% confident that I had made the right choice. He was extremely responsive and accommodating and eased all of my fears about the video quality (no, you should not have to settle for shaky camera!). He even let me add custom elements to my package, as a wedding trailer was of the utmost importance to me.

On the big day, when Michael and Jesse arrived at my bridal suite, they instantly made all of us feel comfortable with their presence - they conducted themselves so professionally and were more unobtrusive than I could have ever dreamed possible! They somehow managed to stay entirely in the background (so much so that the majority of our guests didn't even realize we HAD a videographer!) but still captured every single perfect moment of our big day. I am honestly still in awe of how he accomplished this!

After the wedding, Michael was more than willing to accommodate our honeymoon schedule and delayed production of the video so we could include all of our honeymoon footage. When the final product arrived, my husband and I were completely blown away. We had high expectations based on the samples we'd seen, but Michael even managed to exceed those - he truly went above and beyond to create a masterpiece of our wedding. His talent as a videographer is unparalleled (and I KNOW this because I vetted nearly 30+ videographers in my search!) and his passion for his craft is evident in the body of work he presents. We could not speak more highly of our experience with Joyful Video and I would recommend them to any bride!

Sent on 02/25/2013

Abby · Married on 12/08/2012

We actually came across Joyful Video through Living Social and, after a look at the footage on their website, decided to take a chance, and go with it. It was probably the best wedding vendor decision we made!

We first met Michael at the wedding and he had a very positive presence. He was there to capture everything, but not at all in an overbearing sort of way. He stayed for the entire evening and didn't miss a moment. Immediately after the wedding, Michael let us know when we could expect the wedding video. When it came, we were so thrilled. Not only was our video nearly twice the length of what we had paid for, but it was clear just how much thought Michael had put into it. There are very touching moments that are beautifully interwoven with humorous ones. It perfectly captures the best evening of our lives and we couldn't be happier that I opened that Living Social e-mail and found Joyful Video. We would recommend them one million times over!

Sent on 04/10/2013

Valerie · Married on 11/17/2012

Joyful Video did an amazing job at my wedding. They were so nice and friendly. They were not intrusive at all - they faded into the background. The video that they put together for me was great. It was beautiful and at times it was really funny. The first time my husband and I watched it, we couldn't stop laughing. Michael and company at Joyful video have a great sense of humor and put out a very nice video. Their prices were very reasonable. I cannot say enough nice things about them. I would definately recommend them to any bride.

Sent on 06/13/2013
  • User2122025 · 2+ years ago

We LOVE Joyful Video and they did SUCH an AMAZING job on our wedding video! Michael and Jesse are so nice, very professional and truly talented! Michael and Jesse listened and delivered on everything that we wanted on our wedding video and then some! Our wedding video was like watching a beautiful movie of the biggest day of our life! It was so cinematic and so beautifully done! The editing and quality is amazing. We cried and laughed and were just SO happy with the result. This is something we will literally treasure FOREVER. We can't thank them enough. Words just can't describe how much this video means to us and how beautifully done it was. It's just priceless. They really went above and beyond and really put a lot of work into it and it shows, and we greatly appreciate everything they did for us. I have to say that I am literally obsessed with our wedding video. We really loved watching it and reliving the whole day! There was so many great surprises and tears of joy flowing from watching our video....Even my dad cried watching it! (& my dad never cries!) Everyone we showed was so thoroughly impressed. We will cherish our video forever...even when we're old and gray. :)
    We are so thankful to Joyful Video for creating us SUCH a BEAUTIFUL video for us that we will cherish forever...and watch over and over again. :) They were so great to work with and will be missed. We definitely recommend them to everyone we know and always will, for sure! If you are looking to have a fantastic wedding video and want the best videographers in the business, then you don't have to look any further! Choose Joyful Video!

Sent on 03/30/2013

We came across Joyful Video online while planning for our wedding and could not be more pleased with the result. Besides being two incredibly nice guys, Michael and Jesse were always very responsive, easy to work with and the work product was great. My husband and I were sticking to a strict budget and were concerned that their prices seemed too good to be true but now friends are upset that they paid 3X as much for their videographer and our videos came out so much better than theirs!

Don't hesitate to use Joyful Video, just book them now. The turn around time for the video was quick, the highlight video was a lot of fun, many of the shots they got were great (and my mom has asked for stills of some of the video pictures) and they truly captured every detail we could have wanted from the wedding. Thank you Michael and Jesse for capturing the memories and our day in such a wonderful and special way, you are the best!

Sent on 03/27/2013

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2012

Michael handled all of my transactions with Joyful Video and he made the experience very easy. During the wedding day it was like he wasn't even there...just an extra set of eyes and ears so we didn't miss a single moment.

I just got my wedding video back and I literally wasted an entire evening watching it over and over again. So many happy and funny moments! Considering they had footage from 11am-10pm they did an excellent job editing. I particularly love the recap of all the highlights at the end of the video. Truly great value for your money, as well. I would hands down recommend Joyful Video for anyone looking for an excellent videographer. Thanks Michael!!

Sent on 03/12/2013

Christine · Married on 09/30/2012

Having a video done of our wedding was a last minute decision but we are so glad that we did! Joyful Video was fantastic. They were great to work with throughout the whole process and the end result was remarkable. It wasn't the typical boring wedding video that you would expect. It is so entertaining. It captured everything, the music was great. We have watched the video so many times that we've lost count. We couldn't have asked for anything better. We would highly recommend joyful video.

Sent on 09/30/2013

Victoria · Married on 09/08/2012

We hired Michael at Joyful Video to film our wedding in Cold Spring and Beacon, New York. Michael was very down to earth from day one and respectful of our preferences. We wanted a videographer who was discreet and who would produce a video that reflected who we are as a couple. He was easy to keep in touch with and on the day of our wedding, there were no snags even though we had some very unpredictable weather. He made everyone feel comfortable and didn't do anything "cheesy" that we often see in other video footage. We are happy about that as we wanted low key! They turned the video around in the time frame they promised and have been receptive of our requests for certain songs, etc. I love the angles that he was able to capture and think that adding video memories to your big day is really worth the money. Photos are fantastic but there's nothing like laughing and smiling along with the recording of the actual day you said, I do! He and his team are extremely professional and their customer service is top notch. He arrived on time and our photographer seemed to work well with him. Reliability and professionalism is key on your wedding day. Don't settle for amateurs! They also have lots of packages that seem to fit everyone's needs. We chose one that was perfect for us. Talk to them about your preferences; they listen. I was so glad I stumbled across Joyful Video and believe that are at the top of their game in this area. I hope other people get the word out as well!

Sent on 03/19/2013