Joyeux Events Reviews

Joyeux Events 6
Joyeux Events 7
  • Erika

Erika Burg · Married on 06/22/2019

Incredibly helpful with an eye for design

We are so glad to have hired Jessica! You don't know how involved planning is until you're in it. Leave the tangible event prep and planning to Jessica so you can focus on other things (hello family dynamics, personal feelings, you know what I am saying!). My husband and I have a loud, colorful, boho, maximal style and while that may not be Jessica's personal style she still embraced it, ran with it, and slayed it. Her editing eye and knowledge of design was so helpful. She was organized, responsive and very supportive. I felt like I was just working with a friend. She is calm and down to earth and will not try to get you to spend money you don't want to. We got so many unique pieces through her which really made everything special. She is worth every penny. You deserve to relax during this special time, HIRE HER :)

Sent on 08/21/2019
    Joyeux Events 16
    Joyeux Events 17
    Joyeux Events 18

Joyeux Events's reply:

ERIKA!!!!! I MISS YOU!!! Thank you so much for this sweet review! I LOVED your wedding. Thank you for going outside the norm and letting us have fun with your wedding. Can't wait for your vow renewal ;)
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 06/16/2019

Seamless and beautiful and *chill*

I worked with Jess for month-of coordination, but our conversations and her input started long before the 30-day mark. She was helpful in answering my questions ("What color napkins should we use?") as well as in corralling other vendors' insurance info for the venue. Jess also provided a ton of rentals for our wedding, and provided coordination services for our welcome party the night before as well. Working with Jess and McKenna was a dream because they just handled everything and did so in a very low-key, taking-it-all-in-stride way. As a type-A bride, it was super calming to work with them and just know they had it handled. Finally, the wedding itself went super smoothly and looked absolutely beautiful, in no small part to Jess' great eye and coordination skill! I felt like I could just relax and enjoy everything, and many guests told us how "magical" the night felt.

Sent on 06/27/2019

Lucy · Married on 10/13/2018

Stop what you're doing and hire Jess!

We cannot say enough praise for Jess, she was the best money we spent on our wedding and we could not have done it without her! She lifted so much of the wedding stress off of our shoulders and helped us make every decision. All the vendors we used which were recommended by Jess were incredible and we would not have found them without her. Jess is the best around, we miss not working with her!

Sent on 11/25/2018

Morgan · Married on 07/21/2018

Hiring Jessica to do month/day of planning was the smartest decision we made while planning our wedding. I don’t think we could have done it without her assistance, oversights, and experience. She thought of so many things we never would have for logistics, she saved us money on unneeded rentals, and greatly reduced stress leading up to the wedding and the wedding weekend. She helped coordinate with all the vendors beforehand and drove all the way up to our venue just for the rehearsal, which was so needed and appreciated! She and her team set up all the decor exactly if not better than I would have for the reception. It was absolutely perfect. And I’m sure she did SO much more behind the scenes that we were not aware of to make sure everything ran smoothly! Highly highly highly recommend her wedding planning services!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    Joyeux Events 19

G · Married on 07/06/2018

During the wedding planning process, my husband and I decided that it'd be a smart idea to get a day-of-coordinator. We did our research and narrowed it down to a handful of coordinators, but ultimately chose Joyeux Events because of Jess's experience and passion for weddings.

When choosing Joyeux, know that you are working with a pro who keeps it real. Jess will make you feel at ease leading up to and on your special day. She's trustworthy as she's able to solve any and all issues without getting us involved...unless it was a super big decision.

On our wedding day, Jess took care of every little (and big) detail and really helped make sure everything was perfect. She ensured we were fed, stayed hydrated, and got our drunken selves on the last shuttle bus. We didn't have to worry about anything because of her.

Other reasons why you should hire Joyeux Events:
    -Incredible value (there are lots of coordinators and planners in and around the Bay Area, and Jess's rates are super reasonable)
    -Experienced
    -Easy going
    -Very responsive
    -Genuine (she won't try to upsell you on stuff you don't need)
    -Creative
    -Rentals (she has a plethora of decorations you can rent)
    -Flexible

If you're getting married and haven't hired a planner or coordinator, do yourself a favor and check out Joyeux. You will not regret it!

Thanks so much for making our dreams come true, Jess!!! We couldn't have done it without you!!!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Sonya · Married on 11/04/2017

Jessica is worth her weight in gold! She was one of the first vendors I hired for my wedding and though I was comfortable planning most of it on my own, I knew I could always reach out to her for design or timeline help. She did a wonderful job with the decor and setup, she’s got a great eye for that kinda thing! The entire evening had the laidback feel we were going for, and that’s all thanks to Jessica!

Sent on 01/13/2018

SHEILA · Married on 10/14/2017

Joyeux Events made our wedding day perfect. Jessica was so helpful and has great ideas-she even became our MC when our DJ wasn’t cutting it. I cannot say enough good things and am so grateful Joyeux Events was a part of our day. Cheers!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Claire · Married on 10/01/2017

My husband and I reached out to Jess when we became overwhelmed with wedding planning. Having only six months to plan and a tight budget, we realized that we couldn’t do it on our own. We’re so glad that we found Joyeux Events; Jess exceeded our expectations in every way. She connected us with successful vendors. She held our hands through our many wedding-noob questions. She envisioned and orchestrated our decorations - including lighting and flowers! She brought a unique vision and artistic eye to our wedding. It was beautiful and went off without a hitch--besides, of course, getting hitched. My husband and I highly recommend Joyeux Events. Jess loves her job and loves people which makes all the difference.

Sent on 10/17/2017

Jennifer · Married on 09/30/2017

Our experience working with Jessica has been an absolute dream! She is extremely organized, has great planning ideas and advice, and brings with her outstanding vendor referrals for her events. Jessica assisted my Mom and Sister with planning my Bridal Shower and knocked it out of the park - My friends and family are still talking about how beautiful everything was! The style she brings and her attention to detail in her staging and decorating are amazing. Jessica's guidance in planning our wedding has eliminated so much stress in the process. Our wedding was absolutely gorgeous and perfect, our friends and family have raved about that nite since then. I am so grateful. Thank you Jess!!

Sent on 10/17/2017

Victoria · Married on 09/30/2017

Jessica did a great job providing planning and coordination for both the Bridal Shower and Wedding event for Our Daughter. We were very pleased with the performance of vendors and quality of products they provided. Her timeliness of information and communication with us was key. We would recommend using Jessica for your next event, she is a great value.

Sent on 10/03/2017
    Joyeux Events 20
    Joyeux Events 21
    Joyeux Events 22
    Joyeux Events 23
    Joyeux Events 24
    Joyeux Events 25

Craig · Married on 09/10/2017

Great experience. Jessica is as committed as they come and an incredible partner in making our wedding what we wanted. Will definitely recommend her to friends and hire her again for special events in the future. She's the kind of person who stays calm and focussed through the storm.

Sent on 10/05/2017

Danielle · Married on 06/03/2017

Jess was AMAZING as our day-of coordinator! From start to finish she was thorough, listened to each one of my needs, and was a great point person for not just me but all of my wedding party. My mom LOVED her. I highly highly recommend her services if you are in search of a day-of coordinator. Not only that, shes an AMAZING VALUE! Some of the best money we spent :) Thanks Jess!!!!!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Maggie · Married on 04/08/2017

Can not say enough positive things about Jess! Not only did she deal with the little things that always come up with weddings (heat lamp went out, bus driver doesn't know were to park, etc.) but we had a million details and she made them all come together perfectly.

Sent on 04/16/2017

Sunshine · Married on 03/18/2017

I am very close with my sister and when I found out she was pregnant with her third child, her first daughter, I knew I wanted to do something special. Every child she's had we've thrown a baby shower but I never had the opportunity to plan one so this time I made sure I would be the one to do so! Planning an event is hard and I had a vision and in order to execute it perfectly I knew I was going to need some help. I found Joyeux Events on Instagram and reached out to her via her website and she returned my email promptly. I was planning the event from San Diego but the event was to be held in Sacramento and although I wasn't able to fly into town to help, she made it work with no complications! Once we started working together she effortlessly brought my vision to life and with no stress at all the shower was a hit! Not only was my sister over joyed, but everyone was swept off their feet with how stunning it turned out. Everything was flawless-- desserts, decor, table settings, service, professionalism, flexibility, price. I can't wait to plan the next event! Thank you Joyeux Events for planning one of my greatest moments I will cherish with my sister forever!

Sent on 10/04/2017
    Joyeux Events 26
    Joyeux Events 27
    Joyeux Events 28
    Joyeux Events 29
    Joyeux Events 30

Stewart Mccoy · Married on 04/05/2019

3.0

Jess is great to work with and the day-of coordination was seamless

My wife and I worked with Jess to plan our wedding during the course of 2018 leading up to our big day in May 2019. Jess was very friendly, fun, and comfortable to work with. She was also our day-of coordinator. As a mark of probably the best type of wedding coordinator, we barely noticed her or interacted with her throughout our wedding day, as she was busy behind the scenes ensuring that everything ran smoothly with our schedule, vendors, and that all of our guests were taken care of.

When we first met Jess, we chatted over video conference for an hour or so to discuss our vision for the wedding and expectations for working together over the coming year. After our initial discussion, my wife and I felt confident Jess would be the best planner for us, given our budget and expectations, and reviews of Jess's prior weddings.

When it came time to pick the venue, Jess graciously made the 4-hour drive from Sacramento to Elk, California to meet with us and visit the venue grounds. She helped us get an idea of what would be required in terms of supplies and vendors, and made some recommendations for potential vendor partners.

Throughout the vendor contracting process, she gave us helpful feedback on whether rates were fair, and whether contractual terms were reasonable. This was a nice re-assurance, as we had no idea what fair market rates were for various vendor services, nor what sorts of contractual terms were negotiable.

Halfway through the process, Jess also acted on our recommendation to move away from email for coordination, and set up an account for us with WedHappy, so that we could use a mobile app to keep track of our tasks and deadlines, as we continued to make progress. We appreciated her flexibility here, in terms of planning process. Sometimes, however, both before and after using WedHappy, it was unclear whether a task had been completed or what the current status was, so we had to revert to email. This made for a bit more back-and-forth than necessary, but everything still worked out without any serious issues.

We also met with Jess in person toward the fall after having visited the venue grounds, and reviewed her mood boards and diagrams for the various design choices that needed to be made for the venue. She was creative and fun with her approach, often painting scenes on her iPad art board to give us a detailed idea of how various stations and tables might appear, which helped with discussion about what was best for us.

Overall, we really enjoyed working with Jess, and our wedding was truly a seamless and spectacular celebration. For couples considering working with Jess, we do recommend her, especially for her day-of coordination. If you decide to engage her planning services for the year or months leading up to the wedding, it's good to level set on expectations for timely and organized task management, especially if you're a Type A when it comes to project planning. (Both of us work in demanding jobs requiring exceptional project planning, so our standards are probably a lot higher than the average clients, and because of this we felt like we initiated and drove a lot of the conversation.) If you're more relaxed about planning, Jess will definitely take care of you, although you might not always have immediate insight into the current status of a vendor relationship or contract or other planning tasks.

Thank you again, Jess (and your small and nimble day-of coordination team) for everything you did leading up to the wedding and on the day of to make or celebration be so much more than we even hoped for. Many of our guests (and vendors!!) told us about how magical, luminous, and authentic it was, and we couldn't agree more. We couldn't have done it without you!

Sent on 05/08/2019

1.0
      3.0
      1.0
      2.0

We terminated the relationship and found another planner we adored

My comments echo that of my husband - written below. One thing I will add -- at times, I felt as if she was irritated with our indecisiveness and appeared more concerned with her relationships with vendors. We voiced our concerns multiple times and ultimately went with a different planner because Jessica basically told us that it was the best we would get from her. We also signed our contract for out photobooth while we were with Jessica and it never came to our wedding.

Since I did most of the wedding planning, the hubby did all the reviewing! Read his comments below:

Before you read this review, it is important to note that we (my wife and I) ‘broke up’ with Jessica after about 6 weeks of working with her.

We (wife and I) both spent years working in client-facing roles and had fairly high expectations regarding emails and responses, turnaround time on projects, communication, etc.

We were also planning the wedding from across the country (we were in Philadelphia, Wedding was in California, Jessica was in California) and, for that reason, we might have needed more from Jessica than the typical (locally-based) couple would need.

Pro’s
    Jessica was super enthusiastic about our wedding plans and our vision; we had several pleasant phone calls with her and were very impressed by her ideas and her presentations after each call.
    Jessica accompanied us to our site visit and food tasting; she was clearly knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the wedding-planning process. She had good questions for our vendors (stuff we wouldn't have thought of) and she was always working to help us save money.

Con’s
    Jessica wasn’t always quick with email replies. Several times, we needed to follow up with a couple times before getting a reply. The same was true for texts and phone calls.
    Jessica was similarly lax with deadlines. She’d get us an estimate or a file on Friday after promising it for the prior Sunday.
    After a pleasant, cordial call with her about all of this, a call where we agreed to an email reply time limit and agreed to other, fairly specific, expectations, Jessica’s habits didn’t change too much.
    This unreliability was especially pertinent when my wife and I met up with Jessica on a visit to California. She’d told us several times that we’d be able to visit the venue, the caterer, a few wineries, and a few bakeries. In the end, she’d only planned to visit the venue and the caterer. Again, because we were based across the country, this oversight was frustrating and extremely disruptive to the planning process.
    Months later, my wife flew back to California for several days. She emailed Jessica weeks prior, asking for help setting up some bakery visits. Jessica didn’t get back to her until she’d already arrived in California, forcing my wife to do the bulk of the planning on her own.
    Jessica lacked a clear organizational process to inform us what was completed, what was in progress, etc. We were often unclear- have we booked a DJ yet? When are we getting the cake samples? Etc.
    In the end, when we decided to break up with Jessica, calmly reiterating the issues we’d already expressed, she told us that she had 20 clients, thus making our requests impossible. Again, my wife and I were taught that each client needs to feel like they’re your only one, and if you need to slow down due to your load, you’re probably stretched too thin. This excuse rubbed us the wrong way.
    Because we’d given Jessica a few chances before cutting her loose, we’d expected a partial refund. Jessica was unwilling to do this though.

In the end, it’s our belief that Jessica would be a decent choice if you are looking to save money, locally based, able to do a lot of the leg-work yourself, lax with deadlines and turnaround time, able to send gentle reminders without getting frustrated. Though we had to move on from Jessica, we have no ill will toward her and wish her the best of luck as a wedding planner.

Sent on 10/21/2018

Joyeux Events's reply:

Hey Jessica, I’m so sorry things didn’t work out with us. Things were really great in the beginning and I loved working with you. I do really appreciate your feedback, I’ve learned a lot from working with you and am very open with my clients about the experience. It has helped me set reasonable expectations for the both of us so we all treat each other fairly and enjoy the experience. I wish you both all the best and am so happy you found someone that was perfect for you.