Joyce Films Reviews

28 | Brooklyn, NY

28 Reviews for Joyce Films

28 Joyce Films Reviews

Kate · Married on 12/09/2017

Joyce films did such an amazing job with all 3 of our videos! They got our 60 second film back to us within days of the wedding and it allowed us to relive all the highlights of our wedding right away! Our other two films were perfectly edited and beautifully captured our wedding day. I cannot recommend Anna enough - she was so attentive and met w/ us in person before the wedding to make sure she captured everything that was important to us. It was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!

Leigh Ann · Married on 08/25/2017

Wow! Wow! Wow! My husband and I couldn't be any happier that we chose JOYCE Films to capture our wedding. Anna and Russell are amazing; so talented, professional and incredibly kind. They are the absolute best and we so recommend that you chose JOYCE Films for your special day. Anna and Russell did the videography for our wedding. From the moment we met Anna and Russell we were completely at ease. They are so friendly, communicative and laid back. On the day of the wedding Anna arrived at my parents house early and ready to work! While waiting for my bridal party to arrive at the house she took it upon herself to start capturing all of those special little details that can so easily go unnoticed, like my engagement ring, the jewelry I'd be wearing, my 'something blue' and vow book. Anna spent the day with us, capturing all of the girls getting ready and even stopped by my grandmothers house with me prior to the ceremony as she knew that it was something important to me that I wanted in our video. All the while Russell was with the groom and shot him getting ready with his family and the groomsmen. Even though our wedding was less than three weeks ago JOYCE Films has already sent us our short teaser film that we fell in love with! It is so gorgeous that I was left in tears while watching! I loved how they captured the moments that were most important to us while also making sure to get all of those things we missed. The amount of time, attention and work they put into the teaser video was immediately apparent. We are truly grateful to Anna and Russ for all of their hard work. We will definitely be recommending them to all of our friends when they get married and couldn't stress it anymore to you: BOOK THEM NOW, you will be so happy you did!

Justine · Married on 08/12/2017

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I think Anna was better at keeping track of our pre-wedding prep than I was! Jokes aside, she was all you need/want in a videographer. She came recommended by a good friend (who was sad she couldn't hire Anna herself), and I found her vision for filmography in NYC, her attention to details, and her editing style to be exactly what we were hoping to find, and we were/are very satisfied with her services.

She was very responsive and timely by email, was such a reassuring and chill person during our first meeting, and her and Russ (second shooter) were both reassuring and professional on our wedding day. Their price point is very reasonable, especially compared to the services they offer (DEFINITELY recommend getting the Instagram video addition!) They were patient, calm, and got some shots that in hindsight, made some of the best shots in our video - things we could not have thought of ourselves.

I cannot recommend Joyce Films enough - she took to heart our biggest concerns and desires - and our video is definitely reflective of what we hoped our wedding would be for everyone - vendor or guest. Also - she made us look really good - which is not a small feat :]

Thank you Anna and Russ for being a part of our day - we are so glad to have found you guys, and we think anyone who works with them will feel the same.

Maria · Married on 01/18/2017

Anna- Joyce was a delight to work with. Back in December my sisters and I wanted a couple of prints for our parents and she made our experience fun and unforgettable. I would definitely recommend her and I will make sure to hire her for any events I might have in the future.

Carmen · Married on 01/01/2017

Truly the BEST!!! I love my pictures and cannot wait to work with Anna and Russell again!??

Nathan · Married on 12/12/2016

Anna at Joyce Films is a class act! (That Russell isn't too bad also) She has a great eye, an artist's touch, and comes poised and prepared. We had so much fun shooting with Joyce films and couldn't be happier with the product! Weddings, portraits, branding, Hire her! You shan't be disappointed.

Shibi · Married on 12/10/2016

Look no further, Joyce Films has you covered! I was extremely impressed with the professionalism and warmth that Anna had. I booked a last minute shoot in the middle of winter and Anna was more than accommodating. Add to the mix 3 kids under 5 and that still didn't deter her from making it a memorable experience. Anna from the beginning helped to bring my vision to reality and offered more than appropriate venues to choose from. When she realized last minute the venue was closed for construction, she quickly let me know and had back up options. Needless to say, the pictures came out amazing, we get compliments all the time. We are blessed to say that Joyce Films will be our family photographer going forward and we would highly recommend them!!

Pixi · Married on 11/25/2016

Hire this team! They were so great to work with and I just LOVE the products they put out. My husband and I couldn't be happier with our footage and we continue to get more and more compliments on it. Five stars!

Julie · Married on 11/05/2016

Anna was such a joy to work with. She captured exactly what we wanted for our special event, in both candid and posed shots. She looked like she was having fun capturing all these special moments for us that you can see it in our photos. Everything from my initial outreach to her to the ADORABLE flashdrive box that the pictures came in, were all a wonderful experience.

Ali · Married on 11/04/2016

Anna and Russ are truly the most talented photographer and videographers I have worked with! I would describe myself as being rather picky when it comes to photos (what girl isn't?) and they truly went above and beyond my expectation... capturing the beauty, emotion and life of all of the moments. Not to mention, they are two of the kindest and most professional people, and simply lovely to work with. If you want your wedding day to be captured in the most perfect, creative, and gorgeous way, Joyce Films is a must!!

• Q

Quinn · Married on 09/03/2016

We had a very fun family photo shoot, (we have a four year old son) with Anna Joyce of Joyce Films. We've had several professional photographers take our pictures before, never with this much success. Firstly, we look good in these pictures, the best that all of us have ever looked, all at the same time. Secondly and even better we look our natural and real selves. No fake smiles or unusable pics in the bunch. In the past, I have been at a loss to find one real framable option after getting our pictures taken, the holiday card resulting in a montage with each of us looking presentable in different photos. That will finally not be the case this year. All of this is a credit to feeling relaxed in front of such an easy-going and observant photographer as Anna. It's also a credit to her efficiency. The whole thing was less than half an hour as our son inevitably lost interest in smiling. Anna was great with our son, who, of course, wanted a turn to take a photo of mom and dad himself. Really, it was just like our family, having fun at the park, and she captured it on film. How I wish I had had access to Joyce Films for my wedding!

misty · Married on 06/16/2016

The quality and detail was breathtaking! They thought of details that made it so personal. It will be something we treasure forever!

Joel · Married on 05/20/2016

It's very hard to give Russell and Anna the superlatives they deserve--I would not have trusted chronicling this once-in-a-lifetime type of day to anyone else, hands down. They are so well-organized and methodical in their planning and execution, brilliant in their artistry, and are the most genuinely personable people you could ask for. They really do go the extra mile to learn more about you as a person and as a couple before they shoot--they want to make sure the truest, most beautiful rendition of you is what shows on film. For delivery quality, they get max points. For attentiveness, care, and focusing everything around your needs and personal experience, they get max points. I cannot overstress my satisfaction with them! I'd go out of my way to recommend them because these guys deserve to have their business flourish.

Derek · Married on 05/14/2016

It's a blessing that I wasn't born during the middle ages. It's an even greater blessing that I was born just after the era when wedding videos were your nerd cousin filming a drunk uncle screaming at the lens. I'm blown away by how crisp and beautiful our wedding videos are. My wife and I are so happy with our wedding films that over 3 months later, we find ourselves watching at least a portion of them on MOST days. It might sound narcissistic, but we actually watch them because Joyce Films was so good at capturing all of our loving friends and family! The day itself was pretty hectic and an absolute blur. So getting to see our most cherished loved ones dancing, laughing, and having fun meant the world to us.

My wife and I are night shift workers with miserable schedules. We're always sleepy and when we think we're about to have a day off, one of our jobs forces us to work OT. We might be the worst wedding planning clients ever. We weren't very prompt with even the simplest of wedding details. Anna and Russell accommodated our erratic schedules/hours and were amazing every step of the way. Not only were they great about trying to get to know us (which helped them portray our personalities in the films), they were also a great resource in all things wedding related. They worked so seamlessly with our photographers and their nature was so easy going that it made me (someone who normally stiffens up when there is a lens pointed in my direction) actually feel comfortable. For much of the ceremony and reception, Anna and Russell were nearly invisible but somehow able to get the most amazing angles.

Joyce Films was super upfront about everything that was included in each package. This was in stark contrast to some other videographers who had some oddly sneaky price plans. They're really just cool people. Their excitement, attention to detail, and their chill ability to stay on top of everything makes them perfect for working with any kind of client.

JOANNE · Married on 05/14/2016

My husband already wrote a review, but one cannot say enough amazing things about Joyce Films! They are TRUE artists - so talented! They captured our wedding so beautifully that watching the videos makes me feel like I am reliving all the love and happiness from our day! And while our wedding was very memorable to us, I'm so glad we have these videos as our memories get older and cloudier :) No regrets! At the risk of sounding narcissistic, we've watched our video like once a week (maybe more, yikes!), and every time, we say to each other, "Anna and Russell are amazing!" Their ability to capture and edit the moments of your wedding is a true gift! They're also super great at making you feel comfortable (I usually freeze up when I know I'm being filmed). I barely knew they were there filming! Not to mention, they are the nicest people and the most adorable couple ever! I would recommend them to EVERYONE!! I could say more, but check out their Vimeo page and see for yourself!

Angela · Married on 03/26/2016

My husband and I were not planning on having a video for our wedding, because we thought it would be okay as long as we had our pictures. But, we're so so happy that we ended up having a video and even happier that we asked JOYCEfilms to be the ones to film it. From the beginning, Anna was all about understanding who we were as a couple. We met up periodically up to the wedding just so she could spend time with us and get a better sense of who we are as a couple and as individuals. As a result, the video they produced not only captured our special day, and the special moments throughout the day, it also showcases who we are a couple, making the video not just a wedding video, but OUR wedding video. I didn't cry on my wedding day, but I cried when I watched my wedding videos (the short version & the documentary version). If you want a personal, well-documented wedding video, definitely go with JOYCEfilms.

Choosing Joyce Films for our videography needs was an unforgettable experience, and one of our wedding’s most pleasant surprises. They’re as professional as they are personal, as they devote time well before the planning and shoot days to genuinely get to know you - not as the subject of their next video, but as friends they are about to embark on a special journey with. You’ll be amazed at the work they produce, regardless of any requests, limitations, and intricacies that arise surrounding your occasion.

The quality of their work is highlighted by the professionalism with which they conduct themselves. From the very beginning of our interactions, Joyce Films was extremely transparent in their pricing, expectations, and requirements necessary for a successful shoot. Although my wife and I had never worked with videographers before, Joyce Films patiently explained all the need-to-know aspects of their work to us, so that we felt more than confident in what to expect in the final videos. Their eye for creative shots and angles is incredible, and they have tremendous ability to capture the most extraordinary moments.

Joyce Films strikes the perfect balance of being present at all the important points of your event, while also being in the background just enough to allow any camera-shy folks to feel comfortable in their lens. Best of all, you will gain an authentic friend in the members of Joyce Films, who will not only be recording and amplifying the timeless moments of your gathering, but also simultaneously celebrating with you in your joy. By the end of it all, we felt we had gained a new friend, and I believe you will feel the same.

You can't go wrong with Joyce Films - they are very fairly priced, produce excellent work, and operate on a quick turnaround schedule that will surprise as much as their finished videos will captivate. Joyce Films is up and coming in the wedding films industry, and receive our highest recommendations for all future projects.

Gabe · Married on 03/19/2016

All I can say is that Joyce films delivered. They are wonderful people and they made the whole experience wonderful. I was especially impressed with their artistic style. They had vision!

Kristie · Married on 11/28/2015

I had a great experience working with Joyce Films! They had a vision for what the final product could look like before we met and wanted my feedback throughout the whole process. I would definitely work with them again!!

Stella · Married on 11/21/2015

Couldn't be happier with the quality, professionalism and product of JOYCE FILMS!!! The best experience and capturing of your most special Day!

Dan · Married on 11/15/2015

Choosing a vendor to shoot an important video is so difficult because the risk is so high -- not only do they have to be able to produce a high quality product, but they also have to be able to roll with the punches, not ADD to an already stressful day, and ideally just be nice people who you can trust. My experience with JOYCEFilms was all of the above -- Russell and Anna's personalities really put me at ease and you can tell they're serious about the job at hand. I trusted their vision for my video and they rewarded my trust with a video that was better than anything I could have imagined. I would 100% hire JOYCEFilms again and I already refer them to all of my friends.

Kristian · Married on 11/01/2015

If Joyce Films is available for your next project, then I would encourage you to stop your search and book them asap! They are the consummate professionals, their creative eye is second to none, and their courteous and friendly manner is a gift that is hard to quantify.

Allison · Married on 08/08/2015

I could not have been happier with Joyce Films producing our wedding video, as their ability to capture our wedding day completely surpassed my expectations. Our video is as irreplaceable as our photos, as it both beautifully & artistically weaves together the story of our wedding day. I was particularly impressed with how quickly they learned who/what were most important to us, as our video truly feels specific to us. On the day of, their professionalism was a complete sigh of relief. I never had to worry about them missing anything important to us, and their presence never dominated or interrupted what was happening. They were able to both gracefully & easily capture how the day was unfolding without adding to whatever real or perceived stress accompanied. There is no other couple I can think of who could be better suited for the role that they played on that day, and I cannot express strongly enough how honored I am that THEY were the people alongside us in some of our most important/memorable moments.

Dan · Married on 08/08/2015

We had JOYCEfilm's Russell and Anna do the wedding video for our nuptials in Oregon's beautiful Willamette Valley. Despite it being far from their by-then home base in NYC, working with them was as if they'd never left Oregon. There are many, many things that I appreciated about working with JOYCEfilms, but a few notables really stick out. Firstly, they have an eye for natural beauty, both of the land and of the people. In watching our wedding film I was struck how even in an beautiful but imperfect setting, such as ours, their film captures both the vibrancy of late summer's golden light through the trees and the radiance of a gorgeous smile. It wasn't highly stylized, it was merely evidence of one with an eye for the eternal. Secondly, they have an ear for story. With no gaudy voiceovers or poor selections of distracting music, they let their lenses tell the story, giving the viewer an arc of the evening and the bride and groom, us, an exciting sense of that indelible moment. After all, what is a wedding film but a story? Thirdly, Russell and Anna are simply awesome. On the day you're getting married you are almost always, unfortunately, stressed. Russell and Anna, however, in their own small way remove some of that stress. They are fun, clearly share the joy you're experiencing and through their presence affirm the goodness of the commitments you are making on that important day. And when it comes to the actual shooting of the film they are chill, helpful, and skilled. They didn't miss a moment; in fact, they caught moments my wife and I didn't have the eyes to see. We are incredibly grateful for their unique and, to us, timeless capturing of our special day.

In summation, I think JOYCEfilms was truly a 5/5 experience. They brought joy, skill, and an eye for the beautiful to our wedding. I would use them again... although I have no plans to get married again ;-)

Jason · Married on 07/31/2015

I've seen these guys work their magic at weddings and at other various projects, and the level of attention-to-detail and passion for what they do is unquestioned. The two bring a sense of creativity and structure that really excels in telling a great story in each of their projects.