Joy Unscripted Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Katelyn
    Katelyn L. Married on 05/28/2022

Amazing chalkboard art and sign design

Bethany is awesome! Her work is great, as is your responsiveness. I even added a few items on at the last minute and she was able to accommodate that. She made the perfect mirror signs and chalk board design for our wedding... she did exactly what we wanted, but made it better! Thank you!
  • Patrick
    Patrick L. Married on 04/23/2022

Amazing unique touch to the wedding

Working with Joy Unscripted was amazing! Bethany was awesome and created truly unique parts to our wedding venue setup. She created our seating chart on a mirror, our dessert menu design, as well as the chalkboard drink menu. Her handwriting is insanely neat, unique, and beautiful! The style was perfect for our wedding vibe. We highly recommend Bethany and Joy Unscripted to anyone for any occasion as it provides a truly unique touch!!!
    Meredith M. Married on 11/05/2021

Simply the best

What a fitting company name Joy Unscripted is, because what an absolute joy it was to work with Bethany for our long awaited wedding day. Bethany made our custom signage dreams a reality, from our seating chart and bar chalkboard, to our personalized koozies and ‘saved seats’ name tags for loved ones who could not be with us to celebrate. From start to finish, Bethany was so kind, beyond patient with every request, and truly attentive to every detail. Her talent is unmatched and truly added the perfect personal touch to our wedding day.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa M. Married on 10/10/2021

Amazing wedding calligraphy!!

Joy Unscripted was absolutely awesome and very responsive! We had Bethany make the chalkboard at our bar at Chestnut Ridge and it was more than we could have asked for. She had us write a couple ideas of what we wanted (using her page which had a ton of inspo!) and then list our alcohol options. That's it. She got back to us a week before our wedding with the sample she put together and we didn't change a thing! It was exactly what we envisioned it would be and then some. She came in early on our wedding day and was done in no time. It was flawless and she made the process so simple. I would definitely recommend Bethany to anyone who needs wedding calligraphy as she has the perfect artistic mind to help anyone's vision become reality!
    Jessica H. Married on 09/18/2021

Best Asheville wedding calligrapher

The calligraphy and artwork for our wedding signage was beautiful. Would highly recommend Joy Unscripted to anyone looking for wedding calligraphy needs in the Asheville area.
  • Lindsey
    Lindsey P. Married on 04/24/2021

Amazing and beautiful!

Bethany designed our wedding invitations, chalkboard, and welcome sign! She was so easy to work with and made my dreams come to reality so beautifully. It was such an easy process for someone who has difficulty expressing just exactly what I want. I highly recommend using her for all of your wedding day signage needs!
  • Lizzy
    Lizzy W. Married on 04/17/2021

Creative and Beautiful Design!

Bethany is an amazing artist!! She did our bar chalkboard at our wedding and we couldn't be happier! She was very responsive throughout the whole process and executed our idea perfectly!
    Bailee T. Married on 03/27/2021

Beautiful Work...

Joy Unscripted was so easy to work with. She created exactly what I wanted and it was stress free. I would definitely recommend her to any bride!!
  • Taylor
    Taylor U. Married on 03/20/2021

So much talent

Bethany is amazing - she is truly so talented. She created our seating chart and had the exact piece we envisioned, our welcome sign and the chalkboard behind the bar - even managing to sketch our dog. She is so kind and so incredibly talented - she adds such an personal and intimate element to the wedding. Could not recommend more!
    Ashlee T. Married on 02/27/2021

Creative Genius

Bethany was so great to work with. She was organized and her website was so easy to navigate. She is a perfectionist and takes pride in her craft. My wedding pieces were so lovely. She turned a sketch of mine into reality. She is wonderful. She has such a fun personality.
  • Natalie
    Natalie B. Married on 11/14/2020

Wonderful Wedding Calligrapher!!

My husband (yay!) and I got married back in November of this year. As you can imagine, planning a wedding with COVID-19 in mind was very stressful. However, we were fortunate to work with such attentive & helpful vendors, one being Bethany from Joy Unscripted. Bethany helped with the calligraphy for our seating chart and bar chalkboard design.

For the seating chart, I sent her a image from Pinterest and she took that and brought our vision to life!! There were also several last minute changes to our guest list and Bethany was very accommodating and responsive - making the changes an easy process for us.

For the chalkboard design, we were not sure where to begin! With Charlie and I residing in Raleigh, we were interested in a simple design tied to the city. She came back with the city skyline, which was PERFECT! We received so many compliments on this design and couldn’t have been happier.

Working with Bethany was such a pleasure! We will definitely work with her again for any calligraphy needs :)
  • Alexa
    Alexa M. Married on 10/24/2020

Amazingly Talented!

Bethany is so creative and talented!!! She created the most beautiful chalkboard above the bar at our wedding venue, Chestnut Ridge. We had so many compliments on the chalkboard and owe it all to her! She is extremely easy to work with and you can absolutely trust her to make your vision come to life! I would highly recommend her for anyone looking for an incredibly talented calligrapher for their wedding/event!
  • Rachel
    Rachel O. Married on 08/21/2020

Creative Genius

Bethany is such a creative genius!! She was in charge of creating a chalkboard for our bar menu and her design did not disappoint! I sent links of what I imagined and she made all of them come true. I was so impressed with her work I also had her create our welcome sign for our wedding. If I hadn't already ordered my invitations I definitely would have used her! Check out her instagram to truly be blown away with everything she is able to create!
  • Sydney
    Sydney S. Married on 08/08/2020

Simply Amazing Work

Bethany with Joy Unscripted is incredibly talented. My husband and I LOVED all the items Bethany did for us. We had a large chalkboard for our wedding, a seating chart, and table place cards all done by Bethany. Her work was simply amazing. We were in awe of everything she did for us. Leading up to our big day Bethany was a rockstar. She kept us on track with timing and getting her names for the seating chart and place cards. She helped make our dream chalkboard come to life. Bethany, is very responsive and her quality of work is top notch. I would recommend Bethany to any and everyone!!
    Brooke T. Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing! Nailed it!

Bethany has been so great to work with. Would recommend her to anyone. She nailed the details of what we wanted perfectly. Our favorite part was the signature drink board where she drew pictures of our two pups that looked spot on! It definitely was a hit at the wedding and we got sooo many compliments on it. Wish we could do it all over again!!
    Brooke T. Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing! Nailed it!

• Kayla
    Kayla S. Married on 06/07/2020

Bethany is amazing!

Bethany did an amazing job with our invitation suite! We had to reschedule our wedding d/t COVID-19 but without a question she offered to make one invitation with the correct date. She is very easy to work with, creative, and caring. I would highly recommend joy unscripted to anyone!
  • Julia
    Julia T. Married on 05/05/2020

An Amazing Talent

We first learned of Joy Unscripted when her services were included with our venue package, but we quickly learned of Bethany's amazing talent and knew we needed to incorporate her work in other ways! We absolutely loved collaborating with her. My husband woodworks and wanted to make the signage for our wedding. Bethany was totally open to using his creations and made the unique pieces look absolutely stunning with her gorgeous lettering! We also asked her to do the big task of drawing our cat and dog on the chalkboard for us - their portraits blew us away. Literal spitting images! We are so grateful to have collaborated with such a talented vendor! We can't recommend Joy Unscripted enough!
    Lauren Married on 04/25/2020

Amazing, High Quality, & Creative! We Love JoyUnscripted!

My husband and I got married at Chestnut Ridge in Canton, NC a few weeks ago - we had to reschedule our big day from May 2020 of last year due to the pandemic. Rescheduling with Bethany of JoyUnscripted was not only a breeze, but as I wanted to add more onto our original plan she eased all of my concerns/anxieties about getting our details and logistics nailed down for the big day! She effortlessly created our chalkboard bar sign (complete with a hand drawn picture of our pup), created our seating chart on a large gold mirror, and helped us get creative with our table numbers. We used location names instead of traditional numbers with photos of us at that location and fun facts on the back - our guests loved sitting at our favorite locations and everything looked so professional and cohesive. It was easy to upload our ideas into a google drive, communicate through her online portal, and it was so much fun to watch her work come to life on our big day! I cannot recommend her enough!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie P. Married on 03/21/2020

Seating Chart

My husband and I were recommended Joy Unscripted by our wedding planner to help us with our seating chart. I was looking for a large mirror where all our guest names could be organized with table numbers. Bethany was wonderful at providing us a template that was easy to use and was super accommodating at making last minute changes. The mirror turned out gorgeous. We received lots of compliments. I highly recommend Joy Unscripted to any brides looking for these services.
    Virginia M. Married on 03/07/2020

Bethany is so sweet and goes the extra mile for her clients!

Beautiful work from Joy Unscripted (Bethany)! First of all, her work is absolutely stunning!!! I highly recommend following her on Instagram, as she gives you an inside look to her process and everyday business work!

I contacted Bethany just about 2 months before my wedding day in search of day-of signage. She took my requests on short notice, and she was so easy to work with from the very beginning! I changed my mind and updated our invoice 10+ times, and Bethany just rolled with it! I really appreciate her flexibility!

I was planning my wedding from out of town (From Ohio), and Bethany was super flexible allowing me to Amazon Prime my pieces to her. She went above and beyond to make sure I was happy with my chalkboards! She worked with me on pickups and dropoffs...bending her schedule a bit to help me out!

And that leads me to my next point -- I was a very small order for Bethany, as I only used her services for day-of signage. However, I never felt like a "small order." She is a great business lady, and I appreciate her treating my little order just like any other! She is extremely talented and takes care of her clients as if they are her best friends!

I love supporting small businesses, and I loved supporting Joy Unscripted for my big day. I would highly recommend Bethany for day-of signage or any other wedding paper goods you may need! And again, follow her on Instagram - You'll see the talent at work! :)
  • Gabriella
    Gabriella M. Married on 11/29/2019

Bethany is amazing!

Bethany was a JOY to work with. She was amazing at replying to emails and questions. She kept us on track without every being pushy and everything turned out beautiful!!! I would definitely recommend Joy Unscripted to anyone wanting to add that extra touch to their special day.
  • Samantha
    Samantha C. Married on 11/16/2019

Highly recommended

Bethany helped make our wedding day so special with custom made pieces for our welcome sign, seating arrangements, and our reception timeline! We received countless compliments from our guests, and now we have beautiful memories to keep in our home. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Very professional, kind, and wonderful. We will be order items in the future for other life milestones, guaranteed!
    Christina S. Married on 11/09/2019

Very highly recommend!!

Bethany was simply amazing. I knew she would be doing our chalkboard design, and I felt completely comfortable trusting her to create a beautiful piece of art. Our chalkboard design turned out perfect, and she even made the most perfect welcome sign with very short notice. All of our guests loved taking pictures with it! She is so talented. Can't thank Bethany enough!
  • Lauren
    Lauren D. Married on 11/02/2019

Beautiful & Afforable

Bethany is not only a joy to work with, but her work is so beautiful AND affordable. She created my table numbers, seating chart, welcome signage, custom watercolor menus, and more. Every time I wanted to make a change or add something to my order, Bethany was so amenable and positive! It means a lot to work with someone who is confident and efficient at what they do during a time where you have so many items to juggle. I'd highly recommend her for not just weddings, but any event! Thank you, Bethany!