Jovanni Photography Reviews

35 Reviews for Jovanni Photography

35 Jovanni Photography Reviews
  • Q

quan · Married on 06/30/2018

Simple, stress-free, and excellent photography quality. These are the top three qualities that stood out to me throughout the long process of wedding planning and execution. Jove and his wife annie came highly recommended to me by another photographer pal of mine, and they did not dissapoint in the least.

From the beginning, things flowed smoothly. They answered all of my questions and were quite flexible in terms of different options and packages. They were easy-going, laid back, and just overall friendly people. We knew instantly that photography would be something we did not have to worry about.

Out of all the different things that we had to keep track of for the wedding (cake, venue, flowers, photobooth, etc), the photography was something that we rarely thought about it. Jove and his wife were in communication throughout the entire planning phase, and was very clear on the overall timeline of the actual wedding day such that there were no hiccups on the day of. Jove and his wife were always on point and made the wedding day flow smoothly.

Besides the fact that Jove and Annie are standout people, they are top-notch photographers. They captured all the important moments and all of my family and friends were blown away when they saw the photos.

Jove and Annie are the best and I highly recommend them!

Christopher · Married on 06/15/2018

Overall amazing and wonderful photographers. They both captured the amazing and wonderful moment were I said I do to my wife Kelsey. There prices, responsiveness, professionalism are without a doubt the best I seen. I will recommend them to all my friends and I look forward to see what they can do for us in the future.

Jovanni Photography 3
    Jovanni Photography 4

Tracy · Married on 04/14/2018

I reached out to them via their website and they quickly responded and answered all of our questions. We quickly set up a date to meet and discuss the logistics. For our engagement photos they were very accommodating in suggesting different places we can go to and also open to ideas we had of our own. They arrived to the park first and “scoped” out the location so by the time we got there they quickly knew where to go for the best photos. Anni helped guide my fiancé and me and casual reminded us “not to smoosh our noses” during our photos. We never had professional photos taken together so we didn’t know what to do but they both helped us, guiding us how to pose, where to place our hands etc for the best photos. We quickly got our photos back and the on line viewing gallery they have make it super easy to view, download and share. The photos were amazing. We were shocked we looked so good. The hardest part was actually choosing which photos to use for the wedding! As for the Wedding Day, they were always there capturing every moment but yet you didn’t even notice they were there yet every moment was captured. When I say every moment I’m talking the scheduled moments and those behind the scene that I wasn’t there for. Now our wedding had a lot of details and they got it all on picture. I’m talking each table had a different center piece and they got it all. They were always there taking photos. The thing that surprised me most was all the behind the scenes photos and photos of our guest they captured. It was as if they were our second set of eyes during the wedding. They were there till the very end, capturing all the fun dance moves everyone busted out. For the final product, we got all of our photos in less than a month from our wedding. The hardest part was going through them and picking out which ones we liked best. Long story short, the only thing we have to say is...why are you still reading?!?!? Contact Them!!!!

Kaleigh · Married on 03/24/2018

Jove & Annie were the dream team for our wedding. We could not have chosen a better duo to capture the fun, the happiness and the love this wedding was filled with. Our first meeting we were nervous of what to expect- we found them off the preferred vendors list of our wedding coordinators (shout out to the double knot twins!). Anyways, it went so smooth that we knew we made the right choice. They sent out a survey of sorts before the wedding to ensure they knew what we were expecting on the special day. They were both prompt, professional and a lot of fun to work with & made the day go seamlessly. The pictures are better than we could have ever imagined and I HIGHLY recommend them for your special day!

Jovanni Photography 5
    Jovanni Photography 10
    Jovanni Photography 11
    Jovanni Photography 12

Ron · Married on 10/07/2017

My Name is Ron Andaya the owner of www.CenterpeicEvents.com Its always a privilege to be working side by side with one of my favorite photography company in this industry. They have a style and look that is un-match from other vendors. Their attention to details and quality is outstanding. Working with them, makes our job much more easy and fun. No need to babysit then, as they are professional and knowledgeable in their craft. I can’t say enough about them! So, take a moment of your time and reach out to them for your next event.

Chelsea · Married on 10/07/2017

We found Jovanni Photography on accident. I had emailed another photographer who was unavailable and he referred me to Jovanni. Once I emailed them Jove was quick to respond, which I quickly learned was normal, and we set up an appointment to meet them. Jove and Annie were both wonderful from the moment we met them. I knew that they were perfect, not only by their professionalism, pleasantness, honesty, and helpfulness, but because they are Jayhawk fans. Our wedding colors were purple and silver for my grandmother's favorite team, the Kansas State Wildcats. It was my grandmother's final illness and passing that brought me and my husband together eight years ago. Our colors were one way in which we could have her there in spirit. Now anyone who knows anything about Kansas Collegiate sports knows that to say these two teams are rivals is an understatement. But my grandmother, like Jove and Annie, had a wonderful sense of humor and I felt that she was telling me that Jove and Annie were the perfect photographers for us. Meeting another couple with a connection to Kansas, when we were all the way in southern California, could not be mere coincidence. We booked them immediately and it was one of the best decisions we made during the whole course of the wedding planning. They were always quick to respond, helpful in answering all our questions and even answering the questions we did not know to ask (there is a lot of questions you won't know to ask), they were always smiling and displaying their senses of humor. We immediately felt comfortable with them, even though posing for professional photos is a strange and uncomfortable feeling at first, and they made a stressful process and day easy and fun. Their photos are absolutely stunning! And the guestbook from our engagement photos is amazing! I cannot say enough them. It turned out not to be an accident that we found them, but a blessing! Grandma Opie always knew best! Thank you Jove and Annie for everything! Go Wildcats!

Mark · Married on 10/07/2017

Jove and Annie were amazing from the moment we met them. They answered every question we had and even prepared us for questions we didn't know to ask. They made our engagement photo session a very memorable experience. They drove down to San Diego to shoot our photos at the beautiful Balboa Park. The engagement photo album they made us to use as our guestbook at our wedding was absolutely stunning. Every email we sent was met with an immediate response. Jove and Annie showed up early to our wedding to ensure they had plenty of time to get the shots they needed. By the time our wedding day arrived, Jove and Annie felt like old friends. We have had so many positive comments on how beautiful our photos are from friends and family. I would recommend Jove and Annie to anyone that is looking for professional, responsive, and overall amazing photographers. Thank you to Jove and Annie for making our experiences ones that we will never forget.

Lindsey · Married on 09/02/2017

Jove and Annie are so easy and fun to work with. We love their style and their pricing was reasonable for such good quality. They are very accommodating and flexible and was there my whole wedding day which I didn't anticipate originally. They're always responsive and know how to capture your wedding, they listen and take notes on any concerns or desires you may have which I appreciated. They're also very fast in getting your photos to you and always true to their word. I highly recommend them

• W

Will · Married on 05/21/2017

One of the best wedding decisions we made was choosing Jovanni Photography as our wedding photographer! My wife and I are beyond thrilled and very thankful to them for capturing our wedding day at Noor Pasadena on 5/21/2017.

From our initial meeting, we could tell they have a real passion for what they do. They showed the utmost professionalism at all times and always willing to take the time to answer any questions we had about the day of the wedding, various types of pictures, and their pricing options. Very easy to deal with and great communication. They also brought along a wedding album to show us a sample of their amazing work! This really helped us to visualize their aesthetic, see the actual product of their work, and made our decision to hire them even easier!

They placed a lot of emphasis on planning to ensure all our needs were met and ‘must have pictures’ were taken on the day of our wedding. They created a timeline that aligned with the various activities taking place throughout the day, which helped to keep things running smoothly.

On the day of the wedding, they arrived at the venue early to survey the location for the best photo opportunities and promptly began taking pictures according to schedule. From the pre-wedding pictures, to the ceremony, to the reception, Jove and Annie were always there to capture the moment. Great moments at that! They also did a great job directing us to get the best pictures possible and they worked well, and in sync, with our videographer. Overall, all the pictures we took were well done, creative, and eye-catching. Shortly after we returned from our honeymoon, our pictures were already uploaded to their site for us to review and select our favorite ones to create our wedding album.

Do yourself a favor and hire Jovanni Photography for your wedding! It’ll be the best wedding decision you make!

Paul · Married on 10/23/2016

Jovanni photography were the ultimate professionals. It was hard to get either party to be together, then it rained but they were able to adapt to the situation & made our pics memorable.

Jessica · Married on 09/09/2016

Our pictures were beautiful! The shots taken went so quickly so we were still able to enjoy the wedding while they captured some great shots. They were extremely professional. Their work is amazing and we highly recommend them as a wedding photographers.

Mollie · Married on 02/27/2016

This review is a little late but we booked Jovanni Photography for our wedding on Feb. 27, 2016 by recommendation from a friend. They were friendly, flexible, and easy to work with. They got a webpage set up with our photos back for review waaaay faster than expected (not long after we got back from our honeymoon) and they looked amazing! The prints we got were also great quality! I would highly recommend these guys!

Jovanni took our engagement photos. They followed our vision and provided additional amazing ideas and direction. They worked out a package that fit our needs and were very responsive. The photos were beautiful. There was a great mix of traditional portraits and artistic shots. The best!

• Vanessa

Vanessa · Married on 08/08/2015

Husband and wife photography team that we used for our engagement, pre-wedding, and wedding photos. They are extremely responsive, take pride in their work, flexible, and on top of all that, affordable! Our wedding was in Maui, so since it was a destination wedding (they're based in Southern California), they gave us a free additional photo session in Maui (our pre-wedding session). We shopped around for a good photography team, since that's really all you have left after the wedding. Some things that we saw that differentiated this photography team from others, is that they didn't cap the # of hours that they spent with you--they just cared that they got good shots and ultimately that we got what we wanted. Our engagement session definitely ran long, as we wanted photos in a lot of spots, but they were super patient and happy to take whatever photos we wanted. They are also very personable, and made us feel comfortable while they were taking photos of us (my husband and I aren't big on pictures, so that's saying a lot!). Their pricing is also extremely reasonable--you'll find that with other photographers, flash drives of your photos, photo albums, and all the "extra" stuff will cost you a ton on top of the package fee. The photo albums are of amazingly fancy quality, with lay flat binding, and the flash drive that they give of all (not select, but ALL) our photos was in this fancy case with fabric and made of some kind of clear glass. They also gave a burned DVD of the pictures.

Jovanni's package (at least the package we got, which wasn't even the most expensive package) included: engagement session, engagement photo album (many use as the guest book), wedding session (full day--unlike many others who only give you ~5 hours and charge you extra for any additional time), pre-wedding session, wedding photo album, huge photo canvas of a photo of our choice, all pictures on both a flash drive and a DVD (1 DVD for each session). Highly recommended!

Amazing photographers! We planned our wedding long distance, and we communicated mostly through email and phone. Jove and Annie were very helpful throughout the wedding planning process. On our wedding day, Jove and Annie even arrived 30 min early and got straight to work! They were both very friendly, happy, and helpful throughout the day. Following our wedding, they were able to mail us a USB of the pictures in a timely manner. And the photos turned out great!

Ryan · Married on 12/19/2014

Jovanni Photography is a great company to work with altogether. Meeting with them the first time I felt comfortable communicating. It was an instant connection. They handled my wife and I very well. They catered to all of our ideas on what we wanted them to catch on our wedding. I knew they would do a great job because they were hired for my nephews first birthday. Jovanni Photography did an awesome job then and also for our big day as well. It didn't matter what they had to do to achieve the perfect photo. Even if Jove had to squeeze into a tight corner or even lay on the ground. He was determined to get the best angle for a shot. They are a fantastic group to work with. I would most definitely recommend them for any type of event you would want to have. All of the memories they capture are cherished forever.

Trisha · Married on 12/19/2014

I am glad that my husband and I made the best choice of having Jovanni Photography be part of our Disney Wedding. This husband and wife duo are professional, energetic, fun, and friendly. On the day of our wedding, they made us feel comfortable and that we could be ourselves. They reassured our personalities shine. When we saw all of our pictures, it brought us back to that day. Our wedding photos were incredible! They truly captured every significant memory! It is hard to pick a favorite picture, but one of them is a photo of my grandpa tearing up. My grandpa was a person that doesn't show too much emotions. However, that day was different. I am thankful that they were able to capture that moment. It is one of my treasured memories. Our families were amazed and impressed of all the photos they took. We are honored to have them document our important chapter of our lives! If you are looking for a fun and thorough photographers, then don't look no further!

Alyssa · Married on 10/11/2014

Jove and Annie are the best! They are very professional, punctual, work within your budget, have an amazingly fast turn around, and best of all, take amazing photos. They are flexible with your schedule and are willing to travel….so easy to work with! They did a great job with our wedding and we couldn't be happier. Highly recommended!!!

Jovanni did the photography for our wedding; they were great! The photos are wonderful!

Jennifer · Married on 05/03/2014

Jove and Annie are amazingly talented and very professional! Our photos turned out beautiful and they were able to capture all the wonderful moments and details of our day. I highly recommend Jovanni Photography!

Chelsea · Married on 04/26/2014

Jove and his wife (Annie) are amazing people. Their creativity and vision are incredible. With all the stress of planning a wedding, it is nice to hire people who are responsive, professional and flexible. Thank you so much for all their hard work and the photos for both our engagement and wedding came out perfectly! If you are not using them, you are missing out on one of the best kept secret in LA!!!!

Alisa · Married on 09/07/2013

Jovanni (Jove and Annie) were referred to us by a close friend of ours and have become our friends in the process. They had great photo packages and were willing work with our budget. Jovanni have been great to work with from the first consultation, to the engagement photo session, to the wedding day, editing and publishing of the photo album. Jovanni listened to what we wanted as a couple and made sure to get every photo opportunity possible. We did roughly a 2 hour engagement photo session in Pasadena. We went to places that they had scouted out to fit the backgrounds we wanted in for our engagement photos. They were very professional and had creative poses for us to make our engagement session unique.

The day of the wedding Jove and Annie arrived early to the hotel to where the bridal party preparing for the day. We decided not to do a first look photo session, but Jovanni found the perfect spot in the hotel for us to have our Blind Chat session. We used a stairwell and we talked to each other from opposite sides of a wall. It was private and worked really well for us. After the blind chat it was “go” time for the individual groomsmen and bridesmaids photos and then to the venue for the ceremony and reception. The ceremony photos really captured each moment from every tear to every smile on everyone’s face. Through the pictures we were able to re live our ceremony. After the ceremony we did scenic photos on the venue property and did some throughout the night. The reception photos captured everything from the family photos, place setting, programs, candy bar, Bride and Groom grand entrance, speeches, Lion Dance, bouquet, garter toss, cake cutting, dancing and reception site photos. Not a moment was missed.
    Jovanni were on time, professional, took creative photos and had great communication. We highly recommend working with Jovanni.

Kelly · Married on 10/06/2012

Jove and Annie were great from the start. Our one-on-one meeting 5 months before the wedding really helped us explain the types of photos we were looking forward to taking. More than just nailing down the specifics of the types of photos, they took time to get to know us as a couple, making our interaction with them the day of the wedding very comfortable.
    They were very professional throughout the entire process. By far the best photos Garrett and I have ever taken together. Some of my family members even told me that when they looked over the photos posted on the blog it was like they were reliving the day all over again. Jove and Annie were able to capture the emotional moments without me even noticing they where there.

They are definitely worth booking for your wedding day.

• Corina

Corina · event on: 11/13/2011

Jove and Annie are amazing photographers! They are flexible with their schedule. They based in Corona, CA but drove all the way down to San Diego to shoot mine and my fiance's engagement session. They know what they are doing and will also listen to any ideas that you may have. The pictures came out amazing, My fiance doesn't really know how to smile when a camera is focused on him, but they still managed to capture moments of him smiling :)