294 Reviews for Journeys of the Heart

Civil Union (2)
Buddhist (1)
Earth-Based (1)
293 Journeys of the Heart Reviews

We contacted Journeys of the Heart to perform our wedding ceremony after they were recommended by our venue (Manayunk Brewing Company). We went with Diane Smith-Hoban as our officiant. When we first met with Diane, she gave us some ideas for the ceremony including different unity ceremonies we could include, readings and scripts for our vows which was a huge help because my husband and I had no idea what we wanted our ceremony to be like. A couple weeks later we made some selections on the ceremony script and then filled out a questionnaire to help Diane get to know us as a couple. We ended up with a ceremony that was so sweet, personal and unique. We did a beer ritual as the "unity ceremony" which involved both of us mixing our favorite beers together and drinking it (we made a black and tan!). The ceremony also included a section where Diane spoke about our story as a couple based on the questionnaire we filled out. When the ceremony was over, our guests could not stop talking about how unique our ceremony was and how awesome the officiant was! Everybody thought that we had known Diane for years based on how she spoke about us. We are so happy we went with Diane and Journeys of the Heart and we would recommend them to everyone!

Profile Picture Stacey, 6/2/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Non-religious

We chose Kipp as our officiant...and he was perfect! The ceremony was absolutely beautiful. Every single person in the audience cried, including the bride and groom. Kipp took some time before the ceremony to get to know us a bit and allowed us to customize the ceremony anyway we wanted. He provided a list of oft-used readings, prayers, vows, blessings, etc. as guidance, but let us choose what we wanted to include and exclude (from these lists or from any other sources). The creme de la creme of the ceremony, though, was the beautiful homily Kipp wrote about our relationship, which he managed to capture perfectly despite only having spoke to us a few times. The whole ceremony was heartfelt, sweet, at times funny, and spiritual without being religious. After the ceremony he also mailed our marriage certificate in for us & provided us with a copy of the ceremony language in a binder, so we will always be able to keep and remember the words he used to marry us. Seriously, I couldn't recommend Kipp or Journey's of the Heart enough -- 10 stars!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/19/18, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Non-religious, Agnostic

Loved our officiant and ceremony sooooooo much!! Our guests told us it was the best and most moving ceremony they had ever been to!
Personal, loving, touching, unique, and funny because it is a customized one of a kind ceremony all about you and your partner, which is what we loved and which made it so special ❤️

Profile Picture Deb, 5/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jim was absolutely amazing from the moment we met him! Kris and I felt as though Jim was genuine, warm and truly happy for us and our future. Jim was extremely easy to work with and was always quick to respond with any questions we may have thought up. The ceremony he delivered was ABSOLUTELY beautiful! He provided us with a ton of resources and choices so that our ceremony could feel as personal as we wanted it to be and that is exactly what it was! Our guests have not stopped talking about how heartwarming our ceremony was! From the way Jim put together our love story to allowing us time to recite our own vows, it was perfect! We can't thank you enough for making the most important moment of our lives simply perfect! We highly recommend Jim and Journeys of the Heart to anyone in search of a beautiful ceremony! Thank you Jim!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/8/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Catholic, No Denomination, Single Religion

Kipp was outstanding! He was flexible on the ceremony script /style and his delivery was great!

Profile Picture Christopher, 5/5/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed

Susan Harte with Journeys of the Heart was fantastic!! The moment we met her, she made us feel very comfortable. She walked us through her process and heard our story in detail. She took copious amounts of notes. We wanted to incorporate elements of a Hindu marriage ritual into a western style ceremony. We shared a few ideas with her but we didn’t know exactly how to do this fusing of styles.

A few days later she sent over a first draft of the ceremony and had done quite a bit more research into the Hindu traditions we wanted. After we reviewed and slightly edited the first draft, we were pretty much done! We knew we were in good hands from the start, but her thoroughness and thoughtfulness really came through in the days leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day. She made the two of us, our family, and our friends that were part of the ceremony feel welcome and at ease.

Thank you, Susan, for officiating our wedding. We’re so grateful to you and Journeys of the Heart. Highly recommend!
- Sam & Chris

Profile Picture Samy, 4/28/18, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed

Kevin Barr and Journeys of the Heart really brought our day together. Kevin worked with us long distance via facetime, phone calls, and email to make sure our wedding was exactly how we pictured it. He asked questions and really got to know our love for each other and was able to bring that out during our ceremony. Kevin was able to incorporated our NYE theme into our vows in a way that was beautiful. Our guests raved about our ceremony and how they really felt the love that Kevin spoke about. I highly recommend this vendor's services.

Profile Picture Camille, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

We are so thrilled to have had Susanne as the officiant for our intimate wedding! She crafted a ceremony that was touching, personal, and truly the center of our day. We could not have asked for a warmer person to invite into a day that otherwise consisted of family only.

From the first time we met with Susanne a few months before, she put us at ease and thoroughly explained the process of building a ceremony, giving us options for what we might want to include. We wanted our family to feel like they were involved in our union, not just witnessing it. She suggested rituals like a ring warming and readings done by our mothers. Although neither of us are practicing, both sets of parents are, so we wanted a ceremony that walked that line in a way that made all parties comfortable. Susanne immediately knew what would work for us, and once we read her first draft we knew we were in good hands.

Leading up to the day, we all worked together to put everything together - our poorly worded suggestions were turned into beautifully written parts of our finished ceremony. She was very flexible, making changes up until the night before. I would recommend her to anyone, and I can't picture our day with anybody else. Thank you, Susanne!

Profile Picture Julia, 12/28/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were lucky enough to secure Bob Pileggi as our officiant from Journeys. He was wonderful! He was very responsive to our emails, flexible with our schedule, and gave us the tools to really personalize our ceremony. We received so many compliments during our cocktail hour about the ceremony and how it was very representative of our relationship. Bob made us feel very comfortable and made sure our ceremony was exactly what we wanted. I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Michelle , 11/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Eve was absolutely wonderful! From the moment we met her, she was so warm and inviting. She described her services as being very flexible and accommodating to however we wanted our wedding to go. That said, she assured us that she’d share many ideas with us so we didn’t have to come up with everything from scratch. She shared tons of readings, ways to do vows, ways to exchange rings, how to integrate the story of how we met, and suggested transitions for one part of the ceremony to the next. She integrated the couple of religious traditions we wanted, and suggested ways to begin and to end. The final result? Eve helped us create an INCREDIBLY beautiful and touching ceremony. I had many of my friends and family come up to us, completely unsolicited, and the first thing out of their mouth was how beautiful they found it to be. One of my husband’s friend commented, after he heard my husband say his vows, that even HE was ready to marry him My cousins (who were much more religious than I) also commented on the loveliness of the ceremony which was a huge complement. My mother-in-law described it as a wonderful mixture of humanism with religious traditions mixed in. She loved it. My parents did as well. Thank you so much Eve for such a great and memorable experience.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/22/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, Jewish, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Eileen,
We just want to thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for you everything you did for us to make our wedding ceremony absolutely perfect. We appreciate how helpful and communicative you were with us. We absolutely loved meeting at your home for the first time, that really gave us the opportunity to connect. You were so wonderful through the entire planning process, and we can't thank you enough for that. The love story was so beautiful and perfect, although I did have to tune out for a moment because I felt myself getting very emotional!
Big BIG hugs to you, we enjoyed every moment working with you!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/20/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Eve Wenger from Journeys of the Heart was our officiant at our wedding. I have nothing but AMAZING things to say about Eve! From our very first meeting we felt so comfortable with Eve, and we knew we had to look no further! She is so kind, warm, and caring, and she went above and beyond to make our ceremony everything we wanted. It was more beautiful than we could have ever imagined! We received so many compliments from our guests on how beautiful our ceremony was and how incredible of a job Eve did! She kept in touch all throughout our planning process and was incredibly detail-oriented. She made our ceremony so personal and was always very respectful of our wishes. She was so easy to communicate with, and we thoroughly enjoyed working with her from beginning to end!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Licensed, No Denomination

My husband and I chose David Braneky as our officiant. We were both brought up in the Catholic Church and still have ties to it, so we wanted a ceremony that mixed together the formality of a Catholic ceremony, along with the religious references, while also still remaining fairly secular. David really seemed to understand what we wanted from our first meeting with him and the ceremony he put together was exactly what we wanted but didn't know how to put into words. We felt very comfortable with David almost immediately and this feeling continued on through our wedding day. He connected individually with both my husband and me before our ceremony and both of us agree that he helped bring a calm atmosphere that made any nerves lessen or disappear completely. I am so happy with how our ceremony turned out and would highly, highly recommend him to any couples looking for the perfect compromise between a serious ceremony and a more relaxed one!

Profile Picture Sara, 10/14/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, Catholic

Joe S officiated our wedding ceremony this past October and he was excellent! We are still receiving compliments on how wonderful the ceremony was. Joe helped us customize our ceremony and it was perfect. Thank you Joe!

Profile Picture Catherine, 10/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Kevin Barr helped us create a beautiful custom wedding ceremony. He was kind, professional and took the time to get to know us and our “love story.” There were no surprises. We went through every detail, from wedding vows to ceremony tips.

We had a small wedding, with no rehearsal; yet with Kevin’s guidance, it went as planned. Our ceremony was both spiritual and meaningful. The bonus is we have a new friend and have planned a dinner with Kevin and his wife.

We strongly recommend couples seek Kevin’s guidance and wisdom. You will be so pleased!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Susan was wonderful, so patient with us and allowed us to easily put together a secular sermon. Additionally she was patient as we edited the final draft and came up with our story to share with family and friends. I couldn't have asked for any better officiant!

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/7/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious

Looking back on our wedding day, the ceremony is 10000% our favorite part of the whole day, and that is thanks in very large part to Maria Odilia! She was such a joy to work with that day and in the months leading up to it. From the first time we met her, we just knew that it was the right fit. She has such a peaceful and calming energy, which for me is exactly the presence I needed during this huge event! I can't say enough about the energy that emanates from Maria; it imbues her every word with so much comfort. She spoke so beautifully with us, for us, and about us during the ceremony. We were a little nervous about how our families (Catholic) would react to the service, but the praise has not stopped! Many have told us it was the most beautiful ceremony they had ever witnessed! Maria worked with us to make the ceremony perfect for us, but it's not just the words- it's how they are delivered, and she has an incredible gift in that regard. I will probably never stop singing Maria's praises. I just feel so grateful that we found her, she helped us have the wedding ceremony better than we could've dreamed!

Photo for Journeys of the Heart Review - Our immediate families got to talk with Maria and loved her!
Photo for Journeys of the Heart Review - Telling "our love story" there was laughter and tears!
Profile Picture Amy, 9/1/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: No Denomination, Single Religion, Customized Vows, Licensed

Our officiant, Tara, was perfect for us! Initially when planning our wedding, I wanted my grandfather who married my parents to marry me and my husband. Unfortunately his health was not agreeable to my plans. When we were looking for officiants, we heard good things about Journey of the Heart from many people including our catering company and one of our photographers who had used JOH for her ceremony. We met with Tara in person to discuss and we had good feelings towards her immediately. It turns out we were right and she was great! We enjoyed working with her and her guidance while we created our ceremony. She provided some direction for our vows and we felt our ceremony flowed perfectly. We felt like she genuinely cared about getting our story and creating a special day that we would remember. We felt very comfortable with her which helps from beginning to end with wedding planning. We highly recommend Journey of the Heart and Tara!

Profile Picture Abby, 9/16/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Gabrielle Kaplan-Mayer was amazing to work with. She was sensitive and respectful to our needs as a interfaith family. The ceremony was absolutely beautiful and everyone felt comfortable which was our main concern. The entire focus was on the couple and their love for one another. We can't say enough wonderful things about Gabby and are very grateful to have learned about Journeys of the Heart.
Bruce & Hilde Sham

Profile Picture Bruce, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: No Denomination, Customized Vows, Licensed, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Diane is amazing!! Prior to booking, my husband and I met with Diane to go over our needs and wants for our wedding ceremony. We knew from the beginning that we wanted something simple, non-denominational and "us." as far as ideas and thoughts, she mentioned everything we had been thinking. We knew immediately after our meeting that she was meant to be our officiant. Working with her was so easy, and she was always just an email away if we needed any help. After our wedding, so many people asked "Did you know your officiant? She did such an awesome job - it was like she knew you and Chris exactly!" She was a pleasure to work with, and we will definitely be recommending her!

Profile Picture Alexa, 9/15/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal, Non-religious

Journeys of the Heart and our officiant, Jim, made our wedding day very special. There was warmth, friendliness and professionalism with every interaction and we are so grateful - thank you!

Profile Picture Melissa and Matt, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jim Haley from Journeys of the Heart officiated our September 2, 2017 wedding. He honestly could not have made our ceremony more perfect. With just one phone call, an in-person meeting, and a questionnaire, Jim was able to create a full ceremony from start to finish. A number of our guests commented that they thought Jim knew us based on how personal the ceremony felt. He was also extremely helpful in combining our African-American and Jewish traditions into one cohesive event. Jim was highly responsive and made us feel at ease throughout the entire process. Thank you, Jim, for helping us create the ceremony of our dreams!

Profile Picture Tanaya, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Jewish, Interfaith Ceremony, Customized Vows

Journeys of the heart was incredible to work with. Our officiant Maria Odillia met with us and was genuinely interested in our love story and in crafting the perfect ceremony for us. We could not be more happy with the ceremony. Thank you!

Profile Picture Tim, 8/26/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Agnostic, Earth-Based

My husband and I had David Braneky officiate our non religious wedding ceremony about a month ago. He worked with us to create a casual, simple yet fun and personalized ceremony outline. The end results were even better than we thought! Of course walking down the aisle and staying calm during your wedding ceremony can be tricky, but David had us and all of our guests laughing (what we wanted) as he retold our story in the beginning of the ceremony. It really broke the ice and set a happy mood for the remainder of the ceremony and was the perfect beginning to a perfect night! He was an excellent speaker, worked the crowd and was charismatic. All in all we wanted our ceremony to be fun and light hearted, to reflect who both are as people. It was perfect! Do not hesitate to book David or JOTH for your ceremony, they really were as good as the reviews.

Profile Picture Julia, 8/18/17, 2 Reviews