Journeys of the Heart Reviews

355 | Jenkintown, PA

355 Reviews for Journeys of the Heart

• Amanda

Amanda M. · Married on 12/31/2020

Susan was witty and perfect

Susan Harte officiated our wedding. she had slight humor and really expressed the love between us. All the way from the very first draft I knew we were in good hands. she was the perfect person for our big day and her cute bride and groom selfie at the end made us love her even more!

Sent on 01/03/2021
  • Melissa

Melissa R. · Married on 12/19/2020

Wonderful Experience

My husband and I knew we didn't want a "religious" wedding and Journeys of the Heart was recommended by our wedding venue. Brian Dixon was our officiant and our experience with him was great from start to finish. He made us feel comfortable, was flexible when we had to postpone due to COVID, and was very accommodating when I asked if he could incorporate details about my grandmother who had passed away after our original wedding date. I love how he personalized our ceremony with our love story and made it more special.

Sent on 01/06/2021
  • AW

Aw · Married on 10/30/2020

Diane from Journeys of the Heart is a truly special lady!

We were so blessed to have been led to Diane from Journeys of the Heart. From the first time I spoke with her on the phone, I knew she was THE person meant to officiate our short non denominational ceremony in Glen Mills, PA during COVID. When I met her, I felt like I was connecting with an old friend! She is so kind and genuine, and truly took her time getting to know the story of us, and was always quick to respond to any questions we had, and made time to have video chats with us (we lived too far away to easily meet up) we didn't even rehearse with Diane prior to our wedding day and she still showed up early, completely prepared and made the ceremony perfect with her beautiful presence.

Sent on 11/09/2020

Tom L. · Married on 10/10/2020

Maura Bernt with Journeys of the Heart Delivered!

My wife Lynne and I hired Maura Bernt of Journeys of the Heart to officiate our wedding, and she was fantastic! We substantially downsized our plans due to Covid, so it was only our immediate families on my parents' property in West Grove, PA. Maura asked us to fill out a survey in the weeks leading up to our wedding, which she used to write a touching and intimate "love story" for the ceremony. Maura was prepared, showed up on time, respectful of Covid protocols, flexible with changing plans (we had to move the ceremony from the back yard to the front porch because of rain), and set the perfect tone. She also did a great job handling the paperwork to make our marriage official in the eyes of the state. We were very pleased with Maura's work!

Sent on 11/30/2020

Paige N. · Married on 10/06/2020

Amazing Wedding Day

Journey's of the Heart set us up with officiant Jim Haley for our wedding in June of 2019. Jim was absolutely amazing to work with. He was friendly, prepared, organized, and thorough. He met with us early on and asked us questions to get to know us better. We wanted a more traditional wedding because my husbands grandmother wanted us to get married in a church but we decided not to. Jim went above and beyond to make our ceremony everything we wanted it to be. He even made sure to use the Philadelphia Eagles a big part of the ceremony because my husband and I are HUGE fans. We received so many compliments about how unique, engaging and personalized our ceremony was. We are BEYOND amazed and happy with all of Jim's work and are so grateful to have had him as our officiant ! Thank you again so much for making our day amazing !!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Chrisoula L. · Married on 09/19/2020

Susan Harte was amazing and accomodating

We had a last minute hiccup with our ordainor and Susan was available to help last minute. Our ceremony was memorable and amazing!

Sent on 09/20/2020
  • Allison

Allison B. · Married on 09/19/2020

Flexibility, patience, joy, and professionalism

We had a last-minute, pandemic-necessitated, outdoor, bilingual micro-wedding in September, at a friend's house in Bucks County. Maura Bernt was our officiant, and was honestly a joy to work with. She was a superb guide for us - we had no idea what we were doing! - and such a calming and kind presence throughout the planning process and the ceremony itself. Our guests were amazed at how "us" the ceremony was, how personal and touching Maura made it, and one person remarked that they'd like Maura to basically follow her around and officiate her whole life :) She has, I suspect, some sort of actual superpowers involving patience and compassion - she wrangled wayward wedding party members, calmed an anxious bride, crafted a beautiful ceremony in two languages, and somehow managed to deliver it in such a way that both my husband and I felt grounded and present the whole time.

Sent on 11/23/2020
  • Hilary

Hilary M. · Married on 09/19/2020

Wonderful experience

We worked with Brian Dixon as our officiant for our 9/19 wedding. He was wonderful to work with even as we changed plans during pandemic wedding planning. We would recommend him 100%!

Sent on 01/17/2021
  • Rachel

Rachel C. · Married on 09/03/2020

Amazing experience

Journey of the Heart was critical to ensuring that our wedding day would be the best day of our lives! When meeting our officiant, she was completely open-minded and fully engaged in learning about our story and relationship. She turned our simple words and memories into a beautiful, heart-felt, pure, and amazing ceremony. Everyone continuously comments on how well she had conducted the ceremony and molded it to who we are. We were always grateful for her kind words and support throughout the entire process.

Sent on 03/26/2020
  • Alyssa

Alyssa A. · Married on 07/10/2020

Eve Wenger is wonderful!

Eve Wenger of Journeys of the Heart was absolutely wonderful to work with. From start to finish, she made sure that the most important part of our day was perfect. From the first time we met Eve, we knew she was the one we wanted to marry us. She took her time in getting to know us, spent countless hours on perfecting our ceremony ensuring that our feedback was all captured. She made our wedding day absolutely perfect and everyone raved about our ceremony after. Eve was wonderful to work with from day one and up through and even after our wedding. Not only did she perform such a beautiful ceremony, she left us with the most special gift..a copy of our entire wedding ceremony all beautifully typed up and binded together. We have already recommended Eve to other newly engaged couples. You will not be sorry if you choose Eve for your special day.

Sent on 01/03/2020
  • Jessica

Jessica E. · Married on 05/29/2020

Highly recommend!!

When we started to plan our wedding, the ceremony felt like it would be more of a formality. After meeting Diane from Journeys of the Heart, we fell in love her ideas and realized how special our ceremony would be! Since we had planned our wedding for Spring 2020, the 150 person event that we had originally planned turned into an elopement style ceremony due to COVID19. Diane was extremely flexible, understanding and supportive as we navigated adjusting our wedding plans. Although our ceremony required some modifications, it turned out to be a beautiful and memorable event! Diane was also quick to lend a helping hand and went above and beyond her duties as an officiant. We feel so lucky to have found such a caring officiant!!

Sent on 06/19/2020

Kelly · Married on 12/06/2019

Kipp Gilmore-Clough was AMAZING!

Highly recommend Kipp Gilmore-Clough from Journeys of the heart.

I’m pretty sure right after my ceremony all my guests already stared spreading the word about how ABSOLUTELY AMAZING Kipp Gilmore-Clough was. Talk about pleasing a crowd!

So let me be honest, I wasn’t sure what we were supposed to be looking for in an officiant. We met Kipp once in person and walking out from our meeting we obviously liked him but just thought “it’s a quick ceremony - all you really need is someone to speak to your guests and marry you - easy enough.” We’ve been to weddings before (and again being honest) I don’t remember their officiant because they weren’t memorable - but that’s what sets Kipp apart from all officiants.

Kipp was the most memorable and the most amazing human to speak on our behalf. We were blown away with him. Kipp interacted with our guests, he had them laughing and crying and I have pictures to prove it! I received pictures back from our photographer and all pictures taking during the ceremony of our guests showed such emotion- it was beautiful. My favorite candid picture is of our parents - during the ceremony they had this genuine laugh ... it’s hard to explain, but that is a memory I love and I love that Kipp brought that out of them when speaking of our love story.

It’s insane thinking that we booked Kipp because we needed an officiant, but in reality we were truly blessed because in that moment we realized he changed our view on what an officiant is supposed to do - and that was to be memorable. Thank you Kipp.

I still haven’t gotten over how amazing my ceremony was and neither have my guests. I had several people ask me for his information because they want to recommend him to other couples or keep his name for when they get married. Yes, Kipp was THAT GOOD! He truly has a gift.

Sent on 12/12/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 11/15/2019

Sue was the best!

My husband and I loved working with Sue. She was an absolute pleasure and made our wedding so special. Our ceremony was loved by many who attended. We are so pleased with the professionalism and great work that Sue and Journeys provides!

Sent on 11/30/2019

Jennifer K. · Married on 10/05/2019

Perfect for our happily ever after

From the moment we first met Eve Wenger, we knew that we wanted her to marry us. She has such a warm and calming personality, that we both immediately felt comfortable in her presence. She was easy to work with and very responsive, as we were going through the ceremony planning stages and making any final touches! The ceremony was so sweet and just what we wanted.

Sent on 11/13/2019
  • Latoya

Latoya · Married on 09/22/2019

Naila was Amazing!!!

Words can not describe how beautiful our ceremony was thanks to Naila Francis. She truly captured who we are and made the ceremony so very special. She was great to work with and really made sure to incorporate our love story and what was important to us. We are still getting compliments on our ceremony! She is an amazing person!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Brian

Brian · Married on 09/21/2019

We loved having Bob PIleggi as our officiant!

We loved having Bob as our officiant! We felt like he really made an effort to get to know us individually, and what made us tick as a couple. We were also kind of balancing a ceremony that wasn't overtly religious, but not totally void of religious references, and Bob did a nice job finding a balance and weaving in those pieces into his overall script during the ceremony. I'm not sure how if this is the norm, but we appreciated getting a chance to review everything in advance of the wedding. There wasn't really anything we changed, other than maybe a small personal detail or so, but it was great to see and helped us imagine how everything fit together.

Bob was also an indispensable part of our wedding planning process leading up to, and the day of the wedding, as far as ensuring we knew all everything involved during the day of process. He was the first to arrive at the venue, which gave us a chance to discuss the wedding, but appreciated getting to discuss some of the key details of the actual procession in person in the time before the ceremony began (unfortunately we didn't get a chance to do a rehearsal with him prior). The ceremony itself was beautiful, and Bob was a fantastic presence. We loved the pictures and the unofficial audio recording afterwards as well! We were thrilled to have him play such a key part of our wedding, and would highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Kathryn · Married on 09/21/2019

If you are still reading reviews, stop and book Journeys Of The Heart NOW!

My husband & I could not be happier with our choice to work with Journeys Of The Heart for our wedding ceremony. We had the pleasure of working with Jim Haley who was professional, responsive, and helpful throughout the entire process.

Not only did Jim help to keep us organized and provide guidance, but he spent the time getting to know us in order to create a ceremony that was unique and personal to the two of us.

We opted not to have a rehearsal and to be honest it wasn't necessary since Jim had been so involved and organized beforehand. The day of our wedding couldn't have gone better and we have been receiving nonstop compliments in the last two months on how beautiful our ceremony was.

I would absolutely recommend Journeys Of The Heart, especially Jim Haley. They take the work out of planning your ceremony while keeping it very custom & personal at the same time!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Maggie · Married on 08/24/2019

Eve is so lovely and caring!

Eve Wenger was amazing to work with throughout the whole process and she did a fantastic job officiating our ceremony! From the moment we met with Eve, we knew she was the right person to marry us :) She has such a pleasant and calming nature. She worked with us to create the perfect ceremony that was unique and true to our relationship. During the planning process we had several phone/skpye/email conversations and she provided us with a lot of examples of readings, rituals, vow wording, ring exchange wording, etc. This helped us a lot! We also added wording and readings that we liked on our own and Eve crafted it into a beautiful ceremony that flowed perfectly. Many people came up to us and told us how beautiful our ceremony was and how lovely Eve’s delivery was. One thing that we especially loved was how she wove our love story into the ceremony. We filled out a questionnaire about our relationship and the way she told our story was beautiful! It made it unique to our love and not just generic. We love Eve and are so happy that she was part of the best day of our lives!

Sent on 09/05/2019
  • Mahon

Mahon D. · Married on 08/16/2019

Diane Smith-Hoban is amazing!

Diane was an absolute pleasure to work with from start to finish! From our first Skype session to the third draft of our ceremony, Diane tailored everything to us, our love story, and our families. Every phone call and email was filled with encouragement, kind words, and excitement for our big day. There wasn't a dry eye in the room by the end of the ceremony and we're still receiving compliments from guests about how beautiful it was. Our ceremony was spiritual but secular and included a traditional Celtic handfasting which Diane pulled off flawlessly! Thank you Diane for your patience, enthusiasm, and for sending us off with such beautiful words and wishes. We highly recommend Diane as an officiant - she was professional, attentive, kind, and filled with love and hope for our future together. Thank you for making our day even more special than it already was!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 08/16/2019

Love Susanne!!

Susanne was our officiant and after just one face to face meeting with her she was able to create the most perfect ceremony for my husband and I. We worked mostly through email as we lived a few hours away from her and it worked out very well. I had several people come up to be after the wedding and say that was the most meaningful and beautiful ceremony they had ever seen.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • User1720815 · 1+ year ago

I can't even begin to explain how perfect Susanne was for us and our ceremony. She is literally the sweetest person I've ever met. She was so easy to talk to and really have us the perfect ceremony. Everyone loved how she would move my husband around so everyone got a good view during the actual ceremony. We got so many compliments about her!

Sent on 07/06/2014

Journeys of the Heart's reply:

Susanne is a gem - we are so happy you were delighted! Thanks for the kind words. Every joy to you both in married life!

Pamela · Married on 08/10/2019

We loved eve

We saw Eve Wenger officiate a friend's wedding months before we were engaged. When we proposed and wedding planning was underway, we both suggested seeing if Eve was available for our wedding. We were moved by the way she spoke, structured her ceremony, and the overall loving energy she emitted.

We were so fortunate that Eve was available to do our ceremony a year later. She was extremely helpful during the planning process. She was able to provide us with great suggestions in areas of the ceremony we were unsure of. Where we knew exactly what we wanted, even though it broke with popular traditions, Eve never pressured us to alter the ceremony in anyway. She provided us with with many opportunities to revise and add to the ceremony.

Day of, she was a calming presence and honestly felt like another family member. We are so thankful that she came into our lives, starting our marriage off in such a loving way.

Sent on 08/09/2019

Kel · Married on 08/04/2019

Wonderful and helpful

My husband and I were married back in August by Kevin Barr form Journeys of the Heart. Kevin was amazing! My husband and I were so happy to to have Kevin guide us through creating our ceremony. It was such a wonderful and memorable part of our wedding day. We received so many compliments on how wonderful and personal our ceremony was.

Sent on 01/12/2020

Danielle V. · Married on 07/12/2019

Susanne Wilson is fantastic!

Where to even begin. We had the absolute pleasure of working with Susanne Wilson for our wedding ceremony. From our first meeting Susanne made us feel like family. She truly cares about the couples she is servicing and about the ceremony you create with her. Whether you know exactly what kind of ceremony you want, or you have absolutely no clue, she is well prepared to guide you through the process. Our ceremony was unforgettable. Susanne really captured how important family was to us and created a beautiful ceremony that touched everyones hearts. Our guests told us all night long and the days following the wedding how absolutely incredible our ceremony was. And we feel the same. It felt so intimate, and everyone there felt that as well. I can't thank her enough for this beautiful memory/experience she has given us.

Sent on 01/06/2020