Joshua Tyi Photography Reviews

11 | Houston, TX

11 Reviews for Joshua Tyi Photography

Christie · Married on 03/18/2016

Josh was the photographer for our daughter's wedding in Mansfield, TX. He traveled from Houston to the DFW area and accommodated our tight schedule with no hesitation. Within hours of the wedding being over, Josh had already posted almost 50 photos on Facebook, and they were absolutely amazing. He does beautiful work and has a great way with people that makes even the most uptight mother of the bride feel calm. We love his work and would not hesitate to tell our friends and family to hire him for those important life events!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Josh is absolutely wonderful! Our engagement photos and the photos we've seen from our wedding are absolutely beautiful, and he was such a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/30/2015

Gail · Married on 11/08/2014

Joshua was very easy to deal with, friendly, proffessional. He was very good at making my camera shy daughter shine. Pictures wonderful.

Sent on 11/23/2015

My · Married on 11/19/2011

He is an excellent photographer with endless ideas to bring the best out of you. He's laid back and easy to work with. We flew him out to California to take ur engagement pictures and they were amazing!!! We were glad to have him there to capture the precious moments on our big day!
    Great quality and affordable!

Sent on 11/28/2011

Lauren · Married on 08/20/2011

Josh is great to work with. He is very laid back yet takes great, candid photos. His style is a little bit artsy but that is what initially drew me to him. We did an engagement session in addition to having him there on our wedding day. On the wedding day, he came early and stayed late. He also got our pictures back to us in 2 weeks. They are memories I will always treasure. I would recommend Josh for sure!

Sent on 09/11/2011

Lindie · Married on 06/25/2011

I probably researched every photographer in the Houston city area and couldn't find one that quite fit between packages pricing and their quality of work. My wedding coordinator suggested Josh, and i immediately fell in love with his website portfolio. It turns out he studied under one of the best photographers in Houston, and his work definitely reflects this, along with his obvious natural talents. Josh was a breeze to work with, he made you feel so comfortable, and very special as if you were his only client. He was even able to handle my husband trying to take over the engagement shoot and was always up for anything. I had wanted some prints to display at our reception from my bridal shoot, and when i told him we didn't have them the day of the wedding because we thought they hadn't come in (our fault, someone thought they were a wedding present) he immediately got to work and within a few hours they magically appeared just in time. He also helped me pick out the prints to begin with, as i was too overloaded with other details. I do not believe any other photographer would have gone to such extrordinary lengths. To top it all off there was a surprise that he had set up at the reception, i wont spoil it for the future brides, but you will love it. :) Joshua's package pricing (and what was actually offered with them) and turn around time were amazing. We had our wedding pictures back to us by the time we got back from our extended honeymoon. His response time was the fastest of any of my vendors, usually within a few hours. I would definitely recommend Joshua Tyi to anyone wanting an affordable, easy going, talented photographer for the most special day of your life, you won't regret it!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2011

Most wedding photographers rely on gimmicks - angled shots, color saturation, cliche poses, etc. to get stunning shots. Josh's talent requires zero gimmicks - he can capture a small emotion in a ton of chaos and there are images from our wedding that belong in an art gallery. We looked at similar photographers that went for 4x the cost and with half the hours available the day of the wedding. Personally, my husband and I think he undercharged, but we didn't tell him that. Lol. His packages were great and he was flexible with the packages he offers. We went with his middle of the road package that included a bridal session, engagement session, 3 high quality metallic prints (that turned out awesome, btw), 10 hours of wedding coverage, and a second photographer. We didn't want a bridal session, and he was 100% on board with doing two engagement sessions: one where we did a cake fight, and one where it was more formal. He was a joy to work with and his turn around time was incredible. Josh has a great personality that made us feel comfortable the day of the wedding. He was confident directing us what to do, but 90% of the time I didn't even notice him (which is exactly what I wanted). He was highly responsive via email and phone, and he's active on facebook. I would recommend Josh to any bride that is looking for a fantastic photographer at a reasonable price.

Sent on 07/11/2011

Ashton · Married on 01/15/2011

Wedding photos are extremely important because they're the only thing you get to take with you to remember the memories of your special day. Josh did an absolutely amazing job getting making my wedding day so special and memorable! He was always right where I needed him to be and his personality makes you feel so at ease on that special day. He caught everything I wanted him to on film. I could not have asked more from someone and would highly recommend him to anyone wanting fantastic wedding photos.

Sent on 01/28/2011

Rochelle · Married on 11/13/2010

Josh was a blast to work with and then on top of that his pictures are gorgeous!!

Sent on 11/22/2010

Melissa · Married on 09/18/2010

Joshua Tyi was a blast to work with! He is an incredible professional; a creative and classic eye with the business mind to make working with him non-stressful. He was very prompt for all our appointments and was great about staying in contact and returning messages. We had some very unexpected schedule changes less than 24 hours before the wedding and Josh was really flexible, and successfully worked with us in a way that everyone was satisfied. Really fast turn around on proofs. Our wedding photos were already online the day after we got back from our honeymoon. We are not very comfortable being in front of the camera, a were a bit nervous about this. Josh made it a fun and enjoyable experience. He threw in a lot of extras on the big day (sorry, not going to spoil the surprise, you'll thank me later!) and was very accommodating regarding our requests, no matter how mundane. Josh was one of the most reliable and steady pieces in our very rocky wedding planning process. You are getting a phenomenal, artistic eye of someone who truly loves what he does, backed by a really great personality. I highly recommend you experience the pleasure of getting to know him. We are looking forward to working with Josh for the rest of the milestones in our lifetime.

Sent on 10/11/2010

Monica · Married on 05/19/2012

Josh was so easy to work with--professional, willing to take the extra shots, creative, and patient. His pictures turned out beautifully and I highly recommend his photography services.

Sent on 05/22/2012