Joshua Rainey Photography Reviews

Joshua Rainey Photography 5
  • Mikey

Mikey G · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Josh is a true Pro!

My wife and I feel so fortunate to have had Josh shoot our wedding. We were like so many who didn't know if we should get one or multiple photographers. He was up front with us about the advantages and disadvantages, and ultimately we only hired Josh. He was somehow all over the place, able to take many different angles, all while not being intrusive or noticeable (literally didn't know he was there). He was very friendly and easy to work with. He put us at ease during the whole process, and we couldn't be happier with the results! Thank you, Josh! Highly recommend :)

Joshua Rainey Photography 6
    Joshua Rainey Photography 7
    Sent on 11/02/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Your wedding was so fun Mikey! That was definitely the first time I've seen a groom go off a giant rope swing into a pond at night in a tuxedo. I'm thinking nobody tops that moment, ever.
  • Anna

Anna Clifton · Getting married on 04/09/2021

Wonderful photographer! We were thrilled to have him capture our wedding day!

Josh is a very talented, professional, creative and fun photographer! I reached out to his business when I was first looking for a photographer for our wedding. He responded back to me super fast and he was very informative on what his style was and what the wedding packages included. He was very patient, didn't rush me into any decisions, and followed up with me on questions I had for him etc. I love how he related on a personal level and is very down to earth. Super easy going and excited about his work! I couldn't have been happier with how our wedding pictures turned out and how he interacted with us and our guest on the wedding day!

Joshua Rainey Photography 8
    Joshua Rainey Photography 9
    Joshua Rainey Photography 10
    Sent on 11/24/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

I love this review Anna, thank you! Your wedding was the (smoke) bomb for sure, what a great night!

Melissa R. · Getting married on 03/07/2021

We highly recommend Josh!

I cannot say enough good things about Josh and his team! They were so flexible with all of the different places we wanted to take photos on our wedding day, and did a great job communicating with us and the rest of our vendors. Josh and his team were so relaxed and helpful throughout the entire wedding day (his wife even helped pin in my veil), and we all really enjoyed spending time with them. Our photos captured the essence of our wedding so beautifully, and we and our families will cherish them for a long time to come.

Sent on 10/22/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this Melissa and thank you for having us photograph your day! What an amazing wedding that was!
  • Kendall

Kendall Peters · Married on 10/12/2019

10/10 Would Recommend

Stop your looking and hire Joshua Rainey Photography for your wedding!
    Josh seamlessly fits in with your day and captures every emotion and look - though you barely know he is there. He has such a gift for making everyone comfortable and finding genuine interactions to photograph. He’s super easy to coordinate with, very responsive, so great to work with, and gives you an insanely HUGE library of photos with no additional costs. (Also every photo is so beautiful it is unreal)
    Hire Josh! You will have zero regrets and your pictures will be all the more perfect because of it!

Joshua Rainey Photography 11
    Joshua Rainey Photography 12
    Joshua Rainey Photography 13
    Joshua Rainey Photography 14
    Sent on 12/20/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thanks a ton Kendall! It definitely helped that your wedding was amazing! I had so much fun hanging out with you and your family, what a great day!
  • Mollee

Mollee · Married on 09/21/2019

Couldn⠹t imagine anyone else capturing our special day!

Josh is amazing and so talented!!!
    When I first contacted Josh I had already contacted many photographers -- the difference with Josh, was that Michael and I both immediately felt a connection with him.
    I found Josh online and his page got my attention because it was everything I was looking for in our wedding photographer! The style and just everything he was about when it came to his clients getting their photos!
    Like I mentioned before, connection was huge for me when choosing our vendors for our wedding! Especially a photographer because they are capturing some pretty special and intimate moments. Josh was very easy to communicate with and he has been so fun to work with and get to know over this last year. We had fun hanging out with Josh for our engagement pictures and when it came time to our wedding day 5 months later we were both so comfortable with him!
    For our wedding day we had both Josh and his wife Rachael! What an awesome couple!!!
    Both Josh and Rachael are so talented and have an eye for detail. Michael and I being the way we are we appreciated every fix of our hair or making sure the little details were showing (for example Michael's watch)!
    We love what you guys are about and love that you share a passion for photography and can do it together!
    Josh and Rachael we can't thank you guys enough for capturing our day so perfectly!
    -Mollee & Michael

Sent on 10/02/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Mollee for the kind review! We were honored to make it up to Tacoma for your wedding, what an incredible event! So excited to edit these photos and give you way more pics than I should haha! Get ready to load up some space on your computer, there's going to be a ton of photos from this one for sure!

Prisca · Married on 08/31/2019

Joshua is a dream photographer to work with! He is experienced and knows what he is doing. Josh seems to have a great vision for his work and is very comfortable to be around. Both my partner and I felt completely at ease from the get-go with Josh and he was a total pleasure to spend time with! Joshua is professional, creative, talented, very reasonable, and so easy to work with. Such a great experience - 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review and for stepping in front of the camera Prisca! That photo session was so much fun!

Taylor · Married on 07/27/2019

Absolutely amazing photographer

Keith captured our big day and we could not have asked for a more personable, talented person to do so! He made us all feel so comfortable, kept the day moving in accordance to the timeline, managed cranky kids in pictures and had the most unreal eye for where pictures would look best! He sent us sneak peeks the same night of our wedding and now we are DYING to see the rest! Keith does amazing work and we are so happy we found him to capture our big day!

Joshua Rainey Photography 15
    Joshua Rainey Photography 16
    Joshua Rainey Photography 17
    Sent on 07/29/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you guys for such a great review of Keith! Your wedding was amazing and that made his job so much easier. Such great emotion and laughs, perfect for Keith's style! Photos coming soon!
  • An-Khanh

An-Khanh · Married on 07/11/2019

Easy, flexible, responsive

Working with Joshua was incredibly easy and fun! We hired him for his style, professionalism, and compatibility with our vision and mutual rapport. He seamlessly captured the moments as they unfolded while being almost invisible himself- like a ninja with a camera! We would absolutely love to hire him again should the occasion arise.

Sent on 07/27/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Aww thank you for such a kind review An-Khanh! Your wedding was a blast and we loved getting to be there with you guys to capture those moments!
  • Audrey

Audrey Hart · Married on 06/22/2019

Couldn't have hoped for a better experience

Both my husband and I don't really like having our photo taken but Joshua made it a totally comfortable experience and we ended up with hundreds (literally over 1300) photos that we will treasure forever. He captured both the formal Catholic wedding and the outdoor reception beautifully. Joshua blended in so well at our wedding that guests thought he must be a second cousin and the beautiful photos showed how quick and comfortable he made everyone. Thank you for capturing our day!

Joshua Rainey Photography 18
    Joshua Rainey Photography 19
    Joshua Rainey Photography 20
    Joshua Rainey Photography 21
    Sent on 10/03/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this review Audrey, and thanks for hiring us for your wedding day! It was so much fun hanging out with you and your friends/family!

Danielle Batson · Married on 06/20/2019

Great photographer for racially diverse families!

We were so lucky to get Joshua for our wedding! We got a ton of pictures, and they are so full of color! Joshua really listened to what we were looking for and then did that, with his own style and expertise.

Like most racially diverse couples/families, we were concerned about whether everyone would show up looking like themselves and not too washed out or too blurry--Joshua nailed it! No issues at all, just great pictures. :)

We asked for and got mix of candid shots (really important to us) and posed family and couple shots. Miraculously, everyone looks great in the group pics which I just can't believe! That never happens! And in the candid shots, Joshua was so unobtrusive that we didn't even know where he was and whether he'd captured those moments until we got the pictures back.

Joshua was willing to work with us for a reasonable price given that our event was so small (my mom called it a "micro-wedding"). He even went a step further and suggested we split the time and do a couple's photoshoot at another location that evening. We got two beautiful locations for our pics, and Joshua highlighted the best in each location, scouting out which areas would be the best backdrops. Even better, we were more relaxed when we didn't feel guests were waiting on us, and we got lovely sunset pictures at the location where we got engaged!

Joshua's wife, Rachel, is an amazing makeup artist and hair stylist (and apparently photographer, too--is there anything she can't do?) , and stepped in at the almost-last minute to do mine. She was so great to work with as well, and the confidence I got from having a professional do my make-up and hair showed through in our pictures. I would definitely work with them again!

Joshua Rainey Photography 22
    Sent on 07/27/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you for such a kind and thorough review Danielle! Your wedding was so amazing and it was great working with the two of you! The locations too, stunning!
  • Becky

Becky Eberstein · Married on 05/11/2019

The Photographer You Want on Your Wedding Day!

Josh is amazing to work with, takes incredible photos, and makes a great team with your vendors. I had the pleasure of meeting Josh while he photographed my best friend’s wedding in November 2017. After working with Josh, watching him interact with the wedding party and the guests, there was no question I had to have Josh photograph my wedding this year. Josh makes things so effortless, and you can trust him to get the best photos of your perfect day! Josh helps you think about the photos you want and ensures he captures your wishes. He explores your property and finds the most breathtaking views. I would hire Josh over and over again, he’s exactly the photographer you want on your wedding day!

Sent on 08/07/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this Becky! And thank you to you and Nathan for inviting me to document your amazing wedding day in Carlsbad, that was such a cool experience! It will definitely be a wedding I'll never forget, I feel honored to have been part of it!

D Locke · Married on 12/15/2018

Fantastic wedding photography!

My sons wedding photographs turned out fantastic. Josh stepped in at the last moment and did an unbelievable job. He captured every moment of the event from every possible angle. You would think there was more than one photographer! He was wonderful! Friendly and professional. I would highly recommend Josh!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! It was great getting to help you guys out and be there for such a great day!
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/22/2018

Amazing Wedding Photographer!

Josh was a fantastic photographer. He made both me and my husband feel comfortable behind the camera and caught some lovely candid moments over the course of the night. Leading up to the wedding, he was easy to work with, payment went smoothly, and he gave us some great recommendations for other vendors in the area.

Sent on 11/25/2018

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for this great review Kelsey! But you didn't mention the crazy rain storm and me having to run back and forth to coordinate and try to keep people dry, haha! Your wedding was so fun too!

kristel · Married on 09/07/2018

Best wedding decision!!!

He likes to be called Josh but I call him Joshua. First time I met him the first thing I said was, “hey! You’re really tall.” And you know what, it really works out because his perspective is really flattering! We really enjoyed working with Joshua. We were very nervous as this was our first photo shoot together. It honestly didn’t feel like work for us because he is just so down to earth, so amicable, and his smile makes you comfortable like you’ve known him for a long time. In between shots, he shares stories of his family and his hobbies. We enjoyed every stories that we invited him to dinner with us after our photo shoot. And that’s the kind of photographer you need. Someone who has the creative eye, to turn something ordinary to extraordinary and someone who is easy to get along with. During our wedding, our family and friends enjoyed having him. He makes magic with his camera.

If he was a super hero his superpowers are Shapeshifting and Telepathy. He is adaptable to variety of situations that require adaptability. From dealing with different light conditions, to shooting different types of photography, and even just interacting with different people—becoming a shapeshifter, like Mystique from X-Men.

He is also like like Professor X, and has the ability to sense the thoughts and feelings of his subjects, and transforming them through portrait. This superpower is indispensable.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT LOOK FURTHER, if looking for a photographer. Hire him now if you want epic and awesome photos.

WARNING and DISCLOSURE: Severe heart palpitations and extreme profanity may occur post viewing of your pictures. Side effects of self-confidence and resiliency may also occur. Please call you fiancé or husband if symptoms occur. (These really happened to me)

With all seriousness, thank you Josh for being so easy to work with. We and our crew enjoyed working with you. It has been such a delight to have met you. *fist pump*

Kristel out. ✌🏼

Sent on 11/11/2018

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

You are seriously the best Kristel and your wedding was so much fun! You have such a great group of friends and family too!
  • Laura

Laura Arbogast · Married on 09/03/2018

Captured our wedding beautifully

We met Joshua at a wedding showcase and liked him right away. We did an engagement shoot with him which was included in the package. He was professional, flexible, knowledgeable and made us feel at ease. Up until the wedding, he answered all of our questions and we felt confident he knew what we wanted. The day of he was much more than a photographer. He even helped us with other details like a dress malfunction and pocket squares! :) The second photographer was worth it, gave us different angles and more moments captured. We love the pictures and have a hard time choosing our "favorites". Our friends and family think they are amazing too. We would definitely recommend Joshua.

Joshua Rainey Photography 23
    Joshua Rainey Photography 28
    Joshua Rainey Photography 29
    Sent on 10/24/2018

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Aww thank you for such a nice review Laura! You and Ben were so much fun to work with and we loved getting to be a part of your big day!

Keisha · Married on 08/04/2018

First met Josh through social media, his photos were amazing! We were fortunate enough to meet with him while he was visiting Hawaii and get a fun and quick photo shoot in. Josh made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera. He has a great mellow demeanor that is easy to get a long with. He was able to give me the help I needed to make small yet necessary adjustment to get the perfect shot! (I am usually extremely nervous in front of the camera). He is personable and professional!

Sent on 03/09/2018

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Aww thanks Keisha for the great review! It was really fun getting to photograph you guys in Waikiki!

Traci · Married on 11/12/2017

Josh took beautiful photos of all of the fine details of the wedding, which, as a bride and groom, you don’t really get to look at on the big day. So, we were so thankful to have those photos.

Not only did Josh make sure to capture all of the precious moments throughout the day, he also put so much effort into the editing and quality of the photos. When we received our photos, we were shocked by how many we got back! However, we were also impressed by the fact that along with most photos, we were given multiple copies of pictures with different variations of editing.

Josh’s artistry and craft is beyond impressive! We are so in love with our photos, and would recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs photos taken! We hope to use him again in the future!

Joshua Rainey Photography 30
    Joshua Rainey Photography 31
    Joshua Rainey Photography 32
    Joshua Rainey Photography 33
    Joshua Rainey Photography 34
    Joshua Rainey Photography 35
    Sent on 04/03/2018

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you for an awesome review Traci, your wedding was incredible and definitely made my job so much easier!
  • I

Iva · Married on 10/01/2017

Josh was wonderful to work with. Our adventure engagement shoot was amazing. He is easy going, fun, and also very professional. Our guests had a great time interacting with him out our wedding. He did a wonderful job capturing our big day. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer!

Joshua Rainey Photography 36
    Joshua Rainey Photography 37
    Joshua Rainey Photography 38
    Sent on 03/06/2018

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2017

Josh was such a joy to work with on our wedding day. He knows his business and that sure puts a bride's mind at ease. His friendly and fun loving personality rub off on everyone around. Our guests adored him as much as we do. I had so many compliments on how well he fit in our crowd. Making people so comfortable, he was able to get some great candid shots.

Our photos are absolute perfection and capture our day exactly the way I had hoped. Josh will be our lifelong go-to family photographer, no questions asked!

Joshua Rainey Photography 39
    Joshua Rainey Photography 40
    Sent on 03/14/2018

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

That was seriously such a fun day, thanks for having me be part of it!!

Brock · Married on 08/12/2017

Josh is an amazing photographer! Up and through the day of our wedding, Josh showed professionalism and attentiveness. He was easy and fun to work with on our wedding day. He was also really good at knowing which poses and shots we as a group and individuals should be doing next, which helped with the timing of everything. Everything worked perfectly on the day of the wedding.

Then we got our photos back and they were out of this world! We had an idea we were getting some good shots at the time, but the final shots we received we just amazing. Josh is truly a great photographer and would recommend him to anyone!

Joshua Rainey Photography 41
    Joshua Rainey Photography 42
    Joshua Rainey Photography 43
    Sent on 03/01/2018

Leanna · Married on 08/11/2017

Joshua is an amazing photographer. My husband and I couldn’t be happier with our choice! He made us feel comfortable and relaxed through all the photos. Joshua took so many engagement and wedding photos and got them to us promptly. They were AMAZING!

Sent on 02/26/2018

Meg · Married on 06/24/2017

Joshua and his wife Rachel are just awesome to work with. We did both our engagement and wedding photos with them and they were flexible and easy to take direction from.

I had never done a "professional" shoot before, so I was a little nervous - but after a couple of minutes with Josh, he made is feel like we were friends and made both my husband and I feel very comfortable. there were times throughout the wedding that I thought "Are Josh or Rachel capturing this?" and every single time, I glanced around I could see one or the other of them snapping away, but not being intrusive or taking away from the overall feel for our guests. THAT is the mark of a good photographer - being present for the first shot, but not being in the way

And also - his work? Absolutely amazing. He has a way of capturing the light in people that only someone who knows what they are doing can. I will sing Joshua's praises all day and am SO please that he was our choice as a wedding photographer.

Thank you for your work Josh, you are a master at what you do.

Sent on 06/29/2017

Gillian · Married on 05/20/2017

Josh was great, he showed up early to look around our venue and picked beautiful spots to take us that were absolutely breathtaking. It was an unusually warm May wedding and bright bright sunlight, but Josh used the shadows of the trees and we were very comfortable during pictures. He didn't pose us in awkward or stiff traditional ways, everything felt fluid and natural. Thank you Josh for perfectly capturing our day!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Joshua Rainey Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Gillian! Your whole group was so fun to work with on the wedding day and you guys made me feel like a long time friend!

Laurie · Married on 04/09/2017

Josh and his wife Rachel are the best of the best!! We met up with them at one of the bridal expos and were instantly drawn to their calm, welcoming personalities and their willingness to help (even in finding florists). They genuinely care and want to help. Throughout the next few months, we contacted Josh several times, through text, calls and Skype and each time, he answered promptly and never seemed inconvenienced. The day of the wedding, he and Rachel showed up early and started taking a look around and getting set up. All throughout the day, they kept their fun and calming presence, even when things got a little chaotic. Everyone was very comfortable with them and we loved how observant and commited they were to our event. They really went above and beyond the call of duty! Since the event, we have gotten our pictures back (including a sneak peak, digital gallery and a USB loaded with them photos) - WOW! We are truly blown away with how beautiful they are! - And how many there are! We could not be happier or more impressed! I cannot recommend Joshua Rainey enough! He's definitely made life-long clients of us.

Sent on 05/10/2017

Jennifer · Married on 10/08/2016

We highly recommend Joshua Rainey - not only did our pictures turn out gorgeous, he was such a calming presence throughout the day! He also captured the mood and energy of our wedding perfectly. He got so many amazing shots but never felt intrusive or in the way. Post-wedding, he has been extremely responsive and got us our prints within just a few weeks of our wedding. We sent a link to the wedding proofs to our friends and family, and they were also extremely complimentary of how well the photos turned out. We are so grateful to Joshua and his team for being there on our wedding day and capturing the moments so exquisitely!

Sent on 11/11/2016