39 Reviews for Josh Wong Photography

Liability Insurance (1)
Prints (1)
Proofs (1)
39 Josh Wong Photography Reviews

This is a long overdue review for Josh. Josh caught our attention through our friends’ wedding pictures and we were very fortunate to have Josh fly out to the west coast and capture our engagement session and wedding through Josh’s artistic lens.

Josh is an amazing photographer. He has a great artistic eye, especially his talent to creatively utilize lights. Sometimes, engagement and wedding photos can be cheesy. However, with Josh as your photographer, his pictures tell stories that capture the heartfelt moments that you will cherish forever. Josh is also pleasant and fun to work with, but during the wedding, had the command to control the environment. During out engagement session, he gave us tips that fashion models utilize in their shoots with him. Till this day, we utilize his tips when we take photos.

We love Josh and we highly recommend him. We are very picky people, so don’t hesitate and go with Josh.

Profile Picture Deirdre, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh is an absolute must when planning your wedding. He captures the most incredible and unique images and moments throughout the entire process from Ms. to Mrs. He did an incredible job with our engagement shoot which took place all over lower Manhattan. Josh reccommended so many amazing hidden spots in the city that made for the most magical engagement photo session. We were so happy with it and so were our families. Josh captured our wedding at Oheka Castle with absolute perfection. He had both my husband and I feeling confident and comfortable in front of the camera. He caught spectacular pictures of the getting ready process, church ceremony, and reception. When we got our wedding pictures and wedding montage back, we were so unbelievably happy with the way it turned out. Every magical moment was captured perfectly. We are so excited to see our how wedding album turns out because we know we are in the best of hands. We chose not to even go with a videographer because we knew from my sisters wedding that Josh is able to capture every moment on camera in the most talented way. If you are wondering if Josh is the wedding photographer for you, he absolute is because he is the best there is!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/29/16, 1 Review
4.7

Hiring Josh as our wedding photographer is one of the best decisions we made. Our August 2016 wedding was captured through Josh's artistic lens, and he delivered beyond what we had hoped. His editorial style made us look like models, starting at the engagement shoot all the way through our wedding day. He has a unique fashion-centric vision atypical of most wedding photographers, which is what drew us to using him to photograph our big day. Josh is professional, organized, and punctual - all that you could possibly ask for from a wedding vendor. Our family and bridal party have been raving about how nice he is and how unbelievable his photos come out. I would recommend Josh for any major event you might be throwing as he will capture your special moments in the most spectacular way! HE'S THE BEST THERE IS!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography, Videography

Josh Wong is a GENIUS with his camera! Our family and friends were blown away by our wedding photos. Each image was better than the last, and every single picture was a work of art. The way Josh caught the light at our sunset wedding was breathtaking. Josh caught the most incredible moments, and the essence of our love filled wedding. I would absolutely recommend Josh Wong to any bride! You won't regret it and all of your friends will be talking about how your pictures were by far the best they have ever seen.

Elana Schoppmann

Profile Picture Elana, 6/25/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When my husband and I started our wedding planning early on we realized that photography in hand with venue were the absolute most important elements for us. To us the photographs were going to be what will help us relive that special day for the rest of our lives. It was important to find a photographer that would capture the day in a way that emulated how special the day was.
We embarked on our search and found that there are many photographers, but we also found that many of them only took pictures. They didn't really capture the moments with the emotion behind it. Some moments could be so intimate, joyful, playful, beautiful. Indeed Josh somehow found a way to capture so many awesome moments in our wedding. This is, together with stylistic flare, precisely what made choosing Josh Wong as our photographer not even a choice at all.

We chose a package with Josh that included an engagement session. During the engagement shoot was that Josh demonstrated to us his expertise in the art of taking photographs. So many aspects came into play; position, lighting, angle, and so much more, but he pays attention to all of it. He makes you feel comfortable and makes the experience fun. It is obvious that he doesn’t see taking pictures for you as just a "job". He takes ownership of every shot. You can tell he loves the art. His work alone is reason enough to hire him.
But aside from that, working with him has been such an enjoyable and effortless experience. From the beginning he has shown nothing but professionalism. He is very down to earth and fun to be around. By choosing him as our photographer, I can say I have gained a friend and also have wedding pictures that are also exquisite works of art.
Thank you for everything Josh. We wish you and your business continued success and that the love for your art continue to flourish.

~Norquis & Chris Hinojosa

Profile Picture norchris, 4/22/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

I'll start off by saying not all of our vendors were great for our wedding, so when I give Josh this high mark and excellent review it means my husband and I looooved working with him. We both highly recommend him to anyone who will listen. We didn't realize how important having good vendors was to enjoying the process and the day-of. He was one of our vendors (along with his assistant) who made our day go smoothly, provided laughs and good cheer and gave us an amazing product. My husband and I are not the most photogenic. I don't really like photos of myself in general. It usually makes me uncomfortable to have photos of myself up in the house. We put his engagement and wedding photos up the second we got them. He is worth every. single. penny. Hire him immediately!!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/3/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

Josh was amazing at communicating and directing us and executing creative shots. He helped us feel relaxed so that the expressions and gestures captured in the photos were all natural and genuine rather than posed. All of our wedding guests raved on and on about how professional the photos looked and that we could be models in a magazine. His creative vision is why we chose him. We didn't want typical cheesy shots that couples tend to have of their wedding. His editorial style, professionalism, and his natural talent for engaging couples make every shot unique and epic.

Profile Picture Erika, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs

I had previously attended two weddings that had been photographed by Josh and saw what a gorgeous job he did with their pictures. My husband, who was just my boyfriend at the time, and I caught the bouquet and garter at one of the weddings and the pictures taken of us were so beautiful that we have one framed in our home. Knowing what gorgeous pictures he took of us when it wasn't even our day made us so excited for our own wedding. I literally booked our wedding date around Josh's availability, he was the first vendor that we booked, before we even booked our venue because pictures last a lifetime and there is noone I would've wanted to capture our moments than Josh. Not only are the pictures from our engagement session and wedding beautiful and truly capture laughing, happy moments, but Josh is a pleasure to work with. He made us feel comfortable and feel like we were just having fun, not posing for pictures which can feel and look forced. The pictures from our wedding are just breathtaking, we have gotten so many compliments from our family and friends and now my only complaint is that there are just too many pictures to choose from! I know several people that have booked Josh for their own wedding since seeing pictures of his work and I would highly recommend him.

Profile Picture Alyssandra, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh did an outrageous job photographing our September NYC Wedding. As soon as you see Josh's work it is evident how talented he is. When we met Josh to discuss our wedding a year before we got married he impressed us with his easygoing manner and outstanding portfolio. Josh's work speaks for itself. He is able to capture incredible candid moments that are both artistic and intimate. He goes above and beyond - getting to know the couples that he works with at an engagement shoot and doing everything in his power to capture special moments over the course of your wedding day. Our only issue is now picking photos for our album because we ended up with so many spectacular ones to choose from. Working with Josh was one of the best decisions we made over the course of wedding planning and we can't more highly recommend him.

Profile Picture nina, 9/13/14, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh and his assistant, Angela, did an amazing job with our engagement photos and were fantastic on the day of our wedding. The pictures are outstanding - friends and family can't believe how professional and artistic they look. Josh was always calm and made us feel comfortable in every photo. We never felt rushed even while trying to squeeze a lot of shots in a limited amount of time. He and Angela are professional yet very personal and warm. We looked at a ton of photographers and couldn't be happier that we chose Josh Wong Photography!

Profile Picture Kaity , 8/3/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Josh Wong and his photography crew not only handled themselves in the most professional manner, but made sure the entire wedding day ran smoothly. With their experience and direction, details were falling seamlessly into place. Their friendliness and down to earth mannerisms and humor made it feel as if you were among friends, which made for a comfortable atmosphere when you are feeling pretty anxious. At our destination wedding, Josh also photographed our trash the dress session, willing to be in the elements in order to capture the perfect shots. We have not received our photographs yet, however based on our engagement shoot and a few teaser shots from the wedding, the pictures are beyond our wildest expectations. Friends and family members are amazed already at how fantastic we look in the photos. We are extremely pleased to have chosen Josh Wong Photography to capture one of the most important day of our lives.

Profile Picture User3496763, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Josh was the first vendor we booked because we had already seen his work from a friends' wedding and knew it was exactly the style of photography we were looking for. We got to see how he interacted with guests at their wedding and it was so much fun working with him - as a guest and a few years later, as a bride. He has an eye for details, helps you figure out flattering ways to pose, and gives you much more than pictures...art. Thank you Josh!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/26/13, 10 Reviews
Category: Photography

From the moment I saw Josh's work, I knew I had found my wedding photographer. And when we met with him in person for the first time, it confirmed what I had already knew. He was unlike any other photographer I've seen. My husband and I love photography so this was the most important aspect of of wedding...aside from actually getting married :)
Josh made us, our bridal party and our guests feel comfortable and like rock stars! His point of view is completely unique. His eye is something that distinguishes him from any other photographer. Two months after my wedding, our photos are still a topic of conversation amongst our friends and family. We couldn't have dreamt it up to be any better. The photos are amazing and Josh Wong is amazing!

Profile Picture Janine, 10/5/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Josh and his assistant photographed our wedding - the did an incredible job!!! They were super professional, captured all the most incredible moments, and the portrait shots came out beautifully as well. We were super pleased with how our photos came out. My husband and I were super intent on finding someone that wouldn't constantly be in our faces during the wedding, someone that would blend into the background but still capture everything - and that was Josh! I would highly recommend him!

Profile Picture Ariel , 7/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

There aren’t enough words to describe how fantastic Josh Wong and his team are. My husband and I first met Josh at an Autism Speaks to Young Professionals event which he was photographing. As supporters of Autism Speaks, we kept running into Josh at these semi-annual events and soon enough, I began following his work on Facebook. Needless to say, I was amazed by his work and when it came time for my husband and I to choose a photographer, there was no other option.

From picking the location of our wedding photos to capturing amazing moments, Josh was everything we knew he would be! I must admit, I probably wasn’t the easiest bride to work with. When asked what I wanted in my wedding photos, all I told him was that I wanted something different, not the typical garden pictures. While beautiful, we were getting married in the Lower East Side of Manhattan so I wanted something that was a bit edgier. That was the only direction Josh got and, of course, he blew me away with his creativeness in picking a spot and feel for our photos. He showed us photos of a famous graffiti building in the LES and it could not have been more perfect! The edginess of the graffiti building as our backdrop was out of this world cool – the photos look like they should be in a fashion magazine!

At the reception, Josh and his team were so on point. They were able to capture so many beautiful and intimate moments that our guests were sharing. I still can’t believe he was able to sneak photos of some of these moments. Neither can my guests! To be able to impress your bride and groom, I get the importance of that, but to be able to amaze their guests, that’s a skill that not many photographers have.

Josh’s photos made me feel like I was a part of every single event of that day. He is hands down, the best photographer I’ve ever seen or worked with, and we are so over-the-top happy with our decision to use Josh and are amazed by his photos every time we look at them!

Profile Picture Pina, 6/29/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

One of the best decisions that me and my newlywed husband have made was to have Josh Wong as our wedding photographer. Josh is extremely professional and made us feel very comfortable during the engagement shoot as well as on our wedding day. On our wedding day I barely remember seeing him around, which is good because when we got our video montage I had family and friends raving about how AMAZINGLY AWESOME those pictures were. One of my husbands family member said "He truly caught some crazy moments....so many candid great moments...TONS OF FUN". and even my husband and I were shocked [in a GOOD way] when we saw some pics, we were like wow!!! When did he take these pics??
As a bride, I 100% recommend Josh Wong to anyone for their special day! Especially your wedding day since these are pictures you'll look at forever. One thing I really loved about Josh he knows what he is doing, but he is not bossy at all I greatly appreciated that. He never made it feel like it was just a business transaction at any moment, which is very professional of him, his work ethic is amazing and the quality of his work truly exceeded my expectations. I already got my proofs from that special day and I love every single picture. They are so beautiful and Josh truly catches real moments.
Another thing I love about Josh work is that when he sets up a video montage HE picks the songs that go with it!!! At first you ask yourself, do you think he will pick the right song? But yeah he does! On my wedding video montage he picked the perfect song I even started crying.
Bottom line line and to sum everything up, Josh Wong is truly an amazing photographer, extremely professional and I recommend him like i said earlier 100% to anyone. He is worth every penny!

Profile Picture Michelle, 6/16/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Josh is an amazing photographer: he is extremely talented, artistic and is great at capturing natural moments. He doesn't make you pose - as he says himself, his job as a photographer is to capture the moment as it happens, and all you have to do is have fun! He is also a great teacher: he tells you how to position yourself and how to work with the lighting. He shoots many events in New York and he does lots of photo shoots with Victoria Secret models (so he knows how to make people look their best!)

He also has a great sense of humor which makes him fun to work with and he is extremely passionate about photography. When we did our engagement photo session with him - we were only supposed to shoot for 3 hours but we ended up going for 5 because he was so inspired and wanted to keep going! The same thing happened at our wedding: he shot the day before, the day of and the day after. We ended up going to take pictures in the mountains in Austria and he spent the entire day with us (in freezing cold weather!) taking pictures.

He is also very quick on the turnaround time. After shooting the pictures from the day before the wedding, he edited them in time to make a slideshow that we projected for guests on the day of the wedding - and everybody loved it!

Lastly, he also has a very talented team of photographer working with him. For our wedding, we had him as well as 2 assistants (Esther and Angie) who were also lots of fun to work with and extremely talented.

We are so lucky to have found Josh - and we plan to continue to work with him for many years in the future (for family pictures :)

Profile Picture Johanna, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh was amazing to work with and his team extremely professional. His pictures are beautiful and he captured the best moments without making us feel like we were being followed all the time. I cannot recommend him highly enough. We loved him so much we also recommended him for a friend's wedding and they loved him too!

Profile Picture Fernanda, 4/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I am a special events planner and have used Josh to shoot numerous upscale events and cocktail functions, and now request him for pretty much any event that I run. I really can't speak highly enough about his work- he is great at getting the perfect shot, and his photos are really beautiful and artistic looking. He also made a great video montage of all the best shots from one of our events that I have used to promote other parties that we have hosted. I recommend Josh Wong highly for all photographic needs!

Profile Picture Popi, 4/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If there were more stars we can give, my husband and I would add more for the absolutely awesome experience we had with him for our wedding. From our initial meeting, we knew Josh would become a special part of our wedding day. The amazing work he did from the montages to the ultimate photos is breathtaking and we continue to recommend him to all our friends.

Josh has tremendous expertise in capturing just the right moments at the most opportune times. His location selections are always perfect, and his skill at getting proper lighting, atmosphere, and balance is truly masterful. We didn't really know what kind of pictures we wanted, other than them having a natural look along with some of the more traditional (obligatory) family poses. Josh used his creativity, passion, and artistic flare to completely exceed our expectations. One of our favorite pictures was actually of a totally random background...or so I had thought...until we saw the final product; that shot blew us away and became a signature memory!

Josh and his assistant spent the whole day with us, assuring that every important and intimate moment was captured. His artistic eye and timeliness never seems to fail as all his shots were beautiful and exactly what we wanted. He literally takes shots anywhere and however which way just to capture the perfect shot for you. The reception photography was no different, and his constant presence everywhere was simply astounding. My guests and family all wanted to know afterwards where we found such an awesome photographer!

We had interviewed many photographers, and Josh's professionalism, style, and passion for his work really set him apart. Having seen the final product, we are so happy that we selected Josh to be a part of one of the most important day of our lives. Thank you Josh for your fantastic work and an excellent photography experience!

Profile Picture L, 1/19/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh was our first pick when it came to photographers for our wedding. Just one meeting (our first one with any photographers!) and we knew right away that he was perfect for the job. Not only did he take stellar, creative & totally unforgettable engagement shots, he outdid himself when it came to our day-of photos. He was punctual, shot everything we wanted & captured a completely different side of our wedding I never could have thought up. We were truly thrilled with his price point, professionalism & overall performance. Our gallery came quickly after, despite our knowledge of his busy schedule. We were over the moon about the result & are 100% thrilled with Josh! Best wedding photographer EVER!

Profile Picture Lisa, 12/22/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

What more can be said about Josh Wong and his amazing team of talented staff. When it came time to find a photographer for our wedding, Josh quickly calmed our nerves with his impressive presentation and warm personality. This guy is so seasoned and confident in what he is doing. He will work with your budget without compromising the quality of services he provides. My husband and I had a modest budget for services and Josh eagerly worked around it. Honestly, it was one of the best decisions we made for vendors. My husban and I were encouraged by Josh himself to sit for a complimentary engagement shot at locations of our choice throughout the city. He does this so his clients feel comfortable with taking pictures and so he knows best how to capture you on the bid day. The pictures were stunning!!! Beyond gorgeous:). We chose to use his fashion booth, which was such a huge hit at the wedding. We got married at a Garys Loft in Manhattan, which has a mock bathroom with claw foot tub. Josh and his team turned the setting into an amazing backstop for an unconventional but stunning photo booth. Our guests went bananas!!! One of my aunts gushed about the quality of the pictures, stating "they look straight out of vogue!" We have beautiful, hilarious, unique and memorable shots just from photo booth, and we haven't received our regular wedding pictures yet. I will recommend Josh to and any and everyone I meet. He is wonderful and worth every single penny.

Profile Picture Molly, 11/10/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh exceeded our expectations and we would recommend him highly for any event. His photos are fantastic, but he is trustworthy, down to earth and so easy to get along with--a difficult combination to find!

Profile Picture Jen, 7/8/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Joshua Wong was recommended another couple and by the venue (Park Ave Christian Church) that we had our ceremony. It was a double recommendation and it had me sold! Josh and his team were perfect, relaxed, quick and easy to work with . I had a mishap with the makeup artist spraying hairspray in my eye making it red all day. Josh and his team made me feel comfortable and took pictures that were incredibly flattering and breathtaking.

Also,our church was very dark since it is a Gothic style church. Joshua captured all the right moments and perfect lighting! I would recommend Joshua Wong highly. He is professional and has even worked with celebrities - VS models etc. He also provides the pictures really fast, faster than even my friend's earlier wedding. Also some of my friends took his pictures as their facebook profile pictures... You wouldn't regret it!

Profile Picture Lily, 11/12/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Josh Wong is simply amazing! Our day would have not been the same with out him. He went above and beyond the every step of the way. He captured such special moments that we had no idea even happened. We would recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture n, 10/8/11, 2 Reviews