Jose Ybarra Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• F
    Fariha C. Married on 01/01/2022

Such a pleasure!

I’ve had the pleasure of working with Jose for both my engagement and wedding reception. Jose and his team create quality content and have great attention to detail. Jose was kind enough to work with my budget and captured my big day wonderfully. Can’t thank you enough Jose!
    Shaleen V. Married on 10/23/2021

Jose has done it once again!

This is our 2nd time having Jose as our photographer and he continues to surprise us. Just like the first time we worked with him, his turnaround time is unbeatable! He is so creative with his art, and was able to put everyone at ease. We received so many compliments for our wedding photos and we love to show them off!
  • Madeline
    Madeline D. Married on 10/15/2021

Wonderful photographer!!

Jose was our photographer for our wedding day and I'm so glad he was. He spent the entire day with us and and made the trip down to south jersey to be part of our special day!! The day itself went by so fast and there was a lot going on but I felt he captured our wedding perfectly!! He was extremely professional, calm, courteous and innovative in the ways he photographed. Jose was even able to deliver our images in a little over a week, which I didn't expect! I highly recommend Jose as a wedding photographer and am so happy he was able to photograph our wedding day! The pictures came out beautifully and I will treasure them for years to come.
    Colleen H. Married on 10/09/2021

100% recommend

Jose and his assistant were amazing on our small wedding/elopement day. We had a limited amount of time and they got right to work as soon as we arrived. They were professional, provided great direction to us, and beautifully captured every moment of our day. They completely understood the "feel" we were looking for and were accomodating and friendly to my family. Would absolutely recommend him to anyone!! Thank you 😊
    Karolina Z. Married on 10/02/2021

Beyond Amazing!

Jose was beyond amazing on our Wedding day! About a month before the big day, Jose began coordinating what the days schedule would look like, photo locations, venue locations and everything in between to help capture our day. He spent all day with us from the time we were getting ready til the end of the night. He was professional, yet casual and kind with a great eye to the surroundings. Our photos were taken at Liberty State Park and he took advantage of all the views and photo locations where we were. Throughout the reception he was attentive and was able to take many photos of our guests and everyone having fun. We are beyond speechless with how the photos came out. From the time we first contacted Jose, he was quick to respond every pesky question I could have through the end of the night, it was such a pleasure to have Jose there for our event!
  • Alexandra
    Alexandra C. Married on 09/03/2021

Christ-Hall Wedding

Jose and Chris were a great team! They made the afternoon so much fun by incorporating their humor and expertise together! My bridesmaids all loved them! Jose did an incredible job making me feel special and capturing my elation on my wedding day. Jose and Chris have a great eye for lighting, positioning, and dramatic photos. He took some great night shots of us by the firepits at the venue. In addition to his innate talent, Jose and Chris were both extremely helpful when my dress would not bustle. Both Jose and Chris were quick to help me with this. They were also very attentive to me by extending a hand if I needed to take a step down and for helping fix my dress for pictures. As for the groomsmen, they had a great time with Jose and Chris! They kept things relaxed and entertaining for them.
    As for communication, Jose was very receptive to questions I had. He was very professional in regards to wanting to set up a phone call to go over the schedule together to ensure that we had everything planned that we wanted.

At the end of the night, my husband and I took a picture with Jose and Chris because we had such an enjoyable experience. Jose and Chris truly know how to make the day a stress-free and full of laughter. I would recommend them to anyone who is looking for a professional that is attentive to detail, great with communication, receptive to feedback, and 100% dedicated to making a wedding experience unforgettable.

Thank you so much for your diligent work! We are in love with the photos and are so happy to have worked with you!
    Betsy Married on 08/07/2021

The best!!!

We hired Jose for our wedding next year, and the package includes engagement pictures which we had done recently. I cannot reccomend Jose enough. He let us chose the date and location of the shoot, and was super flexible. He goes above and beyond to get every shot imaginable - he even stopped us as we were walking to our car because he envisioned a great picture! He edited and returned all of the pictures literally OVERNIGHT! We are thrilled with the way they came out and can’t wait for him to shoot our wedding photos and video. Do not hesitate to book Jose Ybarra Photography - you will NOT regret it!
    Betsy G. Married on 08/07/2021

You will not find a better Photographer to work with!!

Jose is beyond amazing. Not only did he stick with us through multiple date and venue changes, but also was super flexible with us when we had to change our package. He is extremely organized which has always stood out to me. On the day of the event, Jose was a rockstar. Beyond the fact that he has an amazing personality, he is incredibly talented. He made sure we got all the photos we wanted because he knew we’d regret it if we didn’t in the future. Every time something memorable or funny happened, Jose was magically there capturing it. He sent us sneak peeks literally hours after the event that look better than we ever could have imagined. His prices are super reasonable as well. You will NOT regret working with him. I could not have asked for a better experience.
  • Fatima
    Fatima Married on 07/10/2021

Love all of my pictures!

He did an amazing job! I am so happy with Jose’s work. He is very professional, knowledgeable, and creative. All of our pictures came out beautiful. Chris is great and gave great advice on posing and angles. I highly recommend using Jose for all of your events, you won’t regret it. Thank you for capturing all the greatest moments on our big day! I will definitely hire him again!
    Talia Married on 07/06/2021

A pleasure to work with!

Working with Jose for my wedding photoshoot was great from start to finish. The quality of work was amazing and the he was able to make my husband and I feel comfortable throughout the entire process - we highly recommend him
  • Jessica
    Jessica F. Married on 06/19/2021

Wonderful Pictures and Very Professional

Jose is very professional and very responsive.

My husband and I selected the signature package contemplating a guest count of 250 people. However, due to COVID, we had 170 guests total. Jose was able to have an assistant who was able to help capture additional pictures. I think that maybe 2 photographers would be best for larger parties. Also, Jose was able to touch up some of the photos to our preference - he fixed the color of the bridesmaids dresses (they looked teal but were actually royal blue) and he removed the coffee cups in the background of our getting ready photos.

Chris, the videographer, was also great at capturing great staged and candid moments during the ceremony and reception. Very professional.

Overall, the quality of the photos and video were amazing and were available very quickly! Photos arrived in about 2 weeks and the video arrived in about 4 weeks. I would hire Jose and his team if they did other events.
  • Nadia
    Nadia Married on 04/30/2021

Hire Jose for your wedding!

Jose was EXCELLENT. he is extremely kind, professional, and flexible. he really takes the time to get to know you, your style, your personality, then makes sure to incorporate this into your photos. we had a phenomenal engagement shoot with him, and wedding day! he was soooo professional and truly an expert. he posed us in so many ways for great shots and was so creative. he was so exciting to work with and really cares about every single photo. I highly recommend him for your wedding!!
    Krystal Married on 04/18/2021

You will not regret hiring Jose!

Jose and his team were exceptional! I was a COVID bride, who like everyone else had to adjust and postpone. Thankfully, Jose was understanding, responsive and flexible. He made us feel comfortable and heard. We had an engagement shoot, our intimate wedding on our original date, and our reception. Jose captured all of these memories. He truly loves and prides himself on his work. I cannot pick just one favorite picture! He ensured we'd have memories for a lifetime. I 100% recommend Jose. We have memories we hope to share with our future children and grandchildren. Memories I wish I had of my grandparents. At the end of it all, the only thing you have to look back on are the photographs. We will forever cherish our special moments Jose captured. We look forward to working with him in the future for our next life milestones!
    Caitlin S. Married on 02/27/2021

Amazing Photgrapher

Jose and his team were nothing short of amazing for my wedding on 2/27/21. From the start he worked with me to create a custom package (wedding day photography and videography, drone footage, wedding album) that fit my budget. As we got closer to the big day he helped me plan what pictures were important to me and what styles I was going for. The day of he showed up on time with ample amount of supplies and additional hands to help ensure he was able to capture every moment of the day. In only 8 short days (yes u read that correct 8 days!) after my wedding I had access to my FULL gallery to view over 1,600 edited photos! The process he has to view photos and download them is easy and efficient. I will forever treasure all the special moments he was able to capture of our wedding day. If I had to do it all over again I would chose to hire Jose and his team without hesitation.
  • Daniela
    Daniela D. Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing Photographer/ Videographer

From the moment Jose knocked on my door, I knew we made the right decision to book with him. Not only was he professional, but so were his colleagues! Super friendly and just amazing people. Not to mention that my photos are by far the most beautiful photos I have ever seen. I highly recommend them !!!
  • Alexa
    Alexa Married on 10/24/2020

Fairytale magical pictures!

I’m not only felt like a magical princess the day of my wedding but it was captured perfectly! I could have never asked for better pictures. They could be in a fairytale book. Jose is very professional very nice I would totally use him again.
    Brian Married on 10/10/2020

Couldn’t have chosen a better photographer!

Jose is very professional and our guests loved all the photos from our big day. He made us very feel comfortable in front of the camera. Our friends and family loved Jose as well and we look forward to working with him again at future events.
  • Jessy
    Jessy C. Married on 10/02/2020

Professional with excellent photography skills

Jose was awesome to work with! He was the perfect choice for our wedding! He found beauty in aspects of our home that I could never have imagined. He truly made the memories of our wedding amazing! I will refer him every chance I get
    Jessy Married on 10/02/2020

Amazing & professional

Jose and his assistant were incredible. They scouted the location to find the perfect shot for each part of our wedding. He knew all the right poses and shots needed to make the perfect album. He captured every detail so perfectly. I already have and will continue to recommend him And send his contact out!
  • Kimberley
    Kimberley M. Married on 09/27/2020

Highly recommend

Jose and his team were easy to work with and not only very professional but also perfectionists. I felt they really cared to get great shots. You can tell they take pride in what they do. They were experienced in all aspects of the wedding day and made me feel comfortable.
  • Garen
    Garen Y. Married on 09/25/2020

Amazing experience

Jose and his partner are amazing! Their professionalism is unmatched and their humor calmed our nerves throughout the whole wedding day. Absolutely recommend him to anybody for photography. 10/10
  • Janice
    Janice H. Married on 08/16/2020

Jose is a Rockstar !!!!

I have to say that from beginning to end Jose was so wonderful to work with. He listened to all of my needs and wants, made sure that everything was taken care of, provided me we all the material to make sure that all my check boxes were checked. We were scheduled to get marry in 2021, decided to make it sooner because of covid and there was no inconveniences with Jose. HE MADE IT HAPPEN!!! Our day was so magical and the fact that Jose captured the Most breath taking photos was the cherry on top. I will forever recommend Jose and his amazing team to my friends and family. You better believe moving forward this will be my go to, to capture the important celebrations in our life. My husband and I felt so comfortable and confident through the whole process. We loved José and appreciate everything he did for our wedding !
    Raul M. Married on 06/13/2020

Great experience all around makes you feel super comfortable.

Super attentive, detailed oriented, super professional.
  • Atena
    Atena V. Married on 04/24/2020

An expert in catching the little moments

Jose came through in photographing our little intimate ceremony on 11/6/2020 after having to cancel and reschedule our wedding to 2021. He was super accommodating in that aspect and was available for this micro-wedding if you will. While we were focusing on taking pictures with everyone present, most of our favorites were the little moments in between that he captured on photo. I'm truly grateful for his expertise and look forward to working with him again next year for the "big" one.
    Valerie Married on 04/19/2020

1000/1000 would recommend !

We met Jose through a mutual friend and I am so happy that we did! He has been absolutely amazing from the start. His personality combined with his great sense of humor makes you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. I felt like a natural! Jose and his team on the day of my wedding were phenomenal and my whole bridal party loved them. Jose even captured most of the pictures I requested, which was very impressive. He also had the photos sent to me within one week!! The turnover time was great especially since I was an impatient bride lol. Overall his photos are beautiful and I would highly recommend him.