Jonny Black Productions Reviews

552 | Houston, TX

552 Reviews for Jonny Black Productions

Taylor · Married on 07/16/2016

We were so pleased with Jonny Black productions! They did a wonderful job at our wedding, we couldn't have chosen a better dj & the photo booth was so much fun!!
    We are already talking about them being at our 'five year' party!!!
    Thanks you guys!! ??????

Sent on 09/09/2016

Shelby · Married on 06/04/2016

Initially, my husband and I had a hard time selecting a DJ but that became a no brainer when we found Jonny Black Productions. We heard about Jonny Black from a friend who could not stop talking about how amazing they were. We decided to call them to see if they would be a good fit for us. We had a budget in mind and we told that to Javier who initially worked with us and he never pushed us or strayed us away from the path but was always honest with us. We knew from the moment we called, to the moment we stepped into their office that Jonny Black Productions were professionals and not people who just “DJ on the side”. My husband and I were blown away on how clean and professional these gentlemen were. We knew Jonny Black was the right fit for us. Edgar (DJ ChopE) was the DJ who ended up working with us and we wouldn’t have had either way. Edgar was fun, professional, and honest. We loved the way he interacted with us and our guests. We received compliments all night long about the music selection and how well he carried the night. One of my really good friends (who’s getting married in December) was one of my bridesmaids and just signed with Jonny Black. Such a great group of guys and so responsive in anything you need. One of my favorite vendors from my wedding. Thank you so much Edgar, Javier, and Jonny Black. Patrick and I were blown away. We will continue to tell everyone how amazing you are!!

Sent on 09/05/2016

Tyler · Married on 05/27/2016

We got married during the flooding last year in May. DJ Hollywood Steve was one thing we didn't have to worry about. He made the extra effort make sure everything went as planned, even with all the flooding.

Would recommend.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Jonny Black productions was so wonderful at our wedding reception! They were very professional and always available to answer any questions we had. We booked them to do photo booth and they didn't disappoint. They arrived on time, had plenty of fun props, and were very friendly to interact with. We were so pleased we chose them! They are the best!!! Thank you so much for a fabulous experience.

Sent on 06/12/2016

DJ Edgar is awesome. He really got to know us, where we were from, who was attending, etc, so during the wedding he had a much better idea of his crowd. He double and triple checked key selections and pronunciations, and all the logistics went smoothly.

But most of all, he just kept the party going all night. We allotted 4.5 hours for dancing, and the dance floor was packed until the very last song. Edgar brought great energy when appropriate, focused the guests for the important moments, but then stepped back and let the party rock with his great selections. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/12/2016

Erin · Married on 04/23/2016

If we could give more stars, we would. We were referred to Jonny Black Productions by a friend of ours who attended a wedding they were booked at. She told me I had to choose him because it was the most fun she had at any wedding she’s been to. This was our first meeting with any DJ. Immediately after meeting Jonny Black, you feel like you’ve known him for years. He is the most welcoming and genuine person. Jonny doesn’t go into selling but more into our engagement. He truly took the time to get to know us as a couple. He painted a picture of how our wedding would be if we chose him as our DJ. No pressure whatsoever and he was very patient with all of the questions I had for him. I knew that I had to book with him before someone booked our date. We booked with him that week without meeting with any other company. I don’t regret this decision whatsoever. To any bride reading this, if you are still debating on what DJ to go to, look no further. Not only do you get to work with a great company, but you get to experience the excellent customer service they provide. They were with me with every step to plan every small detail. They were so patient even when I changed the song I wanted to walk down the aisle to three times. They followed up with me and they were so quick to respond to any questions I had. We received multiple compliments on our music and Jonny Black’s playlist. He played almost every song we provided. He even played songs of his own, which we didn't mind because he knew exactly what the crowd wanted to hear. At the end our wedding, we couldn't help but hug him! We were so happy with how it turned out. I knew I wanted two things for people to remember and that was food and the music. It's been two weeks since our wedding and people still bring up how great the DJ was. Jonny Black exceeded all expectations and we couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 05/10/2016
  • nathuhbelle

Nathalie · Married on 04/09/2016

We have had nothing but compliments about the professionalism and excellent music selection of our DJ Steve. I had some music requests that were probably a little out of the norm for our ceremony (string/piano versions of Jurassic Park, the Princess Bride, and Harry Potter to say the least) and they made sure that these were available to me without any difficulty. Steve did a great job in keeping people on the dance floor during our reception. During our pre-planning and initial meetings the entire team was very quick to respond to emails and answer all of our questions.

To Steve, Jonny, and the rest of your team, thank you!

Sent on 04/14/2016

Retia · Married on 04/02/2016

If you are looking for all of the above (e.g. quality, professionalism, responsiveness etc., ), choose Jonny Black Productions, Edgar to get the job done. We inquired about different services, but Edgar was not pushy. He shared the details and waited patiently until we were ready to make final decision.
    He checked in to see if we had questions, and on the day of the wedding, he came to me to inquire again.
    I am the mother of the bride, so being the point of contact for bride and groom, it was great to feel we were in good hands. Also, my venue (Tuscan Courtyard) is first class, so I didn't doubt that things would flow.
    Edgar's bubbly personality is just what a wedding party needs.
    :) We should have added more time to party, Awesome night!!!

Sent on 04/21/2016

Mallory · Married on 03/26/2016

I would give 10 stars if I had the option!! From the initial meeting all the way to the wedding, the staff at Johnny Black was incredibly personable and truly did everything they could to make our wedding exactly how we imagined. They went above and beyond to cater to our preferences, everything from specific songs, lights, and cost. On the day of the wedding, they brought the PARTY. It was nothing short of the biggest celebration with our favorite people and favorite songs. They also did such a great job on the timeline of the wedding night which seems to slip away from the bride and groom!! I have already recommended them to my friends, and here is my recommendation to you!! :D

Sent on 03/03/2017

Brittany · Married on 03/19/2016

Jonny was wonderful!! Throughout the entire planning process I worked with Edgar and Jonny and they were both quick to respond to emails and phone calls. There are so many things to stress about your wedding and it was nice to know I did not have to stress about my DJ. During dinner, the uplights were kept soft and the music was low so people could talk. When it was time to dance, the lights changed to bright, fun colors and Jonny was super responsive to keeping people on the dance floor. Our experience with Jonny Black Productions was better than we ever imagined!

Sent on 03/26/2016

Our daughter was married on 3/19/16. DJ Showtime was our DJ for the reception at the Downtown Aquarium. He did an incredible job. When it was time for the first dance, the music kept skipping. After 3 tries, they moved on to the Father/daughter dance. DJ Showtime told the bride and groom more than one time how sorry he was for the music not working for their first dance. ( They were not upset about it at all) A little later in the evening, they had their first dance and it was perfect. DJ Showtime read the guest so well. The dance floor was full all night. The music was great and everyone had a wonderful time. He made announcements for us throughout the night and was always right on time for each announcement. So many people told us after the wedding how much they enjoyed themselves and had a great time dancing. Thank you DJ Showtime, the reception was perfect!

Sent on 04/02/2016

Angelica · Married on 03/11/2016

They are everything you want in a DJ and more, no matter what kind of music you want played! They're very professional, have great customer service and go above and beyond from what you expect. Best DJ I have EVER worked with.

Sent on 03/23/2016

Jason · Married on 03/11/2016

The most amazing DJ in the city of Houston. Very helpful and professional. It was a party all night long!

Sent on 03/23/2016

Cecilia · Married on 03/05/2016

Jonny Black Productions was extremely accommodating, even adding a last minute Mother-Son dance with minutes to go. I would highly recommend their services.

Sent on 04/03/2017

Allison · Married on 02/27/2016

Jonny Black Productions did an excellent job as the DJ for our wedding! Our DJ was Edgar and he was beyond great! He got with me before the wedding to plan a song list ,so he knew what type of music to play when the wedding day came. I was always nervous that no one would end up dancing but the dance floor was packed the whole night thanks to Edgar. I would definitely recommend Jonny Black Productions and Edgar not only for the music but also for the organization. Edgar was organized and never missed a beat when it came to introductions or announcements. Overall, Jonny Black Productions and Edgar did an outstanding job!

Sent on 03/29/2016

Kristine · Married on 02/13/2016

Jonny Black was a great company to work with. On our first visit we requested to have DJ Al Boogie. Closer to our wedding date we had another meeting to go over time lines, songs, etc. we asked to have DJ Al Boogie there as well. Meeting with him and Steve was an awesome experience. They listened to us, made recommendation on pieces we were unsure of and even gave us examples of songs and how different parts of the reception would be done. The day of the wedding was the best! Everyone commented after how much they loved the music. DJ Al Boogie was perfect. He keept the party going! We could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 03/30/2016

They were amazing!! Very timely and great with communication

Sent on 03/30/2016

I just wanted to let everyone know something about Johnny Black. The guy will work with you no matter what the situation is. I was very overwhelmed with all of the DJ options out there, and Johnny Black gave me several references that wasn’t just himself. This goes to show you that he is not out there to just make a quick buck, but he considers what is best for his clients as well as his non clients. He was so helpful, and easy to talk with.. Just wanted to give the man props.. he is doing it right!

Sent on 02/29/2016

Renee · Married on 01/30/2016

Jonny Black Productions seriously proved to be the #1 DJ company in Houston at my wedding!! I first heard of JB through my wedding planner who absolutely RAVED about their performance at a wedding she attended. For me, the music and entertainment in my ceremony and reception was a huge factor and I wanted someone who would deliver a seamless ceremony and a reception with that club-like feel. From the first point of contact with JB, the staff was amazing at keeping contact with me in regards to payments and coordinating the planning. They have numerous packages to choose from and will work with your budget to customize a package that will fit your needs. At our planning meeting, we went over in great detail exactly how I wanted the ceremony and reception timeline to go, what specific songs I wanted and did NOT want played, the overall genre of music I wanted to stick to, and most importantly - the lighting! They were incredibly patient with me and happily answered the 1000's of questions I had for them. I was fortunate to work with DJ D'Lux and Edgar on the day of my wedding... the ceremony could not have been more perfect - I had picked out some unique versions of songs and was anxious for them to be played correctly. Nailed it! The reception was even better.. they played every song I requested and steered clear of all the ones I had asked them not to. DJ D'Lux and Edgar were incredibly interactive with the audience. They know how to work a crowd and are intuitive with how to keep the audience happy. They were so upbeat and on point with the lighting, and checked in with me a few times to make sure I was happy with the way everything was going. The dance floor was always full of people and it truly felt like you were dancing in a club atmosphere... the whole thing was AWESOME. Bottom line, you are going to get what you pay for with this DJ company... their quality is everything and you REALLY do want them for your wedding :)

Shelly · Married on 01/29/2016

You know you made the right choice when your guest ask you for your wedding playlist! Jonny Black Productions helped us achieve the one thing we wanted our wedding to be... FUN! Of course Jonny Black was on hand to play through out dinner and get us through the first dance, father-daughter and mother-groom dances... But from the moment the dance floor opened up till the last song of the night our guests had a blast! The dance floor was never empty and the party was always in full swing thanks to Jonny Black Productions! Highly recommend them for your next event :)

Sent on 02/28/2016

Jonny and his crew are absolutely amazing at what they do. They were incredibly professional, helpful, and flexible during the whole music planning process, and the music part - incredible! We got to pick which songs we wanted/didn't want and got great guidance we needed from Edgar whenever we were stuck on something. They really know how to turn a wedding into a party, and everybody raved about how my wedding was the most fun they've ever had at a wedding. My husband and I danced the whole night away and had the absolute best night of our lives thanks to Jonny and his amazing DJ skills :)

Sent on 01/26/2016

My husband and I wanted to have a lively, upbeat wedding where everyone was dancing. DJ Chop-E (Edgar) made it happen. He had everyone dancing all night long!! He helped ensure that the evening ran smoothly, played a variety of music, and was from start to finish very professional. In the final months before the wedding, we were in constant communication with Edgar. He was quick to respond and gave suggestions when we needed it. When we met to do a walk-through of the events, he listened to the various things we wanted to do and was very flexible. In addition, it was a major plus for us that Edgar is bilingual. He was able to make all of our announcements in both English and Spanish. Overall, we had a great experience working with Jonny Black Productions and would 100% recommend them to anyone looking for a DJ.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Angela · Married on 01/23/2016

Being a wedding planner and owner of a wedding venue, I know how important music entertainment can be for any wedding. Your DJ can either make or break your event, so when it came to selecting a DJ for my sister’s wedding, I knew that Jonny Black Productions would be THE PERFECT CHOICE! With Jonny Black Productions you don’t have to worry about anything as far as music entertainment goes! They take care of everything from your initial consultation, to helping you select songs along the way, and of course executing a phenomenal event! They were very helpful when it came to selecting the perfect music for my sister’s wedding and reception. They reviewed my sister’s time line of events, and made sure that we had great songs picked out for each part of her wedding. Jonny was able to read our crowd and play the right songs at the right time to keep everyone on the dance floor! My 6 year old niece never left the dance floor, and at one point even the groom’s elderly grandparents were on the dance floor dancing! Jonny was also fantastic at collaborating with our string quartet that played during cocktail hour. I was impressed with how smoothly things flowed between the quartet and Jonny’s music. We also added the LED Uplights and Photo Booth to our package. This is a MUST for every event! The LED lights add some much ambiance to the room, and when the dance floor opens up they change colors with the music which adds to the whole vibe of the party! I would HIGHLY recommend Jonny Black Productions for any event! Jonny and his team are professional, energetic, fun! We had so much fun at my sister’s wedding thanks to Jonny Black Productions!

Sent on 02/16/2016

Sarah · Married on 01/17/2016

Edgar did a great job of handling the music for both the ceremony and reception, and he also provided up-lighting for the reception space. Multiple people commented how he was able to get everyone dancing and keep the energy of the room high and exciting. Everything flowed on time and correct music played. He was very professional and attentive to what we wanted and did not want for the event.

Sent on 01/27/2016

Marie · Married on 01/09/2016

Jonny Black Productions was so easy to work with. My groom and I were able to conference call in with Jonny for our initial meeting. All the staff was very easy to work with and were especially helpful while I was planning my Houston wedding from Iowa. Priscilla in the office made sure I had all the paperwork I needed and payments were processed in a timely manner. We worked with Steve (DJ Hollywood Steve) for our wedding. He made time to meet with us in person when we were in town around the holidays and had some great suggestions to help us decide on music and work on the flow of the evening. The day of - Steve was there early to set-up and checked in with me, but then did what he needed to do without a lot of guidance/oversight - making it very easy for me to get ready and not worry about the music! He was a great MC for the evening and helped us keep things flowing and fun - the dance floor was rocking all night! These guys really know what they're doing and do it well!

Sent on 03/24/2016