Jonny Black Productions Reviews

549 | Houston, TX

549 Reviews for Jonny Black Productions

Claudia · Married on 10/20/2017

I LOOOOOVED working with Johnny Black, Javier and DJ Showtime! They were absolutely attentive, professional, amiable, and definitely the best choice for us when it came to music! We also added the Photobooth, which made the evening super fun for our guests! I cannot thank them enough for being so great to us! I highly highly recommend them for your big day or any day for that matter! Thank you again to everyone at Johnny Black Productions!!

Sent on 11/04/2017

Cecilio · Married on 10/14/2017

My wife and I were married on 10/14/17 in Houston and had Jonny Black Productions (JBP) perform DJ and Lighting services for our wedding.

We were always told that wedding planning would be stressful, especially as we were planning a wedding in Houston from Minnesota. During a random weeknight, we were researching DJs in the Houston area and on a whim decided to call JBP, hoping to leave a message for a callback, to our surprise Jonny answered the call late at night and spoke with us for over an hour to discuss the event and the services they could potentially provide. During the initial conversation we were impressed with their knowledge of local venues and wedding receptions in general, especially their ideas for lighting, however what really sealed the deal was that Jonny made a great effort to get to know us, our music tastes and our traditions. We were blown away with the level of customer service JBP provided at such a late hour and completed the contract the following day.

Leading up to the wedding we were able to plan our in office consultation well in advance to accommodate our travel schedules and they were flexible about changing the consultation date when our travel plans were postponed due to Hurricane Harvey.

The day of the wedding we were in awe at how well the lighting provided by JBP complimented our venue and did not overshadow the natural beauty of the room. For the reception, the DJ performance was fantastic, Jonny was a true pro and was constantly monitoring the crowd to gauge their energy and would transition to different music to if needed. Even with some of our friends that are house music snobs, Jonny was complimented for his transitions and music selections. Despite the kind words, I'm sure that the greatest compliment Jonny could receive was that from beginning to end the dance floor was never empty, - Claudia and Cecilio

Sent on 10/22/2017

Schonmei · Married on 10/14/2017

Jonny Black Productions was wonderful to work with, Javier was super responsive and made sure they had exactly the right song that we wanted (some were a bit obscure, some not in English). DJ Chosen made our night the fun time we wanted it to be, the dance floor was packed all night, we had so much fun dancing, and at the end of the night, the crowd was yelling for "one more song," which he of course complied with. They made our night!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Kaeleigh · Married on 10/14/2017

From the moment we reached out to Jonny he was responsive and engaging! It was so easy to work with them and felt safe knowing that everything would be taken care of on our wedding day! On the day of everything went perfect and ALL of the music was PERFECT! We can’t recommend Johnny and his crew enough!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

From the very beginning Jonny and his team were very attentive, professional and LISTENED to what we wanted. I couldn't have made a better decision. They played everything I asked and more! I did not stop dancing all night!!!

Sent on 10/10/2017
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

Jonny Black and his team were so awesome to work with!! We booked them last minute (1 week before the wedding) and they really hit it out of the park! Communication was quick and they kept in touch in the days leading up to the wedding to get all the details sorted out and fine tune everything. They really put my mind at ease! DJ Chosen was our DJ and he did superb! He played a great mixture of songs and kept everyone out on the dance floor all night! Thanks again for making our wedding day so fun and enjoyable!

Sent on 11/09/2017
  • Natalia

Natalia · Married on 09/30/2017

Jonny was amazing! We had an incredible night, and he kept everyone on their feet (literally) the entire night. We asked him to play multiple genres of music, and he nailed EVERY selection...he even listened to the groom when asked to start the first dance with a Trap Queen sample! When one of the toasts referenced a movie quote, Jonny ended the speech by playing the theme song unsolicited.

We have been told by multiple people that this is the best wedding they’ve ever been to because of Jonny’s hosting and DJing. No matter what the age group or language spoken, the music had the entire wedding engaged all night.

Not only does Jonny have spectacular skills, he has incredible morals...he declined the best man’s offer of $1 million to play an extra hour!

If you want a wedding with an awesome dance party, Jonny is your man!

Madison · Married on 09/16/2017

Everyone was so welcoming and helpful. Definitely recommend them for dj services!

Sent on 10/16/2017

Jackie · Married on 09/16/2017

We had the best experience with Johnny black productions. From the beginning Johnny was such a pleasure to speak with and work through the details. Everything was so professional and organized! We had Jason a Garcia as our DJ and he was awesome! The dance floor was packed the whole night and everyone had a blast!! Thank you for making our night soooooo special!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/03/2017

Jonny Black and his team are absolutely amazing!!! Our number 1 priority for our wedding was to find a top quality DJ that would please our Colombian families in keeping our culture alive at the reception, bilingual, an maintain that fun party atmosphere throughout the night for our other guests. Since our venue was in Austin, I had the hardest luck finding a DJ that met all these qualities in the local area, which led me to look in the Houston area and see if any DJ would be willing to make the trip all the way out to Hill Country. It didn't take long for me to find Jonny Black and I am SO happy I did! From our first conversation to our last, I can honestly say Jonny is one of the best vendors I've experienced with. What I love the most from our initial conversation is that Jonny was very upfront and honest about all the prices and fees his services include, which is a major plus. Most of the time I have to drag that information out of vendors. Our DJ ended up being Anderson for our big day, and he was fabulous. We had grandmothers and great aunts dancing the night away. We also booked the Mirror very last minute and what a hit that was. Our guests LOVED it, and so did I! The attendant we had for the Mirror that night was also very kind and professional. I think what surprised me the most is that Anderson and the other attendant arrived to the venue very early to set up and sound check. I can still remember hearing the One-Two mic checks as I was still getting my hair and makeup done, and that was the most reassuring feeling.
    Thank you Jonny for making our night truly unforgettable. We are still getting raves about our wedding 3 months later, and I really owe it all to you and your team!!!

Jennifer & Daniel.

Sent on 12/28/2017

Alain · Married on 08/04/2017

Words can't describe how awesome these guys are. Jason Garcia did a phenomenal job - on the wedding day, everything was setup, he confirmed what we wanted, and everything was as smooth as a hot knife in butter after that. We really wanted more of a "club" feel rather than your traditional typical "family friendly" reception, and jason absolutely murdered it. We received numerous compliments from our guests about how the beat was completely sick and never stopped. What a party!

Throughout the process, Jonny Black was extremely responsive, catering to our needs, and made us feel like family instead of a client just paying money for DJ services. I know I'm extremely detail oriented, and Jonny and his team never let me down. He did his best to follow up, before, during, and after the wedding to make sure everything went smoothly, and boy, did he do that.

I can't recommend these guys enough. I will leave everyone with one question - Do you want Jonny Black Productions to DJ your wedding, or do you ABSOLUTELY want them to DJ it?

Daniel · Married on 07/29/2017

You guys made our wedding night the best night ever for friends and family. The DJ is key for a successful event and we are beyond satisfied with your services. I strongly recommend Jonny Black Productions!!

Angelina · Married on 07/28/2017

I met Jonny and his team at the bridal extravaganza. Their booth and professionalism is what caught my eye. Their booth was fancy and everyone was dress to a "T". I literally left that show only remembering one name (Jason Garcia) and one vendor Jonny Black productions. From the beggining which was that show and then all the communicating everything was smooth. I really liked how everyone was so detailed about every little thing. You can tell they take their job and customers very serious and care about you. I never had any trouble contacting anyone. Honestly they contacted me first every time and made sure I was never left with any questions. I really feel like I gained new friends! Jason Garcia was my dj and he added the groom and I on Facebook, which I feel like he really got to know us better. It was like he was doing his homework on us! Before the wedding, you meet with them one last time to go over everything. Jason was so much help there. There were some questions I didn't have answers to, like which songs. But Jason had so many suggestions and I loved them all! The day of the wedding, I couldn't have asked for anyone better! The music was on point and we had someone dancing at all times!!! Everyone had a blast and they are still talking about the "Lawson" wedding. Thank you Jason! Thank you Jonny Black productions for being the greatest! I feel like I need to have more parties so I can hire a dj for everything! I will forever be a Jonny Black productions customer for life!

Sent on 08/16/2017

Kelsey · Married on 07/21/2017

Our DJ really kept the party going at the reception, and everyone at the company quickly responded to our questions and our requests for changes in the reception plans. They were organized and very friendly. Highly recommend!

Lexie · Married on 07/21/2017

If any bride is looking to have the best DJ in the business, Jonny Black is for you! His team was always prepared and so friendly, and made this stressful time a stress free occasion!! The music was perfect and Jonny kept the party alive all night long! There was never a dull moment on the dance floor.

Megan · Married on 07/15/2017

We absolutely loved having DJ Jason Garcia at our wedding! Our guests were up dancing all night long, and multiple people told us our DJs were awesome! When planning our wedding, we really wanted to make sure our guests had fun and felt like they were at a great party and celebration, and that's exactly what we got! I wouldn't go with anyone else. From meeting with Jonny black first, to meetings with Javier to having the best DJ at our wedding, we loved our experience!

Jimmy · Married on 07/08/2017

Extremely pleasant experience. The owner Jonny Black and our DJ Showtime were very friendly and easy to work with. Everything was perfect. Our friends and family were dancing all night, the DJ accommodated all of our requests, and all the organized dances went perfectly. I would recommend them to any friend or family member.

Amy · Married on 07/08/2017

They we amazing! They played exactly what I asked for and the photo booth was a blast! I highly recommend them if you need a DJ for your wedding

Shondra · Married on 07/07/2017

Jonny Black Productions are amazing ! We worked with Javier who was so helpful. He always responded to our emails so quickly, even the last minute ones ! Our Dj, Dj Garcia was so fun and cool. There was never a dull moment during our reception, he definitely kept the party going. The entire team is great, everyone is so professional and kind and you can tell they really care about making your special day spectacular. Jonny even wished us a happy one month anniversary which is such a sweet personal touch ! Loved working with them !

Sent on 08/07/2017

Taylor · Married on 07/01/2017

Having Jonny Black Productions on our big day was the greatest choice! I had personal phone calls with Jonny and he made sure we felt comfortable and could trust their service and talent…and wow are they good at what they do! They were in constant communication with us through email, text, and phone calls. We could count on them in a timely manner for any question we had or changes we wanted to make. We had uplights, DJ, and ceremony sound for our wedding by Jonny Black Productions. They delivered the best DJ services and had such wonderful personalities. We had Jason Garcia, and he was AWESOME! Jason worked with me on having FOUR “father-daughter dances”; my dad, step-father, pawpaw, and father-in-law. It turned out perfectly. The reception was a party, and I am pretty sure it was the greatest party our family and friends had been to because NO one wanted to leave the dance floor! From Sweet Caroline to Copperhead Road to Closer to Wannabe…we seriously had the BEST NIGHT EVER! They were helpful with organizing our music selection for both the cocktail hour and throughout the reception. I cannot say enough nice things about this company and the people behind it! I cannot wait to work with them again! See you soon xx The Moores

Sent on 11/15/2017
  • I

Ivan · event on: 06/30/2017

Phenomenal job. Like the old saying, you get what you pay for. Jason Garcia, the DJ, was worth every penny.

Sent on 07/01/2017

Mimi · Married on 06/17/2017

I had submitted an inquiry on their website late at night the week of Thanksgiving and immediately received a text from Jonny asking about my vision for the wedding and setting up a consultation. From that moment on, I knew I wanted them at my wedding. Their level of customer service and professionalism is unmatched! A month before the wedding I had a pre-wedding consultation with Javier, who was very knowledgeable about all types of music and seemed to know exactly what sort of music we wanted based on the few songs we listed. He also suggested things other couples have done that we did not think about, such as the shoe game (which was a hit!). We had Jason the day of the wedding as our DJ and everything went smoothly. He made sure all names were pronounced properly and read the crowd so well that everybody was on the dance floor. I'm extremely glad I put my trust in Jonny Black Productions to get the party going!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Tiffany · Married on 06/16/2017

Jonny Black Productions are hands down true professionals. Every interaction was exceptionally pleasant. Jason was our DJ for the evening and my wedding guest are still raving about his mixes. Jason was able to read the crowd and keep us on the dance floor. Jason has a vast knowledge of music, so it was easy to trust he would make my wedding a success. Jonny Black and his staff are hands down the absolute best. Javier was very detailed and quick to answer any questions you might have about your big day. Thank you for such a memorable experience.

Sent on 06/22/2017

Allen · Married on 06/10/2017

Johnny did at amazing job at our wedding, especially considering the multicultural affair that we had. He was able to bring in all the music we requested as varied as it was and make it sound seamless!

Sent on 06/23/2017

Maisie · Married on 06/03/2017

I have already referred them to my friends!!! They are professional and so much fun!!!!

Sent on 06/24/2017