Jonathan Ivy Photography Reviews

143 | San Antonio, TX

143 Reviews for Jonathan Ivy Photography

• Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 10/09/2010

JIP took some engagement photos for us this past April. We love them! The photo session was relaxed and comfortable, and they didn't mind us changing our outfits 3 times! The photos turned out wonderfully. We are very happy with their work!
    Before we had Jonathan Ivy Photography take our engagement pictures, we had Jonathan do some digital work on a photo for us. He did an amazing job and was quick to send updated versions of our photo. It was exceptional.

Sent on 11/01/2010

Holly · Married on 09/25/2010

Jonathan and Samantha were absolutely amazing and made our wedding day forever special. Jonathan has the eye for the most amazing pictures and captures every moment spectacularly. I would not have picked another photographer to shoot our wedding and I refer him to everyone I know. We treasure our wedding photos and that would not have been possible without Jonathan and Samantha. What a special and memorable day!

Sent on 11/07/2010

Sarah · Married on 09/18/2010

They have become our friends and we will always have a relationship with them.

Sent on 10/07/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Sarah we love hearing this! We are so excited for yall!

Kaysie · Married on 08/21/2010

Jonathan and Samantha were so awesome to work with. They are a fantastic couple/team and worked with us every step of the way. Any time we had questions they were always so quick to get back with us. They not only took pictures but also made sure everything was running smoothly. We are so thankful to have the precious memories they captured! We LOVE all the pictures and watch the slideshows all the time!!!! Thanks Jonathan and Samantha for everything!
    Thomas and Kaysie Woody

Sent on 11/04/2010

Missy · Married on 07/17/2010

Jonathan and Samantha are TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!!! I wouldn't use anyone else!
    They go above and beyond their services! They are SUPER fun to work with!!! They capture true meaningful expressions on each person they shoot. You will not be disappointed at all in their work!

Sent on 07/29/2010

Tina · Married on 07/03/2010

Jonathan and Samantha are the best husband and wife team ever! They work so well together that it makes the whole event or session so comfortable and smooth. JIP was used by my sister-in-law for her wedding in February 2010, and from the moment we met them, my husband and I knew we would get along! The pictures from my sister-in-law's engagement session were so fantastic, that when it became our turn to tie the knot in July 2010, JIP was the only choice! Jon and Samantha are so flexible and communicative that I never felt "in the dark" about what services I was getting. And, needless to say, the pictures are phenomenal! I love my slideshow, DVD, and wedding album! They captured so many memories of that amazing day, I feel like I can relive it anytime I look at my pictures! I will definitely use them in the future for our family photos. I HIGHLY recommend Jonathan Ivy Photography for any special event!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Wow Tina! This blew us away! We have had so much fun with your family & the Wilkins Family, we feel like family! Thank you so much and I sure hope we can take you up on that offer and travel up north to visit your beautiful new home!

Sarah · Married on 06/26/2010

Sam and Jon did such an amazing job at our wedding. They are incredibly affordable, professional, and amazing at what they do. Anytime I sent an email or gave them a phone call, they gave about a 4 minute turnaround time (no joke)! The photos are amazing and they give you all of your photos on a DVD instead of making you purchase them one by one (which is rare). They were super prompt and kept the picture process moving after the ceremony so we could have as much time as possible at the reception. You will not be dissappointed with the Fosters... I can't say enough :)

Sent on 07/19/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Mrs Wright! You and your family were such a pleasure to work with and we are so glad you allowed us to be a part of such a special day in your lives! Yall are Fabulous!

Kathryn · Married on 06/19/2010

The service leading up to the wedding was great. During the wedding, Samantha provided invaluable guidance at the rehearsal and Jon was always in the background snapping shots. He was never noticed and the resulting photos were amazing. He has a great eye for makes the shot. I have not seen wedding photos prettier. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Sent on 07/07/2010

Courtney · Married on 06/19/2010

Jonathan and Samantha made our day a breeze! They were 100% professional and helped with things that had nothing to do with photography! They were just perfect!

Sent on 07/07/2010
  • Z

Zakery · Married on 06/16/2010

These guys are great, beyond being immensely skillful they are super nice people. They go out of their way to make sure that the photo shoots are not only tailored to you but lots of fun to do. They are phenomenal and I would recommend them to anyone.

Sent on 08/12/2010

Anna · Married on 06/12/2010

Jon and Samantha were a wonderful team to work with. They made the wedding planning process so easy for me in terms of photography. They were fun to work with and had great ideas that made for incredible photos. I could not be happier with my decision to have them capture my wedding and I look forward to working with them again in the future.

Sent on 06/27/2010

Kerie · Married on 06/12/2010

Great Photo's.... I have never seen a wedding depicted so perfactly...he see's exactly what is going on around and during the event. The engagement photo's were also wonderful.
    As the mother of the groom I would be sure and get a schedule of the times all the photo's are going to be taken the day of the wedding. That way you won't miss any shots.
    We could not be more happy!!!

Sent on 06/30/2010

Amie · Married on 06/11/2010

This couple has it down... they make you feel wonderful and know how to get the best shot!

Sent on 05/10/2011

Kathryn · Married on 05/22/2010

I loved working with Jonathan Ivy. No complaints- tons of fun and beautiful pictures!

Sent on 06/05/2010

Darien · Married on 05/15/2010

Jonathan and his wife Samantha have been an absolute joy to work with. They are friendly, professional and creative. We did an engagement shoot together and they let me swap my bridal shoot (because I was a little superstitious) for a Day after/Trash the Dress shoot. Our wedding photos were up incredibly fast and they are wonderful. Everyone who has seen them loves them. LOVE THESE GUYS

Sent on 05/24/2010

Kacie · Married on 04/17/2010

Jonathan and Samantha were amazing to work with; they are quite a team. They were easy to talk to all throughout the planning process and were full of answers. When the big day came, they were early so they could get a good feel of the venue and then the pictures were on! Jonathan is like an invisible man, he was everywhere right when he needed to be. Samantha managed the wedding party and helped everyone get where they needed to be and made sure shirts were tucked in and every piece of hair was in the right place. They really were absolutely amazing to work with and I would recommend them to anyone. I couldn’t be more in love with my wedding pictures. Jake and I still watch our wedding slide show weekly, sometimes daily, and thank Jonathan and Samantha everyday for all of the memories they preserved for us!!

Sent on 10/18/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Kacie you are wonderful! Thank you so much!
  • F

Casey · Married on 04/16/2010

Jonathan and his assistant were A-MAZING! First of all my wedding pictures are BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE them!!! And they made my wedding day a breeze - I never had to think about the photographers - They knew exactly where to be and when to be the entire time. My wedding didn't feel like one big photo shoot at all, they just caught incredible shots of us, our families and friends without us having to pose all the time : ) He truly has a "photojournalistic" style. I bombarded Jonathan with all sorts of questions for weeks and months before the wedding and it never took him more than a few hours to write back and answer every question I had!! BEST OF ALL my pictures were up for me to see in LESS THAN ONE WEEK!!!

I COULD NOT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER WEDDING DAY PHOTOGRAPHY EXPERIENCE! Worth every penny and more!!!! I HIGHLY recommend Jonathan Ivy Photography!!!

Sent on 05/11/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Mrs Baker you are simply amazing! Your entire family is! Thank yall so much for allowing us to share in your day.

Caitlyn · Married on 02/27/2010

I can NOT say enough amazing things about Jon and Sam. They made my day the dream that I'd always wanted it to be. I say this, because not only did they produce AMAZING photography and document my big day perfectly, they also did EVERYTHING ELSE. We did hire Samantha as our day of coordinator - but she was already helping with minor details and checking to make sure we had everything we needed before the wedding. They came to our rehearsal and dinner and were such a fun presence, always checking to see if there was anything we needed.

They are instantly responsive - being a young couple that is super technology friendly - they get emails on their phones, multiple computers, and through facebook applications, haha! They will always be friendly, professional, and out to ensure your big day goes perfectly.

I believe they improved my wedding experience ten-fold - we couldn't have imagined doing it without them. Service is number one in their book. After our experience, we will us them for every single photography need we have - I don't care if we're halfway across the nation - we'll come back for them!

Jon truly has a passion for photography - this makes all of his pre-wedding shoots and the wedding day photography a joy and fun experience. It never once felt like he was "at work", but rather having a ball doing his job. The pictures are extraordinary. We have had 4-5 friends be so impressed with our pictures that they have contacted Jon and Sam for pictures.

They are THE PREMIER photographers in the DFW area - don't miss out on the outstanding service and quality that they will bring to the most important events in your life.

Again - can't say enough fantastic things about them. We now consider them our friends, because they truly care that your day goes as perfectly as you have always dreamed it : )

Sent on 03/31/2010

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

You are so sweet! We had such a wonderful time with you guys! I don't even have to words to properly thank you, but Thanks! Yall are such a gift.
  • Caitlyn

Caitlyn · Married on 02/27/2010

Jon and Sam did our engagement, my bridals, rehearsal dinner, and wedding pictures a couple years back. We count them as friends and were blown away by the quality and professionalism of their services. They truly make the perfect team and our wedding wouldn't have been the same without their involvement. They were our best vendor.

Now, we have a toddler, and no longer live near Jon and Sam. We love their photos and the experience so much, that we travel to them for our photos! They recently did a mini-session with our 15 month old son and we love the results. He is teething with his molars, his schedule was disrupted due to the travel, and Jon was still able to capture incredible shots - I consider this nothing short of genius, or superman.

We are so looking forward to our family photo shoot this winter. Nothing beats Jonathan Ivy Photography. Thanks for everything Jon & Sam (and Emma!) : )

Sent on 08/15/2012

Katherine · Married on 02/13/2010

Jonathon and his team take amazing pictures! They also worked great with the wide range of personalities at our wedding and got a good variety of shots. Both I and my mom are thrilled with the way the photos came out and we can't wait to get the album put together!

Sent on 03/23/2010

Megan · Married on 01/29/2010

Jonathan and his wife Samantha were amazing to work with, they were very professional and organized. Jonathan got all the shots i wanted and so many more! There aren't words to describe what a wonderful job he did and Samantha was such a great help keeping everything on schedule and making sure we didn't waste anytime! I would recommend Jonathan to any bride out there, the quality and pricing of his work is unmatched.

Sent on 02/11/2010

Rebekah · Married on 11/21/2009

You guys were great! you worked with us so well even with my here and there request for pictures. You were prompt and professional and kept it fun and lively! Thanks for the great pictures and may the Lord bless you both!

Sent on 12/13/2009

Shelly · Married on 11/14/2009

We had an issue with the first photographer that we hired and ended up hiring Jonathan Ivy less than a week before our wedding. They rearranged their schedule and travelled into town to shoot our wedding. In less than 3 days they were more prepared than my previous vendor that we had met with 6 months prior.

Using Jonathan Ivy Photography is the best wedding planning decision that we every made. They were one of the best parts of our wedding. They are extremely friendly and professional, and they made sure that everything ran smoothly and that we were having a great time. They are so easy to work with and experienced that most of the time we didn�t even realize that they were there. When we were taking couples shots they made them fun and they captured the perfect pictures. Our pictures turned out gorgeous yet natural and really captured all aspects of our wedding. Our entire wedding party and family raved about them and are also extremely impressed with our wedding pictures. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a photographer for any occasion. It really was the best decision we made. You guys are awesome!!

Sent on 12/18/2009

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Shelly yall are so wonderful! We had a blast at your wedding getting to know yall. It was our pleasure to be apart of it, I'm so thankful yall found us!

Jerome · Married on 11/14/2009

Jonathan and Samantha make such a great team. They worked together and with us so fluidly that it seemed as though we had been friends for years. I cannot say enough about how pleased we are with them.
    Jonathan's eye for the moment is amazing. He could catch any shot and make it spectacular. We hired a photographer and got an artist.

Sent on 12/18/2009

Carmen · Married on 11/07/2009

This husband and wife team is AMAZING! They were recommended to me by another photographer who raved about them. Jonathan ivy Photography exceeded my expectations. Their quality of work is top-notch and they helped make our special day even more amazing. They were flexible, courteous, helpful, energetic and fun! I have recommended them to several friends and family members and I plan to take many more photographs with them.

You will not regret choosing them for your special day. Absolutely LOVE them!!!

Sent on 01/20/2010