Jonathan Ivy Photography Reviews

143 | San Antonio, TX

143 Reviews for Jonathan Ivy Photography

Morgan · event on: 09/13/2013

Jonathan Ivy is amazing! My fiancé and I absolutely love our engagement photos!

Not only is Jonathan an amazing photographer, he is so kind and accommodating. I had my heart set on a specific photo for our save the dates, and he made it happen! The photo was even better than I had hoped!

Sent on 09/18/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Morgan I had such a great time with the both of you! I'm so glad you brought Snickers along as well, he did a great job! Thank you so much for this amazing review, you made my day!

Meredith · Married on 08/31/2013

Sam and Jonathan were awesome to work with! They took bridal portraits for me last minute and had the proofs ready asap! If I had not already booked a photographer for our destination wedding I would fly them out to photograph our wedding!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

This made our day! We so enjoyed you two so much! Thank you!!! Hope your wedding weekend is beyond perfect!!!

Jon and Samantha are awesome!! They're seriously worth every penny. Our pictures were the most important thing to us, so we booked Jonathan Ivy right away to be sure we got an amazing photographer. We have so many beautiful pictures that we'll look at forever. We're so pleased!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you and THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Brandon · Married on 08/10/2013

Jonathan and Samantha did a wonderful job with all of our wedding photos. Our pictures are amazing!! Seriously, they are amazing!!! This couple is extremely fun to work with and will help take away the stress.

Please visit Jonathan Ivy Photography and talk to them before making any photography decisions. You will not regret it!

Sent on 08/20/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Yall are so wonderful! We had SO MUCH FUN with you two!!! Thank you so much for this fabulous review! This made our week!

Lorel · Married on 06/19/2013

I can not say enough good things about Jonathan and Samantha. They are a great team and the work speaks for itself. I would highly recommend them to anyone!!!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you for allowing us to capture your beautiful family! Like always, we had a wonderful time!

Meghan · Married on 06/05/2013

Jon and Samantha were so easy to work with and provided us with great service and beautiful photos. Could not ask for a better photographer for our event!

Sent on 06/26/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you Meghan, we had a blast with the 3 of you! Little Maggie is too cute!!!

You get what you pay for!!! The execution of their photos is outstanding. You can be guaranteed you will get the memories you want of your big day if you use JIP. Jon and Samantha are a great team and very reliable. Use them!

Sent on 06/25/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

This makes us smile! Thank you! We had a wonderful time with the 2 of you and can't wait to meet Baby A!!!

Natalie · Married on 04/27/2013

A few years ago Jonathan work my friend's wedding. Ever since then I knew I wanted to hire Jonathan. So when I got engaged they were the first vendor I hired! Pictures are a critical part to remembering the best and most fun night in your life... so hiring Jonathan was a no brainer. The pictures on their blog are just breath-taking.
    When we did our engagements I was nervous just because my husband and I don't spend much time in front of a camera. Jonathan made everything so easy! By the end of the shoot my husband and I were so comfortable and just having fun with the shoot!
    My bridals were just something so special! I had SO much fun hanging out with Samantha and Jonathan at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens. The pictures turned out so beautiful that it was hard choosing the favorites for the wedding!
    I seriously can't stop looking at the wedding pictures! The ceremony pictures are just so beautiful. Jonathan and Ryan were fantastic! They caught moments I didn't even know was going on! and even though my flower girl was scared of the camera, they got THE BEST pictures of her! From the reception pictures, you can tell we were having the best time! I got way more pictures I ever imagined getting!
    I can't say enough about my experience with Jonathan Ivy Photography! I highly recommend them to anyone getting married!

Sent on 06/21/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Natalie & Sam yall are so wonderful! We all had such a great time with yall. Your wedding was perfect! We are SO SO SO happy you love the photos as much as we do! Now on to little Pavlinys

Nancy · Married on 03/23/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography was the best decision we made for our wedding - other than deciding to get married :) Jonathan and Samantha are just simply amazing...in every way. They are the definition of professional, which is super important for hiring any vendor for your wedding. My emails/calls were always returned within a day, if not hours. They are so knowledgeable in not only photography, but also in all aspects of a wedding and will give you as much (or little) honest advice as you want.

Samantha is Jonathan's gorgeous wife - and business partner. She usually comes along for all of the photo sessions, and both are awesome at giving instructions on how to not feel/look awkward when taking photos. They also have great advice on what to wear, where to take photos, and just great ideas in general. They're just fun to work with, which is why we hired them for our engagement photos, tea ceremony, bridals, photo booth, AND wedding day. They've really became apart of our family, and I can't wait to hire them for our future photo needs :)

Their photography style will leave you speechless. We get so many compliments about our photos, and it's been months since the wedding. It's difficult to describe exactly how phenomenal their photos are unless you actually look at their galleries, but I know that we will cherish our wedding photos forever. Jonathan, Ryan, and Samantha captured our day so beautifully; every time we look at our photos - it feels like it's our wedding day all over again. We definitely got more than what we paid for, and we cannot thank them enough for everything they've done for us.

You will not be disappointed with Jonathan Ivy - highly recommended and a must have if you value the most important day of your life! Just remember that flowers are pretty and all, but your photos will last a lifetime.

Sent on 01/03/2014

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

We love you two and had so much fun! Thank you so much for your sweet words! Y'all made my day!!!!

C · Married on 03/06/2013

I won an engagement shoot with Jonathan from a bridal show I went to this winter. Both him and Samantha were AWESOME at everything. All of my emails were answered within 24-48 hours, but usually less than 1/2 a day. Jonathan really has a great eye for dynamic shots and goes the extra mile to make the picture beautiful. He even went so much as to lay his head on the ground to get an upward shot including the sun. Even though we won the shoot, I would use them again and pay for their services. The quality of service and photographs was top notch. I highly recommend them.

Sent on 03/25/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Hey C, I am SO happy that our paths crossed! We had a wonderful time with you two!

Maria D. · Married on 01/05/2013

GREAT photographers, amazing people, and outstanding service!! Always willing to work around the schedule and willing to help and serve with the best of their abilities and beyond!! Totally worth the price!! =) Our wedding was at Martyr Lenard Chapel (Fort Worth, TX) and the reception at Ridglea Country Club (Fort Worth, TX).

Sent on 07/21/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you so much! Your sweet family will always be remembered.

Lori · Married on 12/01/2012

Jonathan Ivy Photography, simply put, is AMAZING! They are an incredible husband/wife team. From our first meeting, they were professional, knew exactly what they were doing and so friendly. I knew they were my pick right off the bat. They did our engagements, bridals, and wedding photos. As soon as we decided to go with them, they were on the ball with communication. All of my emails were answered in less than 24 hours, most of the time just within an hour or two! Jonathan is very creative and talented. His wife, Samantha is too. Samantha can also answer any wedding question you may have - she always had the answer! Samantha was also a tremendous help on our wedding day, making sure we were on time, and was very helpful for anything we needed. Our photos were absolutely incredible! So many people have asked me who our photographer was. It is SO hard to choose prints, etc. because they all turn out wonderful. I also couldn't believe how fast we were able to view our photos. I have had friends who have had to wait months, we waited maybe a week and a half! I HIGHLY recommend Jonathan Ivy Photography. I can't wait to have them photograph our future family photos!

Sent on 06/13/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

*Blushing* wow thank you thank you thank you! You two are amazing! We had so much fun not only with yall but with your families!

AMAZING!!! Great people and great pictures. So happy with our service. They made me feel special on our big day and captured all of special moments. I love having such beautiful photos to look back at and remind me of all those great memories!!!!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Meagan · Married on 09/29/2012

I would recommend Jonathan Ivy Photography to everyone!!! I worked with Jonathan and his wife, Samantha on my engagement and wedding pictures. They are an incredible team: extremely creative and very knowledgeable. From the moment we contacted them to the actual wedding day, they answered every question we asked (which was quite a few) and worked to accommodate any requests that we had. The first time that we worked with them for our engagement pictures, they immediately made us feel comfortable and relaxed. On the day of the wedding, they were organized and quick while still being patient and calm. Not only did they capture our true personalities in their photographs, they were able to capture the emotion of such a precious day.

Sent on 10/29/2012

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Yall were a dream to capture! Thank you for inviting us to be a part of your special day!

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2012

Jonathan and Samantha are such an amazing photography team. If you are wanting creative, high quality photos then choose them! They really listen to their clients and capture their vision. They are very friendly and really work with your schedule. I had a wonderful time working with Jon and Sam, and they made it really hard for me choose what pictures to display!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you SO much Stephanie for this amazing review! Your wedding was so super gorgeous and we had a blast capturing it! Take care of that new little one!

Meredith · Married on 08/18/2012

Jonathan shot my Bridal portraits and our wedding day. I could NOT be more pleased!! Not only is his work unbelievably stunning, he is so creative, professional, and helpful. He had tons of great ideas for different shots and got every aspect of our big day that I wanted, plus more. It poured rain on both my Bridal shoot day and our wedding day, but that didn't stop Jonathan from getting the most amazing photos!! He and his assistant did a fabulous job getting different shots. And his wife, Samantha (the business guru), is so helpful and quick to respond to any questions I had. They make a great team! It's been almost 3 months since our wedding, and I can honestly say that I look at our beautiful photos every day!!

Sent on 11/07/2012

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Your wonderful Meredith! Thank you for allowing us to capture your day!

Jonathan is absolutely amazing. He is extremely courteous and unobtrusive and knows how to capture all of the special moments of your wedding.
    My bridal portraits and wedding photos turned out more beautiful than I could have ever imagined!

Sent on 07/06/2012

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Courtney you are too sweet! Thank you!

Giannina · Married on 06/23/2012

Jonathan was amazing. My ceremony was outdoors and probably 100 degrees, it was hot! He was running around in the heat at the Dallas Arboretum looking for nice spots for the pictures, which came out beautiful. He's a very nice guy, a pleasure to work with, and would definitely hire him again.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you Giannina, it was a good excuse to get a dessert afterwards!

Deb · Married on 06/17/2012

Jonathan ivy productions went above and beyond what we expected in a photographer!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Anita · Married on 06/15/2012

Jonathan and Samantha are a delight to work with and our photos were amazing. We could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 06/27/2012
  • User2519545 · 2+ years ago

Jonathan Ivy Photography did a great job with my engagements, bridals, and my wedding. I couldn't have been happier when I got my wedding pictures back. Jonathan got some awesome shots! I really enjoyed working with them. They know how to get everyone lined up quickly to shoot pictures. Samantha, Jonathan's sidekick, is awesome. She has really good ideas and is very organized. She follows up with your emails very quickly! I would highly recommend that you use Jonathan Ivy Photography!

Sent on 07/03/2012

Shannon · Married on 04/21/2012

I had a fantastic experience working with Jonathan and Samantha at Jonathan Ivy Photography. They were a pleasure to get to know during the planning process and were a really positive presence throughout our wedding weekend. We are so happy with all of the final photos - they truly capture every aspect of the wedding day in such an accurate light. Jon and Sam exceeded our expectations in terms of responsiveness, organization, and professionalism, and on top of that did incredibly beautiful work!

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • Carol

Carol · Married on 04/14/2012

Jonathan and Samantha were amazing. In addition to being spectacular photographers, they are spectacular people. Godly, Christian people who view it as their calling to serve others and glorify the Lord. A photographer can either make or break the entire wedding and having seen the photos already (less than 8 days after our wedding) we couldn't be happier that we chose to invest in them as our wedding photographers. They are a wealth of knowledge and so helpful in many details that are beyond their scope of responsibility, just because they love helping others. Definitely our favorite vendor - hands down.

Sent on 04/22/2012

Rachel · Married on 03/19/2012

Jonathan and Samantha are such a dynamic duo!!! They are so great at what they do and they make you feel so comfortable. My engagement pictures turned out flawless thanks to them!

Sent on 05/07/2012
  • Milling-Burch

Sarah · Married on 03/03/2012

We had the best experience with Jonathan Ivy Photography. I really enjoyed their package selections, especially having an engagement photo session. We had the opportunity to meet Jonathan and Samantha, in which we meshed right away. I felt so comfortable knowing my wedding would be photographed by a quality, unique, experienced team.

Samantha responded almost immediately to any questions we had.

Before and after the wedding ceremony family photos went quick and very smooth. During the reception, Jonathan mingled with the guests and was happy to take individual family pictures. After the reception, Jonathan took the bridal party to another photo opportunity by an historic building downtown Fort Worth.

I would not consider any other photographer, but Jonathan Ivy, for a special occasion.

Sent on 03/29/2012