Jonathan Ivy Photography Reviews

143 | San Antonio, TX

143 Reviews for Jonathan Ivy Photography

Clay · Married on 01/10/2016

We absolutely love every wedding that we get to film alongside Jonathan and his team!! Truly one of the best teams in the industry. Samantha does such an incredible job of communicating and making sure not a thing is missed too! Detail focussed, incredibly fun, and they are dedicated to serving their clients with the highest quality of service! High integrity, high quality, HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Vanessa · Married on 10/17/2015

An early piece of wedding planning advice I received that I took to heart was this: "Your wedding photographer is one of the main vendors you are going to work with the most throughout the entire planning process. Before your wedding for engagements and bridals, day of your wedding they should not leave your side, and afterwards getting back your images and making albums. If there's one vendor you need to truly love, it's your photographer." So knowing that, when I met and interviewed potential photographers it was important I found the right match. Jonathan Ivy and Samantha were that and much more for us. Samantha is a wealth of wedding knowledge and I have to give credit to her for some of my small touches I got so many compliments on. Jonathan is so amazing and talented. For our engagement photos, I requested to shoot at a new location for him. He went a couple days ahead of time and tested the lighting, angles, etc so that he was prepared for Jon and I! I was so impressed. His passion is one in a million that made me feel so special and that he truly cared about how our photos turned out. Samantha is extremely prompt on returning emails, texts, calls. My bridal portraits turned out AMAZING!! And we are beyond thrilled with our wedding photos, absolutely amazing. I could go on and on about their team but I'll leave it at this. You will NOT regret hiring Jonathan Ivy Photography. They were the best decision I made and can't wait to work with them again in the future! Love you guys and thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Highly recommend! He may be slightly more expensive than some, but the quality of his work is worth it! Your wedding pictures is not the area you want to try and save a buck! Awesome pictures!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Kendal · Married on 06/20/2015

Amazing job! My matron of honor and I both used them for our weddings!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Courtney · Married on 05/16/2015

For something so special as a wedding you should expect the best and THE BEST they are. I knew hiring Jonathan Ivy Photography was a good decision. I've followed their work for years always admiring the beautiful images they produce. But, what totally exceeded my expectations was just how perfect EVERYTHING turned out. From engagement pictures to bridal portraits to the actual day of the event we could not have been more pleased or delighted. The ease of scheduling and willingness to work with you to ensure the most perfect images was more than we could have ever asked for. Jonathan and Samantha are adorable and make you feel as if you've known them forever. Please stop looking and hire them. They are just too good not to.

Courtney · Married on 05/16/2015

C. · Married on 03/19/2015

Jonathan took our engagement pictures, and I could not be more pleased with the results! The pictures came out amazing!!! The shoot was a blast! Jonathan was very nice, professional, and easy-going. We shot at three different locations and were able to change outfits multiple times, so we definitely had a wide variety of picture options to choose from. Samantha took care of coordinating everything for us - locations, dates, etc. She was very easy to work with and was willing to accommodate us with our schedules. We had a couple of mishaps along the way, and Samantha was more than understanding about rescheduling. She was also great about answering our questions and responding to emails. Awesome pictures, communicative, fun/easy-going...what more could you ask for from your photographer?! I would most definitely recommend this couple!

Sent on 04/20/2015

Sarah · Married on 03/07/2015

Finding the perfect photographer to document our special day was extremely important to me. I did a lot of research and read so many reviews about Jonathan Ivy and many other local photographers as well. We scheduled a meeting with Samantha and Jonathan and I knew within five minutes of meeting them that I had found our photographer. They were the first and last photographer we met with and have been such a pleasure to work with throughout this whole process. They are a husband and wife team and they work together seamlessly. Samantha handles all scheduling and is the one you will most likely be directly communicating with. She is amazing and totally on top of her game! She was always ready to answer every single question I had! And believe me, I had a lot of questions! She is so knowledgeable and extremely professional. She not only put my mind at ease, but she was always so prompt with her responses. I really appreciated her attention to detail and the fact that she responded to every e-mail so quickly.

Working with Jonathan at our photo shoots and at our wedding has been a pleasure. We had an engagement shoot, bridal portraits and he was with us on our special day. He is truly talented and easy to work with. I've just been in awe of his work. I can't even tell you how happy my husband and I have been with the photos Jonathan has taken. He captured so many precious moments and it is so amazing to watch him work. His eye for detail is incredible. He undoubtedly exceeded our greatest expectations! The gorgeous images he captured of us are priceless and will certainly be cherished forever.

I will recommend them to anyone and everyone that is looking for a fabulous photographer! We are so thankful to both Samantha and Jonathan for being such a lovely part of this special time in our lives! If you are looking for a wedding photographer, do not even hesitate to choose Jonathan Ivy Photography!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Liza · Married on 01/10/2015

I used Jonathan Ivy for all of my wedding-related photos (engagements, bridals, and wedding), and I'm so happy with the results! Jonathan was the first and only photographer we visited when "shopping" for vendors, and we knew immediately that his photography style was exactly what we wanted. Jonathan really made an effort to make us feel comfortable and relaxed during our shoots, and encouraged us to get out of our shells when he knew it would make a really good picture. Jonathan and his team captured all of the big moments on our wedding day, and I felt assured that they wouldn't miss anything. We got a gorgeous wedding album that's both traditional and modern, with high quality prints and a really unique cover. Overall, we couldn't be happier with our decision to use Jonathan Ivy for our photos and would highly recommend!

Sent on 05/20/2015

Briana · Married on 11/08/2014

Our photos (engagement & wedding) are absolutely stunning! The photography was the MOST important to me on our big day. We researched photographers for days & it came down to two, but when we met with Jonathan & Samantha we didn't even want to meet with the other choice. They are so incredibly sweet, good people & SO talented. Samantha always replied to my emails super quickly, & she was always available & willing to help with other aspects of the wedding as she used to be a wedding planner herself (How sweet is that?!). Jonathan made us feel very comfortable in front of the camera (because let's face it, it's SO awkward at first). You can tell he takes his job very seriously, & I just can't say enough about how talented he is. I was pretty nervous to get my engagement photos back because I had the worst day, & then it ended up raining on us... but they were so beautiful. I can't believe how good they came out! We just received our slideshow of the wedding photos & I was in tears! He captured some incredible moments... and we are so happy to be able to hold on to them forever. I am so thankful that we found Jonathan & Samantha, and our 2nd photographer Sam was great as well!!! Our photos are perfection!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Loved Jonathan and all of the fantastic photos he took of our big day. He was so fun to work with and produced incredible photographs. He and his wife also were incredibly responsive in answering all of questions and concerns. Great team - highly recommend.

Sent on 11/08/2014

Rebecca · Married on 10/04/2014

Jonathan and Samantha were the best!!! They were prompt with responding to every email and phone call and you could even ask them questions about non-photography related wedding things and they would have great suggestions for you. I have received soooo many complements on all of the photos that they took at our Engagement session, Bridal Portrait and Wedding. I will treasure these images forever!!! Thank you!!!!! Highly, highly, highly recommend!!!!

Sent on 01/03/2015

Haley · event on: 10/03/2014

Jonathan came out to my families ranch and took my fiance and I engagement pictures. We greatly enjoyed working with him. He listened to what we wanted and also had creative ideas about where to take pictures. I would highly recommend using Jonathan Ivy. Our engagement pictures are amazing!

Sent on 10/14/2014

April · Married on 08/02/2014

Jonathan Ivy Photography was great! The pictures turned out beautiful! I am so thankful we chose them to capture our special day!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Megan · Married on 06/07/2014

Hiring JIP was the best decision we made in the process of our wedding planning. We could not be happier with our engagement and wedding photos. They are absolutely stunning! Sam and Jonathan are professional and flexible. We did our engagement photos on a moment's notice because of weather and other travel issues.They were always trying to accommodate to our needs and make time for us. Anytime you have a question Sam will respond to your email within an hour. Quality people and quality work. We would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Laurie · Married on 05/22/2014

Jonathan Ivy is one of the most impressive photography companies that I have experienced. I have used them to take care of my engagement, bridal, wedding and reception photos and I could not be more pleased with everything they have done! This wonderful family run company is professional, timely, and wonderful to work with. All of the photos are beautiful, artful and expertly taken. I am so blessed that I choose them to take care of my pictures on one of the most important days of my life. I will be using them in the future for ANY professional photos I need!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness, Laurie thank you! We had such a wonderful time capturing each and every one of your celebrations. We actually are in the process of prepping your images to show off in our studio and website :-) Thank you so much for your sweet words. We are going to end the day on a wonderful note thanks to you!

Taylor · Married on 05/10/2014

They were amazing! I was able to review all of my bridal portraits and wedding photos so quick and did not have to wait long time before seeing them. Jonathan and Samantha were very responsive to emails and answered any and all questions that I had. I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Taylor!!! We had such a wonderful time with you all! You are an absolutely GORGEOUS bride! Good luck with the house hunt!

Katie · Married on 04/26/2014

Jonathan and Samantha are the most wonderful photographers I have ever met. They are so personable, friendly, resourceful, and timely. They are both so incredibly talented and captured our engagement photos and our wedding perfectly. Each detail was recognized and photographed elegantly, uniquely and thoroughly. They surpassed all expectations and really made the experience pleasant and memorable. We will treasure these pictures for our whole lives. I could not be more grateful. They are worth every penny and I would recommend them to anyone. They give you so much more than what you pay for- an irreplaceable experience and photos to share and love. Thank you for all you did for us and for making this process so easy and specifically catered to us. You give such value and I am grateful to know you both. Thank you!!! I hope to use your services again in the future! You are truly the best!

Sent on 08/06/2014

Ashlee · event on: 11/06/2013

Wow! We loved the whole process working with Samantha and Jonathan. They took the time with us to make sure we got what we needed. I would highly recommend them. So happy with the quality of their work!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Ashlee thank you! Thank you very much! You have some beautiful stuff headed your way so watch the mail :-) I know you have time BUT I can't wait to see little Lynch babies running our way!!!

Erin · Married on 10/26/2013

A dream come true to work with and we couldn't be happier with the work we received!!!! A true blessing!!!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you!!!! This made my morning! We so adore you two and are excited to see what is in store for y'all.

Susan · Married on 10/19/2013

Jonathan & Samantha are a great team. They did a fabulous job shooting our daughters wedding. Sam is super efficient and will respond to any questions very quickly. Jonathan is creative, calm and a very talented photographer. The photo booth was a huge hit at the wedding, and Sam had a steady stream of people coming through all night. They are a young energetic team, and as a photographer myself, I really appreciated their work.

Sent on 11/27/2013

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Susan we had such a great time with your family! Your have a beautiful and sweet daughter and I'm so thankful our paths crossed. Thank you for this wonderful review!

Rita · event on: 10/06/2013

We adore Jonathan & Samantha from Jonathan Ivy Lifestyle Photography. They took photos of our grand daughter and we adored each and every one. We highly recommend them to all our friends and family. Thank you!!

Sent on 10/11/2013

Carrie · event on: 10/05/2013

Sam and Jon were very easy people to work with. I am very fussy about photography and I am so pleased with the speed, quality and experience that we had. Our son was very responsive to them, they listened to us and we were directed very easily by them for our photos. The mini sessions they offered were a great TRYOUT for us and we LOOOOOOOVED our experience and final product!

Sent on 10/14/2013

Kelsey · Married on 09/21/2013

We hired Jonathan Ivy Photography for our wedding and they did an amazing job. My husband and I could not be more satisfied. They did our engagmenet photos as well as photographing our wedding and we loved the results of both. Jonathan and Samantha are both wonderful people and really easy to work with and always had great advice. I know we will treasure the photos from our wedding for the rest of our lives, they are beautiful. We highly recommend Jonathan Ivy Photography, they are extremely professional not to mention a helpful and wonderful couple. We loved their work and will be returning to them anytime we need a professional photographer in the future!

Sent on 01/07/2014

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Kelsey & Trevor, thank you so much for this sweet review, we have huge smiles on our faces. We have had so much fun with y'all over the past year. We can't wait to see where the future leads you two!