Jonathan Ivy Photography Reviews

Jonathan Ivy Photography 6
Jonathan Ivy Photography 7

Sara Taghikhani · Getting married on 03/04/2020

Best of the best

Wow where do I start? Jonathan and Sam are the best decision I have made when it came to my engagement photos and capturing my wedding. Throughout every step of the way Sam was an email away. She was informative, detailed and never got annoyed with all my questions or anxious bride moments. Jonathan did a wonderful job of capturing every single moment! He was open to capture any type of photo I wanted, from the cheesy pinterest poses to my bridal party jokingly giving the finger as an "lol" moment. He even captured my dogs in the perfect light! He makes you laugh, advises you to take a shot and has fun capturing you in the most natural setting. I really appreciate that because I tend to get awkward if a camera is put to my face. Jonathan even calmed me down when my makeup artist was over an hour late. He assured me it's okay, take a deep breath and that we will get all the photos I ever wanted and he was absolutely right. I received all my final photos and my album super quick (along with a flash drive with high resolution photos). To give you an idea of how amazing they really are, when my wedding photo made it to the San Antonio Wedding Magazine Issue, they offered to send me a copy since I lived in Houston and couldn't get access to it. I cannot thank them enough. I am obsessed with my album and still look through it like it's my first time seeing it. They are worth every penny and I look forward to emailing them one day when I need a maternity photoshoot (not sure if they even do that, but maybe if I beg them enough). Thank you Jonathan and Sam, you guy are wonderful and thank you for making my special day unforgettable.

Sent on 07/03/2019
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 8

Hannah · Married on 04/27/2019

Hire them now!

Beyond Jonathan's obvious talent in photography, he and his team are also a joy to be around. This means more than I realized when planning. We chose him based on his amazing gallery and style - his photos are everything we'd hoped for and more. But what we didn't consider was the way he interacted with our guests to get those photos. He had a way of keeping the attention of those he needed to shoot and kindly preventing distractions from those that didn't need to be in particular photos. We had a two day wedding event and everyone loved interacting with Samuel and Jonathan! They're FUN, easy going, and ultra professional - exactly the kind of vibes a stressed bride needs.

These guys are a true gem in San Antonio - we're so happy we chose them and you should too!

Sent on 05/09/2019

Maegan Culliver · Married on 07/14/2018

Absolutely the best!

Jonathan Ivy absolutely captured every special memory of our wedding!! He and his wife are amazing to communicate with and are very informative about photography. Our engagement and wedding photos turning out amazing, and we could not be happier with the final product!! They are such sweet people and I’m so glad Jonathan and his team were a part of our special day!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Rikiya · Married on 06/23/2018

One word to describe our engagement photos, AMAZING! Our engagement photos and experience working with Jonathan exceeded our expectations. Without hestitation, I highly recommend Jonathan for all of your wedding and engagement photography needs.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Ahhhh thank you! Your sexy chic engagement photos are to die for. Some of our favorites from 2017 without a doubt. Congratulations you two!!!

Kim · event on 04/17/2018

We are so thankful for Jonathan Ivy Photography. They did a great job capturing our daughter’s personality in her senior photos. They made the process easy and fun. Jonathan did a great job of conversing and making my daughter feel relaxed and less awkward in front of a camera. The selection of photos were amazing. I highly recommend this studio!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Mallory · event on 04/14/2018

My husband and I have not had any pictures done since our wedding...9 years and almost 5 kids later, Jonathan blessed us with such great images to put up on our walls!! I highly recommend booking with him!

Sent on 05/03/2018

Chandni · Married on 04/09/2018

I love my experience with Jonathan Ivy. He’s a great photographer and makes you feel super comfortable on your wedding day. His wife Samantha was also extremely great and helpful.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 9
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 10
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 11

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you both so much for allowing us to celebrate such a special time in your lives! Your wedding was every girl's dream!

NIls · event on 02/05/2018

Jonathan Ivy Photography is fantastic. I couldn't be happier! Jonathan and his wife Sam are a doubling duo who went above and beyond for me. Not only did they capture that special candid moment for me and my future wife but they also did a great job working around the weather and my schedule. My overall experience was very pleasant and stress free. Jonathan is a true artist and Sam was excellent in helping orchestrate times and dates, together they reflect the absolute best. If your looking for a photographer look no further, I highly recommend giving Jonathan Ivy Photography a try you won't be disappointed!! TWO THUMBS UP!!

Sent on 02/16/2018

Hepsiba Austin · Married on 01/27/2018

Professional, caring, fun and memorable!

Very professional photographer. My fiancé and I had a car accident a week before our wedding day, which caused us to reschedule the wedding and loose money with various vendors. But NOT this vendor! He was very understanding and caring. Samantha and Jonathan kept in touch with us on our recovery and most of all kept us in their prayers! They knew this day meant a lot to us and when it was time for the photo shoot (9 months later), Jonathan was extremely professional, made all of our pictures so fun and memorable. He had great options for photo shoot places and great poses! I highly recommend using this vendor.

Sent on 10/17/2018
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 12
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 13
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 14
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 15

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

We are so thankful yall were protected and safe and that this day was still able to happen! Thank you both so much for allowing us to be a part of such a special time in your lives! We wish you both a lifetime of joy!

Jennifer · event on 12/27/2017

Jonathan Ivy Photography did an amazing job on our engagement pictures! They are hands down the best people to work with. We couldn't be any happier with our pictures.

Sent on 05/14/2018

Madison · event on 12/22/2017

Jonathan Ivy did my maternity photos and I absolutely loved them! They communicated very well, asked me for my opinion/taste and were so easy to work with! We had a great time and I will always cherish my photos!

Sent on 01/08/2018

Paige · Married on 07/08/2017

If you are looking for the absolute best wedding photographer out there, then look no further because Johnathan Ivy Photography is for you! We could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding. He is amazing at catching those perfect moments and always has so many great ideas. Jonathan is one of the most talented photographers out there! We are completely obsessed with our wedding photos and have Jonathan Ivy to thank! I highly recommend their services!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Paige!!! We absolutely love when you are obsessed with your wedding photos because you should be obsessed! Thank yall so much for allowing us to be a part of your special day.

carmen · Married on 07/01/2017

If I could give them 100 stars they deserve them! The quality of the pictures is artistic and captured our daughter's wedding in a way we will treasure forever. It was a perfect experience, Jonathan is the best, from the bridals to the wedding pictures they captured every moment in a unique way, Samantha took care and guided us through the order process and the photographs and albums they did are of top quality. I know they are our first choice from now on for any photographs not only the weddings. And an added bonus is that Jonathan was so much fun to work with, our entire family and guests loved working with him and his staff so much they want him as the official family photographer. We absolutely without any reservation highly recommend them for your wedding or any other event.

Sent on 12/08/2017

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Oh my goodness, reading this made our day. You all had the most gorgeous wedding and we are so thankful you trusted us to capture it all. We have had a wonderful time getting to know you all and are so excited for your family. Thank you!!!

Adriana · Married on 07/01/2017

Quick email responses, BEAUTIFUL pictures, Jonathan was so fun the day of our wedding and we barely noticed him taking pictures when we were getting ready and in nice moments like the father daughter first look. They made us a beautiful album and got our pictures to us very quickly. He also made it so easy for us to get big group pictures that we thought would take forever but he was quick positioning everyone and getting all of the pictures we wanted done. Would highly recommend their services!!

Sent on 12/10/2017
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 16
    Jonathan Ivy Photography 17

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

THANK YOU!!!! Your wedding was so much fun! Not only was it beautiful, everyone was having so much fun which makes taking photos SO MUCH FUN!!! We wish the two of you a lifetime of happiness!!!

Candice · Married on 03/11/2017

I cannot even begin to describe how fantastic Jonathan and Samantha are. She is by her phone and email at all times to answer any questions you may have, which is hard to find in a photographer.
    On the day of my wedding, we apparently were on a time crunch and were running slightly behind schedule. I had no clue, why? Because Jonathan took control of the situation and made me feel so relaxed as if nothing was wrong, even though he knew we were running behind. I had a day of coordinator, but she was no where to be found at my hotel while getting ready. Jonathan took matters into his own hands, and I can't thank him enough!!! It would NOT have been the same without him there. He is not only the most talented photographer, but the most professional as well. His work will capture every moment of your wedding, and you won't even know he's there! The photos are unbelievable. I am beyond happy with all of my engagement and wedding photos. My husband loved him as well. I will definitely be using him for all of my future photos!
    If you're searching for a great photographer for your wedding, look no further. He is the best!!!

Sent on 06/03/2017

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

You two are simply wonderful, thank you so much for this amazing review! You knocked it out of the park with the design and decor which makes our job so much more fun! Every where we turned was something beautiful and it shows in the photos. We are so happy for yall and wish you both a lifetime of happiness!

Jonathan is funny and a true professional. He really tries to make sure you're at ease when you take your photos and let your personality shine, because let's face it- how often do you take these type of photos... the fiancee was nervous that he'd have to awkwardly pose or do something strange but we ended up having a ton of fun and the photos came out wonderfully! He told us that it would take two weeks due to it being peak season (two weeks is great speed for editing a ton of photos, IMO), and though we told him we were in no hurry (wedding is more than a year a way) he remained true to his word. We had a whirlwind of a photo session and I bet almost every location that we picked had something that was unexpected/obstacles (one side of the Water Wall was off, crazy Houston traffic lead us to lose a lot of daylight, our rooftop nighttime skyline view at a Downtown garage was closed to visitors, and more), but Jonathan worked with us to ensure a great session, and he even found us an additional location to shoot to take place of the one location we couldn't get to because he wanted us to be happy with our photos. He went above and beyond for us! I definitely recommend him if you're looking for a photographer to shoot your engagement photos and though I haven't gotten married yet the wedding photos I have seen him display on his blog are absolutely gorgeous. Samantha is also very helpful and professional and was able to answer all of our questions prior to the shoot.

Sent on 10/08/2015

Jonathan Ivy Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for sharing this. Jonathan really does do a great job of thinking on his feet and when his couples are like yall and ready to dive in, art and creativity win! We are so happy you love your photos because we love them too! - Samantha

karen · Married on 11/22/2016

If your looking for amazing,take your breathe away pictures.....Don't look any further.....
    Jonathan is the person to take them....I had been looking online around a year before my wedding and i would always look at his work.
    Because of timing I couldn't use him for the ceremony and man do i regret it.
    Look at his portfolio and you will fall in love.Him and Sam do an amazing job from the beginning to the end.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Amanda · Married on 11/18/2016

Beautifully unique photos that you will thank yourself for choosing Jonathan Ivy photography. Wedding photos should be special and Jonathan ivy will do just that. The photographers are personal and will make you feel comfortable and the photos/album will exceed your highest expectations.

Sent on 12/16/2017
  • Elly

Elly · Married on 02/20/2016

Jonathan and Samantha are incredibly helpful, sweet, talented, and professional! Jonathan is an amazing photographer and Samantha runs everything like a well-oiled machine! I absolutely loooove my wedding and engagement photos and have recommended Jonathan Ivy to several people already. The most impressive thing was that he could manage and tolerate my husband and his drunk groomsmen while shooting the wedding haha!

Sent on 05/10/2016

Clay · Married on 01/10/2016

We absolutely love every wedding that we get to film alongside Jonathan and his team!! Truly one of the best teams in the industry. Samantha does such an incredible job of communicating and making sure not a thing is missed too! Detail focussed, incredibly fun, and they are dedicated to serving their clients with the highest quality of service! High integrity, high quality, HIGHLY recommended!

Sent on 05/10/2018

Vanessa · Married on 10/17/2015

An early piece of wedding planning advice I received that I took to heart was this: "Your wedding photographer is one of the main vendors you are going to work with the most throughout the entire planning process. Before your wedding for engagements and bridals, day of your wedding they should not leave your side, and afterwards getting back your images and making albums. If there's one vendor you need to truly love, it's your photographer." So knowing that, when I met and interviewed potential photographers it was important I found the right match. Jonathan Ivy and Samantha were that and much more for us. Samantha is a wealth of wedding knowledge and I have to give credit to her for some of my small touches I got so many compliments on. Jonathan is so amazing and talented. For our engagement photos, I requested to shoot at a new location for him. He went a couple days ahead of time and tested the lighting, angles, etc so that he was prepared for Jon and I! I was so impressed. His passion is one in a million that made me feel so special and that he truly cared about how our photos turned out. Samantha is extremely prompt on returning emails, texts, calls. My bridal portraits turned out AMAZING!! And we are beyond thrilled with our wedding photos, absolutely amazing. I could go on and on about their team but I'll leave it at this. You will NOT regret hiring Jonathan Ivy Photography. They were the best decision I made and can't wait to work with them again in the future! Love you guys and thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Highly recommend! He may be slightly more expensive than some, but the quality of his work is worth it! Your wedding pictures is not the area you want to try and save a buck! Awesome pictures!

Sent on 11/22/2014

Kendal · Married on 06/20/2015

Amazing job! My matron of honor and I both used them for our weddings!

Sent on 10/14/2015

Courtney · Married on 05/16/2015

For something so special as a wedding you should expect the best and THE BEST they are. I knew hiring Jonathan Ivy Photography was a good decision. I've followed their work for years always admiring the beautiful images they produce. But, what totally exceeded my expectations was just how perfect EVERYTHING turned out. From engagement pictures to bridal portraits to the actual day of the event we could not have been more pleased or delighted. The ease of scheduling and willingness to work with you to ensure the most perfect images was more than we could have ever asked for. Jonathan and Samantha are adorable and make you feel as if you've known them forever. Please stop looking and hire them. They are just too good not to.

Sent on 07/10/2015