Jonathan Gibson Photography Reviews

100 Reviews for Jonathan Gibson Photography

• Sarah

Sarah G. · Married on 11/07/2020

Amazing photos!

Jonathan is the best! He was able to make my husband and I feel so comfortable during our wedding day and engagement photos. He was also very flexible with us when plans changed due to covid. His photos feel so natural and will always be a lovely reminder of our day! I'd recommend him to anyone looking for a photographer!

Sent on 07/26/2020
  • Chloe

Chloe M. · Married on 09/12/2020

Absolutely incredible

I would recommend Jonathan to absolutely anyone looking for a wedding photographer. He exudes a calming sense of confidence and is incredibly pleasant to work with. He worked diligently from early in the morning until the end of our reception. He brings a second shooter, but he definitely runs the show, while his second shooter is more of an assistant. He has an eye for unique shots from even more unique perspectives. He managed to capture emotions and memories that I didn't know was possible. Even better, he got our portfolio to us in less than a month! I have received compliments from family and friends that they are the best wedding photos they have ever seen, and I have to agree. You will not regret booking Jonathan Gibson.

Sent on 01/28/2020
  • Kimia

Kimia G. · Married on 07/10/2020

Highly recommend!!

Jonathan was absolutely incredible to work with! From our engagement shoot to our wedding, he was so fun and easy to work with. He dealt with our huge families and wedding party with such ease and had us laughing and having fun the whole time. He was an absolute pleasure to work with, and we would highly recommend him and his team! Thank you again!!

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Elizabeth

Elizabeth W. · Married on 06/20/2020

Best Wedding Decision Ever!

Choosing Jonathan to be our wedding photographer was the best decision! We have now worked with him three times: our engagement session, family photos, and our June 2020 wedding day. He is a true professional and so easy to work with. Jonathan was an amazing resource for planning both our original large wedding and an intimate ceremony. When COVID-19 forced us to change our wedding at the last minute, we knew we could still make our day just as special with Jonathan’s help. His flexibility and expertise put us at ease, and it was so comforting to know we would have amazing photos no matter what our day looked like. Jonathan has such a wide range of creative talent and delivered fabulous modern shots as well as beautiful traditional wedding photos. He perfectly captured our style and was a pleasure to spend the day with! We shared our photos with family and friends who were not able to attend our wedding and have never received so many compliments. The only problem is we have way too many favorites shots! We are so happy with all the photos and can’t wait to work with Jonathan again in the future!

Sent on 07/11/2020
  • Haley

Haley R. · Married on 12/06/2019

BEST Photographer!

The absolutely BEST photographer in Cincinnati! Based on our engagement pictures, I knew our wedding pictures were going to be amazing but I was still blown away when I saw them! His style is so different than your average photographer. I’ve had multiple people tell me that our wedding pictures are the best they’ve ever seen. We 100% recommend Jonathan Gibson to anyone who is looking for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 01/30/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 10/26/2019

Incredible to work with, even more incredible photos!

Jonathan was absolutely amazing to work with and I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for the best of the best in Cincinnati. He is ridiculously talented, detailed, and diligent, which all are clearly reflected in the incredible photos he delivers! He stayed with us the whole day, made everyone feel at ease, and was out there with us in the pouring rain getting insanely beautiful photos. We chose to add on the photo booth and it was definitely worth it! He has a stash of props but we brought some as well and I just can't stop laughing at some of them. He truly captured all of the fun and love in the air during both our engagement session and wedding day, and for that, we are forever grateful.

Sent on 12/31/2019

Paige R. · Married on 09/07/2019

Jonathan is amazing!

Jonathan is truly amazing. The quality of his photos are spectacular. He will exceed all of your expectations in a photographer.

Sent on 11/06/2019

Sara L. · Married on 06/01/2019

Beautiful editorial, artistic photographs captured with thought and empathy

Jonathan was a joy to work with! He has a very calming energy and an empathetic approach to photography. Prior to our wedding Jonathan was organized, communicative, and professional. He worked closely with us to make a list of the photographs we wanted and was receptive to our ideas and respectful of our preferences. The day of the wedding he and his second shooter were punctual and friendly and very patient with us as we worked to corral our large bridal party and families. Again, Jonathan listened to what we wanted and was able to read social situations to know when to move on to the next shot. He was also fabulous with our nieces and nephew when they were scared to have their photos taken. Finally, the photos are GORGEOUS. Not only are my husband and I in love with them, but our friends and family are too. I can't count on both hands the number of compliments we received on the quality and artistry of his work. My favorite things is that Jonathan managed to capture details and small moments that my husband and I missed that, when combined with all other images, work in harmony to tell the story of our day. I cannot recommend Jonathan enough!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Caroline W. · Married on 04/13/2019

Jonathan Gibson Photography is fabulous!

Jonathan is incredible to work with! His ability to capture all organic beauty in everyday life is such a talent. My fiance and I recently completed our engagement session with him and are looking forward to our wedding photography! Jonathan is able to bring personality to the forefront, capture life in the background, and create such a magical mood through his photography. We are in love and would recommend him time and time again!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica W. · Married on 10/27/2018

Better than we could have ever imagined

Words can not truly describe how much my husband and I love our wedding photos. Jonathan was incredibly patient with us and our chaotic families and changes in photo location due to rain, and his calming presence made us feel like everything was going to be okay. Our entire bridal party appreciated the direction and guidance he provided to make us all look our very best. He captured our vision and our personalities perfectly and has given us the best reminder of how incredible our wedding day was.

Sent on 12/06/2018

Jodi · Married on 06/09/2018

We are so happy that we chose Jonathan as our wedding photographer. The quality of Jonathan's photography is truly spectacular. His vision and artistic talent created amazing photographs for both our engagement and wedding pictures. He not only captured the meaningful details and special moments, but also the emotions we felt on our wedding day. Jonathan is very easy to work with and we felt completely relaxed when taking photographs during the engagement session and wedding day. Choosing the best photographer for our wedding was very important to us. These are photos that we will cherish forever. Thank you Jonathan!

Sent on 08/22/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 06/02/2018

To say that Jonathan is just another wedding photographer is more than an understatement. If there are two things that I am certain of, it is the person that I married and the photographer that I hired. From the moment I met Jonathan, he did everything right to make me feel comfortable and relaxed. To accommodate my hectic schedule, he was willing to have FaceTime meetings at all hours of the day. It was clear to me that Jonathan was more than a photographer he was a calming presence during a whirlwind of a year. When we met him during our engagement session this couldn’t have been more true. Jonathan walked away with a smile that night even after we accidentally showered him with a bottle of champagne during one attempted photo. Somehow, he had the impeccable ability to flawlessly wrangle and manage our 20 person bridal party for our pre-wedding photos. The photos that we received from him were jaw dropping. Our hardest job following our wedding was narrowing down photos for our wedding album- we wanted to include every single one. I promise, hiring Jonathan Gibson will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding day.

(If I could give him more than 5 stars I would!)

Sent on 08/10/2018

Emily · Married on 04/28/2018

Jonathan was incredibly professional the entire day. He kept us on schedule, was very patient, and knew exactly how to pose us. When we weren't posing, he sneakily captured the best, unique candid shots. Looking through our photos, it's clear he sees the world differently than the rest of us--he finds the beauty in the smallest of details, and makes the ordinary look extraordinary. He captured so much emotion, so much Cincinnati, and so much of who me and my husband are. Oh, and two of our groomsmen were quite happy to have the wine stains on their shirts edited out expertly. :)

Sent on 06/12/2018

Morgan · Married on 04/21/2018

Jonathan was simply amazing. He was always quick to respond to any communication, and always very attentive to our vision in the meetings leading up to our wedding. On the wedding day, he was so professional and patient with our large wedding party, and made everyone feel relaxed throughout a long day. Many of our guests commented on how he seemed to be "everywhere" throughout the day, which was definitely represented in the quantity of photos we received. The end result of the photos are absolutely gorgeous, and the candids really capture all of the special moments we hope to remember forever. Jonathan came highly recommended to us, and we could not have been more impressed with our entire experience with him.

Sent on 06/17/2018

Emma · Married on 03/03/2018

Jonathan was a complete pleasure to work with, and he managed to capture so many small, beautiful moments for us in a completely natural way. Our family and friends specifically commented about how he seemed to be everywhere throughout the entire reception, and the photos he took for us (indoor and outdoor) are completely beautiful. He worked so patiently with our (very) large wedding party of 20 people and we couldn't be happier with the results.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Lindsay · Married on 08/05/2017

Hands down the most beautiful wedding photos I could ever ask for, and Jonathan is incredibly professional, and easy to work with. I can't begin to explain how highly I recommend Jonathan.

His work is the best mix of artistic and also glamorous, flattering wedding photos. It's the perfect balance to make your wedding photos not the same as every other wedding photo you see.

We worked with Jonathan for over a year, he did our engagement photos - which turned out gorgeous - and he was with us on our wedding day all day long. Besides his body of work, one of the reasons I chose Jonathan was that he had no time limit on his wedding day service. A lot of photographers do, and it made all the difference that he was able to be with us from getting ready all the way through the end of the night. When we received his photos back, we got to relive the entire day through his work.

He's a great guy, and so easy to work with. We had a huge wedding party and he kept things moving, so no one was frustrated with how long photos were taking. Huge thanks to Jonathan for capturing our day perfectly. We will cherish our photos forever.

I highly recommend Jonathan, you can't ask for a better photographer.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Meg · Married on 07/29/2017

Jonathan Gibson went above and beyond the call of duty to capture the special moments during our wedding day. He is meticulous, creative, and professional. We could count on Jonathan to organize our photo sessions. Yet, he did more than merely coordinate photos; he is a true artist. We turned one of our engagement photos into a canvas print, and it looks like it belongs in a gallery! In addition to his expertise, he is a pleasure to work with and made the wedding party and guests feel at ease.
    Your wedding is an important day in your life. Yet sadly, it is only one day. We are so glad we had a photographer we could trust to create keepsakes that will last for our lifetimes.
    We <3 Jonathan Gibson Photography!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2017

Jonathan was amazing and so wonderful to work with. He was able to get shoots during our wedding, blew us away and they were all stunning. It is hard to choose a favorite since Jonathan gave us so many amazing pictures. He was so easy to work with as well. If there was a particular photo that I wanted, he was able to get it!!!! I am SO GLAD that

Sent on 09/07/2017

Radhika · Married on 06/03/2017

Jonathan Gibson is truly incredible! He has such a gift for photography. We could not be happier with our wedding photos. What we love about Jonathan is his ability to capture moments, not just the events. He was able to capture the love in the air, as well as some really great action shots that showed movement with dancing and running around. In one shot he even got a picture of someone throwing a dandiya (like a drum stick) up in the air -- he got a mid air shot that is incredible! I would recommend Jonathan to everyone getting married in the Cincinnati area! He is also incredibly professional and so kind hearted. It was so nice to have a wonderful photographer, not only gifted, but also kind, as our wedding photographer :)

Sent on 08/13/2017

Amy · Married on 05/06/2017

Jonathan did an amazing job photographing our wedding! He was super calm and easy to work with that day. Our bridal party and family had so much fun taking pictures, and we now have photographs that we will cherish forever. We would definitely recommend Jonathan to anyone in the Tri-State area!

Sent on 06/22/2017

Terry · Married on 04/29/2017

Jonathan took both “couple” photos in autumn and wedding photos in spring for us. I have to warn potential clients to be careful when selecting Jonathan because he seems to render people speechless. We shared our photos with all our guests and others and the only things we and they could say were words like “Wow,” “Oh my God,” “I can’t believe…,” “Astonishing.” The photos were that good.

He has the ability to read people; so, he was not only able to capture the moments of the day, he was able to capture personalities, hidden moments, and grand gestures. He caught the small details, the impossible shots, and overall mood of the room and the guests. Several of our guests purchased or printed photos of the silverware, the décor, and even the wait staff to hang in their homes because of the artistic quality.

His art aside, he is so easy to work with: he is calm, efficient, unobtrusive, and one of the most genuinely nice individuals we have met. We had such confidence in him, we were able to focus on everything else we needed to do that day, and let him do what he needed to do. We were not disappointed. We seriously cannot thank him enough…and he might be tired of us trying to do that by now.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Mary · Married on 04/22/2017

If I could give Jonathan Gibson more than 5 stars, I would. He is the absolute best in the business. Jonathan captured our engagements pictures and wedding day perfectly; his work is impeccable. I was blown away with the quality of the photographs and the tiny little details that he caught throughout the entire day. He was always funny, professional, kind, and made everyone feel at ease. Jonathan was definitely the best decision we made in the wedding planning process!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Janet · Married on 03/18/2017

My husband and I had the honor of working with Jonathan Gibson for our March wedding and cannot recommend him highly enough. The photographs Jonathan took are gorgeous, creative and so meaningful. Jonathan and his assistant captured every detail our of wedding day so beautifully, and each image is its own work of art. We love the images of our friends and family - the bridesmaids getting ready, my mother helping with my veil, my grandmother on the dance floor, our nieces asleep on chairs. Jonathan's passion and skill shine through in the way he represented every single wedding guest. The friends and family with whom we've shared our photos have also been amazed by the quality of his work. Both Jonathan and his assistant were so kind and pleasant to work with on the wedding day, putting all of us at ease and making us laugh between shots. He was also extremely prompt and professional in all communication leading up to the wedding. We will cherish our wedding photos forever and highly, highly recommend Jonathan Gibson!!

Sent on 04/23/2017

Courtney · Married on 12/31/2016

Jonathan is incredibly talented. We loved having him capture our wedding day. He is so fun to work with, and finds beauty in every detail (which is exactly what I was looking for). We are forever grateful for his work and all the time he spent with us! I highly recommend :)

Sent on 01/18/2017

Juliet · Married on 12/17/2016

Having Jonathan as such a huge part of our wedding day was one of our best decisions we made in the wedding planning process. My fiancee and I were kind of nervous about being the center of attention and having our picture taken all day, but as soon as we started working with Jonathan all of those nerves went away. Jonathan made taking pictures so fun and easy. He is really a calming presence to have around and is very discrete when he captures those special moments. We had our engagements shots and wedding photos outside in area filled with lots of nature. Jonathan was willing to go anywhere, such as cold pond water or on a frozen pond covered with beautiful untouched snow, in order to capture beautiful moments. We recently got our photos back from the wedding and I cannot stop looking through them. I love so many of them that I can't narrow down my favorites! Jonathan is so talented and his photos captured every little moment of our wedding day so looking through photos really allowed me to reminisce on the entire day. If you hire Jonathan, you will have great memories in your photos that will help you remember the day for many years to come.

Sent on 01/09/2017