Jonathan Edwards Winery Reviews

Jonathan Edwards Winery 4
Jonathan Edwards Winery 5
  • Jen

Jen Wing · Married on 07/13/2019

Hands down best wedding venue ever

WOW is this venue amazing. We got married here last week, I almost didn't pull the trigger on the price of booking, but it was my dream, and worth every penny. We got married in the middle of the vines, the wine is amazing, and that TENT! They have a new beautiful Sperry tent. With lights and a few florals- wow. Hidden gem in Connecticut.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Annie · Married on 07/07/2018

My family, husband, and I couldn't have been happier with our experience at Jonathan Edwards. My mom and I knew JE was the perfect venue for us as soon as we arrived (truly, we pulled in to the driveway and my mom said "this is it!!"). It's a stunning site that perfectly fit the vibe we were looking for (rustic, elegant, and kind of anthropologie-esque). I also immediately fell in love with the gorgeous Sperry tents they use for outdoor receptions.

Apart from the beauty of the location, we were also very impressed by the JE team. The event coordinator, Erica, immediately made us feel comfortable and taken care of. Throughout the year, I never worried about the venue, wine, or day of coordination, because I knew Erica was on it. I was also impressed by how responsive the JE team was. I sent many emails and texts leading up the wedding day (i.e., where should I put signs? Can I borrow barrels? Where will the ceremony musicians sit?), and Erica was always extremely quick to reply. Erica also sent fun updates over the year (i.e., a picture of tent when it was set up in the fall, a picture of my flowers in the bridal suite on the morning of the wedding, etc.). The Jonathan Edwards team seemed to share in my joy and excitement leading up to the big day, which meant so much to me.

Overall, Jonathan Edwards played a key role in making my wedding day the best day of my life. I would highly recommend the site to anyone planning a wedding!

Jonathan Edwards Winery 6
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 7
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 8
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 9
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 10
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 11
    Sent on 07/15/2018

Katie · Married on 07/07/2018

My daughter and her husband had a perfect wedding at Jonathan Edwards! The setting was breathtaking. All the people who worked the event were kind and went the extra mile. Erica was a rock star! We could not have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 07/17/2018

Christine · Married on 10/14/2017

Jonathan Edwards was the perfect backdrop for our fall wedding. Erica was wonderful to work with, she always responded quickly to any of our questions, made sure she had every detail correct for our day, and was there to calm any nerves I may have had leading up to the second I walked down the aisle. We also enjoyed interacting with other Jonathan Edwards staff whenever we visited leading up to our wedding. The detail I loved the most about having our wedding there was we were the only wedding event that weekend. JE is not a "wedding factory" as they only host one wedding a weekend; not only did this make us feel important, but it made some of the smaller details such as dropping off decor early, setup and breakdown a breeze. They truly make you feel like your day is just as special to them as it is to you, a quality that was important to my husband and I. We look forward to being able to visit JE on our anniversary next year and many years to come. Its special to be able to revisit the place you were married year after year. Thank you Erica, and the rest of JE for truly making our day perfect!

Jonathan Edwards Winery 12
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 13
    Sent on 11/16/2017

Laura · Married on 07/15/2017

My husband and I just had our wedding ceremony and reception at the winery in mid July and it was one of the best days of our lives. It was picture perfect beautiful. Erica was a fantastic event coordinator that was responsive, guiding, and really went out of her way to make me feel confident in all our decisions leading up to the final minutes!! The vines were gorgeous, the wine delicious, the renovated back porch and bridal suite was everything we could have wanted. We had an overwhelming amount of compliments from our friends and family about how beautiful the venue was and how accommodating the winery was to all our guests. If you are looking to throw one heck of a party, Jonathan Edwards Winery is the place to do it!! Can't wait to go back to celebrate years to come.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Rosa · Married on 08/06/2016

My daughter had her reception at Jonathan Edwards Winery in August last year and everything was absolutely beautiful and perfect!! Erica was wonderful to work with and very accommodating. The Winery has a great New England charm and our guests loved all the details we were able to add to her wedding since the Winery gives you the freedom to make it your own style while offering great suggestions. The wine was loved by everyone. And the pictures came out beautiful with the scenic background. People still come up to me almost a year later to say how wonderful it all was.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Deepali · Married on 07/30/2016

I can't say enough good things about Jonathan Edwards Winery and Erica. We had such a perfect wedding day and it was large in part to the accommodating and easy going nature of the venue and the people helping us! A large Indian wedding with a baraat and a ton of moving parts is not easy to coordinate, let alone at an outdoor venue, but Erica was so helpful at every turn. She was patient with our endless questions and last minute requests for wine bottles/corks for some DIY projects. Not only is it a gorgeous venue, but Erica adds that human touch, which is so important in finding the right place to get married! I'm so happy we got married in a place that we will look forward to visiting for years to come.

Sent on 09/05/2017

Catie · Married on 08/07/2015

I cannot say enough about Jonathan Edwards and Erica, their event manager. It venue is absolutely stunning and the perfect New England venue. Erica was responsive, friendly and an true professional. She helped us with vendors, was willing to change vendors to help us with cost at one point and handled all logistics for the rehearsal and the day of amazingly well. The wine is also fantastic! So sad its over but so happy we made the choice that we did.

Sent on 08/13/2018

Heather · Married on 05/02/2015

We chose the winery for our wedding because we wanted to keep our guest list intimate, and the barrel room provided the perfect setting to do that! It was gorgeous beyond words, completely perfect!!! Erica, and the entire staff was accommodating, and incredibly helpful in all of the planning. We live in Maine, so most of it was done via email, and this was never a problem!! I cannot say enough great things about our entire experience!!! I'm so happy with our decision to get married at Jonathan Edward's , especially when I look at our photos, and see the perfect backdrop of the winery!!!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Lorraine · Married on 06/21/2014

If we could do it all again, there would be nothing at all we would change. The quality of service and attention to detail that we were given was beyond our expectations. Erica Cyr & her staff were exceptional. What a pleasure it was to work with them.

Our guests are still raving about how beautiful the setting was and how it was the best wedding they've attended. That pretty much says it all.

We would highly recommend Jonathan Edwards Winery as a venue for your special occasion.

Sent on 11/23/2014

Amy · Married on 04/26/2014

Erica Cyr and the staff at Jonathan Edwards Winery made sure that every part of our planning as well as our wedding day was as enjoyable and stress free as possible. Their attention to detail and flexibility allowe us to truly have the wedding we had envisioned. Although we were a very small wedding we were able to take advantage of the outdoor space, the tasting room, and the barrel room which made for a beautiful day for us and our guests. We truly felt that we were part of the Jonathan Edwards family. We look forward to many returns to the winery.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Becky · Married on 07/13/2013

Jonathan Edwards Winery was the absolute perfect venue for our wedding and everything about the day was made so much better just by having the caring staff, beautiful views and wonderful atmosphere. I would recommend this venue to any bride who is looking for an incredibly memorable wedding that your guests will be talking about for years to come.

Sent on 08/15/2013

Chelsea · Married on 07/28/2012

Jonathan Edwards Winery is the most beautiful place for a wedding! We might be biased but, in all seriousness, we could not have asked for better staff and support throughout the months leading up to our wedding. Erica & her team are organized, responsive, incredibly kind & enthusiastic and certainly helped to create the perfect wedding day for us. We would recommend this venue to anyone who loves wine, beautiful scenery & a unique, cool wedding day feel!! :)

Sent on 08/11/2013

Mary · Married on 06/11/2011

Everyone was such a pleasure to work with and made our day magical! Even though it poured! But even in the rain, the winery was the perfect venue!

Sent on 06/20/2012

Meghan · Married on 05/29/2010

Great staff! Great location! Very accommodating! Erica is amazing!!

Sent on 06/24/2010

Lindsay · Married on 09/09/2017

I can't say enough about Jonathan Edwards winery and Erica as our event coordinator. From our first venue visit, to many visits in between, to the grand finale of our wedding day, the staff at the vineyard and Erica did everything to make our wedding day truly amazing. The venue is absolutely picturesque and perfect, we were blessed with one of the most beautiful days in early September at our wedding on 9/9 of this year. It is a stunning backdrop for your photos. The new bridal suite is coastal farmhouse amazing, and Erica had bottles of our favorite wine stocked in the fridge when we arrived. Erica was wonderful, always happy and welcoming, glad to see us when we just stopped by the vineyard because we were in the area.
    The wine is the best in area, out of many local vineyards. The expanded tasting room, the beautiful deck and of course the vineyard itself for the ceremony had people complimenting the venue to us all night. Erica made sure everyone was relaxed and ready before the ceremony, and made sure we had perfect timing to walk down the aisle to the song I chose. She even started to tear up as we started walking; I love how involved and emotional she was with us, she truly cares about each couple that gets married at JED.
    From pre-ceremony toasting in the bridal suite, to the ceremony, to cocktail hour on the deck and the tasting room, to dinner and dancing in the tent, the venue was exquisite. I love that we can continue to go back to visit Jonathan Edwards and toast to our marriage for years to come. Highly recommended.

Jonathan Edwards Winery 14
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 15
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 16
    Sent on 09/29/2017
  • W

Wendy Starr · Married on 09/07/2019

Picture Perfect Wedding at Jonathan Edwards Winery

Just had a picture perfect wedding at Jonathan Edwards which is a beautiful venue in every way. Ceremony among the vines is truly gorgeous and the tent at night was a beautiful setting. Erica is a real pro who manages to keep everyone calm and on schedule for the ceremony without dispelling the high energy and fun of the bridal party and groomsmen. We were able to include everything we wanted. If you want an outdoor, tent wedding you cannot find a more perfect setting!!

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 08/31/2019

Is there a more perfect summer venue?

I had been to Jonathan Edwards over the years to drink their wine but hadn’t been in a while, so when we pulled up to see it with fresh eyes for our wedding on a perfect sunny October day, I looked at my fiancé and said “this is it.”

I prayed for the next 11 months for a sunny day with no humidity just like that one and ended up with the most gorgeous day of the summer. It was a dream. From the ceremony in the vines to cocktail hour at sunset and dancing under the twinkling lights of the tent, it was pure magic.

The wine is delicious, Erica is a joy to work with and the venue is a showstopper.

People are still complimenting me on how beautiful the wedding was and raving about the flow of the night. I love the way they guide the wedding from the vines to the tasting room to the tent and that it allows yours guests to experience the entire grounds.

It was a little overwhelming to plan a wedding on a blank slate from the ground up, but it was worth every single penny and the end result was perfection. Erica was so helpful and always available to answer my many questions with a smile and a heavy pour :) Wedding planning is way better with wine and if you're getting married in CT, this is the place to do it.

Jonathan Edwards Winery 17
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 24
    Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Heather

Heather Planchon · Married on 06/29/2019

Everything We Wanted in a Venue!

It's hard to put into words exactly how perfect Jonathan Edwards was for our wedding day. My husband and I always knew that we wanted an outdoor wedding in the area surrounding our hometown and when we toured JE, we knew it was the venue for us. From the outdoor ceremony space in the vines, the cocktail hour inside the winery itself and on the outdoor patios and lawn, and the tented reception: it was all exactly what we were looking for. The gorgeous new Sperry tent was a magical reception space- and the fact that it is included in the venue fee was definitely a bonus! We also loved that we were able to get ready in the beautiful bridal suite and that there was a place for the groom and his groomsmen to get ready as well. There is so much to offer in the winery itself in terms of space and aesthetic, that it's impossible to have anything less than a picturesque wedding day here.

In addition to the wonderful venue itself, Erica, the wedding coordinator, was easy to work with, helpful, and kind. She answered my many emails and texts leading up to the day and she worked with us to make sure that everything was exactly what we had hoped: from planning the ceremony to ensuring that the bridal party and family were hydrated and cool as we took photos on the hot day. She was calm and collected on the day of, even though threats of rain loomed in the forecast and I was anything but calm myself. She ensured us that all would run smoothly, even if our plans needed to change and we would have to do our ceremony indoors in the barrel room (which, fortunately, we did not, but it is always great to have a back up plan for an outdoor venue!).

If you are looking for a fantastic outdoor venue space in this area with a staff that is outstanding, I couldn't recommend Jonathan Edwards more!

Jonathan Edwards Winery 25
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 31
    Jonathan Edwards Winery 32
    Sent on 07/23/2019

Kim · Married on 09/06/2014

Jonathan Edwards Winery set the tone for my whole wedding. It was stunning and perfect! You don't need to add a lot of other decor either and let the vines to all of the work:) All of my guests took pictures in the vines (with a lot of them becoming their profile pictures!) The venue stood on its own, but what really makes it special is the staff! Erica is the venue coordinator and her and her staff make sure the ceremony gets off without a hitch. She is super laid back, making you feel very calm, and yet very professional as well, I knew I was in great hands. It also is really nice having meetings with a glass of wine at all times:) The wines at the vineyard they actually grow there are really good as well, we served only ones grown there and got a special bottle for us on our anniversary. I am so happy I went with a venue that we can go back and enjoy on weekends in our future as well. I'm such a big fan of this winery, we will be coming back for years to come!

Sent on 11/03/2014

Sandy · Married on 09/24/2011

Jonathan Edwards Winery is a unique and magical place for a wedding. The venue has a country yet elegant feel to it, and there are so many different areas to explore and use for pictures and decor. You won't find better wine in Connecticut either. Erica, the event coordinator, is fantastic to work with as well.

Sent on 10/05/2011

Beth · Married on 08/20/2011

From the day I stepped foot at Jonathan Edwards Winery, I fell in love with it and knew it was the place for our wedding. The scenery is breath-taking, with rows of vines going off into the horizon and quaint stone walls scattered throughout the property. It's the perfect setting for sipping some wine.

Our wedding was everything I could have dreamed of and definitely lived up to our expectations! The day was just perfect and we'll never forget it. Erica, the event planner at the winery, was a tremendous help in planning out the day and in helping with the flow of events. The winery staff were always kind to us when we visited throughout the wedding planning process. And did I mention the wine is great?! Jonathan Edwards Winery will always be a special place in our hearts and we can't wait to return for future events.

Sent on 11/22/2011

Kate · Married on 09/06/2008

After looking for a unique and special venue where we could host our wedding, my fiance and I chose Jonathan Edwards because of its convenient location (midway between NYC and Boston) and gorgeous surroundings. The staff was such a pleasure to work with, and we will surely remain loyal customers of the winery now that our event is over. The venue is well-designed, well-kept, and provides a truly memorable spot for a one-of-a-kind event.

Sent on 09/30/2008
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 06/16/2012

3.0

As soon as we saw the winery, we knew this was where we would be getting married! The location is absolutely beautiful, and Erica from the winery was so helpful during all of our planning. I did take off 2 stars from value because of all the extra expenses required outside of the already high site fee. For example, we had to pay for our own restroom trailers, and it seems like that is something that could be provided by the winery. Other than that, we loved everything about this venue and our wedding day was perfect!

Sent on 07/05/2012