John Gandy Events Reviews

409 | Tallahassee, FL

409 Reviews for John Gandy Events

Loren · Married on 01/07/2017

John Gandy and his wonderful team were by far the best investment we made for our wedding. John, Janice, Troy, and Emily were consistently prompt and responsive in addressing our questions and concerns throughout the entire planning process. From day one, I felt confident in the JGE staff and in their ability to make our vision come to life. They exceeded every expectation & made our wedding better than anything we could have imaged. JGE allowed my husband and I to relax and truly relish in every moment of our day. This team took care of all the details both big and small, and were positive & helpful in every aspect. From the setup of our ceremony and reception spaces with beautifully tasteful decor, to keeping us on our timeline (and even being prepared with hand warmers for our cold January wedding), they are ready with anything that you could possibly need or want during your day. It is because of John Gandy and his team that our wedding day was spent making memories and enjoying our friends and family, rather than stressing over details. Our guests had nothing but compliments about how gorgeous our wedding was, and it is truly because of this incredibly thoughtful & hard-working team. Thank you John for being a dream to work with- we are so grateful!

Sent on 01/17/2017

Kelly · Married on 01/07/2017

John Gandy and his team is worth it! My wife and I literally did not have to lift a finger, all we had to do was focus on having the best day of our lives! I was against using him thinking we could do it ourselves... I am so happy my wife pulled rank and hired him! I can not thank him enough!

Sent on 01/10/2017

Maddy · Married on 12/31/2016

John Gandy and his team are absolutely amazing! From start to finish they are always there to answer questions and help in all aspects of planning! I don't know what I would've done without them on the day of as well! The details of our wedding were breathtaking and so amazing! I couldn't have asked for anything better! They turn a vision into reality!!

Sent on 01/02/2017

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! So sweet!

Dawn · Married on 12/22/2016

I have the privilege of seeing John Gandy's work at many weddings prior to booking him for my own, and knew that hiring him was a priority. I wanted my wedding to be elegant and effortless. I told him my general vision and expectations and left the rest completely up to him and his amazing team. My expectations were met and exceeded. My wedding was absolutely what I was hoping. My husband and our families were blown away by how beautiful and smooth everything was. If you're thinking about hiring John Gandy and his team, do it. You will not regret it.

Sent on 12/27/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved how everything came together, you and every detail was stunning!

John · Married on 12/22/2016

These guys are truly awesome. John and his team make an often stressful event happen seemlessly!

Sent on 01/03/2017

John and his team are such a joy to work with! They helped me create my dream wedding and worked with me throughout the year long process through every detail. Cannot recommend their services more highly!! If you want to feel like everything will be taken care of, John and his team will get you there. All our guests raved about what a perfect wedding it was! Let go and let Gandy!

Sent on 12/12/2016

Jeannette · Married on 11/19/2016

Book them. I cannot say enough about the quality of care and concern we received. This is a top notch organization. They pay attention to every detail and are extremely efficient. They just know what to do and how to do it. In addition to this, the staff is incredibly kind, sensitive, caring and move everything right along. As the mother of the bride, I had no responsibilities on the day of the wedding. Everything was taken care of and done beautifully. They were worth every penny we paid. I would highly recommend them for any event.

Sent on 12/08/2016
  • madeleine

Madeleine · Married on 11/05/2016

John Gandy Events made our day/weekend truly unbelievable. From the start of it all, to driving away in our getaway car, John understood my vision and turned it into a reality. You can't beat JGE's services. In the beginning, JGE gave us a list of suggested vendors. Once I had talked to and signed the vendors, JGE took over communication: where to be, when to be there, etc. Anytime I had a question, JGE was there to respond to my call/text/email.

In terms of the design- WOW. I knew what I wanted, but JGE took it to another level. When we walked into our reception, we were blown away. The access to his warehouse is something you can't beat. The lighting, decoration, everything was spectacular. It was above and beyond what I hoped for.

Something else you can't beat-- having his staff on site to usher you through the day! It's the little things that make it work! They steamed our dresses, brought us champagne from our bar, delivered gifts to the groomsmen and helped coordinate the smoothest ceremony. AND we were greeted with hors d'oeuvres and drinks immediately following the ceremony. Throughout the reception, JGE was there to help us with whatever we needed. They made sure we were fed (our party and family too) and stuck to the awesome timeline they'd created for our day.

On top of all of that, if anything went wrong that day, I never heard about it and neither did our guests! We truly were able to relax, enjoy our day, and celebrate being married!

Thanks JGE!

Sent on 11/11/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! You were so much fun and we loved creating a beautiful wedding that was uniquely you! Congratulations!

Cecilia · Married on 11/05/2016

If you ever wondered if it's worth it to hire a wedding planner, wonder no more. Not only does it relieve the stress of juggling vendors but you have access to a warehouse full of every accessory you ever dreamed of included in the package. Thanks John!

Sent on 11/13/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! Loved loved working with you all!

Carrie A. · Married on 10/29/2016

If you want your wedding to be absolutely fabulous and exquisite, unique to you and your partner, AND stay sane throughout the whole process, then look no further. John Gandy is the wedding planner of all wedding planners! He made our day absolutely stunning from start to finish, complete with a run through at the rehearsal with adorable timelines for the wedding party, fabulous furniture and decor for our reception that I was able to hand pick from his vast warehouse full of beautiful selections, and he and his staff consistently responded to my questions and concerns within minutes. I cannot say enough good things about John Gandy Events. His team was there from beginning to end the day of our wedding, I did not have to once guess when I should be ready or what to do - they took care of it all, made sure I always had a drink in my hand at the reception and made my and my grooms plates for us so we could enjoy our dinner, took care of the wedding party, and above all were courteous and professional at all times! John Gandy is worth every penny. My wedding was the absolute best and most gorgeous day of my life and I owe that to him and his team making it run so smoothly and designing the day to precisely fit my style! Brides to be in North Florida/South Georgia area - you will not regret using John Gandy as your wedding planner!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! Such a perfect day!

Lily · Married on 10/22/2016

John Gandy and his team were wonderful to work with. They know exactly what is needed for weddings and were on top of all the details for the day of coordination we hired them for. Their team was fun, personal, and made the wedding party and families very comfortable. Any requests were carried through immediately and there were absolutely no obstacles the couldn't overcome. They were a fabulous team and I recommend them strongly!

Sent on 08/17/2009

Jeanne · Married on 10/22/2016

Very impressed to meet John Gandy at our initial appointment even before we booked our wedding with their team. John was extremely easy to make future appointments with and all of the vendors he suggested, we ended up choosing. The ceremony and reception were absolutely gorgeous, not to mention how he nailed exactly what my daughter had envisioned. The details were incredibly intimate, down to the candles, printed dinner menus, all of the exceptionally beautiful furniture and accessories provided by John, to choose to your liking in his own personal warehouse. My daughter and I had so much fun picking out everything! John even personally asked me if he could get me or my husband a beverage while waiting for family pictures directly after the ceremony! Now that is what I call first class service! Also, John's team was at my daughter's side the entire day. His team even steamed the bridesmaids' dresses without us asking! Thank you John for making a very special day exceptional!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Jackie · Married on 09/24/2016

John Gandy and his team created a dream wedding for my daughter! The attention to detail is amazing, he was always two steps ahead of any questions I had. On my daughter's wedding day, I didn't have to do anything but enjoy it. John and his team coordinates all the vendors and they don't stop until everything is perfect! I would not have wanted to do this without them!

Sent on 09/27/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved working with you.

Anna · Married on 08/06/2016

John Gandy Events is the absolute best team to work with! They are always quick to answer any questions I had and provided sound advice. The day of the wedding was so easy I didn't have to worry or think about anything because I could trust the team to handle everything. The most fun I had planning the wedding was going to the warehouse as seeing all the options for furniture and decorations for the wedding! Definitely planning on using them again for an event or when my sister gets married.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Laura · Married on 08/06/2016

John and team made my daughter's wedding day beautiful and stress free!! Prior to the wedding he was quick to reply to questions and always on time for meetings. We were all able to enjoy the wedding because the John Gandy Team had it covered!! Can't recommend him highly enough!!

Sent on 08/21/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved working with you all and we are so thankful that we had a beautiful with no rain! Can't wait for photos!

Brittany · Married on 06/25/2016

John Gandy and his JGE team are so amazing there aren't enough worlds to describe how fabulous they are! They are a one stop shop! They plan, the decorate, they design, they have a warehouse full of furniture, decor, and lighting options for me to pick out the "look"of the wedding, which no other wedding planner I interviewed had this. They always got back to me immediately when I had any questions. JGE took care of everything and added special touches to my wedding that I didn't even know about! I loved being surprised and impressed at my own event! They are so great! I am still in shock with how gorgeous everything was! It surpassed my expectations and I am very picky when it comes to decor! I wanted a glam gorgeous wedding and they delivered! My wedding was in Key West and John and his whole team came down! It wasn't just one wedding planner over seeing my entire wedding there were several and they all had a purpose. It was so organized and thought out. They even deliverd all the chairs and decor in their huge moving truck all the way from Tallahassee, including my gorgeous dramatic tufted sweetheart chairman a huge dramatic good mirror! If your reading this and unsure who to go with trust me when I say John Gandy and his team will NOT disappoint! Only impress! Their simply the best!

Sent on 07/08/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We absolutely loved working with you and it was a blast! Again, Congratulations!

Hannah · Married on 06/04/2016

If you are on the fence or are even considering a wedding planner...John Gandy is it! Having John and his team was the best decision we made for our wedding! My husband and I planned our wedding from out of town and JGE made sure everything was perfect and put my mind at ease about vendors to work with and logistics for wedding weekend.
    I was able to walk into the venue before any of my guests got to the wedding and I was blown away by how beautiful it was. Something else I didn't realize would be so awesome was how John's team handled my wedding party and family on the day of. Once we arrived to the venue everything ran seamlessly, dresses steamed, champagne chilled, none of us had to worry about a thing because the team had already thought of it and made it happen before I even asked.
    I blame John and his team for my husband and I having the most fun day of our lives!

Sent on 06/17/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Ahhh thank you so much! Such a stunning wedding and you looked amazing! Loved working with you both!

T.r. · Married on 06/04/2016

John Gandy is the only wedding planner in Tallahassee to get. I remember fondly walking into our meeting with John Gandy and his team listening to Hannah wonder why we even needed a wedding planner and leaving saying we had to have John Gandy. She was right as always, our wedding day ran flawlessly and I can't imagine having a better or more enjoyable wedding day.

Sent on 06/21/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thanks great, thank you so much! We loved working with you both so much, what a beautiful wedding!

John is wonderful at listening to the client's vision. He is very creative and has excellent advise and suggestions for your wedding. He is very responsive to questions and his whole team works together to make the day very enjoyable.

Sent on 06/14/2016

Denna · Married on 05/29/2016

JGE is truly one of a kind. John and his staff were on top of all our needs and the decorations and atmosphere was exactly what my daughter wanted. John and his staff made sure that every part of my daughters wedding went off without a hitch. I will use him for any event I have in the future as well as refer him to any one that needs an event planner.

Sent on 05/31/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! We loved working with you all!

Chelsea · Married on 05/21/2016

John and his team were beyond wonderful with making our wedding day nothing short of beautiful and perfect.

Sent on 05/27/2016

Camille · Married on 05/15/2016

john Gandy and his team made my wedding day everything I dreamed it to be. Leading up to my wedding day, I was a full time student and a new mom living in Gainesville, trying to plan a wedding in Tallahassee. The process was so easy, and I knew everything would be great on my special day. My wedding was gorgeous, and I got so many compliments on how beautiful everything was. i not only loved working with John but his team is amazing as well. I felt so extremely special on my wedding day. I am so happy we chose John Gandy and his team to help design and make my wedding day everything and more.

Sent on 05/23/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Ahh thank you! We loved working with you and your Mother! Congratulations!

Katelyn · Married on 05/14/2016

I recommend using John Gandy events for your wedding. His team made our wedding a fairytale, I could not imagine planning a wedding without John and his team. They are amazing!

Sent on 06/02/2016

John Gandy Events's reply:

Thank you so much! Loved working with you both!

Karen · Married on 05/07/2016

John Gandy and his team are amazing. They are professional, knowledgeable and quick to respond to your needs. Through their guidance and expertise, we were able to pull off the perfect wedding. So pleased with JGE!

Sent on 05/18/2016

John Gandy and his crew of employees made our day and weeks leading up the wedding effortless. On wedding day we didn't have to make any decisions and were not contacted by any vendors about last minute details/issues. The whole wedding was seamless and went on without a hitch. Haley and Shannon, were a dream team! They were everywhere at once and knew exactly what to do and when to do it. Not once did the bride and groom go without a drink in their hands or food/cake on their plate. The set up, decorating and clean was completely taken care of, no details were spared and no stress was had by the bride, groom or parents. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect and carefree wedding day! HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TEAM!!!

Sent on 04/28/2016