John Summers Productions Reviews

29 | Okeana, OH

29 Reviews for John Summers Productions

Cristin · Married on 07/30/2016

I couldn't have asked for a better DJ! I went to three other weddings last summer and our DJ was our favorite. I talked to him twice on the phone, and we had a long call about the songs I wanted to hear and songs I didn't want to hear. Everything was great and he did the music for our ceremony too. He brought this amazing light that made the ceiling look like a night sky. I also liked how his speakers only play music pointed at the dance floor so that the music was loud on the dance floor but people sitting at the dinner tables could still talk to each other (one wedding we went to was deafening! We got many compliments from our guests about how they could talk to each other). The music he picked during dinner was great, and once the dancing started, he kept the party going! Also, his voice is amazing ;) I definitely recommend John Summers for your event's DJ!!

Sent on 12/30/2016

Rose · Married on 07/09/2016

AWESOME: THE MUSIC WAS JUST RIGHT, HE WORKED WITH US TO PLAY WHAT WE LIKED TO LISTEN TOO. HE ALSO MADE SURE THAT EVERYTHING WENT VERY SMOOTH. VERY PROFESSIONAL, AND I WILL MAKE SURE THAT I CALL THEM AT MY NEXT FUNCTION. THANK YOU SO MUCH .

Sent on 07/23/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/18/2015

Best dj ever! We had such a fun time dancing the night away! He really got the party going! His newlywed game is so much fun I suggest it for all couples!!

Sent on 07/27/2015

Kurt · Married on 07/03/2015

My husband and I appreciated his professionalism and experience. He kept our guests of all ages dancing and a great time was had by all! Even my husband's request for the Buster Poindexter song was honored, and sure enough, over half the guests joined a conga line.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Sandy · Married on 09/06/2014

John fantastic time at the Wedding. You always make it a fun evening and enjoyed seeing the people out on the dance floor. You keep it moving and don't need to worry as before you know it the 4 or so hours have slipped away. Thanks for doing this for us. The newlywed game as a riot I don't think I heard so much laughter out of a group when you did this.

Sent on 09/08/2014

Jen · Married on 10/11/2013

I can't say enough about John Summers Productions and John himself. He did an outstanding job at our wedding. He was very clear and concise with directions for us, helped guide us through the night and played the perfect mix of great music that kept people dancing all night. We could have all stayed out there on the dance floor for hours! Thank you John and I will definitely only be recommending John Summers Productions in the future!!!

Sent on 10/13/2013

Emily · Married on 09/07/2013

John did an excellent job at our wedding. He was very thorough in meeting with us ahead of time and finding out our preferences. We were appreciative of song selection and the volume level. He was also flexible with how late we would need him to stay. He was very professional and interacted with the crowd well. He was able to have a presence during announcements, but not make the day about himself. I've seen other DJs that try to take over, so it was a relief to work with a professional like John! We would highly recommend John for your wedding!

Sent on 12/23/2013

Marilyn · Married on 06/29/2013

John Summers was great!! He was professional and a delight to work with. John made the evening fun. He played music for both young and old. John guided the evening without controlling it. He established a great flow to the evening. John was receptive to our requests including playing the favorite songs of the flower girls and ring bearer. John has DJ'd for two of our daughters now and we will have him for our 3rd. in the future. We highly recommend Summers Productions.

Sent on 07/22/2013

John did a great job for our wedding! He did a good job of playing a good variety of music as we had a variety of ages at our wedding. He kept people out on the dance floor and really stuck to our do not play list (even when people tried to bribe him with money). He also stepped up and navigated and MC'd our reception from start to finish. He also did his Shoelywed game with us; we had a lot of fun doing in and guests got a good laugh out of it.

Sent on 06/26/2013

I cannot put enough stars on his page, he was fantastic. He tried so hard to get my anti social group up to dance and succeeded!!! He was very friendly with all! AND he was willing to change things last minute. John has the soft voice that is very calming to the crowd. the music selection was fantastic!!! He was wonderful all around!!

Sent on 01/01/2013

John did a GREAT Job. Everyone kept telling me how much fun they were having old and young.

Sent on 09/26/2012

Ginny · Married on 06/02/2012

We had a wonderful reception with John as DJ. The dance floor was always full. John plays a funny game with the Bride and Groom and shoes. You have to see it. Everyone came up to me and told me how much that liked that game. When they heard there was a game, they thought "Oh No" but they told me it was hilarious. The music was great. Sometimes I wonder at Becky and Chris' choice of songs, but they loved it. John moved the reception along very well - not rushed but not boring. Thanks, John

Sent on 06/07/2012

Laura · Married on 03/17/2012

John was fantastic. He really paid attention to the crowd and what got them up and dancing. The shoelywed game he played was great. The guests thought it was the coolest thing they had ever seen.

Sent on 03/31/2012

Lori · Married on 11/19/2011

John Summers was very professional at our reception. John has the perfect "dj/mc" voice. He was open to our ideas and requests. The "shoely" wed game was a big hit! The up-lighting looked great at our venue, Wunderland Banquet Hall. He also accommodated our special requests for the cocktail/dinner music.

Sent on 01/02/2012

Sharon · Married on 10/15/2011

John was great to work with. Betsy and Brian's reception moved along smoothly because of him. Everyone commented on how the music level was just right; not too soft or loud. He was able to get everyone out on the dance floor enjoying themselves. I would highly recommend John to anyone. He has a friendly and welcoming personality that puts you at ease from the beginning. He makes sure that he works in all the songs that you asked for. Thanks. Sharon

Sent on 10/28/2011

Ashley · Married on 08/21/2011

John was excellent in every sense of the word! He was a pleasure talking to on every occasion. Our conversation at a bridal show made me want to book him instantly. He was helpful and did a fantastic job at working in my song requests, while still playing to the crowd. A lot of the people at the reception came to me and said that this was the best reception they have been to in a long time! I'd say it is a smart choice to hire him for your wedding!

Sent on 09/13/2011

Christy · Married on 06/10/2011

John was wonderful to work with. I feel like John and I hit it off great as soon as we met. There were really bad storms during our wedding ceremony, and while driving to the reception everyone was keeping it a secret, but the power was out at our reception hall. As soon as our party bus pulled into the parking lot of the reception the power came back on. We found out that John set up all his equipment with a flashlight, but was still ready to go when we arrived. We got off the party bus just a few minutes later and John was greeting us at the door and ready to announce the wedding party like nothing had ever happened. John was wonderful and kept the music going and the wedding guests had a blast. It was a Friday night wedding and we had people on the dance floor until the very end of our 5 hour reception. I would recommend John Summers to any Bride and Groom looking for a wonderful, sweet, sincere DJ who really cares about your wedding reception. He did a wonderful job and we couldn't have been happier! John is someone we will keep in touch with throughout the years! GREAT JOB JOHN!

Sent on 06/14/2011

Breeze · Married on 08/07/2010

He was great to work with and provided a wounderful experience.

Sent on 09/29/2010
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 07/03/2010

John was a GREAT time! He did played fun and upbeat music to keep the crowd dancing. Everyone said the reception was a blast because of the DJ! John is also very easy going and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/10/2010

erin · Married on 05/15/2010

John Summers was great! He was the dj for most of the weddings in our families. He was easy to work with, prepared and professional. He kept the activities of the reception moving quickly to get our guests to the dance floor. He played great music and has a great voice. I higly recommend him!

Sent on 08/08/2010

Carrie · Married on 03/27/2010

I contacted John Summers just a few weeks before my wedding. Luckily one of his DJ's, Brian Helton, was available. Both men were easy to get in touch with and very easy to work with. They were professional and Brian did exactly what we asked for. No complaints!

Sent on 07/30/2010

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2007

John made our wedding reception amazing! He kept the party going and everyone had a blast... dancing the night away!

Sent on 10/20/2008

Jennifer · Married on 10/29/2005

John was easy to work with and made our reception awesome! He announced our bridal party, many with unusual names, with no errors. He kept a great flow going and we had plenty of time to dance. Everyone was out on the dance floor! We didn't want the night to end.

Sent on 12/05/2008

Connie · Married on 06/30/2012

We are happy that we used John Summers Productions. Our contact was professional, easy going, and willing to work with us on the personal family things we wanted done. My only complaint was that he played more "older" music then we would have liked-but when I went up and asked him to get more current dance songs on-he immediatly made the change and kept our reception dancing the rest of the evening.

Sent on 07/15/2012

Malia · Married on 01/15/2011

We loved John Summers! He did a great job as our DJ. Everyone was up and dancing and having a great time! He kept things moving on schedule and made sure everyone was having fun. We highly recommend John!

Sent on 02/06/2011