34 Reviews for John Sharpe Photography

34 John Sharpe Photography Reviews

John was amazing to work with. The entire night he made us feel so comfortable. He did an amazing job making sure to capture what we wanted for our wedding. john was so creative and we feel like he really made our photos unique to our wedding. I would highly recommend John for anyone's photo needs!

Profile Picture User4173114, 2+ years ago, 9 Reviews
Category: Photography

John Sharpe is an incredible photographer - we are so glad we chose him for our engagement and wedding photos. We had scheduled to meet with a few photographers but as soon as we met John, our first appointment, we knew he was right for us. John is very easy to talk with and put us at ease, which is really important when it comes to feeling comfortable in front of a camera. He is professional and prompt and all the business dealings went smoothly. His style is classic and timeless, and we found his prices to be very reasonable considering the quality of the photography and the whole experience. Because we had a winter wedding, we wanted to be sure to choose a photographer who was great with light and not afraid of being creative in different situations (snow, indoors, etc.). We chose to purchase one of his beautifully made albums, and we will treasure the pictures and the quality of the album our whole lives. John was perfect and I recommend him to everyone!

Profile Picture Kristin, 12/14/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Great photographer. The wedding party and family liked him as well. He was extremely professional, self-motivated, funny and talented. No regrets working with him.

Profile Picture User2907499, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

John was fantastic from beginning to end. He took the time to get to know us as a couple and went above and beyond when it came to service. Plus, the pictures turned out perfect! I cannot give a higher recommendation for John.

Profile Picture Erik, 7/13/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

John Sharpe is an amazing photographer! He absolutely made my wedding day come to life in the pictures! We had such a great time with him and I didn’t have to worry about a thing. I was confident he would capture the day and he definitely delivered. I would highly recommend him to capture your wedding memories!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 6/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Photography

My husband and I LOVE our wedding pictures by John Sharpe. We got married in December, so I was a little bit worried about the lighting, since the sun would set by 4:30 p.m. However, all my fears vanished when we selected John as our photographer. He is an EXPERT in lighting. Even thought it was freezing outside, John was brave enough to venture outside with us to snap some pictures. Our church photos are absolutely gorgeous as well. Despite the lack of natural light in the church, John was able to create soft, beautiful light for our pictures. We will cherish them forever! Additionally, he was so easy to work with. My husband and I appreciated that he provided us with some guidance on how to pose in the pictures. For example, he would gently direct us to put our hand on our hip, move forward, etc. These suggestions were so helpful, because our pictures look beautiful and so natural! We are so impressed with his services and would HIGHLY recommend him to our friends, family and any bride getting married!

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 12/31/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

John was amazing throughout the whole wedding planning process, as well as on the day of. As soon as we sat down with John, we knew that he was the right guy for us - a fun guy with a great eye for photos. We looked through his portfolio and loved him more with every turn of the pages.
He was also great at maintaining contact as we planned for our wedding. He even sent us a nice surprise package as the wedding day got closer.
The day of the wedding was perfect, and he thought through every detail - down to bringing hand warmers for us to have during some of our outside shots that were a little bit chilly. He was flexible and willing to be around for various pictures we wanted. AND, he surprised us again with something fun at the reception!
John Sharpe is worth every penny!

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/3/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our photos were absolutely amazing! I would strongly recommend John's services to anyone looking for an amazing photographer. My wife and I are very pleased. We live about 6 hours away from John yet he would respond quickly and was very efficient. John wasn't afraid to say if he didn't like how a photo turned out and take the shot again to get it perfect. The proofed pictures were stunning and came all wrapped up in a beautiful keepsake tin with everything included. We also had out pictures on his blog which out friends and family got to see very quickly. Thank you so much!! We really love them!

Profile Picture Chris, 11/1/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

If you want unique and truly astonishing photos, you MUST go with John Sharpe!! We looked at hundreds of wedding photographers' websites, but we kept coming back to his photos. He definitely has an original style.

Our wedding was at the Calhoun Beach Club, and we knew John would be the best person to bring out the elegance and simplicity of our wedding at this location. John was able to capture the most grandiose moments of our wedding beautifully, but more impressively, he was able to capture those subtle and fleeting details that you end up missing or forgetting about because the day goes by so fast. John was friendly, professional and calm, even when we were not able to stick to our pre-made schedule. The value and quality of his photos are incomparable. We are very happy to recommend John!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/26/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

When we got engaged, one of the first things my husband and I went looking for was a photographer. John Sharpe's was the first website we looked at, and we kept comparing everybody else's work to his until we finally decided that he'd set the bar so high it was impossible to find anybody whose work we liked better.

We are so glad we worked with John - he is incredibly talented and very professional. He was flexible and game for whatever we decided to do when we had rain on our (outdoor) wedding day. We have so many beautiful pictures of ourselves, our guests, and the ceremony in the light summer drizzle. We've gotten nothing but glowing compliments from our family and friends about our wedding photos!

Profile Picture Meghan, 8/25/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Our pictures were AMAZING!! We stretched the budget, but the results were well worth it. John was very personable, professional, and was overall very helpful throughout the whole process.

Profile Picture User3172799, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John Sharpe Photography is one of the most artistic and amazing talents I have seen in awhile. Not only did my husband and I get to spend our wedding day with him, we have AMAZING photos and an album that would make anyone drool! John is classy, refined and fun all rolled into one. I plan on using him for all my future photo plans. Not only do I look at our wedding photos daily I utterly stalk his blog daily to see his talent develop. You will not be disappointed. All our love John!

Profile Picture Kiley, 3/17/12, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are thrilled with our photographs from our wedding, thanks in full to John Sharpe Photography. He was extremely professional and showed nothing but respect to us and our guests. He arrived early, worked nonstop throughout the day, and left after we left. His pictures are perfect; the extreme attention to detail and his amazing ability to translate his ideas into photographs made my day perfect. The wedding album he created for us is gorgeous. We LOVE John Sharpe Photography and would recommend him to anyone and everyone who needs a talented, professional, and artistic photographer for any event!

Profile Picture Dara, 10/15/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so glad that we chose John Sharpe Photography for our wedding. We absolutely love our pictures, and we really feel like John captured the feeling of the day and our personalities, not just photos. He was also great to work with and extremely patient and respectful with our families. Our wedding was a little different in that we had the ceremony and reception a few weeks apart, but John was very flexible and accommodating. I think the most telling thing is that, four months later, my husband and I are still getting gushing comments from friends and family about our pictures - even from other professional photographers!

Profile Picture Dana, 10/14/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John was a WONDERFUL photographer. We felt at ease and he was able to pose us in natural looking poses. :) He threw in a free engagement session for deciding to book with him within 24 hours which was great because we got to know each and felt that much more comfortable on the wedding day itself. He has an excellent knowledge of lighting which is critical for gorgeous photos. He captured many wonderful moments that I never would have thought to ask him to capture, but he found them. He has great equipment and was able to capture great photos even in low light settings (candlelight). I would definitely refer him to anyone.

Profile Picture Esther, 10/1/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

John did a beautiful job on our photos. It was completely worth all of the money. John did a great job incorporating our personalities into the photos. John is a great photographer and made the process a lot of fun! I am not a huge fan of posing for pictures, but John coached us well and everything turned out great!

We just received our album, and it was so beautiful. We got copies for each of our parents and it is one of the best gifts we could have ever gotten them. My mom started crying!

Profile Picture m, 6/26/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John is an absolutely amazing photographer! He did our engagement photos and wedding photos and we were so pleased with them! He does a fantastic job of finding situations and poses that not only look natural, and bring out the best in the couple, but are also unique and fun. He is so easy to work with and can make any couple feel comfortable during their session. Everything John does, he does to 110%! We never cease to get comment after comment on all the pictures that John has done for us. Everyone we talk to wants to know “Who is your photographer?!” I recommend John to anyone and everyone that needs an amazing photographer, breathtaking photos, and artistic, professional results. Not only that, but John is continually improving his work and adding new and exciting things to his photography packages so every customer gets more for their money than they would ever imagine. We loved everything John did for us and I can’t wait to find a reason to book him again!

Profile Picture Renee, 6/24/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John Sharpe did a fabulous job for our wedding! He went above and beyond to make our day special and unique to us. As the bride, I wanted everything perfect and had specific shots and angles- he met every need and beyond! Our wedding album came in a great timely fashion and was beautiful!

Profile Picture Kyla, 6/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John Sharpe Photography gave my husband and I beautiful memories we will cherish forever. From our first appointment, we knew John would be the perfect photographer for us. His previous work and great reviews matched our style in every way. We are not a traditional "Stand in a Line and Smile" photograph couple, but we knew we needed some traditional photos for relatives. He did a wonderful job of balancing our photo shoot to get the best of both worlds.

Another great thing about John is that he is very personable, friendly and funny. He kept things moving and entertaining- our wedding party laughed all day.

John captured the essence of our special day; not only do the photos look like artwork, but they are full of feeling. We will definitely use John Sharpe Photography again!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/6/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John was an excellent photographer. He took our engagement and wedding photos, and we were extremely pleased with the results. All of our friends and family members commented on the high quality and quantity of photos, and many people who didn't even attend our wedding complimented us on how beautifully our photos turned out. John is talented, creative, understanding, and accommodating, and I would highly recommend him for any occasion!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I believe John is one of the best photographers in the country. His use of light is breathtaking! Even better, he offers great direction to help get you into just the right poses, and he snaps a LOT of pictures. We received five times as many photos as some of our friends, and this is important because you do NOT get a do-over if you don't get the shots you want! Plus, my friends who used other photographers ended up feeling like they received no direction during their shoots, and their pictures came back looking awkward. The professionalism is as much in the placement and posing as in the camera settings. John made us look good. Really good.

If money is an issue, skimp other places, but make sure you can get the best photographer you can afford. This has proved to be 100% true for my wife and I, and we absolutely love the pictures we received. Go look at John Sharpe's blog, and look at the blogs of the competition. In my mind, the difference in quality is obvious--the pictures speak for themselves. Don't get caught with mediocre pictures, or too few pictures, of your big day!

Profile Picture Tobin, 9/18/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We had the perfect experience with John Sharpe! He was professional, fun and very easy to work with - even if you don't like taking pictures.
We are very happy with the moments John captured on our wedding day and we would recommend his services to anyone looking for outstanding pictures from a professional, yet fun, photographer.

Profile Picture Jeremy, 8/28/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

We are so happy that we chose John as our wedding photographer and would recommend him to anyone and everyone. John was great to work with both while planning the wedding and on the wedding day. We had friends and family who hate taking pictures but had a blast working with John. Everyone has raved about our wedding photos and we couldn't be happier with them!

Profile Picture Bri, 8/14/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John is a very talented photographer and I believe that he truly loves his job as a wedding photographer. Everyone at our wedding loved him - the bridal party, parents, family, friends. He was very professional, easy to get along with, full of energy and creative ideas, flexible when I changed my mind 100 times and was willing to customize the photography packages for us. We were very impressed with his professionalism during the wedding day and with the final product when we received our album. We also really appreciated that he had a sample of our pictures posted on his website just a few days after the wedding.

Profile Picture Adrienne, 7/24/10, 1 Review
Category: Photography

John is a true artist, extremely professional, and overall a great guy to work with. Thanks to his expert eye and tireless work, we have these amazing images from our wedding that everyone is crazy about and we will treasure forever.
We could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding.

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/12/10, 1 Review