John Serock Catering Reviews

John Serock Catering 4
John Serock Catering 5
John Serock Catering 6
John Serock Catering 7

John and his team went above and beyond for our wedding. From the moment I arrived at my location, every staff member greeted me with smiles and introduced themselves, were very responsive to last minute changes and graciously assisted every guest at our event. Even our other vendors comment on the exceptional staff with John Serock Catering. From planning to execution to clean up, this caterer is a rock star!!.. and don't worry, the food is fabulous too!

Sent on 05/01/2014

I would highly recommend John Serock Catering to anyone with a wedding reception or other event. It was a smooth planning process leading up to the event. At the reception the staff was efficient, professional, and worked well with the staff at the event location. The food presentation was great. My husband and I have received numerous comments from our guests about how good the appetizers and meal were.

Sent on 10/23/2013

Cassidy · Married on 10/12/2013

OUTSTANDING customer service and DELICIOUS food! These two brothers know what they are doing in this business!

When I was searching for a caterer for our wedding I was looking for a company that stood out and had an edge above the other wedding caterers I've researched and I instantly found it through John Serock Catering. We met with John and he totally was professional, friendly, down to earth and excited about his company and meeting with us. John spoke about his company philosophy while we sampled their delicious food; we were hooked, we knew right then and there this company was going to caterer our big day! Over the months, we created our menu, talked about logistics of the wedding day, visited our wedding site together and narrowed down every last detail. Our final meet was with both, John and Jay, and they went over again everything about the day to make us feel comfortable and confident. These guys are honestly so easy to work with, fun and you can tell they are passionate about what they do - that truly shines through.

Our wedding day was PERFECT! I know that is so cliche so say, but it's true and John Serock Catering was a HUGE part of this!! Our vision actually become our reality! I cannot say enough good things about this company; they truly went above and beyond! The food was fresh and tasty and honestly the best wedding food I have ever had. The staff was EXTRAORDINARY! They were SO attentive, lively and accommodating. So many guests were raving about the experience days after the wedding was over! John and Jay really have a unique company that supports your vision while adding a unique edge to it. We could not be happier with who we've selected - I absolutely recommend them! You will be WOWED!

Sent on 10/22/2013

Courtney · Married on 09/21/2013

John Serock Catering went completely above and beyond our expectations. His staff was professional and courteous from the minute we walked into the door, constantly serving every need we could have ever asked for. At first we were a bit nervous about having an outside caterer come into a well-known and respected country club (Talamore CC) with an established staff. However, as the night went on all we heard were complements from the Talamore staff about how well the Serock team worked and how respectful they were. This put both of us at ease to know that the true professionalism of John Serock catering is not only filtered down from John himself to his entire staff, but after you try the food - very well worth it!

In addition John Serock and his staff treated all of our guests with the same respect and professionalism as well the entire night. The staffs experience, expertise, and professionalism in both food preparation and client interaction are a unique combination that is difficult to find in today’s catering world! Our wedding day was a huge success in large part because of John Serocks ability to handle large events very smoothly, without skimping out on any details. Overall, John Serocks staff was on time, had beautiful food preparation, and delivered amazing food quality! We will always recommend John Serock Catering for any event, and we honestly could not have been more satisfied with everything!

Thanks from the bottom of our heats to the John Serock team for helping make our wedding day as memorable, and happy as possible!

Mike and Courtney G

Sent on 11/01/2013

Catherine · Married on 09/01/2013

John and all his staff were absolutely wonderful. They really helped make our wedding a huge success. All of our guest raved about the food and many told us they never had such good food at a wedding. And I completely agree. The food was delicious and the menu was exactly as my husband and I pictured it. Everyone was amazing and they went beyond our expectations every time. They were professional and helpful and they truly made our wedding day perfect for us. I highly recommend John Serock Catering to anyone planing an event.

Sent on 09/25/2013

Marjorie · Married on 08/31/2013

As soon as my daughter got engaged she and her fiancée mentioned John Serock Catering was a top choice for them. They had been to another wedding a couple years before and were really impressed with his food and services.
    After speaking to a number of other caterers and getting detailed quotes and not being satisfied or impressed, we met with John Serock personally.
    meeting with him, it was immediately apparent he was a great fit. He was personable, yet professional and knowledgeable.
    He brought up many things we needed to consider and offered many great options.
    The day of was fabulous. John went above and beyond in service, quality and value. His captain; Nina was wonderful along with the rest of the staff.
    We were really so impressed, delighted and thankful we selected Serock Catering for our daughter's wedding. We have heard nothing but rave remarks from our guests who came from all over the country to attend.
    We would highly recommend their services for any event. Their personalized service and attention to detail are top notch.
    To your continued success,
    Marjorie Mundy and family
    August 31, 2013

Sent on 09/18/2013

A. · Married on 07/06/2013

We would recommend John Serock Catering to anyone as a spectacular catering vendor, --meeting or surpassing all of our needs for our daughter's wedding. We did not have the budget for a separate wedding planner, but my daughter and I felt at ease early on because John and our venue's coordinator worked hand-in-hand to provide the scheduling, coordination and attention to every detail that was needed. They thought of things we hadn't, and they liaised with our florist, baker and deejay. John Serock's level of coordination took the responsibility for the reception's staging and timetable off our shoulders, allowing us to relax at the reception, and to focus on greeting and circulating among our guests, and enjoying the happy couple and their big night. Food, layout, presentation and service were excellent.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Carolyn · Married on 07/06/2013

John and his team were outstanding throughout the entire wedding planning process. I would hire his team again for the food alone, which was absolutely spectacular (I can't say enough good things about it), but it was the service, professionalism, and personal touches that really made them stand out. John was incredibly professional, giving fantastic advice based on his many years of experience while listening to our input and incorporating our ideas as well. He also acted as our de facto day-of wedding coordinator at our reception, recommending the schedule of events that made the most sense and working with the venue to ensure everything went seamlessly. John even gave us restaurant recommendations for our honeymoon location! He and his entire team really went above and beyond, and I would (and will) recommend them in a heartbeat.

Sent on 06/05/2014

David · Married on 06/29/2013

John Serock Catering provides an exceptional value. His staff is well trained and informed. The food selections are amazing. Our wedding guests all complimented us on the quality of the food and the professional nature of his staff from appetizers through desserts. This caterer took our event from great to outstanding!

To add to the event, John is on location. He does not send out an assistant in his place. This was not the case with other caterers we interviewed. He checked in with me, the father of the bride, throughout the event to coordinate and make certain every thing was up to our expectations. My response was "no, you have exceeded them in every way!"

Sent on 07/02/2013

Mike · Married on 06/29/2013

The food was fantastic, the service staff was professional and courteous. John told the bride and groom to enjoy their day, he would handle everything else, coordinating with the band and the planner. He did and the families and the bride and groom heard nothing but rave reviews. Most highly recommended

Sent on 07/03/2013

Debbie · Married on 06/22/2013

John Serock was amazing everything went wonderful at my daughters wedding Thanks to all their organized and efficient keeping us on a schedule so everything went so well!! My daughters wedding was an outside wedding and the tent looked fantastic and all of John's other recommended vendors were all excellent as well
    I would recommend this John Serocks catering to any of my family and friends. Food was delicious , servers were friendly and pleasant. All my guests said how wonderful everything was and what a beautiful wedding! It was exactly what my daughter and her husband wanted it to go John added the perfect details!

Sent on 07/03/2013

Graham · Married on 06/22/2013

Everything was perfect! Jay and John Serock are fantastic to work with and they have an top-notch, courteous and professional staff working for them. The food is excellent -many of our guests made a point to tell my wife and I how impressed they were with the food. Serock catering was an integral part in our perfect wedding day!

Sent on 07/10/2013

Kenneth · Married on 06/08/2013

We used Serock Catering for my daughter’s outdoor wedding. John and his staff exceeded all of our expectations. When John and his team arrived at the venue, they immediately took control, setting up the tables and chairs as well as ensuring the table settings, with the center pieces we provided, were setup to our expectations. John coordinated directly with the DJ and venue staff to ensure everything went smoothly. The event, both the wedding and reception, were outdoors – adding to the complexity of the setup. John and his staff stepped up to the challenge and hustled the entire evening to ensure the success of the event. The food was excellent! All of our guests were served in a timely fashion and everyone praised the hors d'oeuvres, the main course, and the professionalism of John’s staff. My husband and I could not be more satisfied. We cannot compliment John and his staff enough and we highly recommend Serock Catering for any event you might be planning.

Sent on 06/19/2013

Judy · Married on 05/26/2013

John Serock Catering exceeded all our expectations! Of course, he himself set the those expectations high when we first met with him, and we realized that we were getting not only a caterer but also a wedding planner. He knew everything we needed to know about the order of things--first dance, toasts, etc.--and he guided us through the entire event. He also was a virtual "traffic controller" with the other wedding vendors. John asked for the email addresses of the photographer, cake person,and DJ, and coordinated everything with them. As to the food, we had a "tasting" with him early on, and that convinced us that we wanted him as a caterer--everything was delicious. All our guests felt the same way about the food and commented to that effect. We would use John Serock Catering again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/06/2013

Jan · Married on 05/25/2013

Serock Catering catered my daughter's wedding. We could not have been more happy with the food and service. From the moment you start planning you start to feel a little nervous about all the arrangements, but John makes you feel like he has all this in control - and he does/did! On the day of the wedding there is so much going on. John showed up with what seemed like an army to help and I thought oh my goodness where are all these people going to go but they were directed by John as to their duties and they seemed to disappear in our crowd while performing all their duties effortlessly and without issue. John and his staff directed the entire event and made all of us feel at ease. The food was AMAZING! We had a "station" reception. All our guests keep telling me what an wonderful wedding we had and how wonderful the food was! It is a great thing when your guests leave with an impression like that. We would highly recommend Serock Catering to anyone and just wish we weren't from out of town so he could help with our next daughter's wedding! Thanks for all you did, John!

Sent on 06/10/2013

Susan · Married on 05/04/2013

John was the nicest, most responsive person you could hope to work with while planning your wedding. John was very creative in his menu selections and offered gourmet food prepared and served in attractive and innovative ways. His food was delicious, healthy, colorful, and plentiful. The hors d'oeuvres were original and many guests were asking us to get them recipes! The dinner choices were many and John even came up with some new ones at the tasting. John was flexible and sensitive to the needs of our gluten-free guests and others with special dietary needs. As our timing got a bit off because of delays with a large bridal party, John kept the food warm and worked with our band to stall. The entrees were tasty and the dessert table was tops. The service was professional and all attending were very pleased!

Sent on 05/08/2013

Meredith · Married on 05/04/2013

John and his staff went above and beyond to help make our wedding as wonderful as possible. The food quantity, quality and value were top notch. We even had some established restaurateurs and self-proclaimed foodies at our event that were raving about the spread.

John Serock Catering provides hands on service that separates their business from the other caterers in the industry. The caterers also set up the tables, napkins, flowers, candles and other decorations to make our vision come to life perfectly.

John (president of John Serock Catering) was present during the entire planning process as well as the actual reception to ensure everything went smoothly. John is professional, down to earth, responsive, flexible and incredible to work. He and his staff attended to our every need. They helped solve the last minute dilemmas that are inevitable when hosting a large event. John personally followed up with my husband and I the week after the wedding requesting feedback and thanking us for using his company.

John Serock Catering provided us with a wonderful overall experience. We plan to use their services in the future and highly recommend them to anyone looking to host an unforgettable event.

Sent on 05/08/2013
  • I

Ivonne · Married on 03/09/2013

John and his team were marvelous to work with. From our initial meeting to the day of the wedding they were always responsive and great to work with. The food presentation was amazing, the serving staff very attentive, and all of our guests raved about how good the food was. The "captain" who was assigned to take care of us seemed to always be there right when we needed her, asking if we had enough food or drinks. Since we were too busy to eat much for most of the night, we were thrilled to find that they had prepared a take-home box sampler of that night's food for us to snack on at the end of the night. We would highly recommend John and his staff!

Sent on 04/24/2013

Bryant and Kathleen · Married on 11/17/2012

Words cannot describe how thrilled we were with the superb food and service provided by John Serock Catering. Still, a few key points:
    Every aspect of the reception was truly sensational. Our guests were amazed during the cocktail hour that every time they turned around they were being offered a different hors d'oeuvre, and the food and presentation of the buffet dinner exceeded (our very high!) expectations. From start to finish, John Serock went above and beyond to make the reception a culinary extravaganza---and,in my opinion (and, I paid the bill!) at a truly "value-packed" price.
    We "hosted" two previous wedding receptions with different caterers that our guests truly enjoyed---but they didn't come close to the "five-star" effort John Serock and staff provided that earned the raves of our guests (and us!)!! Thank you, John --all three of our daughters are now married, but I am trying to think of a reason (I'll come up with something) to have you cater another event for us!

Sent on 12/20/2012

Jeanann · Married on 10/13/2012

My husband and I cannot thank John, Jay and the entire Serock catering family enough for the incredible experience they provided us and our 150 guests on our wedding night. From the first tasting - more like a Thanksgiving feast - to the final seconds of our night handing out late-night cheesesteaks to our guests, the Serock team provided unparalleled service, support, professionalism, preparedness & excitement. Our guests RAVED about the quality (and amount!) of food, in fact, 3 mos later we're still hearing stories of how many oysters our friends put away during cocktail hr (I was eating them faster than he was shucking them!, I must've had 3 dozen) Serock provided more than just catering services, they were like wedding planners; understanding & sharing our vision of the night, listening to all of our ideas, consulting on the type and amount of food (actually advised us to scale BACK on the quantity of food) and mapping out the entire night, min by min, instilling complete confidence that they were in full control of the process. Every guest was treated like gold, never without food/drink in hand, and the Serock staff moved effortlessly through the venue ensuring my husband and I were always well attended to and the flow of the evening was seamless. Jay lead the charge that night as John had a wedding in the boro of West Chester. We didn't expect to see John but as I walked into the hotel at midnight, there was John running across the street from the other wedding just to get in a quick hello and congrats! If you're looking for a catering company that is fully invested in your special day, honest, hard working, experienced, flexible, accessible and fun, you will love John Serock Catering. They're great guys that love what they do and we couldn't have asked for a better experience. Thank you John, Jay and the entire Serock team for making our special day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 12/13/2012

Diana · Married on 09/28/2012

I don't know where I would have been without John Serock Catering. I decided that I wanted to plan my wedding all by myself. I was far from qualified and completely in over my head. Thank goodness for John and his team. I felt like I got catering and wedding planning in one. John had the most amazing visions and helped me plan my big day. He was there for me every step of the wedding. The wedding was a HUGE hit, all thanks to John Serock Catering. People are still talking about the great setup at the wedding (all John's doing) and the AMAZING food. This was by far the best catering experience I have ever had. I highly recommend John Serock Catering for not only your wedding but for any of your catering needs.

Sent on 12/04/2012

HANNAH · Married on 09/22/2012

Honestly have nothing negative to say about John Serock Catering! The team was wonderful at my wedding. And the prep time before the wedding was a breeze! John was available for all of my questions and concerns and responded almost immediately. The food is TOP notch - better than most weddings I have been to. The guests were very impressed with the food as were the bride and groom! Overall a wonderful experience.

Sent on 11/29/2012

Leslie · Married on 09/22/2012

Throughout the entire process, we were impressed. From introduction to John, the menu creation and tasting, the organizational skills, right to the wedding day - setup, event, take-down - all first rate. John always kept us in the know, without concerns.

The staff was great. Very attentive to us and the guests. Very effective throughout the event (cocktails and hors d' oeuvres on the patio, the bar, the meal), all flowed effortlessly. We received many positive comments from family and guests.

The food, which is probably the keynote element here, was absolutely great. Easily as good as the tasting meal, and portioned perfectly. Raves everywhere! Without exaggerating, we have not had better wedding food, period.

I would be pleased to offer input to any future client. The "feel and relationship" surrounding our daughter's wedding, as created by John and his staff, could not have been better.

Sent on 11/30/2012

Stephanie · Married on 08/10/2012

We could not have been happier with everything about the service provided. John was pleasant, helpful and willing to work around our somewhat difficult schedules, We feel he went out of the way to make sure that Shannon and Travis' wedding was everything they wanted. We have received raves from our guest on the food, especially the apetizers!

Sent on 08/31/2012

Stefanie · Married on 07/13/2012

John Serock and his catering staff were all so professional and kind on the day of my wedding. Everyone of them worked as if they were serving the President; with great mannerism, excellent skill, and joyful spirits. John Serock is such a GREAT person to know. He was very thorough in doing everything he said he would do as far as setting the tables at the reception, providing table signs and most important, providing the best food ever!!! We can honestly say we truly enjoyed John Serock Catering and the wonderful staff. We would gladly recommend John Sercock Catering with no hesitation. Excellent job!

Mr. & Mrs. Joshua White