135 Reviews for John Serock Catering

Seafood (1)
Southern (1)
Southwestern (1)
133 John Serock Catering Reviews

Huge shout out to Rachael and the rest of the crew at John Serock. They made our day perfect! From setting up and taking down my crazy centerpieces to the absolutely amazing food they were truly what brought the whole event together. My guests could not stop talking about how wonderful everything was! The Charcuterie table is a must have. They even made the sangria I was using as a signature cocktail for me!

Profile Picture Coleen, 10/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Choosing John Serock catering was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! I was initially skepital of the price, but after hearing about all the things they take care of on the big day, I found the price to be very reasonable. They took responsibilty for set up and cleanup, but we had special requests for the setup and they helped out with that too. They had a good variety of linens and dinnerware to choose from for setup. We were able to bring our own alcohol to save money, but they provided all the mixers and bartenders. But of course the most important thing is the food, and we got rave reviews for both the appetizers and the main entrees from our guests. We chose a buffet setup, and there was plenty of food and variety to account for all our guests dietary needs. During the wedding, their staff were everywhere without being intrusive or noticeable. We met with our event coordinator early to choose everything and a week before the ceremony to make a final run through of the event. They also gave us online access to "Allseated" so we could arrange how we wanted the tables and choose our seating arrangement. Their package even included money for a cake from Master's Baker which also gave us lots of options to create what we wanted.

Photo for John Serock Catering Review - The reception hall
Photo for John Serock Catering Review - Sweetheart table
Profile Picture Sagar, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

From the tasting, we know the food was going to be good, but it was even better at the wedding itself! Everyone was raving, especially about the cowboy steak. They provided just the atmosphere we were looking for, and Cassidy was great from start to finish. I never stressed too much during the whole process knowing she had it under control.

Profile Picture e, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Serock Catering was an absolute dream to work with! Cassidy was amazing to work with from start to finish. She made the booking, tasting, coordinating and the day of a breeze. She made everything as stress free as possible. The food was delicious, and the presentation was wonderful. They even packed up a ton of food for us to take with us at the end of the night! The Serock staff and servers went above and beyond for us and our guests. We had a bridal attendant who was absolutely amazing and was always there throughout the night to get me and my husband whatever we needed. All of our expectations were not only met, but exceeded.

Profile Picture Alyssa, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Amazing experience from start to finish!

Profile Picture Kelly, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

AMAZING!!! Look no further, John Serock Catering will make your wedding dreams come true. From the moment we met John and his team at our tasting to our actual wedding day we were beyond impressed. He listened to all of our ideas and even made my dream of a mac and cheese bar come to life. Our guest are still commenting about how amazing the food was. We can't thank them enough for all of their guidance and kindness.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Delicious food and fantastic customer service! Cassidy was caring, responsive, and really great throughout the entire wedding process. Our wedding day would not have been anywhere close to as perfect as it was without John Serock Catering! Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Reggie, 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Amazing, impressive, and spectacular are just a few words to describe John Serock and crew of servers, bartenders, and chefs. From the beginning, John has made everything easy and accommodating. On the day of the wedding John coordinated gracefully with everyone from my wedding coordinator to the photographer to the DJ. And OMG the food. People are still talking about it two weeks post wedding. Everyone complimented on how the braised short rib was cooked to perfection that you didn't need a knife to eat it. As the bride, the day flew by, but John assigned my husband and I our own server to ensure we always had a beverage and enjoyed some of our appetizers. So a special thanks to Cameron for keeping us fed and drinks in hand. Then to top off the night, I was surprised by John and my parents with a birthday cake to celebrate my 30th birthday which was the following day. I highly recommend John Serock to everyone that would like a worry free day and the most delicious food. Thank you is just not enough.

Profile Picture Danielle, 9/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Vegetarian, Bartender(s), Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Local

I don't know where to begin to tell you how much we appreciated working with you to make the day very special for Alyson and Jeff. You were all so accommodating, kind, attentive, friendly, and so very, very helpful. The wedding was perfect, and part of the reason that it was perfect was because of you and your lovely staff! The bridal party is still talking about having their own server to ensure they were kept happy with food and drinks during the post ceremony photo shoot!

ALL of our guests raved about their meal and mentioned how lovely everything was presented. Everyone said that it was the best food that they have ever had at a wedding! From the tasty and elegant hors d'oeuvres, to the incredible dinner and finally the fabulous sweet table and delicious wedding cake, we couldn't have asked for anything better! Even now, four weeks later I am still getting messages about the exceptional service and food.

We so appreciated your attention to everything, and we felt very safe in your hands! We will never forget this special event in our lives and you helped make it that way! We would highly recommend Serock Catering and you, Cassidy, to anyone planning a wedding or special event. It honestly could not have been better!

Thank you so much for everything !

Profile Picture paul, 9/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Cassidy and Serock Catering was amazing for my wedding this past weekend. Cassidy always returned my emails very quickly and was always so helpful with all of my questions. She was very accommodating with all of our requests. Everyone raved about the food and the service they offered. Their sweets table was also delicious! They were also the best value in the area! I'd highly recommend them to anyone who is looking to make their wedding day perfect!

Profile Picture amanda, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Vegan, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Chairs, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s)

My husband and I hosted a clambake rehearsal dinner. Each and every item on our menu was tops---from the cornbread to the crabs and fried chicken and dessert buffet. He also easily accommodated dietary restrictions with tasty choices. (I am very fussy about cole slaw, and his was by far the best in the region.). He planned the table placement and set up. He managed the table and chair rentals so we only had to show up. John Serock stayed on site for our event, adjusting timing of courses as our event progressed. Containers were provided so our guests could take leftovers. If you are thinking of planning an event, start by calling John Serock. You, and your guests, will be glad you did.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Event Rentals & Photobooths

Menu was spot on with my vision, food was delicious, John and his team are amazing to work with and very helpful in addressing all of the random things that come up when wedding planning. They are the full service deal! I could not recommend enough!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

We LOVED our wedding caterer. The price was amazing for what you get, and people RAVED about our food. WE did a stations type set-up and the most common comments I heard were about how fresh the food was, how great it tasted, and how impressed they were that this food was from a "buffet" style of catering. I wish I was able to try more food, but everyone loved it, and went back for more and more. They also accommodated our vegan guests and made sure they did everything they could to provide great food for all lifestyles.

Profile Picture Victoria, 9/15/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegan, Vegetarian, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, American, Caribbean, Mexican, Seafood, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

We hired Serock for a backyard wedding with around 100 people. We worked with Rachael Shellabear, she was fantastic and accommodating, really went above and beyond. It was almost like getting a wedding planner, she hooked us up with a tent company and a series of other event professionals, she has a good network. It poured rain at our event, she handled it with aplomb and it was a triumph, a really great night. The food was excellent, we had a buffet but it tasted like each plate was cooked individually. Serock's provided deserts were so good they competed with the wedding cake and probably won. The staff were really top notch, constantly checking in on everyone, not just us, but everyone. Rachael even helped the other companies we hired (DJ, Photo Booth) with their setups. In short, this company goes above and beyond, you will not be disappointed if you hire them. Thanks again for a great night!

Profile Picture brendan, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Working with Serock Catering was incredible! The planning process was seamless, and the whole wedding day went according to plan. From the pre-wedding day coordination to the placement of our décor, I knew that we were in good hands with Serock Catering. I was able to reach out to Cassidy whenever I had questions, and she was always very prompt and helpful with her responses (not to mention so sweet and truly pleasant to work with!). The staff was extremely professional and attentive. Several guests and family members have since made remarks about how our food was the best that they have had. My husband's grandfather (who has been to 10+ grandchildren's weddings) said that ours was his favorite yet! The whole day was flawless on their part. We are beyond pleased with our choice of caterer!

Profile Picture Kristy, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

My experience was absolutely painless and a great one . Cassidy is an absolute pleasure and kept me calm through our the entire process. John was so nice to stop in the middle of our food tasting to make sure all was well. I would definitely recommend John Serock Catering to everyone. The food was delicious and the oreo cake pops are to die for !!! Thanks again Cassidy you are so awesome !!

Profile Picture Adetnuke, 8/20/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Thanks Cassidy and John Serock Catering for being professional, responsive and thorough at every level of the wedding process - as we budgeted, as we agonized over linens, and on the day itself. I can't picture how any caterer could have been more valuable to our process, from the friendship, the prompt email replies, and the complete and utter precision in putting it together on the day of. Serock is flawless. Not to mention, the food got rave reviews! We have a huge vegetarian and dietary-restricted contingent, and the vegetarian entree was so good I opted for it. We actually got messages of thanks from our family and friends for our "thoughtful food selection" - when do you hear that about a wedding? My dad, who does not like "wedding food", raved that the salmon was cooked perfectly. The appetizers had the right touch of whimsy (cheesesteak eggrolls) and satisfied everyone.
You know you have a greater caterer when extra meals are boxed up for you afterwards so you can savor the food after the stress is over. The attention to detail, the exceptional quality and the customer service is the bar every company should strive to hit. Thanks, Serock, we are so grateful.

Profile Picture Shannon, 8/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Set Up, Lactose Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Chairs, Tables, Cake, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Bartender(s), Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

Make sure you read this till the end! I'm sure you've read all these AMAZING reviews for Serock Catering. And believe it or not, out of the 8 caterers I could choose from at Historic Washington Springs, they were also the best priced. We went to our tasting and Cassidy is super helpful and professional in making your event go smoothly. But when we walked away from the tasting we felt kind of let down by the quality of the food. If that happens to you, DO NOT TURN AWAY! The quality of the food at our actual event was fantastic! Loved the little sliders as appetizers and the mashed potatoes. The service--- all the staff were so kind and personable. Anytime we needed something it was taken care of ASAP. Thanks for making our day feel like a fairytale!

Profile Picture Kristen, 8/5/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink

Where do I begin? I have been a private chef and have had 20 plus years of catering experience, so when it was time to find a caterer in my new hometown, and given that our venue gave us four caterers to choose from their approved vendor list, I had my work cut out for me....because of my own high expectations. John Serock did not disappoint. The menu is vast and the options endless. Kristy Arnold, his assistant, is a gem to work with. I could not have been happier. All of our guests raved about the food and the presentation of the dinner presented to them. We had a sit-down dinner for 97 guests and they did not miss a beat. Even with a huge thunder storm at the beginning of our ceremony, they were professional throughout the day, wiping down the chairs, all with smiles on their faces. If you are looking for a professional team, food that will be enjoyed by all, John Serock and his team are the ones you should call. I highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Kendra, 7/22/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cake, Cake Cutting, Custom Menu, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, American, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up

We had an amazing experience with John Serock Catering from the second we met for a consult to the day of the wedding. They were extremely attentive and helped us every step of the way. Not only was their service stellar the food was absolutely delicious, our guests are still telling us how amazing it was. I would absolutely only recommend John Serock Catering to any new couple in search for a professional, experienced and attentive caterer with delicious cuisine.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

John Serock Catering was a dream come true. We had found them through our first venue choice, when it ended up falling through they were completely on board with the change in location and totally amazing through it all. The change in venue - despite having time- was stressful and disappointing, knowing though we would still have our first choice caterer was amazing. I thought choosing a caterer would be difficult due to my food allergies (gluten & nuts) and Cassidy & John were instantly on board with a totally gluten & nut free wedding, complete with gluten free chicken fingers, gluten free crackers, gluten free dessert table, gluten free corn bread, and to top it all off they made all my wedding cake dreams come true! A cheese wheel wedding cake. I had no idea how to pull it off, but I sent them a picture and they took it and ran with it and it was one of my favorite parts of the day. We even had a special request for a salad that we loved and they matched it exactly! They were willing to work within our budget, allergy restrictions, and Cassidy was so incredible day of and through it all. They ran with all my ideas & dreams. The team set up every decoration I had brought, setting everything up to as I had always imagined. (i had hundreds of candlesticks for them to set up! and WOW!! ) They were responsive through the whole process making it all completely seamless. I saw first hand how a great caterer would lead to an amazing wedding. The food was delicious and presented so elegantly, the staff on point, the whole timeline put together for us, they kept everything moving along all day, they worked so incredibly hard and the whole day overall completely amazing. It was perfect and we cannot thank them enough!!

Profile Picture Morgan, 6/10/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Signature Drink, Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free

When it was time to choose a caterer for our wedding, John Serock Catering was always in the front of my mind. I knew about the company, about John, and about the amazing service and food they provide. After we chose our venue, we realized we were “stuck” with an approved vendor list. Imagine my relief and excitement when I saw JSC listed! From the first appointment with him up until the wedding day, John and his team were so easy to work with. When I say the food is fantastic, it’s an understatement. Even the tasting itself was such a pleasant experience. John is extremely down to earth and yet still very professional. He truly cares about what he does, how he treats his staff, his clients, and every little detail about your special day. He helped with the logistics of the wedding day, our guest list and seating chart woes, and was an extraordinary help the day of our wedding. I was a bundle of nerves and stress the few days leading up to the wedding day, worrying that my “dream” wouldn’t pan-out, since I would not be in control of all the little details and decorations. I couldn’t have been more wrong. I could have cried when I saw how perfect everything was, how attentive his staff was, and of course, how AMAZING the food all was! I even made sure I sat down and ate BOTH crab cakes for dinner because I didn’t want to pass up such a good meal!! I need to also send a special shout-out to Rose, who was our “shadow” server for the day. She made sure my husband and I were always followed around with food, drinks, etc. She was super attentive and very nice. If you’re looking for a caterer and are considering JSC, STOP LOOKING! You’ve found your caterer!

Profile Picture Holly, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Clean Up, Delivery, Set Up, Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Vegan, Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

From start to finish, the John Serock team was absolutely fantastic! I really feel like we hit the jackpot in selecting them for our wedding. Cassidy helped me SO much in planning our timeline and with all the preparations beforehand. We live on the West Coast so email communication was key in working out the logistics, and Cassidy was extremely responsive and answered every question I had so efficiently. She even worked around our very limited travel schedule for meetings.

In terms of the actual day, Serock's team ROCKED! Rachel (our coordinator), the servers, and the bartenders went above and beyond the call of duty to make sure we had a smooth and beautiful reception! From the set up (y'all, they know how to make a room look BEAUTIFUL), to the delicious food, to their professionalism and kindness, we were truly blown away. The price was reasonable and you get so much for the money. I would hire John Serock Catering again in a heartbeat! They are pros!!!!

Profile Picture Janet, 6/3/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

There are times when a 5 out of 5 rating does not even do a review justice and this is one of those times. From the beginning stages of trying to figure out our wedding venue until the last item was loaded into the car after our wedding, this company was nothing short of perfect. Our wedding was held at Appleford in Villanova, PA and we had our choice of various caterers. We went to a few tasting that the caterers held. John Serock hands down had the most delicious food and was affordable, so we went with them. Thank GOD we did. During the planning process and during the actual wedding our coordinator was Cassidy. She was organized, friendly, and always responded quickly. She made the entire process seamless and you can tell she truly loves her job and helping to make her customers' events perfect. During our event, all of the food was amazing, the staff was extremely helpful and again Cassidy delivered. We had tons of DIY decor that was set up perfectly by the JS staff and Cassidy made sure it was exactly how we had envisioned. Our guests understandably raved about the food and we can only hope and pray that we are invited to another wedding that is catered by JS so that we can have more of it! John Serock Catering is so much more than a caterer company. They truly will MAKE your event with both perfect food and wonderful customer service.

Profile Picture Danielle, 4/29/17, 1 Review