John Serock Catering Reviews

163 John Serock Catering Reviews
  • Lisa

Lisa Colucci · Married on 11/03/2018

Best day ever!

Great food, great service, great coordinator (Jenny), flexible, accommodating, attention to detail, organization, etc. If you want a worry free wedding, this is the caterer to choose! I would say this staff goes beyond the bounds of their responsibility to make things wonderful for the married couple and the guests. We were asked all night if we needed anything, and everyone was happy! We had a cocktail hour with charcuterie and passed apps, as well as food stations for dinner. I have also been to other weddings by this caterer that included a sit down dinner and a buffet. All are great options! Thank you JS Catering!!! We will definitely use them again!

Christina · Married on 11/03/2018

Absolutely perfect

I want to send the most heartfelt and sincere thank you for the wedding of our dreams.  From the open house over a year ago hosted by JSC until the last minute the night of our wedding we have been impressed with the level of service and attention to detail JSC, Cassidy in particular, provided.

Planning communication with Cassidy was always prompt, friendly, clear and professional.  It is clear that not only does she love her job, but that she was made to do it!

Our food was out of control.  I've never had food so good at a wedding and all of our guests agreed.  It was also exciting and fun to know that the culinary team at JSC is just as interested in creating new fun ideas as we were during the planning.  Then the execution on our wedding day was beyond expectation.

The staff on our wedding day was also friendly and professional, especially Violet who was assigned to Mike and I specifically.  She was attentive, without being too much - and she was SO sweet.  The bar staff was also great and I saw several guest interactions that were so genuine and fun!

Of course throughout the entire night we know it was Cassidy making sure it all went well (including starting an hour late due to outside/unrelated vendor irresponsibility!).  We are absolutely blown away by every little detail and we will NEVER forget how amazing this night was!

THANK YOU!!!!

debra · Married on 09/22/2018

We are lucky enough to have Kristy as our lead person. Serock has been so accommodating and helpful with my daughter's wedding that we also asked them to do her wedding shower as well. There were some food items not on the master menu list that I wanted but Kristy said "No problem. We can make that as well". She also had phenomenal ideas making our events one of a kind. She made us aware of many things that we did not even think of regarding diet restrictions of people as well as advising us on ordering too many things so she wasn't out for our dollars. I cannot say enough about Serock.

• Trish

Trish · Married on 09/22/2018

Excellent would highly recommend!

John and his team were amazing from the first meeting to the end of the wedding reception! And the food was delicious!

Linda · Married on 09/21/2018

We met Kristy Arnold at the Barn of Stoneybrooke open house and not only was the Serock presentation worlds better than all the other catering vendors, their experience in the business was very evident. It is no wonder they win all sorts of awards as the best caterer year after year. You can’t teach experience! Kristy was FABULOUS to work with and ensured that ever little detail was handled during the wedding planning. She met with us for a consultation, tasting, and then before the wedding to finalize the event details and WOW…. she executed everything perfectly.

The servers were super attentive and ensured that all the guests needs were attended too. All of the little extras such as having drinks served as soon as the wedding ceremony was over, salads served and, on the table, when the guests were seated, attentive bartenders, extra servers available to attend to the wedding party….I could go on and on. You just don’t find all the many extra touches that Serock includes with other vendors.

The food, the service, the professionalism, the presentation, the execution…..everything was top notch. Thank you to Kristy for your fabulous service and for Serock for catering our daughter’s wedding so fabulously. We would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Serock Catering!

Barb · Married on 09/08/2018

When it was time to hire a caterer for my sons wedding we looked no further than John Serock Catering!
    John and his staff are professional, personable, and flexible.
    In addition to his excellent menu, and with the desire to make sure everyone was pleased, John created excellent hors d'oeuvres options, entree option, and deserts for some of our vegetarian and vegan family and friends.
    Comments from our guests regarding the food during the wedding….”terrific”, “delicious”, “sooo good”, “fantastic” ,
    terrific hors d”oeuvres”, "yummy desserts”, …can’t stop eating because everything is so good" !!!
    John was present all evening and demonstrated care and attention to everything. His staff was professional, polite, and attentive. John Serock Catering played a huge role in the success of my son and daughter in law's wedding. Thanks John!!

Dan · Married on 09/01/2018

Food is still being talked about 2 months after our Wedding

John Serock is the caterer you want at your wedding. Over the past few weeks we have met with friends and family after the wedding and the "food" is all everyone keeps talking about! We had over 180 people at our wedding and they did everything perfect. Kristy was such a pleasure to work with in the planning phase and also amazing to work with on our special day. They had servers dedicated to just my wife and I. I cannot say more amazing things about our experience with John Serock. Our wedding was perfect and they were one of the main reasons for making that happen. I would recommend John Serock to everyone for their wedding if you want the perfect experience.

Collin · Married on 08/25/2018

John and his team lead Rachael were a dream to work with. From the first phone call, in-person menu tasting, and every detail crafting the food and drink experience for our guests we can say we were so impressed. Very responsive, great attention to detail, good pricing, and great organizational skills. We loved working with Rachael and how she guided us through the flow of our wedding day and assured support through every step. On the big day it was effortless! Rachael and the team delivered from setting up, working with the other vendors, and gave a 5 star experience at our family home where we hosted 200 guests. Everyone loved the food, the service, and had a blast. Even the staff was having fun which just added to the amazing vibe of the whole evening. We would absolutely recommend John and his team!

Peter · Married on 08/04/2018

John and his team are total pro's. We met with several caterers and none of them were close to Serock when it came to communication/service, planning and especially the food. I always thought it was a little corny when reviews say how guests couldn't stop raving about the food, but it's totally true with Serock. It's been weeks since the wedding and people are still telling me how great the food was. I'd encourage everyone to meet and taste the food from several different vendors and I would bet that Serock will be on top. They were just awesome.

John Serock Catering 1
    John Serock Catering 2
    John Serock Catering 3
    John Serock Catering 4
    John Serock Catering 5
    John Serock Catering 6
    John Serock Catering 7

Maria · Married on 07/28/2018

John and his team were the best vendors we had by far ! They are not only caterers but they also made me feel like my day was special. They knew exactly who I was and what my order was for food and drink before I could even ask. They also helped keep our day on track and make sure everything was running smoothly and on time ! They’re not only caterers but amazing people and great coordinators ! Highly recommend !

Sent on 09/18/2018

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you Maria for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. It was a pleasure working with you thru out the process. Best, John

Brittany · Married on 07/28/2018

If you are getting married in the greater Philadelphia area, you should definitely work with John Serock Catering. John and his team created a completed dairy free menu for us to accommodate my allergy without compromising taste. The menu was completely customized and featured all of our favorite foods. It was by far the highlight of our special day. We were also paired up with Cassidy, who served as our point of contact at John Serock Catering, as well as our day-of-coordinator. We would not have been able to survive without Cassidy! She is amazing, tireless, organized, warm, and a real pleasure to work with. We are so thankful to have had John and his team cater our wedding and would recommend them to everyone!

Melissa · Married on 07/21/2018

As if John Serock needs one more good review ;) There's a reason they are so highly rated, because they are the best!
    After pricing out other caterers, we found John Serock to match overall cost, and getting married at the Barn at Silverstone, we worked with Kristy from day one. The food was excellent, from tasting to dessert it was delicious - even our foodie friends had only good things to say. But the service just took it to another level - from Kristy making planning easy and the day perfect to the staff member that brought my husband and I our tray of apps - we felt like royalty. With Kristy's coordination decorations moved from ceremony to reception and flowers, vases and extra cupcakes were loaded into our cars at the end of the night. Kristy was ninja-like, somehow every where, on top of it and completely 'invisible' at the same time - we are so glad she was part of our 'best day ever'!

Meridyth · Married on 06/23/2018

Rachael was fantastic - in addition to running the catering service, she was basically our entire event coordinator. She's organized, efficient and so lovely to work with. Her team was attentive and very professional during our reception. And the food was amazing - received compliments on the dinner from many guests. Highly recommend

rachel · Married on 06/16/2018

Cassidy was so helpful throughout the entire process. The day of the wedding I didn't have to worry about a thing, her and her team had everything perfect the entire night!!

Brandon · Married on 06/16/2018

Everything was simply amazing. Cassidy was the best and took care of every detail. Just wish I had had time to enjoy the food more, as I was too busy talking with my guests and everything!

Courtney · Married on 06/15/2018

We can't thank Kristy and Serock enough for everything they did to make our wedding day perfect! We had the best day and couldn't have asked for a better caterer. We really enjoyed the open house at our venue and private tasting at Serock. Kristy was so wonderful throughout the planning process and got right back to us via email with thorough responses to any questions we had. We received so many compliments from wedding guests from cocktail hour passed apps, to the meat & cheese display, to entrees and late night soft pretzels. Cake through Master's Baker was also delicious. Thank you for everything! (especially the apps and meals for the next day...those were so appreciated as we packed for the honeymoon!). THANK YOU!!!!

Matt · Married on 06/08/2018

Cassidy and her team were amazing! We couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out. Days later and people are still raving about the delicious food (and dessert table) and outstanding service! The steak was cooked perfectly! We are so thankful for all that they did to make our day so memorable. I would recommend them to anyone to make their day special.

Stephanie · Married on 06/02/2018

Absolutely amazing experience with John Serock Catering, what an amazing team. We were so impressed that nothing was left unattended on our big day. If I could do it all over again, I'd do everything the same. The value of their service is more than reasonable, we left everything to them and they knocked it out of the park. My guests won't stop raving about the food and service. My now husband and I were so blown away by our event coordinator Jenny and the amazing catering team. Will be recommending them to everyone!!

Traci · Married on 06/02/2018

I really can’t begin to explain how great our experience was with John Serock. We are originally from NYC, attend events regularly, and have high standards. They were met or exceeded at every step. Would highly recommend for ANY event! Thank you!!!

Molly · Married on 06/01/2018

The food was delicious! John and the team are so pleasant to work with. Made our wedding day as special as it could be and were very responsive to any concerns we may have.

Diana · Married on 05/26/2018

John Serock Catering provides a great value, delicious food and wonderful, attentive staff. We had so many compliments from guests about the delicious food and great service at my daughter's wedding.

Kelsey · Married on 05/25/2018

If I could give Serock more than 5 stars I would! We had our wedding on May 25th, 2018 at Appleford Estate and I truly don't know how I would have done it without this caterer. Cassidy Carre was AMAZING! She worked with me through the entire process and made everything so much easier by answering questions, guiding us on decisions and making sure everything went to plan. She even fixed the train of my dress before my walk down the aisle. They went above and beyond my expectation of a caterer. The staff for bartending, set-up, serving, etc were all included in our pricing which was great- one less thing to think about. Everyone was friendly and it was smooth sailing for the whole day! Talking about all the great people I almost forgot to mention THE FOOD! We knew going in that the food was going to be awesome. We went to their open house at Appleford that we attended before meeting with them, and then had a private tasting at Serock and were really impressed by everything we tried. Their portions were not skimpy, as wedding meals sometimes are, and everything was served promptly and hot! Our guests truly loved the food at our wedding, people were talking about it all night and no one went hungry! We also had a cheese & charcuterie table that was a huge hit, and an awesome part of our cocktail hour to bring people out to the garden. I really can't say enough about how great this company was to work with and how much their food and service did to make our wedding day phenomenal. I could go on and on but truly all you need to know is that Serock is the best of the best in their catering field and I would strongly recommend them to anyone and everyone. Thank you John Serock & crew for all your hard work!

Alex · Married on 05/18/2018

Serock catering, John & his team are the best of the best. From the experience of planning, the accommodations, above and beyond service and the most incredible food, they made our wedding day what it was. Truly incredible! Cassidy was amazing with her guidance, taste and overall direction. She helped us feel at ease with planning our day and executing every vision!

John Serock Catering 8
    John Serock Catering 9
    John Serock Catering 10

E · Married on 05/12/2018

Amazing food and very helpful every step of the way!! :)