John Serock Catering Reviews

203 | West Chester, PA

203 Reviews for John Serock Catering

Tammy · Getting married on 05/08/2022

Tammy Allebach

We have used John Serock for 2 of our children's weddings, and they did NOT disappoint! They took care of every detail, the wedding was seamless, we were able to fully enjoy the day. The food is amazing, we received many compliments, and when #3 gets engaged--we already know who we're calling! :)

Sent on 09/01/2020
  • Dana

Dana B. · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Everything was absolutely amazing

THANK YOU SO MUCH for catering our wedding. The food from start to finish was out of this world and our guests were so impressed! They are still raving about it! Thank you to Kristy, our day of coordinator, who made everything just perfect. Our wedding day was truly stress free thanks to this awesome crew. I would highly recommend John Serock for any occasion!

Sent on 10/25/2020

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you for all the kind words and it was a pleasure working with you both! We wish you the best !
  • Tara

Tara H. · Getting married on 06/09/2021

Serock should be your first choice for catering!

Serock should be every couple’s first choice for catering! This team is so amazing to work with, they provide so much personal care and patience throughout the entire planning process and the food is beyond amazing! Our wedding day was picture-perfect from start to finish because Serock managed every detail with care and professionalism!

Sent on 10/04/2020
  • Jan

Jan A. · Getting married on 05/10/2021

Perfection Personified

From our first meeting, we were impressed with John's enthusiasm, his accommodating, “can do” spirit and the dazzling array of possibilities offered to us. Simply put, John's implementation of our hopes and dreams was perfection personified. Each table setting was stunning. The service provided by the wait and bar staff was impeccable. The food was – is unparalleled. The compliments that we have received, and continue to come in, could not be more glowing. Many come from “seasoned” wedding goers, who claim emphatically that they have never had better food anywhere. High praise indeed!

John and his team worked seamlessly to ensure our complete satisfaction, and Jackie, who attended the bride and groom throughout the evening was exceptional!. It was a flawless presentation that delighted not only Emily and John, but their assembled families and friends as well. No doubt, with John's expertise, Loch Aerie Mansion will quickly become the premier event space in Chester County and beyond.

Sent on 11/10/2020

Shannon B. · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Amazing food and service

We cannot recommend Serock catering enough! From the beginning, Kristy was so responsive, helpful and warm. She was always quick to respond to my questions and provide honest recommendations. Our wedding day went off without a hitch because of her attention to detail and hard work. Most importantly, John Serock’s food is absolutely delicious! Our families are still talking about how delicious everything was (especially the steak!) The bartenders were also excellent and made amazing margaritas. We are so very happy we chose John Serock Catering!

PS – make sure to order as many oreo bombs as you can fit in the venue, you won’t regret it.

Sent on 11/12/2019

Martha D. · Married on 11/14/2020

Above and beyond!!

Serock Catering & our lead coordinator Rachael went above and beyond all of our expectations as our wedding caterer!! During the planning process, we changed our date, changed our venue, and changed our guest count, and Serock never missed a beat. Rachael guided us through the entire planning process - from menus to floor plans to day of timing. We didn’t have a “vision” of our dream wedding going into the planning, and Rachael worked with us to make sure the celebration was a perfect reflection of us as a couple.

Probably most special to us were the efforts Serock put in to help us serve Indian inspired appetizers at the wedding. The groom’s parents were unable to travel from India to the US for the wedding due to COVID, and having delicious Indian food during our celebration was so special to us. The menu wasn’t something Serock does every day, yet it was so clear at our tasting how willing the entire staff was to get it right for us. And in the end, all of the food was incredible!! Many guests still talk about how great all of the food was - from the Indian appetizers to the warm dessert bar.

Serock Catering and Rachael - thank you for working so hard to make our wedding day a celebration we will never forget. You helped us create something so special, made our lives so easy working directly with the venue, band, etc. and it was so comforting to know you were thinking of every little detail so we didn’t have to. Looking forward to more Serock events in our future!!

Sent on 01/03/2021

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for this thoughtful review, Martha! You and Atith have been an absolute pleasure to get to know. I am so happy I was able to see your wedding through to the end! From the surprise message from Atith's mom and sister in India to your sister's hilarious maid of honor speech it truly was a special day. I cannot wait for your next event!
    -Rachael & The Serock Team
  • Raechal

Raechal F. · Married on 10/17/2020

amazing food and service

We hired serock for our wedding a few weeks ago. They were phenomenal- from the planning to the day of, everything was excellent. You get an all-in-one deal, making the planning so much easier and streamlined. Our guests are still raving about the food. They even had a server designated for my husband and me so we wouldn't go hungry. HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 10/27/2020

John Serock Catering's reply:

Raechal it was a pleasure working with you and we are so happy you had a wonderful wedding day! We wish you both the best !!!
  • Dev

Dev · Married on 10/11/2020

I want to re-create our day to have more of the food!!

Working with Kristy and John Serock Catering was so easy. We had an idea of what we wanted, but she helped us narrow down to specifics and let us try so many apps so we could pick the food we loved. All i keep hearing from guests was how amazing the food was, and it was just that! And the service, wow. We keep saying, we’ve never met so many people who LOVE to do their job, every single staff member of Serock was great, thank you all for helping our day be so amazing!

Sent on 10/21/2020

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you for having us as apart of your day and we are so happy you both had a amazing wedding!!! We wish you both the best!!!
  • Rachel

Rachel L. · Married on 10/03/2020

Amazing amazing amazing!

If I could go back and redo my wedding all over again, the only thing I would change is making sure that I sat and ate more! The food was so delicious! Cassidy and her team did such an amazing job getting everything prepared to make my wedding the best day of my life!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Hi Rachel!
    Thank you for your kind sentiments! We are so glad you enjoyed yourselves! Your event was BEAUTIFUL and look forward to seeing more photos :)

Wishing you all the best,
    Cassidy & The Serock Team
  • Christy

Christy · Married on 09/26/2020

The best catering choice!

We cannot recommend John Serock Catering enough. We got married 9/26/2020 at The Barn at Silverstone, and it was the most perfect day. Kristy was our day of coordinator and helped us with all of our planning needs. Honestly, the day ran so smoothly, that at the end of the night, I had to ask her if there were any hiccups that I should be aware of!

We requested some hors d’oeuvres for cocktail hour that were not on the menu, and they were able to accommodate all of our requests! Dinner was amazing – our guests continue to rave about how this was “the best wedding food they’ve had”. All entrees were delicious, and most importantly, served hot! Although I did not get to try the desserts (too busy dancing!), our guests said they were delicious. The bartenders did a great job with our signature drinks as well. Above all, Kristy made sure that my husband and I had everything we needed throughout the entire night.

Sent on 10/12/2020
  • Grace

Grace H. · Married on 08/29/2020

Wonderful Food & Wonderful Staff - HIGHLY Recommend

Rachael & the whole team at John Serock Catering went above & beyond in bringing our wedding day to life. My husband and I got married at the end of August 2020 amid COVID-19. Needless to say our entire day looked different than we had planned. We updated from a ballroom wedding with 100 guests to a backyard wedding with our parents, siblings, and 4 close friends.

We reached out to John Serock Catering just a little over month before our wedding and they were timely and considerate from that point on as we picked menus and pulled everything together last minute. On the day of the wedding, they set out our decorations for us outside under a tent in the pouring down rain - a tent that was about 30’ further away from where we had previously intended. They set a plate of hors d’oeuvres and signature drinks for my husband and I to enjoy before being introduced, and the bartender quickly and quietly mopped the muddy dance floor just before our grand entrance. They went above and beyond making accommodations for inclement wether and implementing safety precautions for COVID. Each staff member was professional and efficient!

The food was beautiful & everything tasted amazing (even left over the next day). Since it was a backyard reception, they cleaned everything up, loaded our china into the dishwasher for cleaning and set out s’mores which were enjoyed long after they left. They are incredible at what they do and I would recommend them in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 09/23/2020

John Serock Catering's reply:

Hi Grace! Thank you so much for this thoughtful review. You could not have been easier to work with and I am so happy we could be a part of your special day! Wishing you and Dan all the best!

-Rachael & the Serock Team
  • Lindsay

Lindsay C. · Married on 08/21/2020

The Perfect Wedding!!

John Serock catering is the best!! We booked them prior to the beginning of the pandemic because of everything they offer but more so because of Cassidy! She went above and beyond for my wife and I. When the pandemic hit, and we decided to go forward with our wedding, Serock made sure all of our guests were safe and they made sure nothing about our night was compromised. We received so many compliments on all of the food and how wonderful the servers were! We could not have asked for better service. 10/10 would recommend!

Sent on 10/01/2020

Lindsay and Mike,
    Thank you so much for your thoughtful words! It means so much. I enjoyed guiding you throughout this process and seeing all those details come to life. Love the photo you shared too! Wishing you all the best.
    Cheers! -Cassidy
  • Kaleigh

Kaleigh C. · Married on 07/18/2020

Amazing food! Incredible Service!

John Serock Catering was the perfect fit for our wedding day! The food was absolutely amazing and Kristy was wonderful to work with. We left our tasting with full stomachs and pride in knowing that we were in the best hands. Leading up to the wedding, Kristy was there for every one of our needs and easy to communicate with. On the day of, Kristy went above and beyond to make sure that everything went smoothly. I cannot say enough about how incredible Serock Catering was!

Sent on 07/29/2020

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you for the kind words and it was a pleasure working with you both during the planning process! So happy we could be apart of your special day!
    Wishing you lots of love and happiness
    Kristy
  • Arielle

Arielle F. · Married on 06/05/2020

Went above and beyond!

Where do I begin with John Serock Catering? John and his team are incredible caterers who create delicious food, but their professionalism and willingness to go above and beyond for the couple is simply amazing! My husband and I have Persian and Egyptian backgrounds and we live in Europe so we wanted a mix of Middle Eastern foods and Mediterranean cuisine. John was excited to work on new dishes and really embraced the challenge. Everyone loved their food and the servers did a great job at making sure everyone was well fed and comfortable. In addition to helping us with the food and selecting the alcohol, John helped us manage things at the venue and even called the transportation company for us at the very end of the night when we had a slight issue. He is absolutely reliable, which made this whole process that much easier on us while planning. Food at a wedding is very important, but working with someone as friendly, experienced and committed as John is worth even more. I highly recommend John Serock Catering!

Sent on 06/06/2019

John Serock Catering's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Arielle. It was great working with you, Reba and your mom thru out the process. Best wishes for a lifetime of Love, Luck and Happiness.
    -John

Danielle · Married on 05/09/2020

Top-notch Team of Talented Professionals

Thank you SO much for all you did to make our special day a reality! I truly felt so blessed to have Rachael from Serock Catering leading the event. She is extremely talented, and it was so nice to have her coordinate everything for the day. She put our mind at ease from the day we met her and nailed every detail -- even down to replicating a recipe for our signature drink. Our guests loved their meals, too. Thank you, Rachael--and the entire Serock team--for everything!

Sent on 09/14/2020

John Serock Catering's reply:

Danielle, you and John have been an absolute pleasure to work with. From date change to then a venue change, you guys always remained calm and focused on what really mattered - getting married! So happy we could be apart of it!

Congratulations & Best Wishes,
    Rachael
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/02/2020

A Caterer that CARES!

When we first started planning, we weren’t sure what else we needed in a caterer besides having the food taste great. Well, if you ask us now, after working with Serock for over a year and replanning a wedding two times, I can add so many things to that list and we haven’t even had our wedding yet. Kristy has been THE SWEETEST, MOST FLEXIBLE, MOST ACCOMMODATING coordinator ever. These times are tough for corona couples, and Kristy makes the stress dissipate. She has been quick to respond to every single email and phone call and finds a solution immediately. Serock truly cares about helping their couples and ensuring they are taken care of. I cannot recommend them enough. If you are looking for a caterer that works WITH you and isn’t just there to feed you and take your money, look no further.

Bonus: the food is 12/10

Sent on 07/02/2020
  • Johanna

Anthony J. · Married on 12/14/2019

Fantastic Food and Service

The food at our wedding was FANTASTIC. The charcuterie station and passed apps were a hit among all of the guests and I've never had better food at a wedding. Everyone was so impressed with the entree choices, the amount of food at cocktail hour, and there was plenty of staffing throughout the evening. They had special servers for the bridal party throughout the evening and helped to make sure everything ran smoothly! An amazing caterer and would use them again without hesitation!

Sent on 06/17/2020
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/30/2019

Food was delicious, staff was great, Kristy was awesome!

You can’t go wrong with choosing Serock as your caterer. Many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the food. I especially enjoyed the bananas foster! The waitstaff and bartenders were very attentive to our guests. I had so many questions and changed up some of my food choices before the wedding. Kristy handled everything wonderfully. She was very responsive to emails and the day of the wedding ran smoothly (as far as I could tell).

Sent on 04/28/2020

Emily · Married on 11/09/2019

Couldn't Be Happier

We are so glad that we hired John Serock Catering for our special day! We received so many compliments about the food from our guests and the service was exceptional. I was a little skeptical when they promised we would be well fed at the wedding, but they made sure we were well attended to. From sending us a private plate of appetizers to keeping our food covered, the staff were able to stick with us even as we roamed all over throughout the day. During the clean-up, our coordinator, Kristy, even personally loaded our vehicle with the leftover food and cake. We highly recommend John Serock Catering!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Katie

Katie H. · Married on 11/03/2019

They went Above & BEYOND!

Kristy & the entire staff at John Serock Catering are AMAZING to work with! From the first contact, to the tasting, to the day of our wedding, Kristy worked with us to make sure all of the details of the menu were perfect! And the food?! AMAZING as well! We had SO many compliments on the food at our wedding! They have many options to choose from and all of them are so so delicious! The staff was so so nice and made sure to ask me and my husband if we needed anything. The bartenders did some extra research for our bar game (a DND inspired dice roll) and our guests LOVED how interactive they were! We can't say enough about John Serock Catering & definitely HIGHLY recommend them! Thank you so much!!!!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Megan F. · Married on 10/19/2019

The most amazing food!

Thank You to Kristy and everyone at John Serock for all your help with making the most amazing food for my wedding day. I never got so many compliments for food as I did that night. The food was over the top amazing and if I can making any suggestions to future brides using John Serock, get the tortellini carbonara it was so incredible! Everything about this company is A+ and I will recommend them to others looking for any catering needs. You made my wedding day that much more special!!!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Courtney H. · Married on 10/13/2019

Delicious hot food, amazing service, amazing people.

John Serock Catering was, without a doubt, one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Kristy, our initial contact, was extremely responsive to all of our questions and always available via email. Our day of coordinator Rachel was amazing and checked in with both of us throughout the day of our wedding and made sure that the day went off without even the slightest hiccup. Sydney our personal server for the evening was so sweet and always available to offer any beverages or food to my husband and I. I was honestly expecting not to be able to eat much of anything with having to take pictures during cocktail hour but the servers made sure that they brought hors d'oeurves to our entire bridal party while we were taking pictures.

We were completely blown away by the entrees as well. All of the food was so amazing and came out hot! Everyone that attended our wedding was extremely satisfied with their food and could not stop talking about it!

Between the wonderful service and the beyond amazing food John Serock Catering is by far the best choice for wedding catering.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Kayla · Married on 10/11/2019

Exceeded all expectations

John Serock Catering did a phenomenal job with our wedding. We worked closely with Kristy (our day of coordinator), who was so much fun to work with. She really made the whole process a breeze and the day went off without a hitch (as far as we know :-) ). The staff were all so friendly, professional and quick! Everything from our signature drinks to the appetizers and main course were wonderful. Our guests are still complimenting the food (short ribs, herbed chicken and butternut squash lasagna). They even supplied our wedding cake through The Master Baker (also phenomenal). We are so happy we decided to use Serock Catering for our special day.

Sent on 03/24/2020

Kristin S. · Married on 09/29/2019

Guests Will Remember How Good It Was

We found John Serock through Google, then their site and reviews drew us in, and the fact that they were a preferred caterer just sealed the deal. It was also super important for my husband to have good food. Let me tell you, they delivered. We worked with Kristy, who was extremely responsive at first contact. She was very straightforward with their offering which helped us budget our wedding in a timely manner. She kindly accommodated our tardiness at our tasting, and was practically a second coordinator the day of our wedding. We opted for a buffet. The Food. Was. Delicious. The servers were professional. They even had a server come out to my husband and I while our photographer took photos post ceremony. She brought us hors d'oeurves and cocktails since we were a distance from our guests. Our guests kept telling us how good everything was, even after the wedding! We highly recommend their services. Thank you Kristy and John Serock!

Sent on 11/20/2019