John P. Martinez Guitarist Extraordinaire Reviews

29 | Albuquerque, NM

29 Reviews for John P. Martinez Guitarist Extraordinaire

John Pruitt · Getting married on 05/30/2021

Absolutely Enjoyable. Super Experience

I had seen John at a local spot, took his card and later called him up to perform at small and very special family reunion. Man did he land it- spot on for our gathering. His music selection was as if tailored-made for our group. Recommend highly. Man am I glad it was John. A DJ for me is way too passe when I now know, nothing beats live. Not to mention all the love from the family showered on me for making this decision. Thanks, Mr. Martinez. Hope to see you again sometime.

Sent on 09/09/2019

John P. Martinez Guitarist Extraordinaire's reply:

Wow that's one serious review. You know I was worried about this gig because it was rainy and other things but it sure was a lot of fun and I'm glad you guys enjoyed the music and thank you for the fantastic review see you soon. John Martinez

Dana Rains · Married on 07/06/2019

Rainy day didn't keep the beautiful music from playing

John played for our daughter's wedding. He is an amazing guitarist. Our outdoor wedding ended up with last minute rearrangements to indoor, very tight space. John had learned new music for the processional that ended up being the shortest processional ever and he had to sit in a tiny corner. None the less, the ceremony guitar music was beautiful and the cocktail hour music was great and fun. If you like acoustical guitar, he is awesome! We really appreciate that he adapted to the fact that the rains dictated our last minute venue.

Sent on 08/29/2019

Todd D. Little · Married on 10/10/2018

I will use them every time again and again!

John and Susan, as Chili Pi, are simply awesome. Excellent musicians and vocals. They were able to hit our diverse audience with both originals and covers that pleased everyone at the event I organized. I will use them every time I organize an event in the area!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Hey There Todd
    John Martinez here. I really wanted to thank you for this great review and to say that Susan and I really enjoyed playing for and visiting with your group. Everyone was very gracious and appreciative. Awesome reviews are really important to us and I sure hope we can come out and perform for any of your future events. Sincerely, John Martinez

Cora · Married on 09/29/2018

Desert Wedding

John was very friendly and played exactly what we requested perfectly. We had an acoustic ceremony set and he switched tunings so quickly for the brides entrance! His duo Chile Pi played the reception with a mix of traditional and original songs. The crowed loved it and we really enjoyed and appreciated their energy and effort! Made the day so unique and special. Thank you John!

Sent on 11/15/2018

John P. Martinez Guitarist Extraordinaire's reply:

Hey There Cora how are the newlyweds??? For some reason I didn't realize that you had given me such a great review and when I finally saw it a few days ago and I was super happy!! You know how important a good review can be and yours was really nice. You know I had a lot of fun playing for your ceremony & reception and your family and friends were super cool, too. Sorry it took long to respond but I wanted to thanks you and say that I hope we will see each other again soon. Come out to a gig sometime. Best of luck to you and Michael for many many happy years. Sincerely, John Martinez

• Jen

Jen · Married on 09/22/2018

John was fantastic!

John Martinez was the star of our wedding. As recent arrivals to Santa Fe, we decided to opt for a guitarist rather than a dj and it was one of the best decisions we could have made. John played for several hours and a variety of music selections. He also worked closely with us in picking our first dance song. John’s experience with playing weddings was obvious after our first meeting and was extremely helpful in helping us in organizing our music selection (a big plus since my wife and I were really unfamiliar with the process). John played at our wedding for several hours and my family/friends were constantly asking how we were able to find such a great guitarist. Hands down, he was a great wedding addition and we were really happy with his performance!

Sent on 11/25/2018

John P. Martinez Guitarist Extraordinaire's reply:

Now that's what I call a stellar review! You guys are so cool! You know how much I loved performing at your wedding and I was so appreciative of your family and friends. They were the best. I truly hope we will get to see each other again and I wish you many years of marital bliss. Thanks again for the awesome review!!!!! Sincerely, John P. Martinez

Tori · Married on 08/01/2018

This was not for a wedding, but I booked John’s duet group, Chile Pi, for a dinner at a corporate conference in Albuquerque. I have a very social group, so any music I book must be of the background variety. The night of the dinner (which was outdoors) there was an EPIC thunderstorm. John and his partner Susan, and all of their equipment got DRENCHED. I don’t know how they managed to keep their spirits up but they dried everything off, moved it all inside, and started up the show again, running it late and entertaining our attendees. They have a lovely blend of voices and were the perfect entertainment for this particular group, some who wanted to socialize with background music and some who wanted to actively listen. Thank you, John and Susan!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Julia · Married on 07/21/2018

John was so professional and wonderful to work with! He is extremely talented and was able to help us decide what music fit our wedding best. We were very lucky to have been able to book him! We highly recommend him!

Sent on 09/25/2018

John P. Martinez Guitarist Extraordinaire's reply:

Hey There Julia how are you and Brenden doing???? I hope you are still the happy couple I played for at your fabulous wedding. I wanted to thanks you for the great review, I super appreciate. Thanks you so much and I sure hope we will see each other again sometime in the future. Come out to a gig sometime. Please give my best to Brenden. Sincerely, John Martinez

Cheryl · Married on 05/28/2018

I contracted John to play at an evening event honoring eleven candidates for Judgeship. I knew that it was likely to be a diverse group of individuals. Therefore, I wanted someone who could both entertain during conversational lolls, or blend in when conversations required strictly background music. I found that John responded quickly to quests, as well as to my own minor shuffling of schedule, with good humored ease. I highly recommend him to others as a truly professional entertainer.

Sent on 06/07/2018

John P. Martinez Guitarist Extraordinaire's reply:

Hi Cheryl thank you so much for the great review it means a lot to me and I appreciate it. I enjoyed playing for your group and I hope to hear from you again if you need me thanks. John Martinez

Paul · Married on 05/19/2018

John is a fantastic guitarist and was a pleasure to have play at our wedding!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Hey Paul
    Thank you so much for this awesome review I truly appreciate it!!!! I really had fun playing for your wedding and it is the first time the bride and groom chose Classic Rock tunes for the preceremonial. I hope you and Jeannine have an incredible married life together and please keep in touch. John Martinez
  • U

Urvashi · Married on 05/12/2018

John did a great job at our pre-wedding reception. He played beautifully and it was a wonderful complement to our event to have a live musician. John was very willing to work with us and was very professional in his dealings with us. I would recommend John.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Hi Urvashi
    I just wanted to thank you so much for this wonderful review it means a lot to me and it was an honor to be your chosen musician for your special event. Have a blast in Jamaica!!!!! Sincerely, John Martinez

Lauralee · Married on 04/28/2018

John was wonderful to work with! My husband and I had been planning our entire wedding from 1200 miles away so working with trying to book and talk details with vendors worried me at the start of planning but there was no miscommunication with him.. Hew is very responsive with any questions or concerns that you might have. With my crazy schedule and being in a different time zone he made sure that he would call me when ever worked best for me. Whether it was email or a phone call very easy to get hold of! The wedding was Beautiful and even though I was not at the cocktail hour all our guests absolutely loved him and his performance. That day was such a busy whirl wind but I couldn't thank him more for helping with our big day!

Sent on 05/25/2018

Hi Lauralee
    I just wanted to thank you again so much for your incredible review and once again it was my honor to be your chosen musician for such an important event. I wish you a lifetime of marital happiness to you and Adrian! Sincererly, John Martinez

Nancy · Married on 03/10/2018

We asked John to play for our daughter's wedding 2 weeks ago. I booked him well in advance. His website has an extensive list of pieces he plays. I gave him a list based on that list and it was just perfect. He double checked with me exactly the type of piece and genre to be played. He totally set the mood with the guitar during the wedding. Many of the out of town guests commented on his playing during the cocktail hour as he played Spanish flamenco type music then as well as for the recessional! He was great to work with and was exactly what we wanted. I highly recommend him. I also went to listen to him play at a local restaurant before I contacted him. He usually posts where he is playing so you can go and check him out! Book him. He's great!

Sent on 03/23/2018

John P. Martinez Guitarist Extraordinaire's reply:

Hey There Nancy you are so Kooool!!!! Thanks you so such for this amazing review! It was a real pleasure and an honor to perform at your daughters wedding. I hope we will see each other again soon and once again I super appreciate this wonderful review! Sincerely, John Martinez
  • Rhonda

Rhonda Compher · Married on 03/01/2018

A musical backdrop to remember

John performed at my mother's 70th birthday party, a semi-formal backyard event of her friends and family, personal and professional. John was the highlight of the evening. He arrived on time to set up, which was beautiful over by the pool, close enough for perfect sounds, far enough to not be intrusive. He played a array of ballads, 70's classics, Spanish, just beautiful all of it. The days following the party I continued to get compliments on hiring John and his music was the highlight of the night. I would def recommend and hire for any event where you want a musical backdrop.

Sent on 08/23/2019

Great background music for all generations. Many compliments from guests.

Sent on 06/23/2016

Julia · Married on 06/03/2016

John is so awesome and easy to work with. We went to his house to do a planning session and his extensive library of songs he is able to play was impressive. He played at our wedding a few months ago at the Tamaya Resort. He performed our ceremony music along with the cocktail hour entertainment. The romantic Spanish song we selected really set the tone we were going for during the ceremony. Then for the cocktail hour he was able to rock out and play songs by the eagles and other varieties of music. He was on time and his pricing was definitely affordable.

Sent on 09/06/2016

Tim · Married on 07/15/2014

John pleased every age group and allowed fun and flexibility to the reception !

Sent on 07/21/2014

Claudia · event on 06/26/2014

John worked with me closely to make our memorial service so perfect and I will never be able to thank him enough. He took time with me to customize things, he worked with the sound people (I was so busy I was just glad they worked it out), and most importantly, it did all work out better than I could have even hoped for. John's voice is like butter (my term), and his guitar was so beautiful I just can't really explain. He did background music and then two songs I had chosen specifically - one he added for my service and everyone just said how awesome his music and voice were. Most importantly, he was so professional. He was on time (even a little early), he knew exactly what he was doing so I could focus on the other things I was doing, and everything went better than I could have dreamed of. I told him that my husband and I are his new "groupies" and we look forward to seeing him perform around town.

John was just the most gracious, warm, professional, and more importantly, the best musician I have ever seen. I can't say thank you enough. There were just NO glitches, great communication, affordability, and now we have hopefully made a new friend for life. Claudia Steinhauser/Albuquerque, NM

Sent on 07/16/2014
  • User3894051 · event on 12/14/2013

John did an excellent job at our company Holiday party. Very professional and sounded great! Would recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 02/10/2014

Andrea · Married on 09/21/2013

John's guitar music was the highlight of the evening! We originally told him to only play classical Spanish music, but farther into the evening gave him the go ahead to expand to appropriate vocals. We were so glad we did! His voice is beautiful and his guitar playing is exquisite! And he was extremely personable as well. We will definitely seek him out at other venues just to listen to him play!

Sent on 09/30/2013

Dominic · Married on 09/14/2013

John provided outstanding music and on very short notice.. He was punctual, professional and very polite.

Sent on 09/17/2013

Marty · event on 09/07/2013

John Martinez is arguably the finest guitarist and vocalist in ABQ. His repertoire including Classical, Flamenco, Jazz, Blues, Standards and straight up Rock 'n Roll is impressive and allows total flexibility in tailoring certain styles and genres to an audience both during the same event and in other events. He can play as a solo act or with any band in the area depending on the style of music required by the venue and audience. I have employed his services for many events of all types during the past four years. Musicians work easily with him...he can play as lead or rhythm and add vocals and harmony to enhance the musical experience as needed. I cannot recommend John highly enough for any event.

Sent on 09/12/2013
  • User3572322 · event on 08/30/2013

John did a great job and set a nice tone for our event. We were in a small restaurant, and he did a good job adapting to the space.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Annie · Married on 07/21/2013

Wow!!! I highly recommend John for any of your events. His talent is better than I have experienced in a long time. My daughters wedding had that true romantic feel. Several of the guests asked how they can get to book their events.

Sent on 09/23/2013

Joy · event on 02/02/2013

John was very professional and personable. His music selection and volume level was exactly what I had hoped for. His prices are reasonable, and the crowd really enjoyed interacting with him. HIghly recommended!

Sent on 09/23/2013

John did a great job playing for our ceremony. We saw his videos on GigMaster and fell in love with one his recommended processional songs "Winds of Change". John was quick to respond to our inquiries and made himself available for a phone audition. We also went to see him play live at a few restaurants, which was really fun. The guests at our wedding really enjoyed hearing him play as they waited for the ceremony to start. Having his acoustic guitar was the perfect touch to our New Mexico wedding in an adobe church.

Sent on 07/24/2014