John Garland DJ Services Reviews

View more information

1 User photo

Taylor B. Married on 06/04/2022

Best DJ of Charlottesville

My Jon and I simply LOVED John and his ability to mix together all our favorites into a dance party that only stopped when the lights turned on. It was an incredible night. Thank you John - Taylor & Jon Wengloski
    Joanne W. Married on 05/01/2022

Professional, accommodating and FUN!

John was very responsive leading up to the event. His expertise gave us things to think about that weren't on our radar. He gave us a sense of calm and confidence ahead of the wedding. At the reception he was very flexible and accommodating. Everyone loved the music and the dancefloor was full the whole night! He was so gracious and professional that he contributed to what we all keep saying was the perfect day!
    Kelly P. Married on 04/09/2022

Wedding at the Homestead

John did a great job as the DJ at our daughter’s wedding! He was a wonderful announcer and played a great selection of songs. We never had to ask him to adjust the volume or play different songs. He was very thorough prior to the wedding and made sure name pronunciations were correct and that we knew exactly what he would be doing throughout the night. I highly recommend him!
  • Dawn
    Dawn S. Married on 03/20/2022

Perfect Wedding Service

John was absolutely amazing to work with! We had a specific vision in mind for our music during the reception and he took every detail and made sure it all perfectly came to life. During our call the week before the wedding he made sure to walk me through every musical aspect of the night to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. I especially appreciated that when I didn't know what song to end our night with he was ready to offer me suggestions if I needed them, which I did. We danced the entire night. There was not a moment when the dance floor was empty. If you are looking for the perfect DJ, you cannot go wrong with John.
  • Christine
    Christine K. Married on 03/09/2022

Our dream wedding come true!

DJ John Garland is fantastic! We had vetted a few different DJ's when evaluating who would work our wedding and the moment we spoke with John, we immediately knew it was the right fit! From his personality to his genuine care about making it your night, it was the perfect fit! The music flowed all night and matched the vibe with the guests! All of our guests additionally loved his breath of music and dedication to the utilization of CDs. We HIGHLY recommend booking DJ Garland! He will even play some 90s jams for the groom to break out some break-dancing moves on the dance floor!
    Samantha S. Married on 12/31/2021

John Garland is an outstanding DJ!

From our first email communication with John Garland, my husband and I knew he was the perfect fit. He’s kind, professional, and amazing at what he does! John’s clear, timely, and effective communication made it easy for me to trust him as a vendor. Working with him was effortless and enjoyable—and he kept people on the dance floor late into the night! My husband and I have only the best things to say about John. We highly recommend him!
    Sg Married on 12/04/2021

Outstanding DJ

We were very pleased with John Garland. He got lots of people dancing through the entire night. Everyone had a super time!! We would highly recommend his DJ services!
    Meghan Married on 11/19/2021

Amazing!!!

John was awesome, and helped to make our night so special!
  • Ross
    Ross W. Married on 10/01/2021

Phenomenal DJ Every Step Of The Way

John was phenomenal. He provided clear instruction and guidance from the time we initially contact him up to the day of the wedding. We provided him with a list of songs requested by the quests prior to the wedding and he had everything on hand. He also received multiple requests throughout the night and made everything happen.

All of our guests loved the music played and the interactions that they had with John. He read the vibe of the night perfectly. The song transitions were flawless, he chimed in to make announcements when needed, had a great relationship with everyone he came in contact with, and worked with us throughout the wedding planning process to make sure everything went smoothly and that it was an amazing night. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a communicative, adaptive, responsive, hard working, and all around fun DJ. It was a pleasure working with him; being a bright spot in our wedding planning process!
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin N. Married on 09/18/2021

Top notch!

John was such a pleasure to work with during our recent wedding. He made things feel effortless for us, and has the perfect personality to guide guests and the bridal party through the events of the evening. John seemed to share a genuine happiness and enjoyment to be part of our wedding. We chose him as our DJ based on multiple friends/family who had nothing but positive remarks—about not only his work, but him as a person.
    Catherine Married on 09/05/2021

John is the BEST!!!

John Garland was amazing to work with! When we first reached out inquiring about his services for my wedding, he responded immediately and called me so that we could talk through details over the phone. I was so impressed by his professionalism and knew that I wanted to hire him for our wedding. He continued to work with us throughout the wedding planning process. We originally booked him for the reception only, but a few months before the wedding asked if we could also have him perform ceremony services and he was more than happy to do that for us. He consulted with us about what songs we wanted, but we had very few preferences so he put together the whole set list on his own. We got so many compliments on our playlist at the wedding reception, and we give all the credit to John because he was a true professional and already knew what songs would be crowdpleasers. 10 out of 10 for John! We can’t say enough great things!
    Kristen W. Married on 08/27/2021

Highly recommend working with John!

John was great to work with! He was extremely professional and very flexible. Not only is he very easy to work with he is such a genuine person. We were very happy to have him be a part of our wedding day. He did a lovely job with our ceremony music and introductions. He kept the party going on the dance floor all night! All of our guests loved him! I highly recommend working with him.
  • Andrea
    Andrea Y. Married on 10/25/2020

5/5, would 100% recommend!

John was SUPERB. He made sure to play our requested songs and people were on the dance floor all night. :) He also accommodated our requests for the ceremony and made sure to go over every detail with us. My mom LOVED that he included some of her favorite Latin songs, so that was another definite plus. Thanks for everything, John!!
  • Allison
    Allison F. Married on 07/11/2020

Awesome DJ

John was such a great person to have as part of our wedding! He did a fantastic job with intros/announcements and got everyone out on the dance floor! He is a great guy and so easy to work with.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer G. Married on 05/31/2020

John is wonderful!!

John was excellent throughout the entire process of working with him! We loved him the minute we got on the phone with him for the first time; he is friendly, upbeat and professional! Working with him was smooth and effortless. John kept the dance floor on fire all night, just the way we hoped!!! During my sister's maid of honor speech, she mentioned when my fiance sung "Be Out Guest" and won me over early on it dating, and John was right on cue with playing the song once her speech was over. It was hilarious! I liked John's professionalism, for instance how he handles guest's song requests that are on the do not play list. John had the perfect personality to guide the ceremony and reception. He genuinely was a joy to work with. We highly recommend him!
    Meagan S. Married on 11/16/2019

Incredible DJ!

John is the BEST!!! He’s so fun and friendly. We really wanted our reception to be lively and to have a lot of people dancing, and we couldn’t have had such a great night without him. We did an all oldies playlist (60s/70s/80s hits) and John did such an incredible job with it. So many people mentioned that they loved the music, and the dance floor was packed just about all night! We can’t recommend him enough!
  • Tara
    Tara Married on 10/18/2018

Great Entertainment

John did a great job feeling the crowd and kept the mood going all night.
    Erin Married on 10/05/2018
    John is the best DJ I’ve seen in the Charlottesville area! He was professional throughout the entire process and extremely helpful with suggestions on the timeline of the day and the songs in general. We gave him a specific list of songs we liked and he made it even better throughout our dinner and dancing!

He does a great job introducing wedding parties and couples, and we loved he fact that he uses CDs. Everyone was dancing all night long. You can’t go wrong with John!
  • Alyssa B.
    Alyssa Married on 04/23/2017
    John was a joy to work with and was open to all of our needs and did a wonderful job during the event. Everyone enjoyed the entertainment and everything was tasteful. We would suggest John for many kinds of events.
    Julia Married on 12/30/2016
    John Garland is a fantastic choice for a DJ, especially for a wedding reception, which is what I hired him for. I picked him for my reception on the strength of my venue’s recommendation and felt lucky he was available. I loved the fact that he still uses CDs since my family had a few songs (off of CDs) for the party. Mr. Garland cherry picked from our suggestions to add into the stuff he had prepared and set the perfect mood all night long (classical over dinner, 80’s/90’s dance on the open dance floor). I was impressed with his upbeat style, versatility, and affable personality. He was easy to work with, too. I appreciated his prompt responses, thorough nature, attention to detail, willingness to accommodate, and professionalism. The final result: my guests LOVED him. The dance floor was packed all night. Guests booed when he announced the shuttles would be leaving at the end of the night. A few guests even asked for his business card. What can I say? He was perfect.
    Kelsey Married on 05/28/2016
    Our coordinator recommended John, and we could not have been happier with the choice. John was incredibly thoughtful, kind, conscientious, and warm, and we were so lucky to have him as the cruise director of our party! He helped make all the transitions go super smoothly, kept our guests engaged, offered music suggestions when we asked, but was also extremely willing to let us guide the selections with our special tune choices! Thanks John for sharing our celebration with us!!
    Jessica Married on 05/21/2016
    We hired John Garland to be the DJ for our wedding and he was a true pleasure to work with. He is very easy to contact which made the whole process of selecting our music and coordinating logistics very smooth. John responded very quickly to all of our correspondences and he is extremely flexible. He is very detail oriented and made absolutely sure everyone was on the same page at all times. We never once were surprised by anything throughout the entire process. John is also an exceedingly experienced and talented DJ. He excels at reading crowds and playing appropriate music based on the mood. Once the dancing started at our wedding there was never a dull moment and when we finally had to end the evening many of our guests were disappointed that the music had to stop. The dance floor was full all night long, which is exactly what we wanted. John is also a terrific MC and he did a great job announcing the wedding party and making other miscellaneous announcements throughout the evening. He made sure to get phonetic spellings for all of the names he had to read well before-hand to ensure he would not mispronounce anything and he always spoke clearly through the microphone. He is very professional in everything he does and he has top notch, professional equipment and an expansive library of music. He had every single song we requested (and there were some not-so-common requests) and the system sounded terrific all evening. It was never too loud or too quiet and it was always crisp and clear. I would highly recommend John as a DJ for any event. Our experience was terrific!
  • User2426161 2+ years ago
    John was an awesome wedding DJ! We found him on the list of recommended vendors from our venue. He was very professional and very responsive to emails and calls. He set up a Skype session with me, so I could get to know him before the wedding since I didn't live locally. He kept in touch with me from the very beginning and did a great job requesting information and songs in a timely manner. There was only one email I thought he had missed right before the wedding and it turned out it got returned to me, so he never even got some information, but still managed to be perfect!! He played everything we wanted and kept everyone dancing and happy the whole night. He is very talented at what he does and there were no awkward songs, or points in the night where the dance floor was empty. He kept the party going from the cocktail hour until the sparkler exit! I would highly recommend John to anyone looking for a great DJ! Thanks John!!!
    Elise Married on 06/20/2015
    John was such a nice guy, very professional and great to work with! We had some issues on our wedding day... such as heavy rain, thunder, etc. Power went out and backup plans had to be made. John was on top of coming up with possible solutions to the problems. He kept things running smoothly. Not to mention, when the music finally started, it was awesome! It was so hot at the venue, but that didn't keep guests off the dance floor, thanks to John! He kept the music rolling and party flowing! I would definitely recommend John for your event! I will definitely use John as our DJ again if we are to have a large party!
    Kathryn Married on 06/05/2015
    John was my favorite teacher in high school, and with knowing he also had a DJ business, I immediately went to him for my wedding! He is definitely a music lover, and very knowledgeable about what genres and options would work best for your individual ceremony and reception. His contract is very detailed, to ensure that you get the music that you want for the traditional dances, and just for having fun in general. John is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and working with him was easy and enjoyable. There's no better DJ in Charlottesville!