John Garland Reviews

14 Reviews for John Garland

• Tara

Tara · Married on 10/18/2018

Great Entertainment

John did a great job feeling the crowd and kept the mood going all night.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Erin · Married on 10/05/2018

John is the best DJ I’ve seen in the Charlottesville area! He was professional throughout the entire process and extremely helpful with suggestions on the timeline of the day and the songs in general. We gave him a specific list of songs we liked and he made it even better throughout our dinner and dancing!

He does a great job introducing wedding parties and couples, and we loved he fact that he uses CDs. Everyone was dancing all night long. You can’t go wrong with John!

Sent on 10/10/2018
  • Alyssa B.

Alyssa · Married on 04/23/2017

John was a joy to work with and was open to all of our needs and did a wonderful job during the event. Everyone enjoyed the entertainment and everything was tasteful. We would suggest John for many kinds of events.

Sent on 04/26/2017

Julia · Married on 12/30/2016

John Garland is a fantastic choice for a DJ, especially for a wedding reception, which is what I hired him for. I picked him for my reception on the strength of my venue’s recommendation and felt lucky he was available. I loved the fact that he still uses CDs since my family had a few songs (off of CDs) for the party. Mr. Garland cherry picked from our suggestions to add into the stuff he had prepared and set the perfect mood all night long (classical over dinner, 80’s/90’s dance on the open dance floor). I was impressed with his upbeat style, versatility, and affable personality. He was easy to work with, too. I appreciated his prompt responses, thorough nature, attention to detail, willingness to accommodate, and professionalism. The final result: my guests LOVED him. The dance floor was packed all night. Guests booed when he announced the shuttles would be leaving at the end of the night. A few guests even asked for his business card. What can I say? He was perfect.

Sent on 02/09/2017

Kelsey · Married on 05/28/2016

Our coordinator recommended John, and we could not have been happier with the choice. John was incredibly thoughtful, kind, conscientious, and warm, and we were so lucky to have him as the cruise director of our party! He helped make all the transitions go super smoothly, kept our guests engaged, offered music suggestions when we asked, but was also extremely willing to let us guide the selections with our special tune choices! Thanks John for sharing our celebration with us!!

Sent on 09/08/2016

Jessica · Married on 05/21/2016

We hired John Garland to be the DJ for our wedding and he was a true pleasure to work with. He is very easy to contact which made the whole process of selecting our music and coordinating logistics very smooth. John responded very quickly to all of our correspondences and he is extremely flexible. He is very detail oriented and made absolutely sure everyone was on the same page at all times. We never once were surprised by anything throughout the entire process. John is also an exceedingly experienced and talented DJ. He excels at reading crowds and playing appropriate music based on the mood. Once the dancing started at our wedding there was never a dull moment and when we finally had to end the evening many of our guests were disappointed that the music had to stop. The dance floor was full all night long, which is exactly what we wanted. John is also a terrific MC and he did a great job announcing the wedding party and making other miscellaneous announcements throughout the evening. He made sure to get phonetic spellings for all of the names he had to read well before-hand to ensure he would not mispronounce anything and he always spoke clearly through the microphone. He is very professional in everything he does and he has top notch, professional equipment and an expansive library of music. He had every single song we requested (and there were some not-so-common requests) and the system sounded terrific all evening. It was never too loud or too quiet and it was always crisp and clear. I would highly recommend John as a DJ for any event. Our experience was terrific!

Sent on 06/08/2016

John was an awesome wedding DJ! We found him on the list of recommended vendors from our venue. He was very professional and very responsive to emails and calls. He set up a Skype session with me, so I could get to know him before the wedding since I didn't live locally. He kept in touch with me from the very beginning and did a great job requesting information and songs in a timely manner. There was only one email I thought he had missed right before the wedding and it turned out it got returned to me, so he never even got some information, but still managed to be perfect!! He played everything we wanted and kept everyone dancing and happy the whole night. He is very talented at what he does and there were no awkward songs, or points in the night where the dance floor was empty. He kept the party going from the cocktail hour until the sparkler exit! I would highly recommend John to anyone looking for a great DJ! Thanks John!!!

Sent on 11/14/2015

Elise · Married on 06/20/2015

John was such a nice guy, very professional and great to work with! We had some issues on our wedding day... such as heavy rain, thunder, etc. Power went out and backup plans had to be made. John was on top of coming up with possible solutions to the problems. He kept things running smoothly. Not to mention, when the music finally started, it was awesome! It was so hot at the venue, but that didn't keep guests off the dance floor, thanks to John! He kept the music rolling and party flowing! I would definitely recommend John for your event! I will definitely use John as our DJ again if we are to have a large party!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Kathryn · Married on 06/05/2015

John was my favorite teacher in high school, and with knowing he also had a DJ business, I immediately went to him for my wedding! He is definitely a music lover, and very knowledgeable about what genres and options would work best for your individual ceremony and reception. His contract is very detailed, to ensure that you get the music that you want for the traditional dances, and just for having fun in general. John is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and working with him was easy and enjoyable. There's no better DJ in Charlottesville!

Sent on 03/20/2016

Sophia · Married on 05/09/2015

We knew John was the DJ for us when he described himself as a music lover. He was very professional and flexible with our changes to the set list. He was always upbeat and positive in our interactions making us feel very comfortable. Though there were other activities at our outdoor wedding, I never stopped dancing the whole night because he kept the great songs coming, perfectly transitioning from early evening to late night dance songs. He even threw in a Frozen song for all the little girls, who absolutely had a blast!

Sent on 06/01/2015

Rosanne · Married on 11/09/2014

I couldn't have been happier with DJ Garland as my wedding DJ. My fiance and I are very anal about our music tastes, but John was happy to comply playing every single song we sent him via Dropbox. He kept the energy going and all of the guests dancing until the end of the reception (even my 100 year old grandmother)! My parents were very impressed with the song selection (hits that they knew) and my younger guests were very happy with the more modern songs. For a small fee, John Garland will also play the piano during cocktail hour! Our venue site had a grand piano which he tinkled the ivories like nobody's business! John is completely flexible no matter how hands on or off you want to be! I highly recommend him to everyone looking for a wedding DJ.

Sent on 11/12/2014

Maggie · Married on 10/19/2014

We could not have been happier with John Garland as our DJ. He did such a fantastic job creating a fun, relaxed atmosphere at our wedding, which is exactly what we wanted. We had a few specific songs we wanted to hear, and he did such an amazing job adhering to what we wanted while also keeping the energy up and playing crowd favorites! John did a great job sticking to our timeline while also being flexible when we inevitably got off schedule! We could not recommend his services more!

Sent on 11/04/2014

Mary · Married on 07/12/2014

Amazing DJ! He played what we asked and did a great job making sure the guests stayed happy. He made sure the songs we did NOT want were never played, which we were very thankful for :)

Sent on 08/19/2014

Crystal · Married on 05/04/2013

John did an amazing job DJing our wedding. He mixed up our playlist perfectly, added in songs to continue and was just a fun guy! Loved him!

Sent on 05/08/2013