John DeFiora Photography Reviews

John DeFiora Photography 5
John DeFiora Photography 6
John DeFiora Photography 7

Carla · Married on 06/15/2018

John is an amazing photographer, super fun to work with AND showed up hours in advance of the time he was due to be there just because "it's the day of the wedding, I can't wait at home!". He worked so very hard to capture every moment and then some.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Suzanne · Married on 06/01/2018

Not only is John an awesome human being outside of being a photographer, but his talent as a photographer is unrivaled and invaluable. He helped keep our wedding day low key and calm while ensuring that he had every detail of the day covered. Many of the special moments he captured could have easily been forgotten in the hustle and bustle of our wedding day but we now have photos that will last a lifetime to always remind us of how magical our wedding day was. John truly has a gift-- both as a photographer and a friend.

Sent on 06/17/2018
    John DeFiora Photography 14
    John DeFiora Photography 15
    John DeFiora Photography 16

Katie · Married on 08/26/2017

John photographed our wedding in California this August. He made it such a fun experience (and neither my family, husband, or I normally love getting our pictures taken) and captured such amazing moments. Yes he did all the standard photos, but he also did so so so much more. He caught amazing candids and moments between people, and he really captured the theme of the day - happiness. We have since received the photos (he got them back to us extremely quickly) and love them immensely. We could not have asked for a better person (made us laugh a ton and fit in great with our friends and family!), a better experience, or better photos/results. We recommend him to absolutely everyone. Thank you John for everything.

Sent on 12/01/2017

John DeFiora Photography's reply:

Thank you so much!

There is no one better than John! We hired John after hearing excellent reviews from a family friend. Within weeks of our engagement I called John and we instantly hit it off. He is such a friendly guy, and easy to talk to! Having our wedding at my parents house comes with its obstacles, but John was more than accommodating and had countless phone calls with my parents and I to make sure that we were making the "right decisions" and going to have excellent photos for our wedding day. He is always available to put your worries at ease, and is there to help you make your wedding perfect - he even recommended the videographer that we ended up going with (and we looked at a dozen).

When it came to our wedding day, it felt like I was greeting an old friend even though we had never met in person. I immediately felt comfortable with John and enjoyed his presence and fun-loving attitude throughout the day. He made me laugh just as much as our family and friends! He's a great guy and a fabulous photographer! He does whatever it takes, including laying on the ground in a suit to get "the perfect shot."

If you are down to have a great time with your vendors while enjoying the best day of your life, John is the guy for the job!!!

Sent on 07/06/2016

Best. Wedding. Photographer. Ever.

We hired John after seeing the incredible photos he took at our friends wedding last year, and even with their rave reviews he FAR exceeded our expectations. From the prior communications to the day of and after, John was prompt, professional, and knew exactly what to say to remove the stresses of such an important day! The main thing for myself and my husband was that our photos didn't look "posed" - John and his team made us feel so comfortable that we forgot we were taking pictures and just enjoyed the time together, and best of all - they came out absolutely perfect! I HIGHLY recommend John for your wedding photographer - he is simply the best!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

The most important vendor to both myself and my fiancé was our photographer – we knew that more than anything we wanted amazing photos and being type-A people we did insane amounts of research on photographers and met with a ton of extremely talented people. Before meeting with John I of course had scoured his website/blog and was blown away by his insanely creative, gorgeous, romantic, unique, photographs but after I met with him in person I knew 100% he was our guy. It wasn’t even a question between him & the others. It was important to me that our photographer would be able to handle our crazy families, and John did just that - it’s clear NOTHING phases John and he has the ability to keep you completely calm, keep things in order but also keep everyone laughing. John is one of the most hilarious human beings I have ever in my life met – and that shines through in our photos, because our smiles are totally natural and unforced. I have been in many weddings and usually taking pics is the worst part, but to be honest john and his awesome assistant made it one of the best – they had us laughing the entire time and it was like hanging out with your best friends. The shots they got were unreal and I was so blown away when we were sent our photos that I cried. I still cant stop looking at them, and each time I view them I notice something new and special about the pictures that I hadn’t seen before. The details are unbelievable. He captured moments that I will now be able to treasure forever – like my grandfather seeing me for the first time and us locking eyes, me crying while dancing with my father, me and my husband gazing lovingly into eachothers eyes when we thought no one was looking, our nieces and nephews being goofy, etc. – he pays attention to EVERYTHING. Picking john to photograph our wedding was the best decision we made and I am so happy that I will have these pictures to treasure forever and remember our day. Thank you so much John! -Danielle

Sent on 10/15/2015

Kim · event on 08/19/2015

John is an incredibly talented photographer passionate about his craft. We had the pleasure of doing an engagement photo session with him and he is fun to work with, making even the most nervous in front of the camera feel at ease. My fiance didn't even want a photographer for our wedding initially because of his unease in photos, and now he's excited about all of the moments being captured through photography because of John's work. The final product = outstanding! John captures moments and feelings which is evident to everyone that sees his work. The photos represent who we are as a couple and are not like other photos, they are uniquely "us." I wouldn't hesitate to recommend John!

Sent on 08/21/2015

John photographed my wedding on June 27, 2015. I absolutely love and adore John. I am so happy with my wedding pictures and cannot stop looking at them! John is extremely down to earth, professional, FUNNY and a pleasure to work with. We had some trouble with our limos and because of it, we actually had a half hour to take pictures instead of the expected two hours. John stayed calm and was still able to get me all of the shots I told him I wanted. He was able to direct my huge, crazy, Italian family and get them to do exactly what he needed. His creativity and passion is what really stood out to me at our first meeting. He captured the most special moments of my wedding day and I couldn't be happier with him. Did I mention it was pouring rain and we also had to navigate around that? My sister is using him for her wedding and my engaged friends are all asking me for his number. I highly recommend him and LOVE him!!

Sent on 07/08/2015

virginia · Married on 06/20/2015

John is the BEST! He is a seasoned photographer with a good eye. His style is versatile and he will capture the moment with the photos he takes! We are more than lucky to have him be our main photographer!! I am usually very picky with pictures and how i look..John made all of the pictures look so good. He was on point in capturing every single moment at my wedding that i cried every time i looked at the pictures. Not to mention he is funny, easy to work with with a big personality! We will defintely work with john again for any upcoming events. Thanks John!

Sent on 07/07/2015

TREVIS · Married on 06/20/2015

John and his team are fabulous! He will bring out all the memorable moments in your wedding including the moments you didn't even think about! All the photos are high quality and of utmost beauty and high caliber! I highly recommend him and his team! Don't choose anyone else!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Mike · Married on 05/02/2015

John has a gift that I was lucky enough to be a part of on my wedding day. He was able to find truly stunning artistic shots in the most unlikely places, which made our wedding day even more memorable.

I not only enjoyed John as a photographer, but as a guest at my wedding - he has a presence and sense of humor that brings even the most special of days to the next level.

John goes above and beyond for his clients and that little extra makes all the difference when you are trying to plan and execute the perfect wedding day - thank you John!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Mike · Married on 04/18/2015

I'm a wedding DJ so I've dealt with many photographers throughout my career. I hired John for my wedding back on April 18, 2015 and he was incredible. It's important to note that not only are his photos amazing, his personality is amazing which really made my wife and I comfortable on our big day. He knows how to keep everyone on schedule and prevented my wife from fainting on her wedding day by making sure she had something to eat while she was getting ready. He also likes cats.

Sent on 11/17/2015

Marissa & Jay · Married on 10/25/2014

John flew down to Mexico to take photos of us on our wedding day. He also took our engagement photos. He took the most amazing photos I've ever seen so quickly. He was very organized and captured all of the group photos that we asked for. He got all of our photos up on his blog before we even got to our honey moon. We are so grateful that he was able to be there with us on the most important day of our lives. It was so special. His sense of style is so refreshing and beautiful. I highly recommend John's services without question.

Sent on 11/03/2014

Aimee · Married on 10/04/2014

John was our main photographer filling in for Erin H. Photography. From the first day we met John at our engagement photo shoot, my husband and I knew we were in amazing hands (and that we loved him!). Simply put John is awesome. He is super funny and will have you laughing all day long! He is professional, organized, and very easy to work with. He always answers emails in a timely manner. John always found the best locations, best lighting, and captured every moment perfectly. Even when it was pouring (like raining sideways pouring) he was calm and reassured me everything will still be perfect – and he was right. John always had a plan, and was willing to change plans if needed.

Words can’t express how happy we are John was there to capture the most important day of our lives! My husband and I were (and continue to be) in awe looking through our wedding photos. John captured so much emotion in our pictures whether it was big smiles, happy tears, laughing, or dancing that we can truly relive our wedding day through the pictures. What my husband and I loved about John is that he didn’t shoot the traditional wedding photos – he thinks outside the box to get those romantic, classic, and fun pictures.

John has a true passion for photography and it is greatly reflected in his work. You will truly love every single one of your wedding photos if you have John capture your wedding day!

Sent on 11/04/2014

John is the best!! Him and his crew were such a blast to work with. They were so laid back and made everyone feel at ease. I had a large bridal party with 11 bridesmaids and 9 groomsmen and they were able to handle the large group and make sure that we still got individual pictures with everybody. I'm so happy with the way the pictures came out! There's a great variety of nice beautiful pictures and fun party pictures that make me laugh. He's fast too! We got all of our pictures in less than 2 weeks after the wedding. I definitely recommend booking John, you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 08/20/2014

Sarah · Married on 06/28/2014

John is the best! I couldn't have been more happy with the quality of photos that he produced, which is just the tip of the iceberg of awesomeness that he brought to our wedding.

John is hysterical and goes out of his way to make you laugh and feel comfortable in front of the camera - which is a great way to produce natural and happy photos. He is full of corny puns (this wedding is in-tents!) that you can't help but giggle at. It is so important to feel comfortable in front of the camera on your wedding day - it's not often that couples are in front of a professional photographer and I'm sure it can be quite awkward. But John made us feel completely natural.

John is excellent at producing unique and dynamic photos that don't appear staged or boring. When we were working with John for our engagement shoot and our wedding, he was constantly looking for interesting and unique opportunities. We stood in a field on a sunny day in a patch of sunlight coming through the tall trees above us, we posed in a dark corner of a stairwell, and he shot us while he put a tree branch in front of his camera - all setups resulting in really interesting and dynamic photos.

John took the time to get to know my husband and me and we clicked instantly. The entire photography process, from the engagement shoot, to the wedding, to the first sneak peaks of the photos, to receiving a beautiful box containing wine and all of our photos on thumb drives, was easy, comfortable, and extremely joyful.

Hire John!

Sent on 08/28/2014

Kelsey · Married on 05/31/2014

John photographed our wedding this past weekend at McLoones Pier House.... He is such a pleasure to work with....very funny, patient, knowledgable, creative, and talented! I would highly recommend John for your wedding photographer. We can't wait to see all of the pictures!!!!!!!

Sent on 06/03/2014

leah · Married on 05/17/2014

There are not even enough words in the English language to express what a pleasure it was to work with John on our wedding day. His work is beautiful, he has such a great eye and captures everything beautifully! I can relive the whole day through his photos, simply stunning! He is a blast to work with, he is laid back but at the same time he has a complete handle on everything, it was such a relief to have someone so easy to work with and a complete professional at the same time, I had zero worries about how things would turn out in John's hands. I would recommend him to any and everyone!

Sent on 05/26/2014

Bethany · Married on 03/29/2014

John is an amazing photographer! Every single picture he took was so beautiful and came out great. Not only are his pictures beautiful but it was so great working with him. He is funny, calm and makes you feel less stressed on a day that most brides are stressed on - he had us all laughing the entire time! He is also super super fast.. I got married on March 29th and on April 1st, John sent us a full link of all the pictures completely done. He is such a pleasure to work with and I would recommend him to anyone. I already have my bridesmaids claiming him as their photog once they get engaged! :) Best vendor I had that day!

Sent on 04/17/2014

amelia · Married on 03/15/2014

There is no measurement that can calculate the amount of awesomness John created for us on our wedding day. You can hand anyone a camera and they can point and shoot but it takes real talent to capture a moment that might otherwise gone unnoticed and forever keep that moment close to your heart. John is a true artist in that sense and is an absolute delight to work with. Highly recommend him for any event that you want to treasure for a lifetime.

Sent on 04/17/2014

Kristy · Married on 02/28/2014

I can't say enough about how amazing John is! He took so many amazing photos and made us feel calm cool and collected even with wedding chaos. John blended right in with our family and was able to capture intimate moments in addition to beautifully staged photos. As an amazing bonus, John turned our DIY photo booth into a uber fun photos shoot for everyone at the wedding. I have a photographer for life!

Sent on 05/18/2014

Carolyn · Married on 12/31/2013

John is a joy to work with! We did both our engagement photos and wedding photos with John and they were more beautiful than we could have imagined! John even calmed me down when I was running a few minutes behind and of course then scratched myself so I started bleeding and then freaking out about getting blood on my dress! We had so much fun the whole day and John seemed to capture all the emotions of the day in a natural way! You should definitely work with him if you can!

Sent on 03/27/2014

5 stars is not enough to express how happy I am that John DeFiora did the photography for our wedding! My Husband and I are a bit camera shy, but John made us feel so at ease from the beginning! Our wedding party also had the best time taking pictures with him and it shows in the photos! He has an amazing eye for the perfect locations and best lighting. He'll do whatever it takes to get the best shot!!! We have received so many compliments from friends and family as to how beautiful and original the pictures are! Choose him as your photographer! It will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding!!!

Sent on 11/14/2012

Stephanie · Married on 06/29/2012

I cannot even explain in words how amazing the photos were! Every single moment was captured from everyone's smile, tear, and laugh. He's not only a great friend but a professional. He knows how to have fun and make everything so memorable. The amounts of feedback I received from the wedding pictures were touching and made us realize how amazing our night truly was. My husband was shocked on how amazing the pictures came out and we honestly can't even pick a favorite! We loved every single one! Even through our outside ceremony in 100 degrees, he seemed to overcome the heat and get some of the most beautiful pictures we have ever seen without one single complaint. I could honestly say that if you pick John DeFiora for your photographer, without a doubt you won't be disappointed AT ALL. We love you John! I can't seem to thank you enough!

Sent on 07/13/2012

Patricia · Married on 04/14/2012

We searched VERY carefully before selecting a photographer and we chose well. We could not have been happier. John made the day extremely enjoyable. The pictures are fantastic. He is a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 05/11/2012