JOEROCKS ENTERTAINMENT Reviews

34 | Edinburg, TX

34 Reviews for JOEROCKS ENTERTAINMENT

Marcella · Married on 07/31/2010

This was the easiest vendor for us to choose because anyone that we asked highly recommended JoeRoxks. We wanted someone who could play a variety of music and possibly MC for the evening. Joe is so easy to work with and I love how simple he made my life by having an info sheet to fill in our do's and dont's as far as the type of music we wanted him to play. He did an outstanding job and was able to get everyone on the dance floor from the beginning. Friends and family were able to take memorable pictures and the little video footage we've seen looks awesome because everyone is dancing and having a great time!

Thank you for bringing the house down for us Joe, you definitely "Roxked" our wedding!

Isaac & Marcie

Sent on 12/02/2010

NIcole · Married on 04/05/2014

I had a wonderful time at my wedding and was able to dance to various genres of music throughout the night. I had many guests and family members compliment the music choices and the fact that they were able to dance not only to country, but Tejano, oldies and all the current hits! We had an awesome time thanks in part to a wonderful DJ!

Sent on 04/23/2014
  • O

Olga · event on 12/15/2012

We have had the privilege to work with DJ Joe Roxks for a few years now and he has not let us down. He provides recommendations that we may not have thought of and is trustworthy. Our staff always compliments Joe's ability to get the crown dancing!

Sent on 12/28/2012

JOEROCKS ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

As always, it is an honor. Thank you Olga and Happy Holidays!!!

Marelli · Married on 07/17/2010

DJ Roxks kept everyone entertained and on the dance floor. That's all that we asked and he came through, he even took requests and kept guests happy. No real complaints from me, did a great job.

Sent on 11/16/2010

Rosie · Married on 01/11/2014

Overall I enjoyed the service, however since my husband and I were so stressed that day. We forgot that the dj didn't provide the balloons at the end of the event like it was stated on the contract. However, I would still recommend his service.

Sent on 03/18/2014

3.8
      3.5

Great Dj, very professional! He was able to work with us and stayed in contact which was important because I was planning our wedding 15 hrs away from the valley.

Sent on 03/20/2014

3.8
      3.5
      3.0

I think they're should've been better access for requests. I understand the timeline and songs should be addressed before hand and scheduling and such, but when certain requests are made I believe there should be no problems with achieving those requests.

Sent on 01/10/2013

2.4
      2.0
      2.0
      2.5
      2.5

Joe was very unresponsive when we initially tried to book him. His services were part of a prize package we had won so we were trying to take advantage of that otherwise I would've booked elsewhere from the beginning.

I had asked to speak with him a few days before my wedding to review the rundown and go over name pronunciations for the reception. He ignored my text message and email and failed to return my call. The night of my wedding DURING MY RECEPTION he was trying to figure out the rundown and how to pronounce names for my wedding party's introduction. Because he neglected my email with the wedding rundown and name pronunciations, none of the songs I specifically requested for the dollar dance were played and I had to stop during one of my dances to tell him to change the song because I disliked the artist playing THAT MUCH.

I was also very disappointed with the quality of the photo booth prints. My husband and I work in graphic design and public relations so when he asked us for the exact size of our wedding logo to print on the photo strips we provided it precisely as he needed it. When I saw the photo booth strips that night the logo was stretched out and looked like someone didn't hold the shift key when resizing it, which for people in our profession was extremely embarrassing to show our guests because we know better.

Sent on 01/04/2013

maggie · Married on 10/03/2015

0.4
      0.5

He was the biggest disappointment to an otherwise perfect wedding. he had been given a playlist, which he totally ignored except for 3 songs. all he played was loud party music you would hear in a club. He also played raunchy music videos. this was suppose to be a classy social event. I AM Furious with him and would not recommend him to anyone.

Sent on 10/07/2015

JOEROCKS ENTERTAINMENT's reply:

Mrs. Alexander,

Good morning. I have received your message in regards to your daughters reception. I am sorry that you are disappointed with the services provided. My performance has many factors to a successful reception. One main factor is guest response. When starting the reception a variety of music is played to get a feel for response. Unfortunately the response at this reception was not normal. The few guests on the dance floor seemed to be the same ones through out the variety of music. It is at that time that I announce that requests are being taken so that I can also cater to the guests that are not dancing to the traditional playlist ( Hence that one song (deemed inappropriate) requested by a Mr. Gonzalez). As music is being played throughout the evening, the bride and groom requests are strategically placed so that the genres won't be mixed up. Once we have reached the last hour or so of the reception, a variety of top 40 is played to appease the bride and grooms age group. Once again, I am sorry about the way you feel toward my services. I always strive to perform to the best of my abilities, but please keep in mind the outcome is produced by a wide variety of variables. Candidly speaking, your opinion really affects my humble self. I wish your email reflected a positive review, much like all my others.

Regards