33 Reviews for Joan's Bridal Couture

Bridesmaids (1)
Veils (1)
33 Joan's Bridal Couture Reviews

0.7

Extremely disappointed. The dress I ordered was never shipped. No one at Joan's tried to contact me to inform me that dress was no longer available. I had to make several calls over the course of two weeks to find out. They promised to find a replacement. After another month passed I had to call again. This time it only took a week of calling to reach someone. I asked for a refund. And now here it is three weeks later and I am trying to get the status of my refund. Extremely UnProfessional. No emails ever get answered. No one answers their phone and when you leave a VM, no one ever returns your call. I don't see how they can have so many positive reviews.

Profile Picture Joseph, 10/27/18, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Roger!!! He was amazing! Thank you for all your hard work helping me with my vision. The wedding was beautiful. Everyone said it was classy. They liked that the ties and pocket squares matched the dresses. The suits were super comfortable. I have been promoting Joan's bridal couture to everyone. The attention to detail is outstanding. Thank you again.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture lindsay, 10/25/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Great place to buy a dress! The service was great. I found my bridesmaid dresses there!

Profile Picture Samantha, 6/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Everything about my experience at Joan's Bridal Couture was nothing but exceptional. She takes her time with you one on one to help you find dresses that fit your wants and style. She was very honest about her opinions of each dress and what was complimenting on me, and to me that's priceless. She wasn't just trying to push me and sell sell sell. The ambience of the whole bridal shop is so welcoming and bright. I loved my experience with her and loved my dress even more. It was the most stunning, unique dress I have ever seen and there was nothing but tears when I tried it on. It was custom ordered to fit my tiny stature and she did all the extra alterations herself, it was flawless. I loved how different her dress selection was compared to any other corporate bridal shop. I hands down recommend Joan's Bridal Couture. Thank you so much, Joan!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Do it!! Joan's service is exemplary! She is a professional and does excellent work!! I could not be more happy with my bridesmaid dress! It looks beautiful on me. Joan finished the dress way ahead of schedule. I will definitely use her services again.

Profile Picture Teneika, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Joan's work was wonderful, she transformed my store bought dress into the special look I was hoping for with just some minor alterations! Joan is warm and caring as well! I would highly recommend her !!!

Profile Picture Rose, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Joan is a doll! She is a joy to work with! I will be visiting again soon for my other daughters wedding gown!

Profile Picture Susie, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

I have never had to get a Tux before. I was apprehensive to say the least. I am glad that I walked into Joan's Bridal Couture.
They made the process easy. I got the Tux I wanted.
If you are looking for a Tux go to Joan's Bridal Couture!!!!

Profile Picture Seth, 5/20/17, 1 Review
4.7

I had a bridesmaid dress and wedding dress altered with Joan and she did a phenomenal job. Both dresses turned out perfect and Joan was so nice and fun to work with! Joan is truly gifted. Any date or time that I needed to make an appointment, she always made it work. Highly recommend Joan's Bridal Couture!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 12/10/16, 6 Reviews
0.5

WORST experience EVER !!!!!!My only sons/child wedding pictures were RUINED when she left the undercovering LONGER than the dress itself. I will discourage EVERYONE I know to go there!!! SO UPSET WITH HER !!!!!!! I wasn't even offered a refund ! Which should have happened !!

Profile Picture Connie, 12/9/16, 1 Review
4.7

Joan was very easy to work with and really listened to what I was looking for. I didn't have a big budget for my dress, but still gave me lots of options. Her knowledge of construction was incredible and after just one fitting my dress fit PERFECT and I was able to take it home earlier than anticipated.

Profile Picture User7329216, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Joan and her staff assisted me with a beautiful gown on my wedding day. I live in Maryland and the dress came on time and it looks amazing. Thank you again.

Profile Picture Janeice, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Joan's Bridal Couture is definitely the place to go if you want someone who is an expert at what she does. If you can't find it in the store, Joan can definitely custom make it for you. She is very knowledgeable with the different fabrics. Once you walk into Joan's Bridal Couture, you don't have to go anywhere else, it's definitely a "One Stop Shop" for everything you need for your wedding, prom or that special dress for a social event.

Profile Picture User7311505, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire, Favors & Gifts, Invitations

My wedding party and I rented our tuxedos through Joan's Bridal Couture. Joan and Roger were extremely helpful in going through every detail to make sure the tuxedos were exactly as we wanted them. The price was maybe a little higher than the typical strip-mall tux shop, but it was well worth it considering the bigger selection and the level of service. We were able to choose the exact shade of grey we wanted for the tuxes, the fit, the style and color of shirt, the exact shade of vest/tie to match our wedding colors, etc. It was easy for my out-of-town groomsmen to handle measurements/payment over the phone, which was a big help. The tuxedos arrived early enough in the week of the wedding to allow for everyone to make sure everything fit properly. Joan and Roger were extremely helpful with fittings and the few adjustments that were needed were handled without any stress. I would definitely recommend Joan's Bridal Couture to anyone who doesn't want to get stuck with just 3 or 4 tuxedo options, and anyone who is looking for a personal level of customer service and attention to detail.

Profile Picture Mary, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Joan's Bridal store is AMAZING! After going to David's and feeling like I was just another person in the store, I went to Joan's. Joan and her employees made me feel like a BRIDE! All my girls were able to come and we had our own room so I wasn't around a bunch of strangers trying on dresses. She was so attentive and gave me options to make the dress I picked even more perfect. I had planned my wedding within 6 months, and Joan was able to alter my dress withing 2 weeks of shipping to have it perfect my wedding. I also got all my girls bridesmaid dresses and flower girl dress from her and she fit them all! We looked amazing!! Joan even saved me last minute with my wrinkly rehearsal dress that I had ordered online. She steamed it so I looked perfect. Joan and her staff are so comforting and not only made me feel special as the bride but as a friend as well. I would recommend her to any Bride!! She will make you feel and look like the Bride you've always dreamed about!

Profile Picture Nikki, 7/8/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Joan and her husband Roger not only helped me with my dress, but my sister's as well. I had bought my dress from David's Bridal (ugh) so instead of returning to that dress warehouse, I went to Joan and had her add cap sleeves, the veil and a sparkly belt. She knew EXACTLY what would work with my dress and immediately had the items in hand for me to look at them during both my appointments.

She also took care of my bridesmaid dresses.... Keep in mind she does order the dresses to be shipped a few weeks before the wedding SO if you are coming from out of town you might want to consider having her ship dresses to your bridesmaids' houses instead of to the store.

Profile Picture User5263031, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridesmaids, Mother of Groom, Veils

I went to David's Bridal twice looking for bridesmaid dresses and both times were terrible experiences! I showed up without an appointment on a Saturday during prom season with all five of my bridesmaids and my mom and they still helped us, despite having other appointments! They were very nice, professional and helpful, even though they were very busy. I did not buy my wedding dress here, so I can't comment on that, but I would definitely recommend going to Joan's Bridal Couture for bridesmaid dresses. I gave a 4 on responsiveness because my maid of honor said she called multiple times to set up an appointment to pick up her dress and have it altered, but they never returned her calls.

Profile Picture nicole, 10/11/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Joan & her husband Roger have been so wonderful!! They helped me select the gown of my dreams, plus as a bonus it's a designer gown that was on sale! They are very personable and make the dress experience a fun one for sure! I am very happy to have them dressing me and my bridesmaids as well! Definitely highly recommend Joan's Bridal!

Profile Picture User2529925, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I'm not one who tends to feel particularly attractive, but the wedding dress I chose at Joan's Bridal Couture made me feel absolutely beautiful (and all night at the wedding I was getting compliments from EVERYONE about the dress). I had stopped in Joan's shop on a whim with a couple of out-of-town friends nearly a year before our wedding, but I wasn't expecting to find anything because I had already struck out at several other bridal shops in the Columbus area and had resigned myself to the fact that I would never find something I liked. in less than half an hour at Joan's, I found my dress! It sounds cliche, but when I put the dress on, I knew it was "the one." It just felt right. Imagine how happy I was to find that it was also way under what I had budgeted!!! She also found the perfect veil to match my dress and the jewelry I planned to wear.

Joan was an absolute pleasure to work with and she really takes the time to get to know her brides and make them feel special and beautiful. She was always so personable at each appointment.

Thank you Joan for making me feel like the most beautiful bride on my wedding day this weekend (something I never thought I would feel!)

Profile Picture Kristin, 10/5/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

My daughter wanted a special dress for her senior prom. We weren't having much luck with stores in Columbus. I found Joan's on the internet and we drove to Reynoldsburg. Joan's had a beautiful selection of dresses! Joan and her husband were so friendly and helpful. My daughter felt truly special! Over all we couldnt be happier!

Profile Picture User3239969, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Joan at Joan's Bridal Couture saved my wedding! My dress arrived a bit too small in the bust area and she completely reconstructed the top of the gown (which was lace) to be more modest and cover my chest more appropriately. She hand crocheted the lace for hours to tie everything together. My dress, an Venice lace and English net gown, was very delicate and I trusted her completely to fix it to fit my body perfectly.

Although her dress inventory is limited, go in to see her and check out what she does have...you may be surprised. I found my gown at another, more expensive store, and ordered it through Joan at a huge cost-savings. Joan also bustled, steamed, bagged the dress for free (other places charge you for all of this). Joan was wonderful! She is funny, sweet, calming (which is a big deal to a nervous bride!), and extremely talented at her craft! She did not charge us an arm and a leg for such major alterations and the dress fit like a glove. Thank you, Joan, for making me a happy bride and my husband so appreciative of your fantastic work! (He LOVED the gown!)

Profile Picture Beth , 2/9/13, 12 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Love, love, love Joan's Bridal and will recommend them to everyone!! Everyone there is so nice and friendly. Joan made me feel like I was the only bride in town. My dress was gorgeous and very reasonably priced. We even had a very last minute alteration situation for one of my girls and Joan took it right in stride and saved the day. I am so glad I decided to get both my dress and the girls dresses at Joan's...you can't beat the personalized service you will get there compared to the bigger chains that make you feel like "just another bride."

Profile Picture Erin, 1/14/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire, Invitations

Joan I must say that not only did you go above and beyond as a Bridal designer and Bridal store Owner. But you also went above and beyond as an amazing individual! Wedding day and days leading, can have unexpected detours and surprises. However in the end it is not all the sudden changes that makes a difference in how things turn out in the end, instead how those unexpected surprises are handled. The way you exhibited your kindness and expertise will forever be appreciated with far more gratitude than my words could express! Not only did you help design the perfect dress but you also help with adding special and finishing touches to my bridal gown along with my flowers girls and family member’s dresses. And to add more smiles to my joy, despite of not having time on our side you personally delivered the dresses to the hotel ( New York bride married in Columbus Ohio) to insure that everything will be perfect on my wedding day. I could never thank you enough for all you have done!!!! That’s why for every special event including my engagement party, and wedding rehearsal dinner, I could only come to Joan’s Bridal Couture to guarantee that I will look fabulous!!!! Thank you for the bottom of my heart, from your fellow New Yorker friend!!!! LOVE YA!!!

New York Bride Jazz

Profile Picture Yasmin, 10/15/11, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire

Joan from Joan's Bridal Couture is a really special find. I purchased my bridal gown at David's Bridal and like most brides I have spoken to had a horrible experience. I was treated like a sheep as I was huddled through the store to pick different gowns without any consultants assistance. We were kept waiting for 45 minutes only to be ignored once we had a room. We made an appointment weeks before. They sold me the dress and the underskirt. They gave me the wrong size underskirt and refused to refund me once it was out of the bag so I had to pay another $65 for the RIGHT size. Fed up and not wanting to walk back into the store I found the Wedding Plantation. Talk about a difference. They were responsive and we had our own person who made suggestions and followed us around taking bridesmaid dresses off the rack and even pulling dresses we may have passed over but were the same type of dress. We narrowed it down to three dresses and went home really happy. Unfortunately during my online searches I found the PERFECT bridesmaid dress and it was not a designer that the Wedding Plantation carried. The girls there were so nice and caring that they called all over the city to find who carried the dress. It came down to another David's Bridal clone and Joan's Bridal Couture. We were done with the large bridal store and decided to give Joan's a try. I don't think I could have made a better decision. Joan was sweet and immediately set me up with an appointment to come see the dress in person and had the right size for my maid of honor. She is a lovely person with a great sense of humor and infinite patience. We were so happy we ordered all 6 of our bridesmaid dresses, our 2 junior bridesmaid dresses and a flower girl dress from her. She helped us with all our needs during the middle of prom season which flooded her store with teenagers. She just moved right along with a positive attitude and her measuring tape. It took less than 5 minutes per girl to get measured and less than a week to have all of their alterations finished. She even handled my alterations on my gown and steamed both the veil and the dress for practically nothing. If you want a personal experience with a wedding professional that truly shines, please call Joan. She will get you the gown of your dreams and provide the customer service you would hope to find at the big stores but is sadly missing.

Profile Picture Jackie, 8/20/11, 11 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I only had to have one fitting for my wedding dress! I was freaking out because my work was sending me out of town two weeks before my wedding and had only one fitting, but when I went for what i thought would be another fitting, the dress was done and fit like a glove! I love it and love that she when she said it would be done, she really did mean it would be done!

Profile Picture Emily, 5/28/11, 1 Review