Joanne Vandal Photography Reviews

83 | East Windsor, CT

83 Reviews for Joanne Vandal Photography

• Jillian

Jillian Hogan · Married on 07/11/2020

Joanne was the best, accommodating, flexible, kind and supportive.

Joanne was great to work with and it truly felt she was very invested in us as a couple and really cared about our story and capturing our day. She thought of things that we might not have and that was super helpful. Even with changing plans due to COVID she stood by us without hesitation and adjusted to what we were doing. I am so thankful for all she did for our day and the pictures were amazing too!!!

Sent on 08/05/2020
  • Kaylee

Kaylee Byram · Married on 10/19/2019

Lovely and Wonderful to Work With

Joanne was an absolute delight to work with. She's such a sweetheart, and was able to take our unrefined ideas and flesh them out. She had tons of great suggestions for photo shoot locations and poses. We were thrilled with our llama walk engagement photos, our first look photos at Topsmead, and our wedding day shots - absolutely breathtaking. We couldn't be happier. She and her partners work really well together, the shoots went really smoothly. If we had interest in getting a particular photo, she was able to run with it and capture exactly what we had in mind. Can't talk her up enough, thank you for everything, Joanne!

Sent on 02/01/2020

Joanne Vandal Photography's reply:

Thank you Kaylee and Chris, you guys were amazing, super laid back and so much fun! It was a pleasure to work with you on both your engagement and wedding.
  • Bre

Bre Arcelaschi · Married on 10/12/2019

We love Jo!!!

Everyone loved how involved our photographers were, both Jo and Andrea!
    So fun and upbeat. We had a more relaxed wedding vibe and they tagged right along capturing every moment. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/21/2019
  • Z

Zachary Gosselin · Married on 09/08/2019

Exceptional, Professional, The Perfect Possible Scenario

There are people throughout this experience that claim that they are going to "be there for you" and help you with the "tough to answer questions" and say that they are willing to do "whatever they can" to make your day as special as can be. Many people claim this, but Joanne truly embodied this ideal and made my wedding day, the best day of my life. The humor, the calming presence, the sincerity and the knowledge that Joanne brought throughout the entire wedding process with my wife and I was above and beyond what anyone could've asked for.

Sent on 02/06/2020

Thanks Zach,
    You and Taylor made my job easy! It was a lot of fun capturing your wedding day and your engagement session, Im so glad you love your images. Give Larry a big hug from me!
  • User4203395 · 1+ year ago

Joanne Vandal was a wondeful photographer. She captured the most magnificent engagement photos and wedding photos for my
    Husband and I. Not only was she patient and kind, she has such a positive attitude and had everyone smiling and laughing thoughout both shoots. My husband is very shy and not one for taking many photos, but you would never know this in the pictures Joanne took. Because of her fun personality my husband and I were smiling and enjoying ourselves the entire shoot and each picture looks very natural, while capturing our true love for one another. I would recommend Joanne to anyone. She is a brilliant, professional photographer and I am so happy with the work she did for us on the happiest day of our lives!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Colleen Semanie · Married on 08/09/2019

Absolutely Incredible!

Joanne was the photographer for my daughters August wedding and she was AMAZING! She was so professional and much fun to have with us on our daughters special day and it truly shows in the pictures. They are absolutely the most beautiful pictures that I have ever seen and I couldn’t be happier. Joanne is so talented and just captures the best in everyone. She is a true artist!

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie Drahos · Married on 06/29/2019

Wonderful experience, beautiful pictures

Joanne was a pleasure to work with and the photos were fantastic. Her creativity helped capture our wedding better than we imagined. We received the final digital copies very promptly and they were easy to download. I highly recommend her.

Sent on 07/29/2019

Matt Mcleish · Married on 09/15/2018

Fun and proffesional wedding

Joanne did a fantastic job for our wedding. We were very happy with the quality of photos and her professionalism. She was very easy to work with and made the whole event a fun and enjoyable experience.

Sent on 12/12/2018

Stephanie · Married on 09/08/2018

Joanne was absolutely wonderful!

Working with Joanne for our wedding was a dream! We loved that her packaged included an engagement shoot. It allowed us to get to know her and help us feel more comfortable in front of the camera. Even my husband who hates to have his picture taken had a blast that day. Of course the pictures turned out amazing as well. The pictures from the wedding day were even better. She has a natural eye and we loved that she was able to come up with unique poses right on the spot. She really gets to know every couple and allows their personality to shine through in the pictures. The whole process was fun and stress free thanks to her. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Joanne Vandal Photography's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie. Your wedding day was amazing, fun and beautiful. I'm so glad you loved your images. Thank you for having me capture your big day!

Erin · Married on 08/03/2018

Joanne was beyond attentive to us from start to finish. She put us both at ease during the planning process and while we were taking our photos. She has a great eye for photography and all of our pictures from the engagement shoot and wedding were absolutely amazing. We would highly recommend working with Joanne for your wedding!

Sent on 08/25/2018

Angela · Married on 07/28/2018

Joanne is an amazing photographer! We have used her for everything from our engagement pictures to our wedding pictures to our pictures with our first fur baby! She made us feel comfortable and got to know us and our personality to get the perfect shots! We will definitely be using her to capture every milestone this life brings us!

Sent on 10/04/2018

Joe · Married on 07/28/2018

Joanne perfectly captured every special moment of our daughter's Wedding day. She put us all at ease and made sure we all looked our best! Not an easy task with this group!
    Thank to her talents we have pictures we will cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Morgan · Married on 07/15/2018

The minute my now-husband and I met Joanne, we felt completely at ease and that she was really listening to what was most important to us. This occurred during the 1-hr on-site meeting she includes in her packages, which was a large part of why we chose her. We walked through the entire plan for the wedding day and left feeling like old friends. She took my frenzied lists and created a calm, cool, and relaxed atmosphere on the day-of where she made sure to capture everything we wanted, all the while making the whole wedding party feel like supermodels. Her photos incorporated details of the venue as well as sentimental aspects we specifically asked for, creating an overall gorgeous and uniquely memorable album of photos. We cannot recommend her enough and would hire her again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/07/2018

Holly · Married on 07/08/2018

Joanne Vandal Photography helped make our wedding day perfect. From the start, Joanne made sure to thoroughly understand exactly what we wanted for our wedding. Joanne made those dreams a reality. Through personable customer service and flexibility, Joanne took much of the wedding planning pressure off of us and helped to ensure the ideal wedding day. We would highly recommend her!

Sent on 09/16/2018

Hannah · Married on 07/06/2018

Joanne was fantastic! Our wedding pictures came out beautifully, and the moments she captured were perfect. We were both a little nervous because we really hadn't taken many professional photos, but Joanne was able to direct us into poses that were natural. Her eye for lighting, background, and utilizing space was very noticeable in our outdoor shots, and the finished photos were perfectly edited (not overdone). She was a joy to work with, and made the whole process stress-free, organized, and efficient. Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Krystal · Married on 06/30/2018

I had the pleasure of working with Joanne closely in the beginning of my wedding planning stages I couldn't imagine working with anyone else! Joanne was by far the easiest and most knowledgeable person when it came to planning timelines and how we would get the best photos she also was extremely accommodating with our difficult schedules and super responsive to our questions. I loved Joannes sheer raw talent her photos captured of our day which drew me into meeting her initially. Her photos are not photoshopped and fake instead they captured the moments and we feel like we're are then when we look back. It was so nice to be surprised in the moments she captured and the sheer details she thought of due to her artistic style. When you meet Joanne you feel like she's family and someone you have known your entire life her personality helps you feel comfortable on letting her in to a very intimate day of your life. Also, her prices were cost effective and surpass the work she does! We look forward to working with Joanne in the future for any of our future portrait needs my family and guests also raved about how great she was to work with! I forgot to add the turn around time for our photos Joanne didn't even take 4 weeks to produce them which is extremely fast!!

Sent on 07/28/2018

Joanne Vandal Photography's reply:

Thank you Krystal! You and Brad were amazing and easy going to work with. All your planning paid off, I loved all the details at the venue that you brought in! I wish you guys all the best and PLEASE stay in touch!!!

Joanne

Lisa · Married on 06/16/2018

I can't say enough good things about working with Joanne! What initially drew me to Joanne the most is that she takes breathtaking photos without all of the "smoke and mirrors" that some other photographers use; she just makes you look good naturally, no over-airbrushing or crazy filters, just REAL photography talent. We used Joanne for both our engagement and wedding photography. She has such a knack for figuring out a couple's "style" and incorporating it into her work. I wouldn't consider ourselves people who are particularly comfortable in front of a camera, but Joanne made it so easy and fun! Joanne pays attention to every detail and will bend over backwards (sometimes almost literally) to get the photos you want. Joannes pricing is very reasonable and I consider her photos to be on par or better than some of the photographers who charge twice as much or more. If you want incredible, affordable, and just all-around amazing photos, you should give Joanne a call!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Brooke · Married on 11/04/2017

My husband and I used Joanne Vandal for our wedding on 11/4/17 and she was fantastic for the entire event, as well as very helpful and accommodating! She made the whole process easy for beginning to end, especially since we planned our wedding from long distance. Her prices are very reasonable and you will receive quality pictures. We love the pictures she took from our wedding day and would highly recommend her to everyone!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Sarah · Married on 10/07/2017

Joanne was so helpful in finding a location that would make our engagement pictures beautiful. My fiance and I felt so comfortable and relaxed while working with Joanne. I appreciated her honesty and attention to detail.

Sent on 01/08/2017

Camille · Married on 09/30/2017

Joanne was absolutely wonderful! Aside from being a fantastic photographer, she is flexible, creative, and was very receptive to our ideas. We did not have a videographer for our wedding, but do not feel like we missed out because our wedding pictures captured our day perfectly.

Sent on 12/23/2017

Marisa · Married on 09/23/2017

Joanne and her colleague Tanya were very helpful and made us feel comfortable for every picture to make sure they captured every moment. Every time we look at the first look pictures it brings us back to the most perfect moment of the day that Zack and I shared together. Our photos came out BEAUTIFUL and we are so happy with the results of our wedding day pictures. Thank you so much for everything!

Sent on 12/15/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/22/2017

Joanne is an amazingly talented and fun photographer, and was an absolute pleasure to work with! My, now husband, and I planned our CT wedding while living in CO so it was very important to find someone who was responsive and accommodating to all our requests. Joanne made sure that we had several phone encounters along with tons of communication through email to ensure we had a timeline in place for our wedding day. The best part of it all was we just had to show up! She kept things organized and professional and made sure that every detail and all of our needs were captured. Fast forward 3 weeks (talk about fast) and our pictures are everything we hoped for and more, simply beautiful! We could not be happier and definitely recommend Joanne to anyone who may be looking for a photographer.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Kenda · Married on 09/09/2017

Joanne was professional easy going and a great photographer! I would highly recommend her. She was a pleasure to work with and had great ideas for photo shots. She was very patient with the younger children and they loved her. My husband and I couldn't have been happier with the photo shots! I would use her in the future for any activities I'd like photographs from. I hope you give her a try, you won't be disappointed. Thank you Joanne for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 04/03/2018

Sheri · Married on 08/26/2017

Thank you so much for the wonderful job you did at our wedding! You made everyone so comfortable on the day of the wedding-including the groom which I thought would be impossible! You truly captured the most amazing shots-they were all perfect. We are able to relive our wedding day over and over by looking through our photos and that, in itself, is the biggest gift we could ever ask for. Thank you again for helping to make our wedding so special. ??

Sent on 09/25/2018

Krissy · Married on 08/19/2017

Joanne was such a wonderful photographer. She was very responsive when reaching out to her about pricing and setting up time to talk about our ideas. I had a list of photos that I wanted to make sure Joanne captured during the day and she was able to capture all of them (and more!). Her pricing is very reasonable and she is very very flexible with schedules and timelines. She was able to get all my pictures back to me within 4 weeks and even expedited the process since I wanted to use my photos in my thank you notes to my guests. The pictures were beautiful and she had a great eye for awesome pictures! I would highly recommend Joanne for your wedding photographer!

Sent on 09/19/2017