98 Reviews for JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency

Makeup Trial (4)
Licensed (1)
Hair Extensions (1)
98 JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency Reviews

I was the most anxious about booking a makeup/hair person since 95% of the time I wear no makeup and my hair is a bun. JoAnn made me feel comfortable and made me and my bridal party look amazing. JoAnn listened to what I wanted but also tbh I did not know what I wanted, so was able to guide me into my best bridal look. My girls are all also now JoAnn believers- don't think twice about booking her!

Profile Picture Cristina, 6/30/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

I booked JoAnn to do makeup and hair for me and my mom on my wedding day. I was extremely happy with Joann's work and her work ethics. Both on the day of trial and the wedding she arrived few minutes before time and got to work right away. Since I am someone with minimal knowledge or experience with makeup I was quite apprehensive about who I hire for my big day. Joann was really good with understanding my vision and translating it into the look I wanted. She knew exactly how to work with my mom's thin hair and completely transformed her look. She also accommodated my mother in law at the last minute since we had enough time left before the ceremony. She is very nice to talk to and loves what she does. Her rates also are very affordable by new york standards. Thanks Joann for your hard work, positive energy and for making us look good.

Profile Picture Priyanka, 6/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Updos/Styling

JoAnn is fantastic at her job and is very detail oriented. She has great energy and I am so please I found her! Hair and makeup on point!

Profile Picture Daniela, 6/23/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, On-Site Makeup, Blowouts, Textured Styling

JoAnn was wonderful to work with and I would recommend her to any bride! She is incredibly talented and goes above and beyond to make you look and feel beautiful. My bridal party, my mom and my mother in law could not stop raving about JoAnn and her team. They made all of us (in a large range of ages, skin types and hair types) look amazing and the make-up and hair held the entire day; plus they had us laughing the entire time! I really appreciated how quickly JoAnn responded to all of my questions and how detail-oriented she was.

Profile Picture Amanda, 6/9/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I am so thankful for JoAnn and her team for lifting my wedding to the next level. The makeup for my entire bridal party including mother, mother in law and grandmother were all on point!! She truly enhanced their beauty.
She did my makeup and hair. As a fellow naturalista, I wanted to celebrate in my natural hair and I am so grateful that I found JoAnn. Through Pinterest and google images, I was able to get an idea of how I wanted my hair and makeup to look. JoAnn listened and created a flawless look. I received so many compliments during my wedding day and I could not have been happier with how I looked. JoAnn is such a sweetheart and knows what she is doing; truly professional. I highly recommend JoAnn!!!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is a consumate professional! She arrived exactly on time and ready to work! As a beauty industry vet, she is highly skilled and was able to interpret the style I was looking for and execute quickly. She was also able to recommend products for my hair type, as well as a plan for the big day (hair washed vs unwashed). I would definitely recommend her services to any bride that seeks a classic, flawless look!

Profile Picture Lyz, 5/8/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I booked JoAnn for my bridal shower and wedding for both hair & make up. She did a wonderful job for both events. She is really good at knowing what to do just based off your personality and look. I don't wear a lot of makeup so I wasn't sure what I wanted but I was always more than pleased with the results she gave. On top of her being confident in her work and executing a flawless look, she is a wonderful person to be around and is easy to talk to. She gives off such positive energy and on the day of my wedding I truly needed it. I enjoyed working with her and would recommend her to any/all.

Profile Picture astrid, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

I contacted JoAnn to do my hair & makeup for my wedding, after I was unhappy with my initial trial with another vendor. I was nervous and feeling anxious that I wouldn't feel great on my big day. Enter JoAnn, who really listened to what I wanted (natural, soft, classic makeup with a low, flattering and sophisticated updo) and my concerns, and executed beautifully. You can tell that JoAnn is highly attentive and detail oriented, and she makes sure that she genuinely considers your personality and preferences, and doesn't just give her clients all the same "generic bride", overdone look. Thanks to JoAnn, I felt fabulous on my wedding day, and am still receiving compliments. Even my photographer (who sees professional makeup every day) said JoAnn's work was really impressive. She is also a lot of fun to be around, and kept me and my friends laughing all morning! If you have the opportunity to book JoAnn, I would highly recommend!

Profile Picture Caroline, 4/21/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is the type of person you would just be happy to have around you on your wedding day. She was a complete pro with my hair and makeup, but she was also warm and lovely and made everyone around her feel at ease. She does her best to get you what you want and was so responsive to all my questions. Thank you JoAnn! You are amazing!

Profile Picture Cindy, 4/19/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had such a great experience with JoAnn. I was left without a makeup and hair artist with only a few weeks till my wedding, and JoAnn helped ease my nerves immediately! She was super responsive, understanding, and was able to fit me in for a trial quickly too (since time was of the essence in my case). As an artist, JoAnn uses high end products and doesn't skimp on quality. You can tell how scrupulously clean she is and takes great pride in her work. As a person, she was lovely to talk to, she can seriously chat about anything to anyone. I was super pleased with both my trial and wedding, and all my guests kept commenting on how beautiful I looked. My skin was flawless and although you could see I had makeup on, it still looked like me (but better) which made me feel more comfortable (my style is minimalist). My hair and makeup stayed ALL day - not an easy task to keep curls in place with heavy, Asian hair. Definitely recommend!

Profile Picture allison, 3/24/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Finding a hair and makeup artist in New York can be super overwhelming and stressful. I put my trust in JoAnn and I am so glad I did. I really am! She was super quick to respond to my calls and emails and answer any questions I had. I sent her a few pictures of hair and makeup ideas/inspiration. She arrived on time and perfectly achieved the look that I had imagined. She is so personable and a perfectionist. I was glowing, I felt amazing. It really showed in the photos. I highly recommend JoAnn and will use her again.

Profile Picture Anne, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is seriously a bride whisperer. Or family of the bride whisperer I should say. Amidst the chaos that is the wedding day, she not only delivered amazing hairstyles for myself and my mom/sisters/flower girls (not an easy task) but she blends in so seamlessly you'd hardly know she was there! Even after hours on her feet, she's patient and works with each client and personality to understand what they want and works with you until it's perfect! Would 100% recommend for weddings or other special occasions.

Profile Picture Andrea, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had only 6 months to plan my wedding and somehow JoAnn was still available for our super popular October wedding date. We had a trial back in May 2017 and I knew from the moment she walked into my apartment, I was going to book her. She wasn't the typical wedding makeup/hair stylist who wanted to charge a ton for not-so-wonderful results. JoAnn was knowledgeable, impressive, and used only top of the line products. I am the pickiest person when it comes to my makeup, and she was more than patient with me when I wanted things changed during the trial. In the end I was so beyond happy with how I looked, I ended my search and booked JoAnn immediately.

Leading up to the wedding day, JoAnn was there for me whenever I needed to bother her with questions or concerns. On the big day, she was right on time, and we had an absolute blast getting ready. It was just my sister and my best friend (not a huge wedding party), and they absolutely loved how she transformed them for the wedding day. I myself felt flawless and got a million compliments. My hair and makeup literally did not budge for the whole 16 hour day, through all the pictures and dancing.

Besides her amazing talent, words cannot describe how kind, sweet, and generous JoAnn is. She truly cares about all her clients and her passion for her work shines through. THANK YOU JoAnn!! You were the greatest addition to my wedding day and I am so happy we got to work together!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is INCREDIBLE. We had already hired her for our engagement photos and for a wedding trial, so I had a good idea of what to expect (to feel like my most glamorous self and feel confident). Even so, I was blown away by the way she styled my hair and did my makeup for the wedding. She made me feel like a star on our wedding day, and took her time to make each bridesmaid and my mother look and feel glamorous too. It was very important to me to have someone who could work on a variety of different skin tones and hair types and make everyone’s individual beauty shine without everyone having the same look. She delivered! My mom has never had her hair and makeup professionally done for an event and couldn’t stop staring! She was amazed that she could look like herself in a way she hadn’t looked or felt since her twenties!

JoAnn brought a calm energy and worked quickly without rushing. She was on time (early even), despite having to travel a decent distance to get to our location, and never once got flustered with special requests for changes or anything.

My entire look came together just like i had imagined, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend JoAnn to others or to hire her for future special occasions.

Profile Picture Nichole, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

JoAnn, I cannot thank you enough!

In my journey to find the perfect hair stylist for my wedding I was determined to find someone that was comfortable working with any texture of hair and in comes JoAnn! All of the women in my wedding party including mothers of both bride and groom are women of color with a huge variety of textures and lengths (straight and thin to kinky curly & full)! JoAnn had no fears or hesitations about any of it. She even got my mothers hair into a beautiful side up-do that lasted through the night ...her hair typically doesn’t hold a curl at all! All of the women felt beautiful and confident. Me perhaps most of all. After a night of dancing my life away and a day full of NYC humidity, my hair was still beautiful at the end of the night.

JoAnn thank you so much for your professionalism and flexibility in our scheduling. But also, thank you for being so kind and loving-your calming and soothing aura kept me calm in the chaos of the morning! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Eboni & Aaron , 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

There aren't enough kind words that I can say about JoAnn! In addition to being an amazing hair stylist, she also has the warmest personality and will put any nervous bride at ease.

Throughout the whole process from trial to wedding day execution, JoAnn was very communicative, responsive, and flexible. Additionally, her prices were very reasonable. It was truly a pleasure working with JoAnn! She made me feel like a million bucks on one of the most important days of my life, and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for hair/makeup services.

Profile Picture joanie, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had the pleasure of meeting JoAnn through my initial makeup artist/hairstylist who had a last minute emergency the day before our appointment and could not meet me. Thankfully JoAnn was available and saved me from stress! To say she is AMAZING is an understatement. She was incredibly responsive to my questions through email and was punctual, organized and extremely professional. She is a perfectionist and is obviously passionate about her work. She is engaging and is an excellent communicator. I felt completely safe in her hands based on her knowledge and expertise and the outcome was fantastic. Could not have felt more beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Joy, 3/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is great to work with! I first worked with JoAnn at my friend's wedding and really liked how JoAnn did my makeup and hair. A year later, JoAnn did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I felt beautiful the whole day. Her work is outstanding!

Profile Picture Lisa , 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn took care of my wedding party which consisted of my mother, mother-in-law, and my two sisters. She did hair and make up for me, in addition to supervising everyone else, and did it beautifully without breaking a sweat! While she did have an assistant she made sure that the work was done to her standards.

I was initially concerned that hair and make-up could not be done by the same person assuming that the person could not be strong in both skills but she is. Her work is superior and her attention to detail is impeccable. She was punctual and did a great job at managing time.

Profile Picture Norma, 11/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

WHERE DO I BEGIN??? JoAnn has been my personal glamsquad for the last year and she is WONDERFUL! Since having my trial with JoAnn last year, she has done my hair and makeup for my engagement photos, my bridal shower and of course, my wedding. She is so easy to work with, super responsive and an AMAZING artist. JoAnn and her team did my entire bridal party's hair and makeup and they all can't get over how amazing they looked. I highly recommend JoAnn and you will NOT regret it! She will be my personal glamsquad for years to come :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I was so lucky to find JoAnn and have my wedding makeup and hair done by her! Our whole wedding and all the preparations were made in a very short period of time, and I was looking for a stylist just a week or two before the wedding. After hearing from everyone "Are you crazy! It is such a short notice" and being already extremely stressed, I called JoAnn, who didn't even mention that my wedding is so soon! We talked and briefly discussed the makeup and hair, and I was already so calm after the conversation.

I didn't know what I wanted to do with my hair and didn't have a clear idea of the makeup (I just knew I didn't want anything extremely bright), so I fully trusted JoAnn's judgment here. I decided not to have a trial makeup -- just sent a picture of my dress.

The night before the wedding, we had a quick call, and JoAnn explained me how to prepare the skin before the big day! Our preparations started really early, and sharp at 6 AM JoAnn was already at my place. If I say that I was nervous, it won't say anything! I was shaking! :) Again, JoAnn, somehow really calmed me down just by the way of talking. She created very tender makeup and hair that looked perfect with the dress! I was very happy with the result!!! JoAnn even helped my mom with her hair!

I would definitely recommend JoAnn! She is a great professional!!!

Profile Picture Alina, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is a perfectionist and deeply passionate about her work. She perfectly balanced giving informed and innovative suggestions and understanding my preferences. She is highly organized, respects time commitments, and is easy to work with. She encouraged me to do an earlytrial, which was very helpful and decreased stress leading up to the big day. On my wedding day, she was calm, focused and did an incredible job with my hair and makeup. I received tons of compliments and felt great all night. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture J, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn and the glam squad did an amazing job for my wedding! She is crazy talented. Everyone in my bridal party said they felt like a celebrity. Love you JoAnn! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Cayla, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is a true gem. I found her using Weddingwire and from the start, she was so sweet, timely and professional. I was so nervous but she put my mind at ease. I never did a trial so we communicated via email. I sent her pictures of the look I was going for and a picture of what I look like. On my wedding day, she arrived early to set up. She did her magic and was able to replicated what she saw in the picture. Everything was done in fact earlier than I anticipated. She did such a great job that I think her work looked better than the pictures I showed her. Guests couldn't stop complementing on my makeup all night. I couldn't get over how glamorous but still managed to look like myself. My makeup was flawless and withstood the 90F temp of my hot August wedding. I would highly recommend her. She's the best! You can trust that her work is top-notch! Also tip, get the lipstick so you can reapply throughout the night. :)

Profile Picture Tanni, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews