87 Reviews for JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency

Natural Makeup (1)
On-Site Makeup (1)
Makeup Trial (1)
87 JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency Reviews

Finding a hair and makeup artist in New York can be super overwhelming and stressful. I put my trust in JoAnn and I am so glad I did. I really am! She was super quick to respond to my calls and emails and answer any questions I had. I sent her a few pictures of hair and makeup ideas/inspiration. She arrived on time and perfectly achieved the look that I had imagined. She is so personable and a perfectionist. I was glowing, I felt amazing. It really showed in the photos. I highly recommend JoAnn and will use her again.

Profile Picture Anne, 1/6/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

I had only 6 months to plan my wedding and somehow JoAnn was still available for our super popular October wedding date. We had a trial back in May 2017 and I knew from the moment she walked into my apartment, I was going to book her. She wasn't the typical wedding makeup/hair stylist who wanted to charge a ton for not-so-wonderful results. JoAnn was knowledgeable, impressive, and used only top of the line products. I am the pickiest person when it comes to my makeup, and she was more than patient with me when I wanted things changed during the trial. In the end I was so beyond happy with how I looked, I ended my search and booked JoAnn immediately.

Leading up to the wedding day, JoAnn was there for me whenever I needed to bother her with questions or concerns. On the big day, she was right on time, and we had an absolute blast getting ready. It was just my sister and my best friend (not a huge wedding party), and they absolutely loved how she transformed them for the wedding day. I myself felt flawless and got a million compliments. My hair and makeup literally did not budge for the whole 16 hour day, through all the pictures and dancing.

Besides her amazing talent, words cannot describe how kind, sweet, and generous JoAnn is. She truly cares about all her clients and her passion for her work shines through. THANK YOU JoAnn!! You were the greatest addition to my wedding day and I am so happy we got to work together!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is INCREDIBLE. We had already hired her for our engagement photos and for a wedding trial, so I had a good idea of what to expect (to feel like my most glamorous self and feel confident). Even so, I was blown away by the way she styled my hair and did my makeup for the wedding. She made me feel like a star on our wedding day, and took her time to make each bridesmaid and my mother look and feel glamorous too. It was very important to me to have someone who could work on a variety of different skin tones and hair types and make everyone’s individual beauty shine without everyone having the same look. She delivered! My mom has never had her hair and makeup professionally done for an event and couldn’t stop staring! She was amazed that she could look like herself in a way she hadn’t looked or felt since her twenties!

JoAnn brought a calm energy and worked quickly without rushing. She was on time (early even), despite having to travel a decent distance to get to our location, and never once got flustered with special requests for changes or anything.

My entire look came together just like i had imagined, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend JoAnn to others or to hire her for future special occasions.

Profile Picture Nichole, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

JoAnn, I cannot thank you enough!

In my journey to find the perfect hair stylist for my wedding I was determined to find someone that was comfortable working with any texture of hair and in comes JoAnn! All of the women in my wedding party including mothers of both bride and groom are women of color with a huge variety of textures and lengths (straight and thin to kinky curly & full)! JoAnn had no fears or hesitations about any of it. She even got my mothers hair into a beautiful side up-do that lasted through the night ...her hair typically doesn’t hold a curl at all! All of the women felt beautiful and confident. Me perhaps most of all. After a night of dancing my life away and a day full of NYC humidity, my hair was still beautiful at the end of the night.

JoAnn thank you so much for your professionalism and flexibility in our scheduling. But also, thank you for being so kind and loving-your calming and soothing aura kept me calm in the chaos of the morning! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Eboni & Aaron , 10/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Hair, Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling

There aren't enough kind words that I can say about JoAnn! In addition to being an amazing hair stylist, she also has the warmest personality and will put any nervous bride at ease.

Throughout the whole process from trial to wedding day execution, JoAnn was very communicative, responsive, and flexible. Additionally, her prices were very reasonable. It was truly a pleasure working with JoAnn! She made me feel like a million bucks on one of the most important days of my life, and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for hair/makeup services.

Profile Picture joanie, 8/26/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I had the pleasure of meeting JoAnn through my initial makeup artist/hairstylist who had a last minute emergency the day before our appointment and could not meet me. Thankfully JoAnn was available and saved me from stress! To say she is AMAZING is an understatement. She was incredibly responsive to my questions through email and was punctual, organized and extremely professional. She is a perfectionist and is obviously passionate about her work. She is engaging and is an excellent communicator. I felt completely safe in her hands based on her knowledge and expertise and the outcome was fantastic. Could not have felt more beautiful on my wedding day!

Profile Picture Joy, 3/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is great to work with! I first worked with JoAnn at my friend's wedding and really liked how JoAnn did my makeup and hair. A year later, JoAnn did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I felt beautiful the whole day. Her work is outstanding!

Profile Picture Lisa , 12/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn took care of my wedding party which consisted of my mother, mother-in-law, and my two sisters. She did hair and make up for me, in addition to supervising everyone else, and did it beautifully without breaking a sweat! While she did have an assistant she made sure that the work was done to her standards.

I was initially concerned that hair and make-up could not be done by the same person assuming that the person could not be strong in both skills but she is. Her work is superior and her attention to detail is impeccable. She was punctual and did a great job at managing time.

Profile Picture Norma, 11/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists

WHERE DO I BEGIN??? JoAnn has been my personal glamsquad for the last year and she is WONDERFUL! Since having my trial with JoAnn last year, she has done my hair and makeup for my engagement photos, my bridal shower and of course, my wedding. She is so easy to work with, super responsive and an AMAZING artist. JoAnn and her team did my entire bridal party's hair and makeup and they all can't get over how amazing they looked. I highly recommend JoAnn and you will NOT regret it! She will be my personal glamsquad for years to come :)

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/12/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Hair Extensions, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Consultations, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes

I was so lucky to find JoAnn and have my wedding makeup and hair done by her! Our whole wedding and all the preparations were made in a very short period of time, and I was looking for a stylist just a week or two before the wedding. After hearing from everyone "Are you crazy! It is such a short notice" and being already extremely stressed, I called JoAnn, who didn't even mention that my wedding is so soon! We talked and briefly discussed the makeup and hair, and I was already so calm after the conversation.

I didn't know what I wanted to do with my hair and didn't have a clear idea of the makeup (I just knew I didn't want anything extremely bright), so I fully trusted JoAnn's judgment here. I decided not to have a trial makeup -- just sent a picture of my dress.

The night before the wedding, we had a quick call, and JoAnn explained me how to prepare the skin before the big day! Our preparations started really early, and sharp at 6 AM JoAnn was already at my place. If I say that I was nervous, it won't say anything! I was shaking! :) Again, JoAnn, somehow really calmed me down just by the way of talking. She created very tender makeup and hair that looked perfect with the dress! I was very happy with the result!!! JoAnn even helped my mom with her hair!

I would definitely recommend JoAnn! She is a great professional!!!

Profile Picture Alina, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is a perfectionist and deeply passionate about her work. She perfectly balanced giving informed and innovative suggestions and understanding my preferences. She is highly organized, respects time commitments, and is easy to work with. She encouraged me to do an earlytrial, which was very helpful and decreased stress leading up to the big day. On my wedding day, she was calm, focused and did an incredible job with my hair and makeup. I received tons of compliments and felt great all night. Highly recommended!

Profile Picture J, 9/16/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn and the glam squad did an amazing job for my wedding! She is crazy talented. Everyone in my bridal party said they felt like a celebrity. Love you JoAnn! Thank you so much!

Profile Picture Cayla, 9/4/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn is a true gem. I found her using Weddingwire and from the start, she was so sweet, timely and professional. I was so nervous but she put my mind at ease. I never did a trial so we communicated via email. I sent her pictures of the look I was going for and a picture of what I look like. On my wedding day, she arrived early to set up. She did her magic and was able to replicated what she saw in the picture. Everything was done in fact earlier than I anticipated. She did such a great job that I think her work looked better than the pictures I showed her. Guests couldn't stop complementing on my makeup all night. I couldn't get over how glamorous but still managed to look like myself. My makeup was flawless and withstood the 90F temp of my hot August wedding. I would highly recommend her. She's the best! You can trust that her work is top-notch! Also tip, get the lipstick so you can reapply throughout the night. :)

Profile Picture Tanni, 8/20/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Fake Lashes, Updos/Styling, Hair, Makeup

JoAnn did an amazing job with my hair and makeup for my wedding. I was so happy with my trial, but to my surprise, I looked EVEN BETTER for the day of my wedding day. I gave JoAnn a seemingly impossible task; I wanted my hair to be secure but loose, and my makeup to be natural but glamorous. JoAnn did exactly that. My wedding was on a boat and I stood on the windy windy dock of that boat IN THE RAIN to take photos and my hair and makeup stayed PERFECTLY. I got more compliments on my makeup than I did my dress. I definitely recommend JoAnn.

Profile Picture Jeanine, 7/30/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Blowouts, Textured Styling, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Licensed, Consultations, Hair, Makeup

Had the best esperience with Joann thank you so much for everything
The best hair and make up
Loved it ????????

Profile Picture User7128536, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn Solomon is absolutely one of the best make up artists I've had the pleasure of working with. Due to the fact that I tend to have lots of evenings out, I have my make up done a lot. I haven't been able to find anyone that has quite the special touch JoAnn has and actually, I don't even try to find anyone else anymore. If JoAnn is available, she is my "go-to".

She has that extra sense of what "your" face needs, what will give you that special glow with the most amazing head turning look with out being gawdy, or overdone, like some artists tend to do when they cross that invisible line...

JoAnn is a true artist, with great energy and a joy to be around. I feel honored to know her!

Profile Picture User6830790, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I highly recommend JoAnn. Not only how reasonable is her price but how wonderful are her personalities!!! She loves her job. She loves her clients beautiful. She is passionate about what she is doing and which it makes her a great artist. I had an awesome experience with her on my wedding reception. She did my makeup and hair and which I won the appreciation from people walking on the New York City when my husband and I photo shooting on the road.. I love her and would love to work with her again on my any other important event!

Profile Picture Loulou, 6/12/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was referred to JoAnn while calling around to find a makeup artist for my wedding via TheKnot’s vendor list. While JoAnn does more TV and runway makeup nowadays, I was put in the unfortunate position of finding a new make-up artist just two weeks before my wedding. Once I got on the phone with JoAnn, she was extremely empathic to my situation and wanted to make things right immediately. She came over the next day for a trial! JoAnn spent two hours detailing my makeup based on photos of different looks, my dress, venue and hair. (Side note: JoAnn is also a professional hairdresser but being it was two weeks before, I had already secured a hairdresser.) JoAnn doesn’t just apply makeup, she goes through your typical beauty routine to get to know you and hydrates & massages your skin with top of the line oils & lotions from her many product sponsors. She is of course a certified skin care professional! Then comes makeup. JoAnn brought an entire suitcase of different brands, colors, textures – and that doesn’t even scratch the surface of her collection! She was able to recreate a look I found online, make helpful suggestions and tailor changes until I felt like a beautiful bride. She has a professional booking, contract and payment process to make you feel secure. On the big day, she arrived on-time and ready to go! She was speedy and recreated exactly what we agreed on. Not only did she do a phenomenal job on my makeup; she was also kind enough to touch up some of my bridesmaids pro bono who were struggling with applying their own makeup. Not only that, but JoAnn actually rescheduled another appointment that afternoon to make sure I was perfectly happy with the finished product – the product being me, in my dress, floral crown pinned down and hair touch-ups finalized. What an angel!!! I would absolutely recommend JoAnn to anyone looking for a hair/makeup artist for just about any occasion!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/28/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joann is great at what she does, She makes sure you look flawless when she's finished and my make up and hair lasted through the day with obvious lip touch ups.
We began at 6ish and my wedding wasn't till 3pm but I had to take pictures beforehand, it was windy and drizzling and I looked amazing at 3pm walking down the aisle.

Joann makes you feel comfortable and if you have any concerns she is very quick to help.

Profile Picture Katelyn , 5/15/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Joanne did my hair and makeup for 2 events. She is a true artist. What I loved about her is that she made me look like me. She really listens and understands what you want. My makeup was flawless and my hair was exactly what I wanted. She has amazing energy and is extremely calming. She also knows a lot of about healthy skin which goes hand in hand with makeup. I highly recommend Joanne for any occasion. I can't wait to use her again. It was hands down the best hair and makeup job I've ever had done!

Profile Picture User6479864, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn did such an amazing job on my hair and make-up for my NYC Central Park elopement! I sent her an email with a hairstyle I would like and she did a fabulous job at making it come to life. When discussing make-up, I told her that I'd like to have a natural look and she did not disappoint at all. JoAnn gave me exactly what I wanted. The airbrush she used was great! It lasted all day and I would recommend this technique to anyone. The day I was married was extremely windy so I feared that my hair would not hold up for pictures throughout the park. However, JoAnn reassured me that she would secure everything and it wouldn't go anywhere... and it didn't! What an amazing person to work with! She is very easy to talk to and a breath of fresh air in such a busy industry. I recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture User6268183, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I can't say enough amazing things about working with JoAnn for my wedding. From our first conversation, to our trial, to when I was running out to head to the church, I was so happy to be working with her. Not only was she professional, quick to respond, a great listener, and fun to be around, she most importantly was an AMAZING hair stylist/make up artist. Plus, she put together an equally talented team to do my bridesmaids/mother/mother-in-law hair and make up---everyone was stunning. I've never felt more beautiful than I did on my wedding day and if you're a bride who wants to feel the same way, go with JoAnn.

Profile Picture Katie, 12/5/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Airbrush Makeup, Fake Lashes, Blowouts, Updos/Styling

JoAnn was lovely and personable right from the first time I emailed her with my enquiry. As a bride from England getting married in New York, I was nervous about booking hair and make up with no prospect of a trial beforehand but I could tell from the off that JoAnn had a wealth of knowledge and experience. I was in safe hands! I was thrilled with both my hair and make up and so were my two friends. JoAnn kept us entertained with her stories and we felt like old friends by the time we left for the wedding. Could not recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Lorna, 12/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

JoAnn was amazing to say the least! She made me look and feel so beautiful on my wedding day. Her makeup work is flawless. She is so professional! Showed up to the hotel room with a little kit that opened up to this majestic display of makeup and anything you can think of for the face. She asked questions about the look I wanted and did exactly that on our trial and even more amazing on the big day. Not only is she friendly, punctual and professional but she took away all anxiety I had. From being freaked out about eyeliner getting inside my contacts (her eyeliner didn't do that which was amazing) to making sure I had just the right amount of make up where i would still look like myself (some makeup artists make the bride look like a porcelain doll) I just can't stress enough how amazing she is.

If you want to look flawless in all your photos and feel like a beauty queen, you need JoAnn to do your makeup. Trust me!! She's the best!!

P.S the minute you see her and her big warm smile when she walks into the room, all your nerves just melt right off and you just relax and get ready to get pampered and glamafied! :)

Profile Picture Katherine, 11/8/15, 1 Review