JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency Reviews

102 | New York, NY

102 Reviews for JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency

102 JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency Reviews

Dawn · Married on 09/23/2018

We were having a 2nd reception here on the East Coast, more specifically, a Jersey reception for my son and his wife who had gotten married in Seattle where her family is from. During the course of shopping around for vendors - DJ, photographer, photobooth, planner and decorator I decided to find someone to do my hair and makeup for the event. I dont know how I was lucky enough to come across JoAnn's website but i knew immediately she was the one. Its's the BEST decision ever!! Not only was my makeup very natural looking with a few added lashes and special touches but my hair was nothing short of spectacular! She also gave me some lipstick and hairspray to maintain my look....which I never really needed to use. I dont think there was a person at the reception who didn't comment on how beautiful my hair was and how they'd never seen anything like it before. It was so stunning I hated to take it down. Next time I need hair and/or makeup there's no question where I'll be going. If you choose JoAnn, I promise you will be thrilled with the results!!!

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 1
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 2
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 3
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 4

Alicia · Married on 09/15/2018

If you are hesitating, don’t, book JoAnn now! I luckily stumbled across JoAnn and I couldn’t have been any more pleased with the outcome of her services. JoAnn puts love into her work and truly is a master of her trade. Not only is her work flawless, but she is the consummate professional, and still fun to be around, someone you need on your team during the biggest day of your life. JoAnn’s energy and beautiful personality is exactly what you need for a wedding day. From the moment I met her, I felt at ease. She listened to my every makeup and hair wish and executed every detail I was expecting. I changed up the eye makeup game last minute on her and she rolled with the change and managed to make the new look stunning! She made my wedding day much more special, having her as my beauty team. I would recommend her to all of my friends and will use her in the future for big events. Thank you for being super talented and yet still so humble and for making me look like an angel on my wedding day!
    Ps- my ladies loved her as well and were happy to have her with us during our special girl time the morning of our wedding.

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 5
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 6
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 7

Mona · Married on 09/01/2018

JoAnn and her team were fantastic. My wedding party was a very diverse group of girls , but they were able to make everyone look their best. My make up and hair was flawless and very natural looking. I felt like an Indian queen. And the look stayed through the evening despite being in the sun, dancing, and crying.

I really enjoyed my time with JoAnn both on the wedding day and during my makeup trial at her studio. She is funny and personable. It really helped keeping my nerves in check the morning of the wedding. She is also extremely meticulous down to every strand of hair so I was super confident through our special day.

Tamara · Married on 07/21/2018

JoAnn was AMAZING. I was so stressed about finding a hair and makeup artist who could do a great job with me (a Black bride with very thick, natural hair), while also working with my diverse bridal party (one Black girl with a weave, one Black girl with a perm, a Korean girl, an Italian girl, and an Indian girl with thick curly hair). On top of that, we are all very picky about wanting a "natural" makeup look. I thought it would NEVER happen, but then I found JoAnn. She immediately got me and the look I was going for, and she didn't shame me for wanting a soft, natural look. Everyone in the bridal party, including the moms, looked amazing! For a group who hardly ever wears makeup, she made all of us feel comfortable and confident.

Cristina · Married on 06/30/2018

I was the most anxious about booking a makeup/hair person since 95% of the time I wear no makeup and my hair is a bun. JoAnn made me feel comfortable and made me and my bridal party look amazing. JoAnn listened to what I wanted but also tbh I did not know what I wanted, so was able to guide me into my best bridal look. My girls are all also now JoAnn believers- don't think twice about booking her!

Sent on 07/17/2018

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Cristina, wow this review is heartwarming thank you!

Priyanka · Married on 06/24/2018

I booked JoAnn to do makeup and hair for me and my mom on my wedding day. I was extremely happy with Joann's work and her work ethics. Both on the day of trial and the wedding she arrived few minutes before time and got to work right away. Since I am someone with minimal knowledge or experience with makeup I was quite apprehensive about who I hire for my big day. Joann was really good with understanding my vision and translating it into the look I wanted. She knew exactly how to work with my mom's thin hair and completely transformed her look. She also accommodated my mother in law at the last minute since we had enough time left before the ceremony. She is very nice to talk to and loves what she does. Her rates also are very affordable by new york standards. Thanks Joann for your hard work, positive energy and for making us look good.

Sent on 06/29/2018

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Thank you for having me there and for your smile and amazing energy. Love and light always.

Daniela · Married on 06/23/2018

JoAnn is fantastic at her job and is very detail oriented. She has great energy and I am so please I found her! Hair and makeup on point!

Sent on 06/23/2018

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Thank you so much! You are stunning! Happy to help:)

Amanda · Married on 06/09/2018

JoAnn was wonderful to work with and I would recommend her to any bride! She is incredibly talented and goes above and beyond to make you look and feel beautiful. My bridal party, my mom and my mother in law could not stop raving about JoAnn and her team. They made all of us (in a large range of ages, skin types and hair types) look amazing and the make-up and hair held the entire day; plus they had us laughing the entire time! I really appreciated how quickly JoAnn responded to all of my questions and how detail-oriented she was.

Sent on 07/02/2018

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

I started on my journey to make others look and feel amazing. Thank you for feeling the good energy and allowing me to share my love for beauty with you. Namaste:)

Cynthia · Married on 05/12/2018

I am so thankful for JoAnn and her team for lifting my wedding to the next level. The makeup for my entire bridal party including mother, mother in law and grandmother were all on point!! She truly enhanced their beauty.
    She did my makeup and hair. As a fellow naturalista, I wanted to celebrate in my natural hair and I am so grateful that I found JoAnn. Through Pinterest and google images, I was able to get an idea of how I wanted my hair and makeup to look. JoAnn listened and created a flawless look. I received so many compliments during my wedding day and I could not have been happier with how I looked. JoAnn is such a sweetheart and knows what she is doing; truly professional. I highly recommend JoAnn!!!

Sent on 05/27/2018

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

This made me smile. I truly live for my brides! You looked so stunning in that afro!!!!! Xoxoxoxo

Lyz · Married on 05/08/2018

JoAnn is a consumate professional! She arrived exactly on time and ready to work! As a beauty industry vet, she is highly skilled and was able to interpret the style I was looking for and execute quickly. She was also able to recommend products for my hair type, as well as a plan for the big day (hair washed vs unwashed). I would definitely recommend her services to any bride that seeks a classic, flawless look!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Thank you Lyz. Love and light xx

astrid · Married on 04/21/2018

I booked JoAnn for my bridal shower and wedding for both hair & make up. She did a wonderful job for both events. She is really good at knowing what to do just based off your personality and look. I don't wear a lot of makeup so I wasn't sure what I wanted but I was always more than pleased with the results she gave. On top of her being confident in her work and executing a flawless look, she is a wonderful person to be around and is easy to talk to. She gives off such positive energy and on the day of my wedding I truly needed it. I enjoyed working with her and would recommend her to any/all.

Sent on 05/24/2018
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 8
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 9
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 10

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Thank you! Wow you looked so great. I appreciate your laughter and good energy. Have an amazing pife with your new hubby:)

Caroline · Married on 04/21/2018

I contacted JoAnn to do my hair & makeup for my wedding, after I was unhappy with my initial trial with another vendor. I was nervous and feeling anxious that I wouldn't feel great on my big day. Enter JoAnn, who really listened to what I wanted (natural, soft, classic makeup with a low, flattering and sophisticated updo) and my concerns, and executed beautifully. You can tell that JoAnn is highly attentive and detail oriented, and she makes sure that she genuinely considers your personality and preferences, and doesn't just give her clients all the same "generic bride", overdone look. Thanks to JoAnn, I felt fabulous on my wedding day, and am still receiving compliments. Even my photographer (who sees professional makeup every day) said JoAnn's work was really impressive. She is also a lot of fun to be around, and kept me and my friends laughing all morning! If you have the opportunity to book JoAnn, I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2018

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

This feels like yesterday. I wish we could do it again, so we could laugh. Again! Thank you for being open to a new ideA and allowing me to share my joy for beauty with you. Love and light always upon you.

Cindy · Married on 04/19/2018

JoAnn is the type of person you would just be happy to have around you on your wedding day. She was a complete pro with my hair and makeup, but she was also warm and lovely and made everyone around her feel at ease. She does her best to get you what you want and was so responsive to all my questions. Thank you JoAnn! You are amazing!

Sent on 04/27/2018

Thank you Cindy!!!!

allison · Married on 03/24/2018

I had such a great experience with JoAnn. I was left without a makeup and hair artist with only a few weeks till my wedding, and JoAnn helped ease my nerves immediately! She was super responsive, understanding, and was able to fit me in for a trial quickly too (since time was of the essence in my case). As an artist, JoAnn uses high end products and doesn't skimp on quality. You can tell how scrupulously clean she is and takes great pride in her work. As a person, she was lovely to talk to, she can seriously chat about anything to anyone. I was super pleased with both my trial and wedding, and all my guests kept commenting on how beautiful I looked. My skin was flawless and although you could see I had makeup on, it still looked like me (but better) which made me feel more comfortable (my style is minimalist). My hair and makeup stayed ALL day - not an easy task to keep curls in place with heavy, Asian hair. Definitely recommend!

Sent on 03/27/2018

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Allison meeting you were so awesome you have such an amazing perspective about life it is so wonderful to see a positive and beautiful woman at such a great time in her life. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of your day !

Anne · Married on 01/06/2018

Finding a hair and makeup artist in New York can be super overwhelming and stressful. I put my trust in JoAnn and I am so glad I did. I really am! She was super quick to respond to my calls and emails and answer any questions I had. I sent her a few pictures of hair and makeup ideas/inspiration. She arrived on time and perfectly achieved the look that I had imagined. She is so personable and a perfectionist. I was glowing, I felt amazing. It really showed in the photos. I highly recommend JoAnn and will use her again.

Sent on 06/05/2017

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

So happy that all of your dreams became reality. You so deserve it all. Love and Light.

Andrea · Married on 11/11/2017

JoAnn is seriously a bride whisperer. Or family of the bride whisperer I should say. Amidst the chaos that is the wedding day, she not only delivered amazing hairstyles for myself and my mom/sisters/flower girls (not an easy task) but she blends in so seamlessly you'd hardly know she was there! Even after hours on her feet, she's patient and works with each client and personality to understand what they want and works with you until it's perfect! Would 100% recommend for weddings or other special occasions.

Sent on 11/22/2017
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 11
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 12

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Andrea, You are such a special woman. It was easy to make you happy because you have such a great sense of who you are! Thank you for trusting me with your vision and having me as a part of your most special day! Xoxox

Jennifer · Married on 10/21/2017

I had only 6 months to plan my wedding and somehow JoAnn was still available for our super popular October wedding date. We had a trial back in May 2017 and I knew from the moment she walked into my apartment, I was going to book her. She wasn't the typical wedding makeup/hair stylist who wanted to charge a ton for not-so-wonderful results. JoAnn was knowledgeable, impressive, and used only top of the line products. I am the pickiest person when it comes to my makeup, and she was more than patient with me when I wanted things changed during the trial. In the end I was so beyond happy with how I looked, I ended my search and booked JoAnn immediately.

Leading up to the wedding day, JoAnn was there for me whenever I needed to bother her with questions or concerns. On the big day, she was right on time, and we had an absolute blast getting ready. It was just my sister and my best friend (not a huge wedding party), and they absolutely loved how she transformed them for the wedding day. I myself felt flawless and got a million compliments. My hair and makeup literally did not budge for the whole 16 hour day, through all the pictures and dancing.

Besides her amazing talent, words cannot describe how kind, sweet, and generous JoAnn is. She truly cares about all her clients and her passion for her work shines through. THANK YOU JoAnn!! You were the greatest addition to my wedding day and I am so happy we got to work together!!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 13

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

WOW we did it! Your happiness means so much to me. You are an amazing, deserving, kind and it was again amazing!

Nichole · Married on 10/07/2017

JoAnn is INCREDIBLE. We had already hired her for our engagement photos and for a wedding trial, so I had a good idea of what to expect (to feel like my most glamorous self and feel confident). Even so, I was blown away by the way she styled my hair and did my makeup for the wedding. She made me feel like a star on our wedding day, and took her time to make each bridesmaid and my mother look and feel glamorous too. It was very important to me to have someone who could work on a variety of different skin tones and hair types and make everyone’s individual beauty shine without everyone having the same look. She delivered! My mom has never had her hair and makeup professionally done for an event and couldn’t stop staring! She was amazed that she could look like herself in a way she hadn’t looked or felt since her twenties!

JoAnn brought a calm energy and worked quickly without rushing. She was on time (early even), despite having to travel a decent distance to get to our location, and never once got flustered with special requests for changes or anything.

My entire look came together just like i had imagined, and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend JoAnn to others or to hire her for future special occasions.

Sent on 11/07/2017
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 14
    JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency 15

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

One of my most beautiful brides to date. You allowed me to be a part of something so special. I truly enjoyed meeting you and your family! Thank you.

Eboni & Aaron · Married on 10/06/2017

JoAnn, I cannot thank you enough!

In my journey to find the perfect hair stylist for my wedding I was determined to find someone that was comfortable working with any texture of hair and in comes JoAnn! All of the women in my wedding party including mothers of both bride and groom are women of color with a huge variety of textures and lengths (straight and thin to kinky curly & full)! JoAnn had no fears or hesitations about any of it. She even got my mothers hair into a beautiful side up-do that lasted through the night ...her hair typically doesn’t hold a curl at all! All of the women felt beautiful and confident. Me perhaps most of all. After a night of dancing my life away and a day full of NYC humidity, my hair was still beautiful at the end of the night.

JoAnn thank you so much for your professionalism and flexibility in our scheduling. But also, thank you for being so kind and loving-your calming and soothing aura kept me calm in the chaos of the morning! THANK YOU!

Sent on 10/11/2017

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Hey Super star, it was way easy, because of your energy and amazing natural glow. Keep shining bright. Love always!!!

joanie · Married on 08/26/2017

There aren't enough kind words that I can say about JoAnn! In addition to being an amazing hair stylist, she also has the warmest personality and will put any nervous bride at ease.

Throughout the whole process from trial to wedding day execution, JoAnn was very communicative, responsive, and flexible. Additionally, her prices were very reasonable. It was truly a pleasure working with JoAnn! She made me feel like a million bucks on one of the most important days of my life, and I highly recommend her to anyone looking for hair/makeup services.

Sent on 09/03/2017

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

It was my true pleasure Joanie! We nailed it.

Joy · Married on 03/21/2017

I had the pleasure of meeting JoAnn through my initial makeup artist/hairstylist who had a last minute emergency the day before our appointment and could not meet me. Thankfully JoAnn was available and saved me from stress! To say she is AMAZING is an understatement. She was incredibly responsive to my questions through email and was punctual, organized and extremely professional. She is a perfectionist and is obviously passionate about her work. She is engaging and is an excellent communicator. I felt completely safe in her hands based on her knowledge and expertise and the outcome was fantastic. Could not have felt more beautiful on my wedding day!

Sent on 04/02/2017

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Joy! Stephen and you were such an incredible fun time. I am so honored that you decided to use me for the wedding. Such warm and kind people. I truly loved meeting you and I hope to keep in touch! Follow on facebook @joannsolomon beauty xoxox

Lisa · Married on 12/10/2016

JoAnn is great to work with! I first worked with JoAnn at my friend's wedding and really liked how JoAnn did my makeup and hair. A year later, JoAnn did my hair and makeup for my wedding and I felt beautiful the whole day. Her work is outstanding!

Sent on 02/26/2017

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Thank you Beauty! The pictures look so good. Have an amazing marriage and if you can, follow me on social @joannsolomonbeauty

Norma · Married on 11/13/2016

JoAnn took care of my wedding party which consisted of my mother, mother-in-law, and my two sisters. She did hair and make up for me, in addition to supervising everyone else, and did it beautifully without breaking a sweat! While she did have an assistant she made sure that the work was done to her standards.

I was initially concerned that hair and make-up could not be done by the same person assuming that the person could not be strong in both skills but she is. Her work is superior and her attention to detail is impeccable. She was punctual and did a great job at managing time.

Sent on 03/04/2017

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

I am beyond happy it all worked out. I appreciate you so much Norma! Love and Light always! xoxox JoAnn

Jessica · Married on 11/12/2016

WHERE DO I BEGIN??? JoAnn has been my personal glamsquad for the last year and she is WONDERFUL! Since having my trial with JoAnn last year, she has done my hair and makeup for my engagement photos, my bridal shower and of course, my wedding. She is so easy to work with, super responsive and an AMAZING artist. JoAnn and her team did my entire bridal party's hair and makeup and they all can't get over how amazing they looked. I highly recommend JoAnn and you will NOT regret it! She will be my personal glamsquad for years to come :)

Sent on 11/17/2016

JoAnn Solomon Luxury Beauty Agency's reply:

Thank you for being you Jess. You looked amazing. Send me pictures! You are so awesome. Thank you for your words. xoxo JoAnn