JoAnn Solomon Beauty Reviews

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 4
JoAnn Solomon Beauty 5
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 08/30/2019

Versatile, Warm and a True Beauty Professional!

I did my wedding hair and makeup trial with JoAnn quite a few months before my wedding but I knew when I left her studio that she was the one for me! Even though we went over time, she took the time to perfect the look the way I wanted, gave me tips to make sure my hair care and skin care regimens leading up to the day would put me in the position for the best results, and was overall just a genuinely kind, dynamic, and caring spirit to be around. She arrived to the venue early on my wedding day and easily made conversation with my mom, sister and mother-in-law, in addition to making everyone feel uniquely beautiful and special; even listening to specific concerns and adjusting looks accordingly. If you want a stress free, natural, best version of YOU beauty experience on your wedding day, please reach to JoAnn!

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 6
    Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Marthy

Marthy Soliven · Married on 08/03/2019

Perfection!

I 100% knew I wanted to book JoAnn for my own wedding after having hair and makeup done for another wedding.
    And she never disappoints! The best stylist and makeup artist to have for one of the most important moments of my life!
    JoAnn and her assistant were amazing with hair and makeup for me and my bride squad!! My entire bridal party looked and even more important, felt amazing; As did I!!
    Thank you JoAnn!!!!

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 7
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 8
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 9
    Sent on 08/28/2019

Viv · Married on 06/22/2019

JoAnn is the best!!

I hired JoAnn for my wedding this past June and she was wonderful!! I booked her back in November after I got engaged based on all of the great reviews that I read. We had a very nice and informative phone conversation where she was able to answer all of my many many questions. I got such a great vibe from her while speaking that I knew I had to book right away. Best decision that I made.

I finally met JoAnn a week before my wedding for the hair and make up trial and she did not disappoint! She was so friendly, funny, and fabulous! She had my mother in tears with all of her jokes.

On the day of my wedding, she and her team kept me calm and thoroughly entertained. She executed my vision perfectly! I was so happy with how both my hair and make up came out! I'm not one to wear make up, so the natural wedding look that she gave me was phenomenal!

JoAnn and her team were able to make all 11(!) of my bridesmaids and my mother extremely happy with their varying requests and wishes. She allotted enough time so that no one was rushed and it was such a relaxed and fun morning. I would recommend JoAnn to anyone, hands down!!

Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Domenico

Domenico Antonelli · Married on 06/19/2019

Elopement in Central Park with '20s dress and hairstyle

I hired JoAnn to do my hair without a trial, because I come from Italy and I arrived to Nyc two days before my elopement.
    She came to my hotel room, I just showed her a photo of what I meant to be and she did a better job than I could even image in only thirty minutes! She is awesome. I would recommend her to my very best friend! I wish she was in Italy, she'd definitely be my hair stylist!

Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Rossy

Rossy · Married on 06/02/2019

Amazing could not have chosen better!

I started my list of makeup/hair with 20 vendors and quickly narrowed it down to a handful. During the nastiest day ever i got my wedding trial and fell in love. Makeup look great during the blizzard so I knew then it was worth every penny. Even so I got another trial elsewhere and decided to go with Joann. Joann listened to my needs particularly my desire to look natural. On the day of my wedding she was more than amazing. She was prompt, professional but not stuck up and she was able to deal with me, who was an enormous bag of nerves. Even more amazing was when she came to my mothers rescue since she had been stood up by her hairsylist. I appreciated that my hair remained soft even though i had an updo and that my makeup stayed on all night through the sweat. Both the person and the work is amazing!

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 10
    Sent on 06/05/2019

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Rossy! What a beautiful day, for such an amazing person.
    I could not be happier for you and I am so happy that you are happy.
    Wishing you a life of peace, love and abundance.

THANK YOU!
  • Megan

Megan Myers · Married on 06/01/2019

Absolutely fabulous!

Joann and her team were absolutely fabulous! We highly recommend them for any NYC bride looking for a talented and organized hair and makeup team. We had a tall order the day of our wedding (2 brides, 7 bridesmaids, and 2 moms) and Joanne and her 2 assistants knocked it out of the park. Everyone got the hair and makeup that they wanted, felt listened to, and nothing was rushed - not to mention they all had great personalities which added to the fun "bridal suite vibe." Special shout-out to Tannis who stayed on with us for touch-ups until after the ceremony - she had such great energy and took excellent care of our minor touch-up needs throughout the evening. We highly recommend Joann and her team!

Sent on 06/14/2019

Hello Megan,

I can hardly describe just how exciting it was to be a part of your wedding. You and your beautiful wife! I had so much fun creating the looks:) The conversation was great and thank you for the awesome positive energy. You trusted our company and so glad we could deliver! Much love. xx
  • Breanna

Breanna Sinisi · Married on 05/11/2019

Joann to the rescue!!!!

If I was given one word to describe Joann its Exceptional! She did my hair and makeup for my wedding this past weekend 5.11.19 and I was beyond happy! She is so down to earth, makes you feel so comfortable and I’m my case she saved the day! I highly recommend her for any occasion! She enhanced my confidence and I felt like an absolute princess on my big day! My bridal party were so incredibly happy with their makeup and absolutely adored her! Thank you again Joann!

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 11
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 12
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 13
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 14
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 15
    Sent on 05/13/2019

Breanna,

During your Boudoir Makeup, I would not have guessed that you would be a JoAnn Solomon bride! The makeup made you feel empowered and beautiful you said! You already had a team and decided to trust mine. Thank you for that! Love always - JoAnn
  • Miranda

Miranda Wyatt · Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing Service & Caring Person

I can’t speak enough praise of Joann and her team! First off, to find a person so multi-talented, kind and sincere is hard. Joann is all of that and more!
    I was all over the place during the booking process. Not once did Joann or her assistant make me feel bad about it. They were patient and understanding. Being of mixed race with natural hair, I struggled with what I wanted (as the bride). Joann took the time to explain my options considering my concerns about damaging my hair with too much heat. When it came to ensuring my bridesmaids (of all colors and ethnicities) were properly done up, she knew her stuff and made sure I was comfortable with the plan.
    As my big day approached, Joann made sure that I was happy and stress free. Joann and her team were fast, efficient but also on point. They delivered! The hair styles and makeup survived a crazy night of partying. Our pictures are proof that they really know what they are doing!
    Joann made my bridesmaids and me feel special. She really cares not just about her work but how you FEEL. She wants you to feel beautiful and reminds you of that throughout the entire process. And, we all ended up not just looking amazing but feeling gorgeous.
    Joann Solomon goes beyond just being a makeup artist and hair stylist. I’m so grateful for that.

Sent on 05/21/2019

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Miranda! Such a smart and beautiful woman. Thank you for allowing me the chance to be a part of your amazing day. I truly loved getting to know you and your awesome group. I wish you a lifetime of abundance, wealth, health and continued blessings. xx
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/28/2019

JoAnn made my day PERFECT

Where do I even begin... JoAnn is a true artist.

Not only is she a kind, and beautiful human being, but she is a master of her craft.

I NEVER get my makeup or hair done for events because I’m afraid of the makeup feeling and looking caked on (which I hate) and no one ever does my hair right. So I wasn’t sure if I was going to hire someone to do my hair and makeup for my wedding.

But I did A LOT of research and kept coming back to JoAnn’s website. The photos of the brides and other women she had done just drew me in.

One thing stood out the most— all the makeup looks NATURAL! And that’s what I wanted.

After contacting her and having such an easy and flawless reservation process, I knew I was in good hands for my big day.

Her assistant, Crystal, was nice, professional, and responsive. And when I met JoAnn for my trial (don’t skimp by not doing a trial— it’s so important!), I was SO HAPPY.

JoAnn was patient and attentive. She really wanted me and my mom to look and feel the way WE wanted. She encouraged constructive critique of my hair and makeup so we could make sure it all looked perfect— it was collaborative and I LOVED that.

She made the most important day of my life perfect. And she helped me feel beautiful.

Bottom line is— YOU NEED JOANN IN YOUR LIFE.

If you’re doing your research right now, look no further!

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 16
    Sent on 04/29/2019

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Wow. You know you are the amazing one. Taking the chance booking me with out even knowing me! Trusting me to execute.I am honored to know you and to have serviced such a queen! xoxox
  • Deborah

Deborah Lucas · Married on 04/16/2019

Was absolutely amazing!

Joann was very friendly and down to earth. She did my hair and makeup and I felt amazing!! She really knows her stuff. I will be sure to use her again for my next event:)

Sent on 04/18/2019

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Thank you Deborah! You killed it! You wore it all so well. I loved making you look and feel your best. Keep in touch!

Natalie · Married on 11/17/2018

Highly Recommend!

JoAnn did a fantastic job for me and my bridal party last month. When looking for an artist, I wanted to find someone who had experience with all different hair types and different skin complexions (my friends and family come in all shades). I'd had a bad experience of getting makeup services from a wedding makeup artist hired for the bridal party, who used the same palette on each person even though it didn't match our skin tones. I wanted to make sure we were all comfortable in our look all day. And boy, did she deliver! Hair and makeup was on point. She started and ended on time, and was a joy to get ready with that morning. Everyone looked beautiful. We all highly recommend her!

Sent on 12/16/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Natalie, I had to take the time out to reply. Your words warmed my heart. Thank you for giving me the warm and beautiful energy all along you are amazing. Much love!

JoAnn
  • Kristen

Kristen · Married on 11/03/2018

A total gem :)

I am so happy that I found JoAnn and her team for my wedding in November. She made me feel so comfortable, from the trial to wedding day and is such a joy to be around.

I completely trusted her to find the right balance of natural and a bit glam for my wedding day and she pulled it off amazingly. She also worked with both of our moms plus styled my husband's sister and we all had a blast being pampered, chatting and spending time together. We were scheduled with more than enough time to get ready and the vibe was really relaxed, fun and warm - JoAnn was a big part in making this happen. I couldn't recommend her more for her professionalism, great eye and sense of humor.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Kristen,

Thank you for having me.
    I appreciate the laughter and wisdom that you brought each time we met. Have the most beautiful life! God bless you.

JoAnn

Dawn · Married on 09/23/2018

We were having a 2nd reception here on the East Coast, more specifically, a Jersey reception for my son and his wife who had gotten married in Seattle where her family is from. During the course of shopping around for vendors - DJ, photographer, photobooth, planner and decorator I decided to find someone to do my hair and makeup for the event. I dont know how I was lucky enough to come across JoAnn's website but i knew immediately she was the one. Its's the BEST decision ever!! Not only was my makeup very natural looking with a few added lashes and special touches but my hair was nothing short of spectacular! She also gave me some lipstick and hairspray to maintain my look....which I never really needed to use. I dont think there was a person at the reception who didn't comment on how beautiful my hair was and how they'd never seen anything like it before. It was so stunning I hated to take it down. Next time I need hair and/or makeup there's no question where I'll be going. If you choose JoAnn, I promise you will be thrilled with the results!!!

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 17
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 18
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 19
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 20
    Sent on 09/25/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

My heart smiles. You are an amazing person. Thank you! I am honored. You have such a great energy! Looked amazing because you are stunning. It is so nice when someone knows what works for them. Thank you for your direction and insight:)

Alicia · Married on 09/15/2018

If you are hesitating, don’t, book JoAnn now! I luckily stumbled across JoAnn and I couldn’t have been any more pleased with the outcome of her services. JoAnn puts love into her work and truly is a master of her trade. Not only is her work flawless, but she is the consummate professional, and still fun to be around, someone you need on your team during the biggest day of your life. JoAnn’s energy and beautiful personality is exactly what you need for a wedding day. From the moment I met her, I felt at ease. She listened to my every makeup and hair wish and executed every detail I was expecting. I changed up the eye makeup game last minute on her and she rolled with the change and managed to make the new look stunning! She made my wedding day much more special, having her as my beauty team. I would recommend her to all of my friends and will use her in the future for big events. Thank you for being super talented and yet still so humble and for making me look like an angel on my wedding day!
    Ps- my ladies loved her as well and were happy to have her with us during our special girl time the morning of our wedding.

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 21
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 22
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 23
    Sent on 09/25/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

A! There words truly melt my heart.
    You and mom are incredible people.
    We laughed so much! I gained a new friend. I hope to see you showered in blessings for all of your days. Love and light!

Mona · Married on 09/01/2018

JoAnn and her team were fantastic. My wedding party was a very diverse group of girls , but they were able to make everyone look their best. My make up and hair was flawless and very natural looking. I felt like an Indian queen. And the look stayed through the evening despite being in the sun, dancing, and crying.

I really enjoyed my time with JoAnn both on the wedding day and during my makeup trial at her studio. She is funny and personable. It really helped keeping my nerves in check the morning of the wedding. She is also extremely meticulous down to every strand of hair so I was super confident through our special day.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Hi Beautiful!

Thank you! You took the chance on my team and I! So happy it worked out. You booked with out even meet me first! Well happy to say we talked details and truly nailed it. Forver grateful for knowing you:)

Tamara · Married on 07/21/2018

JoAnn was AMAZING. I was so stressed about finding a hair and makeup artist who could do a great job with me (a Black bride with very thick, natural hair), while also working with my diverse bridal party (one Black girl with a weave, one Black girl with a perm, a Korean girl, an Italian girl, and an Indian girl with thick curly hair). On top of that, we are all very picky about wanting a "natural" makeup look. I thought it would NEVER happen, but then I found JoAnn. She immediately got me and the look I was going for, and she didn't shame me for wanting a soft, natural look. Everyone in the bridal party, including the moms, looked amazing! For a group who hardly ever wears makeup, she made all of us feel comfortable and confident.

Sent on 08/21/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

That natural bride. So refreshing to see you on your wedding day wearing that amazing natural hair. You wore that!!! You looked amazing. Thank you for instilling trust and confidence into me.

Cristina · Married on 06/30/2018

I was the most anxious about booking a makeup/hair person since 95% of the time I wear no makeup and my hair is a bun. JoAnn made me feel comfortable and made me and my bridal party look amazing. JoAnn listened to what I wanted but also tbh I did not know what I wanted, so was able to guide me into my best bridal look. My girls are all also now JoAnn believers- don't think twice about booking her!

Sent on 07/17/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Cristina, wow this review is heartwarming thank you!

Priyanka · Married on 06/24/2018

I booked JoAnn to do makeup and hair for me and my mom on my wedding day. I was extremely happy with Joann's work and her work ethics. Both on the day of trial and the wedding she arrived few minutes before time and got to work right away. Since I am someone with minimal knowledge or experience with makeup I was quite apprehensive about who I hire for my big day. Joann was really good with understanding my vision and translating it into the look I wanted. She knew exactly how to work with my mom's thin hair and completely transformed her look. She also accommodated my mother in law at the last minute since we had enough time left before the ceremony. She is very nice to talk to and loves what she does. Her rates also are very affordable by new york standards. Thanks Joann for your hard work, positive energy and for making us look good.

Sent on 06/29/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Thank you for having me there and for your smile and amazing energy. Love and light always.

Daniela · Married on 06/23/2018

JoAnn is fantastic at her job and is very detail oriented. She has great energy and I am so please I found her! Hair and makeup on point!

Sent on 06/23/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Thank you so much! You are stunning! Happy to help:)

Amanda · Married on 06/09/2018

JoAnn was wonderful to work with and I would recommend her to any bride! She is incredibly talented and goes above and beyond to make you look and feel beautiful. My bridal party, my mom and my mother in law could not stop raving about JoAnn and her team. They made all of us (in a large range of ages, skin types and hair types) look amazing and the make-up and hair held the entire day; plus they had us laughing the entire time! I really appreciated how quickly JoAnn responded to all of my questions and how detail-oriented she was.

Sent on 07/02/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

I started on my journey to make others look and feel amazing. Thank you for feeling the good energy and allowing me to share my love for beauty with you. Namaste:)

Jessica · Married on 05/18/2018

Let me start by saying - JoAnn is an absolute dream. Being an Aussie booking a wedding in NYC, I had no idea where to start finding a hair stylist and make-up artist. I had booked someone else on recommendation but loved JoAnn so much (based on her website) that I begged her to take me on last minute, and miraculously, she did (I've no idea how I was so lucky, as her celebrity clientele and editorial bookings must keep her busy!). As soon as I spoke with her, she understood EXACTLY the look I was going for, which was less of an overdone "bridey" look, and more of a natural, editorial feel. She immediately emailed me pics of her clients (celebrity and brides) that she had done in a similar style, which straight away confirmed to me that she got it - she totally got it. On the day, she was truly the best. She is an absolute pro- using the best possible products, working with all hair types, and happy to accomodate anything. She even kindly "did" the flower girls make-up (i.e., powder and lip gloss to avoid a flower girl meltdown about being left out) - free of charge, as she could see how much it was going to mean to the little girl. On top of how wonderful she was at her job, she is also a legend to have around you on your wedding day. She keeps things light, breezy, funny, energetic, and most importantly - real! Honestly, if I lived in NY, I would do everything I could to make it on to her book of regulars. Do yourself a favour and book this wonderful woman!! I'm not much of a reviewer, but I wanted to do this because she was just-that-good.

Sent on 06/11/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Thank you Jessica, our connection made me smile! Stay amazing:)

Cynthia · Married on 05/12/2018

I am so thankful for JoAnn and her team for lifting my wedding to the next level. The makeup for my entire bridal party including mother, mother in law and grandmother were all on point!! She truly enhanced their beauty.
    She did my makeup and hair. As a fellow naturalista, I wanted to celebrate in my natural hair and I am so grateful that I found JoAnn. Through Pinterest and google images, I was able to get an idea of how I wanted my hair and makeup to look. JoAnn listened and created a flawless look. I received so many compliments during my wedding day and I could not have been happier with how I looked. JoAnn is such a sweetheart and knows what she is doing; truly professional. I highly recommend JoAnn!!!

Sent on 05/27/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

This made me smile. I truly live for my brides! You looked so stunning in that afro!!!!! Xoxoxoxo

Lyz · Married on 05/08/2018

JoAnn is a consumate professional! She arrived exactly on time and ready to work! As a beauty industry vet, she is highly skilled and was able to interpret the style I was looking for and execute quickly. She was also able to recommend products for my hair type, as well as a plan for the big day (hair washed vs unwashed). I would definitely recommend her services to any bride that seeks a classic, flawless look!

Sent on 04/15/2018

Thank you Lyz. Love and light xx

astrid · Married on 04/21/2018

I booked JoAnn for my bridal shower and wedding for both hair & make up. She did a wonderful job for both events. She is really good at knowing what to do just based off your personality and look. I don't wear a lot of makeup so I wasn't sure what I wanted but I was always more than pleased with the results she gave. On top of her being confident in her work and executing a flawless look, she is a wonderful person to be around and is easy to talk to. She gives off such positive energy and on the day of my wedding I truly needed it. I enjoyed working with her and would recommend her to any/all.

JoAnn Solomon Beauty 24
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 25
    JoAnn Solomon Beauty 26
    Sent on 05/24/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

Thank you! Wow you looked so great. I appreciate your laughter and good energy. Have an amazing pife with your new hubby:)

Caroline · Married on 04/21/2018

I contacted JoAnn to do my hair & makeup for my wedding, after I was unhappy with my initial trial with another vendor. I was nervous and feeling anxious that I wouldn't feel great on my big day. Enter JoAnn, who really listened to what I wanted (natural, soft, classic makeup with a low, flattering and sophisticated updo) and my concerns, and executed beautifully. You can tell that JoAnn is highly attentive and detail oriented, and she makes sure that she genuinely considers your personality and preferences, and doesn't just give her clients all the same "generic bride", overdone look. Thanks to JoAnn, I felt fabulous on my wedding day, and am still receiving compliments. Even my photographer (who sees professional makeup every day) said JoAnn's work was really impressive. She is also a lot of fun to be around, and kept me and my friends laughing all morning! If you have the opportunity to book JoAnn, I would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2018

JoAnn Solomon Beauty's reply:

This feels like yesterday. I wish we could do it again, so we could laugh. Again! Thank you for being open to a new ideA and allowing me to share my joy for beauty with you. Love and light always upon you.