Joann James Couture Reviews

Joann James Couture 4
Joann James Couture 5

Maggie · Married on 10/10/2019

Amazing, Wonderful Experience!

Very Professional and a pleasure to work with! She made my experience very pleasant and i would love to reccomend her to everyone! She had attention to detail and made the alterations seamless!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Madison Whalen · Married on 07/21/2019

Joann is amazing

I was slightly high-maintenance in that my dress needed lots of alterations AND I had purchased yards of tulle to have a skirt custom-made to wear over my dress for the ceremony and take off for the reception. JoAnn was a magician - the dress and the skirt were more than I could ever have dreamed of! She is so kind, makes you feel so at home, and really understands how to make your dress perfect for you!

Joann James Couture 6
    Joann James Couture 7
    Joann James Couture 8
    Sent on 08/26/2019

Sabryna Davis · Married on 07/20/2019

Ahhhh-mazing!

I put Ms.Joann through the ringer with my wedding dress. Unfortunately my dress arrived almost 3 weeks late and Ms. Joann only had 2 weeks to make my dress perfect! She was supposed to be taking things easy and relaxing a little but she agreed to continue working with me and I am so grateful because I’m not sure anyone else could have completed the intricate work in time! She didn’t cut any corners or make me feel bad about the delayed dress instead she made me feel confident and listened to what made me feel beautiful. Multiple times during my visits she would pause to ask “how do you feel” and she genuinely cared about my answer. I was so appreciative to be heard when I told her what was feeling right and what wasn’t. Without Joann’s beautiful work I couldn’t have felt as stunning as I did on my wedding day.

Joann James Couture 9
    Joann James Couture 16
    Sent on 08/24/2019

Emily Marie Lopez · Married on 06/29/2019

Bridal alteration

It was a pleasure to work with Joann, her work is her joy and it shows. She paid attention to every detail, she took her time and made sure everything was just right. She is a master of her craft and warm, wonderful company.

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Sui

Sui Wu · Married on 06/02/2019

Joann is an absolute expert in wedding dress couture

Joann made my wedding dress fit like a glove. The bustles are also nicely placed. I feel the dress look gorgeous on me and very comfortable.

Joann James Couture 17
    Sent on 06/25/2019

Sara · Married on 06/01/2019

Joann was great!

Joann did a wonderful job with my wedding dress. She was friendly and easy to communicate with, a very sweet lady. My dress was a little tricky to bustle so she did a custom design that turned out beautifully :)

Joann James Couture 18
    Joann James Couture 19
    Sent on 07/21/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2019

A commendable experience

I could not have asked for a better experience with Joann. She has a calm demeanor and is easy to work with as she is responsive and detail oriented. I will be turning to Joann for future alteration needs and recommending friends and family.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Candice

Candice · Married on 05/11/2019

Best tailor around!

Joann was not only an amazing tailor but also so fun to work with! She did an amazing job fitting my dress and it was perfect on my wedding day!

Sent on 08/18/2019
  • Lauryn

Lauryn · Married on 05/04/2019

Hayley Paige Alterations

Ms. JoAnn worked miracles on my Hayley Paige ballgown that needed some TLC before my wedding. She is a total pro and I highly recommend!

Sent on 07/22/2019

Rachel · Married on 04/13/2019

Joann is amazing

Joann altered not only my wedding gown, but also my mom's dress and my sister's maid of honor dress, which she pieced together from two separate dresses expertly! We refer to her as our fairy godmother because 'bippity-bobbity-boo' and your dress is perfect! Aside from her expertise, she is also the warmest person I've ever met in my life! You cannot go wrong, she is very detailed and VERY talented! You can tell she takes pride in her work!

Joann James Couture 20
    Sent on 07/11/2019

Rachel · Married on 04/06/2019

Joann is a miracle worker!!!!!!!!!!

My dress was ordered too small and Joann did not give up until that dress fit me like a glove. She will get it right and spends hours with her brides making sure they feel comfortable, beautiful, and like the most amazing bride in the world!!! I seriously could not have had a better day experience!!! You are the best Joann!!!!!

Joann James Couture 21
    Joann James Couture 22
    Joann James Couture 23
    Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 02/23/2019

Perfect Fit

Joann is warm and kind, and she has YEARS of experience. I wanted sleeves sewn onto my wedding gown and there was quite a bit of raking in the gown, in addition to a bustle and a hem. She walked me through several iterations of the aforementioned sleeves and we worked together to find the perfect solution. She is so ridiculously talented. My gown was far too big and she took it in multiple times until I was happy with the fit. Don’t hesitate to book with her, she’s amazing.

Joann James Couture 24
    Joann James Couture 25
    Joann James Couture 26
    Joann James Couture 27
    Sent on 02/25/2019

Diamond · Married on 12/30/2018

Professional & Talented

Joann is so talented and personable. Whenever I went in for an appointment she made me feel comfortable and beautiful. My dress fit me perfectly the day of my wedding.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Paige · Married on 12/08/2018

The Bride - Paige

I LOVE Ms. JoAnn!! I live in a small town and was concerned about finding someone I’d trust with the alterations of my wedding dress. My dress is backless with only a small illusion sleeve that has intricate beading/stones all over the gown. Ms. JoAnn was able to alter the sleeves to give me the support I needed, manage he hemline and the massive amounts of tulle that made up my train. It fit perfectly and was so beautiful! Ms. JoAnn is a pleasure to work with, I thoroughly enjoyed my visits with her. She gives honest advice, which I love. So you know you can trust her. When you get a compliment from Ms. JoAnn, she means it!! Just a bit of advice, her work takes time, so book her early. You can’t rush perfection!

Joann James Couture 28
    Sent on 12/16/2018

Megan · Married on 12/01/2018

Don't think twice! Book Joann James Couture NOW!

I was SO nervous to book a vendor for bridal alterations and Ms. Joann made all my nerves melt away when I first met her. I have never met anyone who is so knowledgeable and passionate about their craft as Ms. Joann is. She is truly an expert in this field and I seriously don't know how I got so lucky to cross paths with her! My Maggie Sottero gown was made for someone who is 5'11'' (I'm 5'1'') and I have a larger chest than most and Joann literally made my dress look like it was custom made for me with how well it fit. She was so accommodating with my difficult work schedule and helped me fit 4 alteration appointments in (I needed a lot of hem work with how short I am haha). Ms. Joann literally made my dress dreams come true and my family and I really bonded with her because of how amazing of a person she is, which is just the cherry on top! We love Ms. Joann and you will too! I cannot recommend her enough to you!!!

Joann James Couture 29
    Sent on 12/22/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 11/04/2018

Phenomenal!

Ms. Joann was abaolutely incredible! She ensures that every inch of my wedding dress was perfect. She thought of every little detail and made sure I had nothing to worry about when it came to the day of my wedding! I would recommend every bride see Ms. Joann cause she is worth it!

Sent on 11/24/2018
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 11/02/2018

Joann is exceptional!

I am so glad I chose Joann to alter my wedding dress, her work is fantastic!! Joann is a very special and kind woman. Every time me and my mom had an appointment she was so wonderful to us. She is very attention to detail and made sure my dress was perfect from top to bottom. I am not exaggerating, she perfected my dress to fit my silhouette exactly. It could not have fit me better on my wedding day!! It’s very hard to find people these days who truly care for the work they do, and Joann most certainly does. She has so much talent and years of experience in the wedding industry. I was actually sad during my last appointment because I knew that was our last visit with Joann. All in all, I highly recommend Joann!!

Sent on 12/20/2018

Nettie Jankoviak · Married on 10/28/2018

A Master of her Craft!

I was referred to Joann by Maggi Bridal where I bought my Justin Alexander dress. Before my first appointment I was very anxious. I’m a self conscious person who is still working on accepting my body shape and was worried I’d be faced with a hyper-critical seamstress. However, within minutes of meeting Joann, all of those concerns disappeared! She is very down to earth and personable, and made me feel so comfortable each visit. Joann is also flexible and accommodating to schedules. Due to my work, I was only available to come in on weekends, which was no problem for Joann. Additionally, she was willing to reschedule without hesitation when I had a family emergency. More importantly, the quality of her work is phenomenal! My gown required some cup inserts, taking in on the sides, length alterations, and a bustle. The number of compliments I received and continue to receive via social media is a testament to the quality of Joann’s work!

Joann James Couture 30
    Joann James Couture 31
    Sent on 12/28/2018

Meredith · Married on 10/20/2018

Joann made my experience with my bridal alterations amazing! She was so welcoming to both my mother and I, and made us feel like family when going through this experience. She always asked for my opinion before doing anything with my dress, and was very precise on making my alterations perfect! I would recommend her to anyone who is looking to have the best alterations experience!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Virginia Gibson · Married on 10/20/2018

Great work, good price

Joann was wonderful to work with and did an impeccable job altering my wedding gown for a very reasonable price. Absolutely loved her work and would highly recommend!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Carrie

Carrie · Married on 10/13/2018

Joann Wins "Wedding Angel" Award

If there was one silent hero in my whole wedding experience, it was Joann James. You would never know that my expertly tailored gown was essentially re-made by Joann from the waist out. I purchased my dress one size up to fit my wider-than-average rib cage, which inevitably made the gown much to big everywhere else. From our first meeting, Joann didn't miss a beat. She patiently and meticulously disassembled the gown at the waist, and shortened the skirt from the middle (through at least 7 layers of oddly-attached tulle) to preserve the delicate lace embroidery around the bottom. I truly thought this puzzle of a dress might stump her at some point! But I should have known better, because Joann is a master of her craft. Do yourself a service and hire this woman immediately! She is a true talent and an absolute pleasure to work with.

Joann James Couture 32
    Sent on 10/18/2018

Jessabel · Married on 10/13/2018

We loved her!

Ms. James was so amazing, sweet and professional. She cares about every small detail. She wanted everyone to be happy with her work and she worked so hard to make my special day dress amazing. She became like family to us. I will always remember my Ms. James with a happy heart.

Sent on 11/24/2018

Jacinda · Married on 10/11/2018

Hire Ms. JoAnn

Ms. Joann James is a hidden jewel in the bridal world. She has over 40 years of experience and knows what she is doing!!! The woman knows her stuff!!!!! I had no problem trusting her with my dress because of her years of experience and the woman is Bad Mama Jama (in a good way). I can't say enough about Ms. Joann, she has become a member of the family now.

Sent on 11/15/2018

Anna · Married on 09/29/2018

I am so glad I found Joann to alter my dress. She did a fabulous job and was a pleasure to work with! She really knows her stuff and has had years of experience in the industry. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/14/2018

Maggie · Married on 09/29/2018

Ms. Joann was wonderful to work with. She answered my calls, was accommodating of my schedule, and did a fabulous job with the work on my wedding dress. I felt very comfortable trusting her with my dress!

Sent on 09/17/2018