JLKevents Reviews

JLKevents 4
JLKevents 5
  • SJ

Sarah · Married on 02/07/2015

We used JLK for lighting and DJ services.

Since we were having a winter wedding, I didn't want to decorate with floral. Instead, we decorated with light. Our venue was the Charles Morris Center with beautiful tall brick walls and wood floors. We had JLK string cafe lights vertically against the wall to frame our altar area (which became the dance floor area for the reception) and they used soft ivory uplighting to highlight the windows.

Having been to several weddings with meh DJs, having someone that fit our personality was so important, and that was Daniel. But backing up the ceremony for which Daniel provided sound. The groom and officiant were mic'ed, and we received so many compliments on the level of sound; it didn't echo and there was no feedback. Up at the altar, we didn't even notice the amplification, making it seem like such an intimate ceremony. During cocktail hour, Daniel was able to track down even some of our most obscure requests. For the reception, Daniel was amazing. He helped us nail down our order of events and create such a streamlined reception that left plenty of time for people to party down. From our grand entrance and first dance to the last dance of the night, he took it to the next level. Everything was incredible.

Sent on 02/15/2015

Josh · Married on 01/24/2015

Great Job!!
    Worth every penny spent!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Everything was great

Jim · Married on 10/26/2014

Jamie at JLK Events came highly recommended by Danielle Tosky, the events coordinator at Oldfield Club in Bluffton, SC, where the wedding took place. With so many details to consider in bringing off a successful wedding, she said music could literally make or break the wedding. As Father of the Bride, I was not about to let that happen. We hired JLK Events, and specifically, DJ Jamie, and never looked back. I can recommend Jamie and the JLK Events team with my 100% endorsement. Jamie and his lovely wife met personally with my daughter and her fiance and planned all the music and what would be happening. Jamie did the music for both the ceremony, and then the reception. I can tell you that in my life I've been to a lot of weddings, as we all have. Without question, the performance by Jamie and the JLK Events team made the wedding a home run. They knew exactly what to do and when to do it, yet were flexible enough to incorporate the thoughts of the bride & groom. From the ceremony all the way through, they were all-stars. The music never stopped, and I've never been to a wedding where the dance floor was full all night long. That was the case here, and everyone had a blast.

They have my highest recommendation.

Sent on 11/12/2014

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you for the kind words. It was an honor to serve as the MC/DJ for Katie and Andy's wedding in reception. Thanks for trusting us on such an important day.
  • User3819856 · 2+ years ago

Gary is hands down the best DJ. Some may expect a wedding DJ to passively play selected music - this was not the case.

On our last meeting before the wedding, Gary pulled us aside and told us that his job was to make this the most special and memorable night of our lives. He took the time to get to know us, to learn about those close to us (like my Grandad), and of course learned how to pronounce everyone's name correctly :-)!

Gary met us at the reception venue and gave us multiple options for the layout. We discussed our options extensively and his recommendation was definitely the best choice. He created a timeline that flowed perfectly and - at the reception - he definitely kept the party going.

Our guests complimented us on Gary's involvement throughout the night. I will always remember looking over at Gary and seeing him and his assistant dancing along to the music.

Our guests definitely enjoyed themselves - especially towards the end. After a killer last song, Gary left the crowd wanting more (evidenced by the chant: ONE MORE SONG!). As previously stated, Gary's the best. And he delivered.

Gary and JLK were incredibly easy to work with, professional, and flexible with our budget. We guarantee the most fun wedding reception if you go with Gary and JLK!

Sent on 12/09/2014

Sarah · Married on 10/02/2014

We used Gary Lucca from JLK Events for the most important job as our DJ. I cannot say enough good things about Gary. He was a pleasure to work with, had great unique ideas and kept the party going! Gary is a true professional and really knows what music works for certain types of groups. We had a blast and so did our guests. I would highly recommend considering Gary as your DJ as he will not disappoint.

Sent on 10/15/2014

Katie · Married on 09/20/2014

Gary from JLK was absolutely phenomenal. He is very professional but is also super friendly and his special touches really make a difference. I had a wide variety of music that my guests wanted to hear and he was great with the timing and other song choices. I wanted to do something special for my parents and he was great with helping out! My husband even did something special as well and I really appreciated Gary's ideas. My guests loved the songs and I have never seen my mom dance as much as she did at my wedding! Thanks Gary and JLK it was amazing and I would definitely recommend him and JLK to other brides!

Sent on 10/11/2014

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you, Katie!! Your family was a pleasure to serve! We wish you a lifetime of happiness!!!

Katie · Married on 09/20/2014

Gary was absolutely fantastic. I am so thrilled he was our DJ and really made the reception that much better. The music selection was perfect and he was very flexible with planning and everything. He even had a special surprise with my husband and family which was very nice.

Joey · Married on 09/19/2014

The staff at JLK Events was fantastic. Jamie and Liz are wonderful people and treated us like we were their most important clients. My wife and I were somewhat lost in what direction we wanted our reception to go and Jamie and Liz sat down with us and step by step, went over the process and helped us make the choices we needed to make. Jamie as a DJ did the impossible. We had an older crowd at our wedding who were from two different parts of the country and who liked two different types of music. Jamie worked his magic and got everyone dancing together at the same time! The dance floor was never empty and everyone had a blast. Also, the cafe lights were amazing and added an effect to the room that was more than we could imagine. Also, the photobooth rental was great! We were able to work with them to have a custom design on our photographs which was a nice touch. Finally, we really enjoyed the process and enjoyed working with them. They were professional, on time, and just all around great people. I cannot recommend them enough! You will not be disappointed and I will definitely use their services for other future events if we need a DJ.

Sent on 10/23/2014

Hilary · Married on 09/13/2014

Gary was very helpful in getting my reception timeline together. I was nervous about it going smoothly since I didn't have a wedding planner and my reception was very late in the evening. It was in good hands with Gary! I talked on the phone with him several times but only met him the night of our wedding reception. He was very nice, understanding of my rowdy crew, and fun to be around! He gave the reception a lot of life and even kept playing later than we expected. Everything went off without a hitch; he was great!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Kristina · Married on 09/06/2014

The whole JLK team was great to work with, but Gary really was just stupendous. I was so worried that people weren't going to dance, and kept telling Gary that they might not dance ... well as soon as people stopped eating they were up dancing! Gary kept the night going and we danced the entire wedding. He was so fun and easy to interact with, and he really made our wedding super special. I highly recommend Gary and JLK to anyone planning a special event ... they will make your event perfect!

Sent on 05/13/2015

Cydni · Married on 08/23/2014

Extremely pleased! The wedding reception was a hit! Thank you!!!

Sent on 09/11/2014

Thanks so much.

Dan · Married on 08/09/2014

Everyone left our wedding talking about the music and the dancing. Gary was extremely professional and accommodating. He did an excellent job with the flow of the evening and had a great sense of what would keep the crowd engaged and happy, especially with the closing songs. The experience he provided was far superior to that of a band and we were very happy we went with him and JLK Events.

Liz · Married on 08/02/2014

Gary was our dj at the omni oceanfront resort in Hilton head. Coming from new york Gary made everything very easy and accommodating. He did everything we asked and went above and beyond it! Our family and guests had a great time and raved about how great the music was. We would highly recommend Gary and jlk events to others!

Anthony & Liz Pizzo

Sent on 06/05/2015

Gary was awesome and definitely kept our guest entertained! I'd use them again in a heartbeat!

Gina · Married on 07/07/2014

I cannot put into words how absolutely amazing Liz and Jamie were to work with. They exceeded my expectations in every way possible and they are worthy of more than five stars. Liz was very easy to communicate with and was quick to respond to any question that I had as I was planning my wedding from Ohio. The reception was perfect from start to finish and they are hands down the reason why. They are very detail oriented and made sure everything was perfect from start to finish. They planned out every minute of the reception and thought of things that we never would have to make sure that everything flowed smoothly. Jamie played the best music and was so much fun. He quickly figured out the type of music that we loved in addition to the music we had already discussed and he made sure that we never left the dance floor. My wedding was 7 months ago and my guests are still talking about how much fun they had at our reception! Jamie and Liz hold a special place in my heart and I would recommend them in a heartbeat because they are simply the best! I will never forget that day and the special role that they both played in helping us to create memories that will last a lifetime!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Lori · Married on 06/28/2014

Gary was fantastic! Everyone loved his personality, and he was great with the kids! We couldn't have asked for a better DJ for our wedding reception.

Jessica · Married on 06/20/2014

Gary was fabulous! He impressed me with the amount of energy and effort that he put in to make our day the absolute best. He was fun and enthusiastic and did an amazing job. He took the time to listen to my ideas and what I wanted, he was knowledgeable and professional, and very flexible. He also had wonderful ideas and surprises that made our day extra special! He went way past my expectations as a DJ. You can tell that he loves what he does and he truly cares about the bride and making the experience memorable. I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/10/2015

Sari · Married on 06/14/2014

Bill and I met with Liz and Jamie, the owners of JLK Events about 7 months before the wedding, which was only 2 months after we met and got engaged. From the first e-mail I got the sense of professionalism and care. Originally we were only doing lighting, but ended up doing photo booth and DJ as well!! We were not prepared at all before we met but as we walked out of the meeting, we had a well structured plan for the ceremony music and flow of the evening, even a design for our logo/ custom monogram and pattern projection on the walls. I knew I wanted it all and a little on the wilder side as my colors were bold orange and hot pink. Jamie and Liz did not blink an eye but guided us through the process. We discussed many options and I knew that we were working with true professionals. When the Big Day came, I was totally at ease with how it was going to turn out. We had weather challenges etc but I never knew any of it! The introductions were so perfect and Jamie told our love story along the way perfectly without making it boring and distracting the flow of the evening. He was so GREAT, I wanted to run up and ask him for a dance!! Something unexpected happened and Jamie handled the situation with such speed and professionalism, nobody even noticed. The photo booth was a real hit with our guests as well! The up lighting was absolutely superb and the room was unbelievably beautiful!! As a wedding planner and luxury guest services professional myself, my expectations were high and I was quite detail oriented about every little thing, but it was easy to let go as I was working with such true professionals. After our final meeting I felt a bit sad as I knew the work was done and I was not going to get to work with them again (until maybe when I will bring a bride to them next...lol). We will want to take them for dinner when we come into town, they are just so much fun to be with! Awesome job JLK Events and Team!!! One day I will get my dance with Jamie! We love you!

Sent on 06/19/2014

JLKevents's reply:

We love you both so much....true love is fun to be around!! We will take you up on that dinner~and Jamie's dance!

Christine · Married on 05/25/2014

JLK is absolutely amazing and I would recommend their services to any bride and groom!

Sent on 09/11/2014

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you!! Serving you was our pleasure!!

Anna · Married on 05/24/2014

JLK Events did such a BEAUTIFUL job for my cafe lighting at our outdoor wedding at Rose Hill Plantation in May. They were perfectly on time on location the day of the wedding for set up and removal as well. I received so many compliments on how beautiful it looked! Thank you so much for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Donna · Married on 05/03/2014

I cannot say enough good things about JLK. Jamie was our DJ and did an outstanding job. He spent a lot of time before the wedding, planning the music for all the special things that go with a wedding: what everyone would walk down the aisle to, wedding party entrance to reception, throwing bouquet, etc. Because of him, the dance floor was NEVER empty. There was always a crowd dancing. We had an amazing time. Thank you Jamie & Liz! You really went beyond our expectations.

Sent on 09/26/2014

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you! We had a great time during the entire planning process with your family....and the wedding day was awesome!!! Y'all are so much fun!!

Lauren · Married on 04/26/2014

JLK events did a fabulous job at our wedding! Liz and Gary were so great to work with. They are so personable and make the planning process stress free. The personal touches and ideas that they added during our reception made the night even more memorable. The night was so much fun and our guests couldn't stop raving about how great the music was. I highly recommend JLK Events!

Sent on 05/20/2014

JLKevents's reply:

Thank you!! We are so happy that you had an awesome time and that you were able to just ENJOY your wedding day!!! We wish you a blessed marriage!!!

Kristin · Married on 04/22/2014

Daniel was AWESOME!!! Everyone loved him and loved the work he did on our special day. THANK YOU! :)

Sent on 05/02/2014

JLKevents's reply:

Thanks so much, we could not agree more, Daniel is awesome.

Fun DJ who directed our ceremony with ease and professionalism.